Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 5, 2008 3:08 PM

May 2007
Iriya said:
I love this. I love how every episode seems like it would go by slowly but something about the way they execute the story catches your attention and suddenly, it's the end of the episode. And not that anyone's said this yet but I don't think it's going slow at all. I like how we're finding out about Casshern pretty much at the same rate he's finding out about himself. It's nice to not be able to really predict what's happening or what will happen.

This is exactly why I love this show.
Nov 5, 2008 7:48 PM
Apr 2008
new character is the best colour ever (purple) so u know he is gona be cool. his demeanor reminds me of CELL just because he has that cocky yet relaxed look.
Nov 7, 2008 8:48 PM

Oct 2008
I liked the ep it was cool and I can't wait to see the upcoming fight i hope they dont make it too short

It was great seeing how Ringo was once she saw how he gets while fighting and wish he would've finished off that little one wouldve been great
Nov 7, 2008 9:18 PM

Oct 2008
roku11 said:
new character is the best colour ever (purple) so u know he is gona be cool. his demeanor reminds me of CELL just because he has that cocky yet relaxed look.

God sometimes I just can't stand you lot. Irritating place this rock you all call home can be sometimes.
Your simple world can be a fantastic place, you just have to know where to look.
Nov 9, 2008 1:32 PM

Aug 2008
Very Good! Many things was revelead in this episode and the great question: Who is Lunar?
Nov 9, 2008 9:08 PM

Apr 2007
Another guy like Casshern :O

I was actually spoiled ahead of time so I'm not surprised. Still looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 10, 2008 1:05 PM

Feb 2008
Finally found time to watch this episode. And its still "highscore" for me. They slowly reveal more information about the main characters. I understand their relationship as follows:

- Friender hates Casshern for going berserk and killing everything around him. So he stays behind and only interferes in order to prevent the situation to become even worse.

- Lyuze hates Casshern for killing her sister. So revenge is all she is living for. Unfortunately she doesnt stand a chance. I guess she realised this after the fight. But what will be her next step now that she has no purpose in this ruined and hopeless world?

- Ringo and the old man (cyborg/robot) just want to survive and help other robots to not abandon hope. Obviously Casshern means more ruin than salvation for them, although he just wants to help as well.

- Casshern likes Ringo, because she seems to be one of the very few robots (humans?) that do not fear him and want him to sacrifize for the sins he has done.

I really enjoy shows that make me so reflective. ^^
FTGTNov 10, 2008 1:10 PM
Nov 10, 2008 7:20 PM

Jul 2007
The_Doctor said:
Susan said:
Maybe I should just stop watching this series.

If you do decided to drop Casshern Sins dear fellow I do suggest you watch the original Neo-Human Casshern, classic series.

... Fellow?

Hmmm. I will take that under advisement! Thanks! :D

The_Doctor said:
Iriya said:
we're finding out about Casshern pretty much at the same rate he's finding out about himself. It's nice to not be able to really predict what's happening or what will happen.

Hah I couldn't help but chuckle at this statement, I love humans. One batch is made up of intellectual folk, the next batch is simple minded folk.

Human? That's the first time I've ever been called that, if you were indeed referring to me in there somewhere... ;)

Deadpool135 said:
Susan said:
I'm finding it really annoying how every episode so far has barely moved the story along. So far we're still at: Casshern killed Luna, and he doesn't remember anything about it, and everyone wants to kill him for it.

Uh... how many times will they repeat that?

Indeed. This was the first episode that really struck me with that attitude. That is the main reason why I found this to be my least favorite episode; I was expecting at least a little plot progression. So I figure, if they have one more episode along these lines, they didn't do as good do of a job as they could have. Still an amazing series none-the-less.

What kept me watching the series for 5 episodes was actually the OP song. I adore color bottle (although their change in image for this song doesn't suit them). Don't get me wrong, the series is gorgeous and it's had its moments, episode-wise. Episode 3 is a must-see, I think. Ringo was also delightful. I can usually get over slow plot-movement if the series really has something to it, but I've found Casshern is kind of shallow at this point. I can only take so much of that "tortured soul" motif before I get bored. It's overdone.

Still, maybe I'll check out Casshern sins again when I have more time on my hands to risk wasting. ;)
<---made of awesome!
Nov 11, 2008 8:44 AM

Oct 2008
The music in this episode was stellar. Poor, poor Casshern.

Nov 11, 2008 2:14 PM

Jan 2008
Great tension building and awesome action scenes. In terms of innovations the best show of the fall.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Nov 12, 2008 10:58 AM

May 2008
Yay Ringo made another appearance.:D

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 16, 2008 12:14 AM

May 2008
This anime started out a 6 for me and now its up to an 8. probably will continue to grow.

FABULOUS episode, I just dont have any words for it right now. the animation is just SO good I can't even believe it, I just love how they animate everything with the dark lines.

second casshern?? ooh boy next episode will be interesting
Jan 3, 2009 11:39 PM

Jan 2008
This series is so beautiful in animation and in plot. It always leaves you craving for more!
Oct 1, 2009 10:17 PM

Jul 2008
who is that at the end? his brother?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 28, 2010 8:00 PM

Dec 2008
Casshern in bad ass mode is amazing!!
Jun 25, 2012 10:31 PM

Mar 2012
another dude similar to casshern..sounds interesting...good episode too bad he keeps on losing control
Jul 9, 2012 11:35 PM

Oct 2011
yay the story gets a actual plot!
Oct 4, 2012 10:04 PM

Apr 2011
When Casshern mention he was trying to save those 2, I guess he killed that other child, when the Ringo shouted to "stop". Seeing another similar character to Casshern, I guess it tell us more than what we know.
May 5, 2013 11:25 PM
Aug 2011
I don't like the girl at the beginning but that ending was good.
Feb 21, 2014 8:11 AM

May 2012
Oh wow that ending, I didn't expect a similar opponent as Casshern so soon into the story! But well let's see what happens next and who this new casshern like character is!
Feb 26, 2014 5:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I expected Casshern to get a nemesis that was as strong as him but not so soon in the series. This is going to get intense next episode.

Casshern willing to give up his life was quite gripping and emotional.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 25, 2014 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
FUCK YES

NEW OLD SCHOOL WINS

CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THE GETTER ROBO AND SHIN MAZINGER SHIT!!!
Jan 31, 2015 10:24 AM
Mar 2014
Seems like Casshern was send on a mission to kill the person in the OP, prob the guy we saw at the beginning of the show.
May 8, 2015 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
What a great episode, we keep seeing little hints but I wanna see the whole of Cassherns flashback already.
Oct 29, 2015 10:43 PM

Jan 2010

I dislike Casshern Sins having a plot. I think it's at home simply looking at the lives of various robots, rather than going back to Casshern and the reoccurring characters' plights and dramas. The world is large and vast, so I'd like to see the show take more of an advantage of it. That being said, I'm at the point where the scenery feels like it's repeating itself, as are the general flow of dialogue from the reoccurring characters. It's definitely a good idea to watch this show slowly, as marathoning it would definitely get tiring. Paced out, it gives the feel that the entire world is one huge desert, even though we've had scenes next to oceans. Hell, it's in the ending theme. Because of this, I would like to see more variety in environments, since this show has great opportunities there.

Still, if the show keeps the atmosphere and setting going, it does make the world of Casshern Sins vast and dead. If that's the intent, then so far so good.

Besides that, I'm glad to get a little bit more back story and history to this whole situation. In recent episodes, everyone keeps blaming Casshern for everything, and while he may have been guilty, it almost seems like brainwashing. From Casshern's point of view, he has no idea what's going on, and I doubt he has had any flashbacks or dreams regarding killing Luna. As such, for all he knows, he could have been born after the apocalypse, and everyone is blaming Casshern for a crime he has no association with. We, the viewers, know he's probably guilty, as we've had the flashback scenes depicting him before Luna declaring his intent to kill. However, without those, us, along with Casshern, would only have the testimony of various distraught robots to prove that Casshern ruined the world.

With this episode though, we're getting a little bit more meat on the story, which is appreciated. I'm concerned about the new character though, as again, I'm not too keen on Casshern Sins having a plot. But, let's see where this leads to.
Jan 3, 2016 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
Finally learned what the Sun named Moon meant. Pretty clever word play.
Another fantastic episode.
Jul 22, 2016 7:54 PM
Dec 2014
Funnily enough cannibals usee to believe eating their prisones of war made them stronger.

Dieticians have disproven this so don't try it out ;) wiki Kuru, it's not healthy.
Oct 19, 2018 10:45 PM
Sep 2015
Lol, Casshern just idly stood by and let them kill the second lolibot when he could've saved her as easily as he'd saved Ringo just seconds earlier.

May 31, 2019 3:49 PM

Jul 2016
good episode, more details on Casshern
Aug 23, 2022 8:54 AM
Jul 2022
Insane reveal, no spoilers.
May 4, 2023 8:07 PM
May 2023
opening? GOD, animación? GOD, historia? GOD
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

92 by GabrielWhite »»
Feb 15, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 4, 2009

93 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

94 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.