Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you won't watch for the stupidest reasons.

New
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2012 4:29 PM

Oct 2010
AngelKitty said:
The Haruhi Suzumiya series because I can't stand the characters.

Haruhi is just perverted, annoying, and spoiled.
Yuki is just boring in general and is really expressionless.
Mikuru is a typical, whiny anime girl who just sits around crying and blushing.

*Flame shield ready*

But... you had to watch the series to say this. I think this thread is focused on first impressions or prejudices.
Oct 10, 2012 4:46 PM

May 2012
Gintama, i feel like it doesn't have a plot, and i only like to watch anime's with a plot.
Oct 10, 2012 4:49 PM

Sep 2012
cant watch hetalia because how my country is represented
Oct 10, 2012 4:49 PM

Sep 2012
One Piece because of the art...

/ashamed

Oct 10, 2012 5:17 PM
Oct 2012
Anything made by Gainax, because I don't like prominant fanservice.
Oct 10, 2012 5:48 PM
Nov 2009
Eureka7 cause the character was a whiny kid
Gintama...err I was confused/ didn't know where it would go
Reborn! to many characters/No plot?
Medaka box the character face for the guy looks weird, the girls boobs are to big
Naruto- why does he have whiskers
Fairy Tail cause he has pink hair
I keep away from ecchi titles when the girls on the cover have cow breasts
4+ moe characters on the front without a guy
Oct 10, 2012 11:29 PM

Sep 2010
AngelKitty said:
Anime_Name said:
*Flame shield ready*

Why? You posted in a topic that says your reason for not watching an anime is stupid. So whatever reason you put in this topic will admittedly be stupid. No one is going to flame you for stupidity that you are owning up to.

This is true, but stupid reason or good reason, all the Haruhi fans start to burn my eyes out when I say ANY negative opinion about that anime.

Then again I also haven't been here very long so I dunno how defensive the fan bases are on here.

Well being defensive and begging for the worst only serves to bring out the worst in people.

Oct 11, 2012 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
Anime_Name said:
FDKirby92 said:
Gundam AGE: main pilot is a kid.

Like most other Gundam series.

I find the pilots from other series are more matured.
"Do you want to accelerate to the next level, young man?" - Kuroyukihime
Oct 11, 2012 11:29 AM
Feb 2012
Psycho Pass because it just looks too scary :s
Oct 11, 2012 11:40 AM

Jan 2011
Fate/Zero...don't like fantasy
Oct 11, 2012 12:01 PM
Apr 2009
KingLear said:
Won't watch Prince of Tennis or Kuroko no Basket, because I hate sports.

Same here.
Oct 11, 2012 12:17 PM

Aug 2012
One Piece cause I find the art craptastic.

Oct 11, 2012 1:11 PM

Sep 2010
FDKirby92 said:
Anime_Name said:
FDKirby92 said:

And? You said the AGE pilot was a kid and being a kid is true for other Gundam series too. Maturity is a completely separate thing that requires you to watch the series in order to see how mature the first(there's 3) main pilot is.

Yup, that's a stupid reason.

Oct 11, 2012 2:03 PM

Nov 2010
let me see...

ACCEL WORLD = Haruyuki("Mr.no confidence") only knows how to say: "- Kuroyukihime-sempai"

SWORD ART ONLINE = episode 14 = no sense

BLEACH = and your fullbrings...

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN = Because it is already starting to get boring watching the animated version of naruto.Compare (Raikage vs Naruto) and (Raikage vs Sasuke)

SAINT SEIYA OMEGA: They are (fuc***ing) killing the story of the knights. Souma trained with Jabu of Unicorn. OMG ...

Bakuman III - ¬¬

CANAAN - ¬¬
" Sua voz. Nao aumente sua voz, Kusosaki Ichigo...
Nao ha nada de surpreendente nisso." (Aizen Sousuke )

OWNED
Oct 11, 2012 2:13 PM

May 2012
One Piece: art/length
Sailor Moon: irritating voice acting
HeartCatch Precure: overuse of desu from mascots (Will probably finish it despite that... eventually)
Oct 11, 2012 2:22 PM

Sep 2011
pufss said:
Gintama, i feel like it doesn't have a plot, and i only like to watch anime's with a plot.
it has a plot, but it only takes hold like every 40 episodes when they want a serious action arc(theres seriosu acrs between that just not plot related), its not reason to start the show for just cause its there but there is a plot, villain, developments, actual serious things and such. its interesting but few and far between and the dramedy is still the main focus outside of it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 11, 2012 2:24 PM

Sep 2011
DearlyStars said:
One Piece: art/length
pretty much the reason i didnt start it until so late, in hindsight putting off a ongoing show because of its length is kind of a dumb thing to do as you only let things get worse with each passing week

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 11, 2012 2:26 PM

May 2012
^ Definitely true. If I know an anime is going to be long I have to start it while it's still rather early in airing, or it's just too overwhelming for me. I might attempt it eventually.
Oct 11, 2012 7:39 PM

Sep 2012
Anime_Name said:
FDKirby92 said:
Anime_Name said:
FDKirby92 said:

And? You said the AGE pilot was a kid and being a kid is true for other Gundam series too. Maturity is a completely separate thing that requires you to watch the series in order to see how mature the first(there's 3) main pilot is.

Yup, that's a stupid reason.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but the thread does say 'for the stupidest reason'. I admit that my reason behind not watching Gundam AGE is pretty stupid, that's why I posted in here. It doesn't have to be a reason that everyone has to agree on. Dx
Oct 11, 2012 8:31 PM

Nov 2011
Some of these replies, particularly the first post, had me in a fit of giggles. XD

I too wouldn't watch Clannad for the longest time because of their eyes and because I viewed it as a pretentious psuedo-harem. I watched it and all but I still stand by all those first impressions.

I refuse to watch Hitman Reborn, Zatch Bell, and Beezlebub because they have really stupid-looking baby things as main characters. The baby character in Yu Yu Hakusho also upset me and made me hate the series. I mean, real babies would be fine, but instead they'll all baby... things...

Don't ask why, I have no good reason.
AmberlehOct 11, 2012 8:37 PM
Oct 11, 2012 8:43 PM

Sep 2010
FDKirby92 said:

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but the thread does say 'for the stupidest reason'. I admit that my reason behind not watching Gundam AGE is pretty stupid, that's why I posted in here. It doesn't have to be a reason that everyone has to agree on. Dx

It has nothing to do with agreeing with the reason. Every reason placed in this thread will be stupid regardless.

Oct 11, 2012 8:51 PM

Jul 2012
TheeSnow said:
im not really sure if this is a stupid reason but school days because makoto is a complete idiot

yeah same lol
I refuse to ever watch that crap because I know what shit will happen.
Oct 11, 2012 8:59 PM

Aug 2012
Amberleh said:
Some of these replies, particularly the first post, had me in a fit of giggles. XD

I too wouldn't watch Clannad for the longest time because of their eyes and because I viewed it as a pretentious psuedo-harem. I watched it and all but I still stand by all those first impressions.

I refuse to watch Hitman Reborn, Zatch Bell, and Beezlebub because they have really stupid-looking baby things as main characters. The baby character in Yu Yu Hakusho also upset me and made me hate the series. I mean, real babies would be fine, but instead they'll all baby... things...

I didn't want to watch Beelzebub either, but I took a chance and now I love it. And Zatch Bell isn't really a baby he's like a 7 year old kid.
Oct 11, 2012 9:05 PM

Nov 2010
TheSmickey said:
Amberleh said:

I didn't want to watch Beelzebub either, but I took a chance and now I love it. And Zatch Bell isn't really a baby he's like a 7 year old kid.
And Reborn and all the other babies are in their 30s.
Oct 11, 2012 9:17 PM

Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
TheSmickey said:
Amberleh said:

And Reborn and all the other babies are in their 30s.

Like I said, baby-things. They bother me. Also baby doll things, which is what Zatch is. I won't watch Rozen Maiden for this same reason.
Oct 11, 2012 9:42 PM

Sep 2012
Anime_Name said:

It has nothing to do with agreeing with the reason. Every reason placed in this thread will be stupid regardless.

If every post in this thread is stupid, why comment on them? What's your point?
Oct 11, 2012 10:47 PM

Oct 2012
Most Romance anime since romance isn't my type of style unless if it's Romantic comedy, has action or makes a little more sense "I LOVED YOU BEFORE I MET YOU"
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Oct 14, 2012 8:45 AM

Aug 2012
haha sometimes i look at an anime and im like yeah i could watch that but i just dont like the art style of the opicture in MAL and i end up not watching it
Oct 14, 2012 8:48 AM

Sep 2009
I wouldn't watch One Piece for a long time because I thought it was about a boy who caught bugs. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD;;

Thankfully, my now-best friend made me try it and it's one of my top three anime of all time xD
Oct 14, 2012 8:48 AM

Sep 2009
I wouldn't watch One Piece for a long time because I thought it was about a boy who caught bugs. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD;;

Thankfully, my now-best friend made me try it and it's one of my top three anime of all time xD
Oct 14, 2012 8:55 AM

Sep 2010
FDKirby92 said:
Anime_Name said:

If every post in this thread is stupid, why comment on them? What's your point?

It's a forum. All I need to do is stay on topic and that is done by either posting my own opinions about the topic or by commenting on the opinions of others in a topic. Thus, I exercise my options and make a comments. As for my points. When I quote someone my point in doing so is clear and in this case it was to say that I really agreed that art being the reason to not watch a show is really stupid and could be a front runner for being the stupidest reason. Issues popup when people get that forums are used to hold conversations and begin to question me on why I post.

And there's no "If", the topic already says that the reasons posted here will be stupid ones.

Oct 15, 2012 2:28 AM

Jan 2010
Umm Clannad and Kanon because I dislike the characeter design.... I mean... their eyes are weird... :/
Oct 15, 2012 6:12 AM
Feb 2011
Tari Tari. The character design just creeps me out. Everyone's so, so thin.
Oct 15, 2012 7:23 AM
Feb 2012
Hetalia because to me it looks too mainstream. (Come and get me fanboys)
Oct 15, 2012 7:38 AM
May 2012
I wouldn't watch High School of the dead anymore because of stupid reasons.

That show didn't ended that well.

That creepy old guy should've be dead (Shidou Koichii) by then. DAMN HIM! DAMN HIM! DAMN HIM!

This is bullshit...

I'll never forget about what happened (even I couldn't care less about fan-services).
JafriZinOct 15, 2012 8:31 AM
Oct 15, 2012 10:42 AM

Feb 2010
I'll bite everything once and only once.
Oct 15, 2012 11:36 AM

Aug 2012
I dont watch shounen action, adventure animes like naruto, dragonball, fairy tale etc because all day do is trashtalk and fight and in fairy tale for example they always fight but no one has ever died. No main character or enemy.
Oct 15, 2012 11:42 AM

Sep 2012
cant watch soul eater cuz the characters look too similar XD
"Im feeling it tonight roflcopterskatesbbq"
Oct 15, 2012 12:22 PM
Feb 2012
einaaarr said:
I dont watch shounen action, adventure animes like naruto, dragonball, fairy tale etc because all day do is trashtalk and fight and in fairy tale for example they always fight but no one has ever died. No main character or enemy.

Oh jeez, I don't even think you've seen the light. Everyone dies in DBZ at some point. But ofc they have to come back.
Oct 15, 2012 12:30 PM

Sep 2007
I don't want to watch mecha shows simply because I disliked evangelion. And I also won't watch sports animes because I'm not interested in sports at all. (With the exception of one series, which was more slice of life.)
Oct 15, 2012 3:33 PM

Aug 2012
AaobaChan said:
cant watch soul eater cuz the characters look too similar XD
they look like pubescent 10 year olds.

I actually put Code Geass on 3 years hold of watching it because of their knife chins. I eventually did watch it and discover code geass is pretty dang cool
Oct 15, 2012 3:35 PM
Jul 2012
i cant watch code geass because people on this forum dont like to use spoiler tags and already spoiled the damn show for me.
Oct 15, 2012 3:43 PM

Oct 2012
I have a friend that refuses to watch any series over 40 episodes and or more than 10 years old. a ridiculous statement, for instance he watched the first season of code geas but did not finish because it would be 50+ episodes
Oct 15, 2012 3:47 PM

May 2012
One Piece - I dont like the artstyle, humor or endless array of episodes
D Grey Man - It's unfinished and only first 50 episodes are dubbed in English. (it just seems like an anime you should watch dubbed!)
Oct 15, 2012 3:51 PM

Mar 2012
I don't watch nearly all music and sports shows simply because I dislike them in real life. There are also plenty of anime I won't watch due to bad/ old art or weird character designs
Oct 16, 2012 3:22 PM

Aug 2012
IcecreamManwich said:
One Piece - I dont like the artstyle, humor or endless array of episodes
D Grey Man - It's unfinished and only first 50 episodes are dubbed in English. (it just seems like an anime you should watch dubbed!)

Are you serious? You prefer dubbed over subbed :L
Only big shounen titles usually have decent dubs although most "big" animes suck.
Oct 16, 2012 3:36 PM
Jul 2012
One Piece - Just cannot stand the animation style or character designs
Oct 16, 2012 3:51 PM

Aug 2012
Monster cause it's got 75 episodes

LoGH cause it's got 110 episodes
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Oct 20, 2012 10:03 PM
May 2012
Fairy Tail because that show is still ONGOING.
Oct 20, 2012 10:36 PM

Oct 2012
i dont watch amine if the main character has a child
RRRRRRRRRR
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 9 hours ago

14 by LNW_R92CP »»
4 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 12 minutes ago

2 by Otakupervert890 »»
9 minutes ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

39 by ryzxgum »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

161 by Otakupervert890 »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 10 hours ago

38 by InsomniacBastard »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.