Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Soul Eater Episode 30 Discussion

Mar 27, 2011 2:34 AM

Naruleach said:
great animation!! love soul eater.

Yeah that animation was outstanding. Now we've got some suspense..

Jun 6, 2011 10:31 PM

i figured it out just a little bit earlier than kid. :)
but kid was kinda rite about the desert, its not everyday you got a skateboard/snowboard and giant natural ramps all around you which is actually the desert

Jul 8, 2011 6:24 PM

Awesome episode. Kid and Patty are just so much love. <3

supermegasonic said:
but kid was kinda rite about the desert, its not everyday you got a skateboard/snowboard and giant natural ramps all around you which is actually the desert

But wouldn't a skateboard's wheels sink in sand? @_@
[insert awesome signature here]

Sep 15, 2011 10:17 AM

"How do you like the taste of my pole and balls?!"

Oct 12, 2011 10:53 PM

A great breezy action piece with a lot of good humor, which has been the only thing this series has really excelled at to any degree. I would say that I wish the whole series was like this, but the foreshadowing of possible untoward dealings by the DWMA is the first actually kind of interesting plot we've got going on, plus raising the possibility that Death isn't Death at all, but just a wizard wearing a cloak?

Mar 30, 2012 1:42 AM

Yes! I love Kid episodes. Gotta love Patty, one moment she'll go crazy on yo ass and then the next she's like Ooooh sand :D

Aug 26, 2012 6:41 PM

The sun is even freakier in desert. Loved the desert scene Kid kicks some serious ass. Feel sorry for Chrona having to deal with Medusa again :( maybe Chibi Ragnarok can beat up Chibi Medusa.

Aug 30, 2012 1:44 PM
kid looks sick wearing that shinigami thingy suit. and 360 kickflip dang hoverboard ftw
Ezsence

Oct 18, 2012 3:33 PM
originanime

LOL Patty was so win! And yeah, episodes focused on Kid are always good. :)

Oct 22, 2012 5:25 PM
Great episode.
Lol death the kid did tricks at the desert.
The end was great.
5/5

Oct 23, 2012 3:46 PM

lovescream said:
I love Patty. <3 Adorable in this episode~

On a side note, anyone else got reminded of Cowboy Bebop during the Kid x Fisherdude battle? I heard a touch of jazz and instantly thought of CB. xD

gunfight...on a train,,,jazz in the background...the whole scene just screams Knocking on Heaven's Door...as an avid Bebop fan that made me happy...

Nov 17, 2012 8:37 PM

Jacut said:
Ridiculous episode.

Pretty sure it was actually a pretty solid episode that developed quite a bit of plot.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Feb 9, 2013 3:07 AM

Kid was pretty cool. I wonder what will happen to Chrona.

Mar 21, 2013 6:01 AM

Interesting development especially that ending... things are getting started to form again quite nicely!

Jun 20, 2013 8:29 PM

Maybe it's just me but I seriously feel that Kid's episodes are always the mos entertaining.

Dec 15, 2013 8:21 AM

I love Patty's laugh and when she is angry. xD
no

Mar 15, 2015 8:17 PM

Patti was so badass O_O
I could really hear Cherami in her in this episode too.

Jul 19, 2015 8:53 PM

Another episode filled with Kid, Liz, and Patty's crazy antics and hilariously awesome battles. Aw man, the conspiracy-esque tension has got me. I thought Asura was going to be the end game baddy, but Death's cover up is suggesting there's even deeper secrets beyond the kishin.

Dec 12, 2015 11:32 AM

Eibon, Death's alter ego???
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 22, 2016 6:29 AM

Well well well Death aren't you full of surprises.

Jan 27, 2017 5:28 AM

Madara22 said:

Nah. Those are clearly two different signatures from two different persons.
Maybe they were friends?
My guess is that Sid and Shinigami-sama are just trying to cover the truth to protect the students.Could it be something related to Kid's origins?

Jan 27, 2017 6:12 AM

Shendue said:
Madara22 said:

Maybe they were friends?
My guess is that Sid and Shinigami-sama are just trying to cover the truth to protect the students.Could it be something related to Kid's origins?

Guess so, I'll have to read the manga to find out. Cuz I forgot but I clearly remember getting an answer to it. (Btw it's a 2 year old post haha :D)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 27, 2017 5:36 PM

Madara22 said:
Guess so, I'll have to read the manga to find out. Cuz I forgot but I clearly remember getting an answer to it. (Btw it's a 2 year old post haha :D)

I know, it's a pretty old comment. I mostly quoted in case someone else later on watches the anime as well and is interested in the subject.
Maybe I shouldn't reply to stuff posted years ago but I find it hard to suppress the impulse to discuss about the episodes, even if I'm a late watcher.

I bought the first number of the manga and watched a couple videos of a few fights and comedy moments from the very first part back then when it came out, but it's only recently that I went back to it and started to actually watch the anime due to it being recently uploaded on a free streaming service I commonly use.
I think that it stands up pretty well to the test of time. I guess it helps that it's still relatively recent; it has pretty amazing animations and design IMHO.
I don't recall much better animated action in a series, apart from Fate/Stay UBW, that has weaker characters tho, Index/Railgun, Madoka Magica and Gurren Lagann.
Modified by Shendue, Jan 27, 2017 5:40 PM

Jan 27, 2017 7:06 PM

Shendue said:
Madara22 said:

Maybe they were friends?

Ah... Death the Kid's origins. Now that was a great reveal in the manga...

And man, I envy you. I'd do anything to revisit Soul Eater in anime and manga for the 1st time again.

Oct 31, 2018 3:07 PM

The battle seen in the train is straight up a 3 way battle between Medusa faction, Arachne faction, and the DWMA faction. But with the Kishin added to the equation, it's a 4 sided battle. This has turned rather chaotic, the audience doesn't even truly know of the ultimate goals of each individual besides the DWMA which is to maintain peace and world order, thought hat itself is very vague.

Eibon and Death, the plot thicken... It already does but it thickens even more so now...
The secrets, the objectives, the ambitions, what, why, who, NANI?!?!?!??

Well besides the more complex side, it's about time for Death the Kid to have his action time!

Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]