Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 29, 2008 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This time we'll get to see the REAL Ami.
She seems to be an extreme hypocrite. Yet another character changing the school is a bit lame .. when will that ever stop?
Kitamura's also a funny guy liking her true side.
Taiga hit Ami pretending there was a mosquito and really hit a fly haha >.<
Minorin's detector: LOL. Her letter: ROFL. Her answer to the letter: xD Her craziness is what I like <3
And in the end Taiga found out a weakness of Ami, the battle will go on..
Oct 29, 2008 9:53 AM

Jul 2008
SUBS ARE out! Ami is GOING TO BE HATED by me! Good thing Taiga teaches her a lesson! HA! Too bad for her!

Sometimes it fun to do so+not all things in ToraDora are fake you know.
*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:27 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 29, 2008 1:19 PM

Jan 2008
seriously, i'm loving this more than kannagi
Oct 29, 2008 1:57 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
RAW is out! Ami is GOING TO BE HATED by me! Good thing Taiga teaches her a lesson! HA! Too bad for her!

OK I HATE AMI! HATE! HATE! HATE!

My impression of AMI:
SLUT!
BI***!
MANIPULATIVE
ARROGANT AND SNORTY!
LYING
THINKS SHE IS BETTER CAUSE OF HER MODELING JOB!

Ok, I got that off my chest! I CURSE YOU AMI! I hope Taiga KICKS YOUR ASS SO BAD THAT YOU CAN NEVER MODEL AGAIN!

THE HAPPIEST MOMENT---------->AISAKA SLAPPING AMI! I JUMPED OUT OF SEAT AND SAI YES! PUNCH HER MORE AISAKA! KICK HER AISAKA!

Kushieda was LOL with her radar. However I DON'T AGREE WITH HER ABOUT AMI! True beauty comes from inside AND AMI'S INSIDE ARE ROTTEN! I met girls like her in real life! Most of them got screwed over by the guy or though as BI***** in school (personal experiences).

SORRY PEOPLE but I also think THAT SHE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO WORK when she goes to school. I though IN JAPAN YOU CANNOT WORK WHILE GOING TO SCHOOL???? So why she still into it?

CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT EPISODE WHEN AMI get more abused BY AISAKA! ON TOP OF THAT SHE MADE AISAKA CRY! >:( I AM REALLY MAD FOR THAT! NO ONE MAKES AISAKA CRY! NO ONE!

I AM GOING OFFICIALLY ON AISAKA SIDE TO go against AMI KAWASHIMA! Yes! Ami must be abused by AISAKA UNTIL SHE THROWS THAT BITCHY ATTITUDE!

ANYWAYS I WAS ALWAYS with Ryuuji and Aisaka! The fact that Ami tried to manipulate Ryuuji........UNFORGIVABLE!

I think you take anime a little too seriously.
Oct 29, 2008 4:25 PM

Jan 2008
The addition of Ami means more drama. I like.
Haha, and the scene when Kushieda does this is great
Oct 29, 2008 4:44 PM

Jan 2008
Wasabi said:
I think you take anime a little way too seriously.
Fixed.
Oct 29, 2008 4:46 PM

Dec 2007

OMG
Oct 29, 2008 5:06 PM

Nov 2007
Crap the series has been liscensed, and C+D's have been sent out to the fan sub groups... Why do they do this, they want to make money off anime by fans not downloading it but they do shit like liscense a series they won't even air till over a year and want all us fans alreading watching the subs to just stop and wait...
Oct 29, 2008 5:12 PM

Nov 2007
Shadow_Strider said:
Crap the series has been liscensed, and C+D's have been sent out to the fan sub groups... Why do they do this, they want to make money off anime by fans not downloading it but they do shit like liscense a series they won't even air till over a year and want all us fans alreading watching the subs to just stop and wait...

Where did you read it's licensed? I haven't seen anything on AS or ANN.
Oct 29, 2008 5:15 PM

Nov 2007
A person posted it on Random Curiosity so I went to GG subs to confirm it and they have the series progress listed as C+D (Cease and Disist).
Oct 29, 2008 5:19 PM

Nov 2007
gg drops Toradora
Yeah, we did. Nobody but me was in any way interested in the show and I had to drag their weight and frustrate them out for 3 weeks straight after episode one, so we’re back to dropping it. HOWEVER, I am continuing this with another group. You’ll see me around with them in hopefully the same timely manner as we’ve been doing it so far. More to come on this.

From ilifin's blog.
Oct 29, 2008 5:28 PM

Nov 2007
oh so it's only GG, then why did the list progress as C+D instead of dropped... anyway glad the info I read was wrong.
Oct 29, 2008 6:30 PM

Sep 2007
Asako said:
gg drops Toradora
Yeah, we did. Nobody but me was in any way interested in the show and I had to drag their weight and frustrate them out for 3 weeks straight after episode one, so we’re back to dropping it. HOWEVER, I am continuing this with another group. You’ll see me around with them in hopefully the same timely manner as we’ve been doing it so far. More to come on this.

From ilifin's blog.

Was there any mention of which group ilifin will be working with?
Oct 29, 2008 11:34 PM

Jul 2008
angel999 said:
RAW is out! Ami is GOING TO BE HATED by me! Good thing Taiga teaches her a lesson! HA! Too bad for her!

OK I HATE AMI! HATE! HATE! HATE!

My impression of AMI:
SLUT!
BI***!
MANIPULATIVE
ARROGANT AND SNORTY!
LYING
THINKS SHE IS BETTER CAUSE OF HER MODELING JOB!

haha, normally I would agree so, but her behavior gets way too trivial / typical when u have seen so much anime with similar characters :P She actually caught my interest, nonetheless,

but kushieda is still my fav <3
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Oct 29, 2008 11:45 PM

Nov 2007
Nobody can trump Minorin's bucket of pudding.
Oct 30, 2008 12:40 AM

Sep 2007
After watching the episode, it's pretty safe to say Ami is another one of those typical character who has issues at home which results in acting differently when she's interacting with other people. And of course that will be eventually settled and Ami will realize her true self and be all buddy buddy with the rest of the cast.

angel999 said:
Sometimes it fun to do so+not all things in ToraDora are fake you know.

Y-y-y-you mean... TAIGA IS REAAAAALLLLL!? Seriously, I could care less if Toradora was fake or not. It's a comedy anime, not some srs biz anime that features characters in epic drama. I see absolutely no reason to get worked up by one character archetype that's been seen in dozens of other anime.
WasabiOct 30, 2008 12:47 AM
Oct 30, 2008 1:36 AM

Sep 2007
This anime impresses me at least once or twice per episode to the point where I think it might turn out near the top of the romcom pile.

I think Ami is kinda subverted though. It's not like she managed to deceive a bunch of mindless main characters for more than an episode or two; THEN I probably would have raged at how typical her character presentation was. As it stands, I feel nothing but pity for her character, and am looking forward to see her future presention. Maybe she can end up a bit above average like the other four.

On another note, I'm still liking Taiga's not-so-typical take on the violent chibikko tsundere. She might end up as one of my favourite tsunderes.
Oct 30, 2008 5:09 AM

Jul 2008
AkariChan said:
y I would agree so, but her behavior gets way too trivial / typical when u have seen so much anime with similar characters :P She actually caught my interest, nonetheless,

but kushieda is still my fav <3

AHA! On a funny note I heard in the subs so I understood better Aisaka does call Ami BITCH and on top of that at least 5 to 10 times..........NOT BAD I did it like 20 TO 30 times!

Personally I think me as well as Taiga can, and WOULD kick Ami's ass and BTW next episode I don't think she will do anything at all! HA! Aisaka is going to kick her ass FOR LYING!

AMI--------->AKUMA ONNA!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 30, 2008 6:07 AM

Jul 2008
A great introduction about Ami, when i saw her i thought she could be a trap or something^^; wonder what aisaka will do against ami, let the catfight begin^^

Oct 30, 2008 7:24 AM

Jan 2008
Watching this ep's preview, that's just how I imagined Ami to be. Selfish, arrogant, smartassed and fake on top. But honestly, when she was introduced in the diner, at first I thought I've been wrong on the judgement, but then when Ryuuji and Kitamura went to the "toilet", I realized she's sassy after all.

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode a lot, 'cause Ami is basically a contrast to the other characters, not brutal like Taiga, not stupid like Kushieda (which is the character I hate the most in Toradora!), etc.

And there's a nice cliffhanger, I can't wait to see how the Taiga-Ami conflict will progress.

Oh, did I mention I love the OP & ED? <3
Oct 30, 2008 10:20 AM

Aug 2008
This was a great episode. Funny to see how many people have new Kusheida avvies in this thread.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 30, 2008 11:05 AM

Jun 2008
Another good episode. I was waiting for Ryuuji to tell her something in the scene near the vending machine. Haha school notes ftw, poor guy i feel sorry for him. I want to see how Ami is going to affect the Dragon and Tiger Duo >.< And Kitamura sure has a weird taste in girls!!! What happen to my PARROT =) INKO
acemig007Oct 30, 2008 11:09 AM
This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against me.
Oct 30, 2008 11:08 AM

Aug 2008
Hmm Minorins expression when crossing hands... the hell? "... like stalker" Autumn anime sure is full of stalkers ^^
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 30, 2008 11:15 AM

May 2007
Oh god I can't stop laughing. It seems Taiga literally have a foe recently. I don't find Ami annoying, but rather an interesting character. Kitamura brought her to the school probably due to bad behavior (her true nature) business-wise, and by socializing with others there Kitamura probably hoped to see her "normally" interact with others, and not just some pretentious bitch. I say, Taiga is gonna whoop her ass in no time.

Those of you who already "hate" Ami, just wait for it. Seeing the opening sequence, the 5 characters (Taiga, Ryuuji, Minorin, Kitamura, and Ami) all are good friends. The real fun has yet to begun.

Some hilarious GIFs I accumulated for eyecandy:
chibukiOct 30, 2008 11:22 AM
Oct 30, 2008 11:25 AM

Jul 2008
ChiBuki said:
Oh god I can't stop laughing. It seems Taiga literally have a foe recently. I don't find Ami annoying, but rather an interesting character. Kitamura brought her to the school probably due to bad behavior (her true nature) business-wise, and by socializing with others there Kitamura probably hoped to see her "normally" interact with others, and not just some pretentious bitch. I say, Taiga is gonna whoop her ass in no time.

Those of you who already "hate" Ami, just wait for it. Seeing the opening sequence, the 5 characters (Taiga, Ryuuji, Minorin, Kitamura, and Ami) all are good friends. The real fun has yet to begun.

Some hilarious GIFs I accumulated for eyecandy:
I ACTUALLY DID AT THE SAME TIME, I don't know why just happened....JUST LUCKY I HAD NO LIQUID IN MY MOUTH...that would have been a mess in my room! XD

THIS ONE MADE HAPPY CAUSE AMI GOT SCARED! XD

BTW YEAH I AM LOOKING 100% forward towards seeing get her asskicked many times by Taiga.........SHE MADE AISAKA CRY! That I will remember! Sure Aisaka is gullible and clumsy BUT I HATE PEOPLE THAT PLAY WITH OTHER'S HEARTS! It's just not right.
angel999Oct 30, 2008 11:32 AM
Oct 30, 2008 12:45 PM

Mar 2008
5th episode was a very funny (and great) one. Kushieda was amazing! I begin to like her more than Taiga, but Ami was a bit (only a bit) annoying for my taste >.> hope she's changing a little next time.
Oct 30, 2008 2:33 PM

Sep 2008
pretty decent I can't wait for the 6th
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 30, 2008 3:07 PM

Sep 2007
This series just gets more and more epic with every episode. I have to be careful about watching it around other people because I tend to giggle uncontrollably for the entire 25 minutes - I probably look really stupid. :-P

Minorin wins again, though. That scene where she stands up in the middle of class and makes an "X" was utter brilliance.

Chibuki said:

This one. Such awesome music selection. And it literally comes out of nowhere. XD

I'm praying that this goes on for more than 13 episodes (which is rare - I like short series).
Oct 30, 2008 3:23 PM

May 2007
Ami is definitely a great character. The potential for interactions between her and Taiga are a lot. Let's hope we see some of the more funnier ones.

And I totally loved the Sailor Moon reference. Haha.
Oct 30, 2008 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
Kushieda was totally awesome in this episode!

I thought Ami was annoying though.. Her dual persona was interesting, but I'd like her better if she and Taiga would get along! They'd be an unbeatable duo. But I really doubt that will happen anytime soon. XD
Oct 30, 2008 3:58 PM

Jul 2008
Shedinja said:
Kushieda was totally awesome in this episode!

I thought Ami was annoying though.. Her dual persona was interesting, but I'd like her better if she and Taiga would get along! They'd be an unbeatable duo. But I really doubt that will happen anytime soon. XD

but then there wouldn't be any more drama in it right :P
Oct 30, 2008 4:02 PM
Apr 2008
vindemon64 said:
Ami is definitely a great character. The potential for interactions between her and Taiga are a lot. Let's hope we see some of the more funnier ones.

And I totally loved the Sailor Moon reference. Haha.

Ahaha! The Sailor Moon reference made me lol. I was really glad my roommate was gone when I was watching it, cuz I felt like a tard. xD
Oct 30, 2008 4:03 PM

Apr 2008
Davison said:

OMG
That was funny then weird, I'm starting to love Toradora! because of these moments.
Oct 30, 2008 4:17 PM

Feb 2008
I didn't get Minorin's expression, what was that all about? The only thing I could think of was that she doesn't like people that refer to themselves as air-headed but maybe she was cursing Ryuuji...?

Anyway, it seems Toradora is back with a bang after a couple of lackluster episodes. All it took was another insane female character. I can do 25 episodes now.
Oct 30, 2008 4:33 PM

Dec 2007
naikou said:
Minorin wins again, though. That scene where she stands up in the middle of class and makes an "X" was utter brilliance.

Chibuki said:

Minorin for the win. <3
Oct 30, 2008 6:24 PM
Oct 2007
yea, i don't get minori's little pose in class.. i'm confused!
Oct 30, 2008 6:31 PM

Jul 2008
I WANT TO SHARE SOMETHING I FOUND OUT ABOUT KUSHIEDA: Her radar did not react to Ami cause even though she has exterior beauty, HER INSIDES ARE ROTTEN. I am sure of this cause Kushieda can see inner strengths I learned that in #3. Since she mentions to defeat her inner weakness and is able to.

PROBABLY Kushieda might fix Ami in a good way but I STILL want Aisaka to KICK HER ASS!
Oct 30, 2008 6:34 PM

Jul 2008
sakura_haruko said:
naikou said:

Chibuki said:

Minorin for the win. <3

she was faking a circle (correct/approve) and then went to a cross right after...right?
Oct 30, 2008 6:41 PM

Jul 2008
I want to marry Yasuko, she's amazing.

I was loving Ami when they first came into the restaurant, but then she had to go and turn into a brat. I still like her though, regardless.

Minori's radar was pretty funny also, completely unexpected.
Oct 30, 2008 7:12 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
I WANT TO SHARE SOMETHING I FOUND OUT ABOUT KUSHIEDA: Her radar did not react to Ami cause even though she has exterior beauty, HER INSIDES ARE ROTTEN. I am sure of this cause Kushieda can see inner strengths I learned that in #3. Since she mentions to defeat her inner weakness and is able to.

PROBABLY Kushieda might fix Ami in a good way but I STILL want Aisaka to KICK HER ASS!

I'm pretty sure anybody would've gotten the same idea if they watched the subs. Minori obviously knew there was something up with Ami. She knew that Ami is not what she seemed to be. You don't need some epic university level education to figure that out.
Oct 30, 2008 7:17 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:

I'm pretty sure anybody would've gotten the same idea if they watched the subs. Minori obviously knew there was something up with Ami. She knew that Ami is not what she seemed to be. You don't need some epic university level education to figure that out.

What's your point of university level? You have to think about Kushieda's pscyhology a little to figure it out you mean, there is no university level involved dear friend.
Oct 30, 2008 7:36 PM

May 2008
Davison said:

OMG

HAHAH! man I loved that part
Oct 30, 2008 7:44 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:

What's your point of university level? You have to think about Kushieda's pscyhology a little to figure it out you mean, there is no university level involved dear friend.

/me facepalms
Oct 30, 2008 7:47 PM

Sep 2007
kuroshiroi said:
I didn't get Minorin's expression, what was that all about? The only thing I could think of was that she doesn't like people that refer to themselves as air-headed but maybe she was cursing Ryuuji...?

AkariChan said:
she was faking a circle (correct/approve) and then went to a cross right after...right?

Yeah. It was kind of like, "Oh, that's so cute.... NOT!!!" except much more amazing than that.
Oct 30, 2008 8:49 PM

Mar 2008
Not a bad ep but I thought the light novel did a better job at juxtaposing Ami's two-facedness. It made me dislike Ami more than the anime has done. Also Minorin raised her hilariousness to another level. The letter, the radar and the cross bahaha so funny!
Oct 30, 2008 9:15 PM

Nov 2007
So which Fansub group is the best for this series now that [gg] dropped it?
Oct 30, 2008 9:18 PM

Jul 2008
raw. (sorry for saying bs, lol)
Coalguys are doing it - have yet to check quality :)
Oct 30, 2008 9:24 PM
Oct 30, 2008 9:24 PM

Nov 2007
The CG release was fine. As good as GG's, really. Some stuff I'd word a little differently but it's a perfectly passable fansub (which don't need to be perfect, honestly. People who rage over tiny differences can go diaf).
Oct 30, 2008 9:27 PM

Nov 2007
thanks AkariChan and Asako.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.