Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 29, 2008 8:25 AM

Jun 2008
the voice did fit her when she was hugging Ichigo. Nell is still supposed to be childish even when she's in that form. she's only cool when she's fighting
Oct 29, 2008 8:39 AM
Dec 2007
GreenDrag said:
That voice... I see everyone is complaining, but I think it serves it's porpouse... to suprise the watcher... you know...
Whoa, now here comes a sexy voice, but no... and that's just the best...
And I think the voice is changed a bit, but it isn't that noticeable... but well, it can be only me imaging things ^^
No you didn't imagine it. Young Nel had the speech defect, and had more of a raspy sort of voice, while Mature Nel has the "loli" voice you'd associate with young Nel. So, it almost sounds like her voice went from weird-child to cute-child.

The Ichigo fight wasn't that great but there's only one thing to blame here: dumbass censorship. Seriously, where the BLOOD ! I'm not a bloodthirsty person here, but if someone is getting slammed around by a pointy weapon, you'd figured he'd be more cut up, but instead all Ichigo got was a few bruises. God, if they start shying away from seriously showing injured characters like they used to (look at the Ichigo fights from Soul Society arc), the fights will just end up looking more and more boring. And considering they're doing a good enough job at that with the constant recaps, they don't need any more factors to add to the boredom.

Oct 29, 2008 8:55 AM

Jan 2008
I haven't a more boring episode then what you say in the first half of the episode. I swear it, you can see the switch to ultra epicly boring to facking awesome at the half-episode mark!
The second half made everything cool again ;)
~de Arimasu
Oct 29, 2008 10:54 AM

Jun 2008
nice episode
i think its better that the voice stayed the same
Oct 29, 2008 11:03 AM

Mar 2008
Nel is hawt, even with the child voice. its all good :)

4/5
Oct 29, 2008 11:48 AM

Jun 2007
The beginning was so freaking annoying!
I'll protect her! *beaten*
*Nell Transforms*

The animation was also pretty bad at times. Especially when they were running towards eachother. But at least we got to see someone NEW fight for once.
Oct 29, 2008 11:50 AM

Feb 2008
this ep gets a 5/5 for the simple fact that the story is actually progressing. but i was hoping that nels voice was gonna be that "serious" tone that she has every once in a while. Like that ep when the were riding on top Bawabawa and she asked Rukia what kind of relationship they had. that was funny. plus i was hoping the animation would of been much better, like ichigo vs grimjoww or ichigo vs Ulquiorra.
Oct 29, 2008 12:31 PM

Apr 2008
i expected Nel growing up to be a lot... more. Adult Nel was boring, and not sexy. She just looks boring. I dunno, i expected more.

Also, the animation was so sub par this episode as well. No amazing transformation - just a puff of pink smoke. I'm pretty sure i saw the same "Ichigo get hit up into air" at least twice. And Nel failed to impress. Animation is getting lazy.
Oct 29, 2008 12:46 PM

Aug 2008
Nell burst! And her voice is very COOL! Hilarius!
Oct 29, 2008 1:34 PM

Jul 2008
It's a shame how they always ruin the highlights from the manga in the anime. Now again, how they kept dragging Nel's transformation out untill half the episode, and even after that not having happen much .. Was looking forward to this episode, but it was just a waste of my time again, lol.
Oct 29, 2008 2:11 PM

Aug 2007
LOL at Nel's voice xDDDDDDD
Oct 29, 2008 2:52 PM

Jun 2008
Finally we got to see Nell! yey she is so pretty :D
And her voice is just so different from what I expected, though I find it really sweet :D
Oct 29, 2008 4:44 PM

Oct 2008
Lol, i just had to go to this discussion to check out what people thought of that voice. I am glad that not everybody is like yeah that fucking rocks, because it sucked....like really sucked. Plus the animation is getting a little bit sloppy and they drag it out so much. + the next episode is gonna be a let down because of the renji/ishida fight. But after a few episodes, it is going be awesome again:D
Oct 29, 2008 6:07 PM

Oct 2007
Hopefully, they'll switch Nel's voice actress with Kaori Shimizu(Lamia Loveless, Signum). Her voice would match well with the character.
Oct 29, 2008 7:52 PM
Jun 2007
Neliel's transformation is Awesome only downside is her voice. I was expecting some Sexy voice for a hottie lol.
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2008 8:23 PM

May 2007
I agree with her voice being too high. I was expecting a sexy voice too. Either way, Nel is still awesome. I didn't expect her to be #3 at all. Looking forward to next week.
Oct 29, 2008 8:29 PM
Mar 2008
Nel woo but lol@ her voice staying the same. I hope thats not too permanent, I'm thinking its from her still being childish in the head? Well awesome ep, animation still crap though. That flash of Ishida's fight made me depressed that it even exists.
Oct 29, 2008 9:06 PM

Apr 2007
This episode made Bleach drop a score. Seriously, Nel's voice didn't change (where's the sexy voice for the awesome women?!), the fight was sloppily animated, and there wasn't enough Pesche.

...okay the last one doesn't really count, but Bleach has disappointed me once again.
Oct 29, 2008 9:36 PM

Jun 2008
I think that the only thing that kept me from giving it a 1/5 was when Tesla went flying past the screen. I bursted out laughing. SORRY TESLA I LOVE YOU BUT STILL THAT WAS JUST HILARIOUS ♥

I'm tired of the recaps at the beginning of the episodes. We get it already, you don't have to play back entire scenes from the last episode! TT_TT

I agree: WTH @ Nel's voice?! There's quite a bit of proof that you've gone through puberty of some sort, so why doesn't your voice show it?

Ichigo, I know it says so on the shampoo bottle, but please don't rinse and repeat your lines/actions. "I'LL PROTECT NEL! *goes flying* NO WAIT I'LL STILL PROTECT HER--*fwee* HOLD ON NNOITRA WE STILL NEED TO FILL UP SOME TIME FOR THE EPISO--*crashes into a rock*" It gets annoying after about the eighth time.

Also, it's REALLY starting to irk me that they're not showing wounds on the characters. I thought it was just a filler thing, so I could somewhat forgive the fact that Kira didn't bleed at ALL during the Kifune fight (the slash on the back from the assassins doesn't count, as it disappeared halfway through the battle), but did you see when Nnoitra got cut? By the next shot it was COMPLETELY GONE! This is realy irritating me now!

...Wow. I don't think I've ever sounded so displeased with an episode (excluding the end of the filler). I'm really looking forward to next week's, though, even if it doesn't seem like it. XD
Oct 30, 2008 12:02 AM

Oct 2007
lol... yeah i was kinda disappointed that they didnt change her voice.. doesnt fit for some reason... other than that episode was pretty cool... nice to have a strong ally
Oct 30, 2008 12:42 AM

Feb 2007
Momo-Hime said:
This episode made Bleach drop a score.

I was considering to do that as well.

Well, this episode wasn't a complete disappointment. Nel's voice isn't that bad, and her first fight with Nnoitra was good enough, but the first half of the episode was terrible.
Oct 30, 2008 3:05 AM

Oct 2008
The episode was ok overall. First 12 minutes (?) or so were boring as fuck, as it was Ichigo mumbling about protecting Nel, and getting instantly beaten. Just boring drama. But yeah, it was pretty sweet after Nel had transformed, as that was the thing I was looking forward to from this episode. I didn't expect her voice to be childish at all though, rather the opposite. But I don't care, it's actually pretty good like that, thinking it now.

The plot is progressing, but there's just too much filler content in each episode, thus waiting a week for 10 mins of action is agonizing. ;_;

Looks like next week will be Renji/Ishida fighting the other espada, so I'm not really expecting to see it, as that fight is pretty boring. Hopefully it'll get back to Ichigo, Nel and Inoue soon. And well, episodes should move at a faster pace. -.-

2½/5 for the episode of the week, IchigoxNel would be interesting. ;D
Oct 30, 2008 5:16 AM

Jan 2008
High said:
Wasabi said:
HER VOICE STAYS THE SAME!? What the fuck

exactly my thoughts WTF! at least a bit different but no! actually the kid form seems better now... arg!

i guess it will take time to get used to it -.-

Anyone ever seen John Goodman in "King Ralph"? That's how I felt about this episode. Hot chick with a voice that doesn't match her body. I too was expecting a new voice. You know, something that wasn't nails on a chalkboard. The moment she spoke I could no longer take the episode seriously, and just lost all interest. I didn't even care about the fight scene, which wasn't even all that impressive. I'd read the manga, and thought it'd have been more epic feeling, but it wasn't. And her "popping" when she transformed...wtf? I was expecting a little more than that.

No more backflashes. They're annoying because they choose the annoying scenes.

I've lowered my score on Bleach. It's lost it's epicness.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 30, 2008 5:23 AM

Jan 2008
GreenDrag said:
That voice... I see everyone is complaining, but I think it serves it's porpouse... to suprise the watcher... you know...
Whoa, now here comes a sexy voice, but no... and that's just the best...
And I think the voice is changed a bit, but it isn't that noticeable... but well, it can be only me imaging things ^^

No kidding surprise. I was definitely caught off guard by that. One Piece's Chopper doesn't change his voice from time-to-time, but the voice fits for all forms though. Nel's, well, it doesn't. I agree with Soulstrider. Her voice creeps me out.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 30, 2008 5:36 AM

Jun 2008
I actually like the fact that they kept Nel's voice the same, even though it seems a bit higher-pitched as an adult, why should all the women sound the same? Like some others have pointed out, my big concerns are that the pacing is terrible, the violence is toned down and the animation hasn't improved much from the filler. This episode was better, but not good enough. Seriously, Bleach is getting to be worse than Naruto at this rate.
Oct 30, 2008 7:27 AM

Jan 2008
As most have said, the voice was a real WTF moment for me.

Thinking about it, though, it works perfectly. It doesn't suit her at all, but the comedic value and also the fact that it does suit her at some moments makes up for it.

Also, I expect that it will drop in pitch a bit as we get a bit further along, but we'll see.

I've been waiting for this for ages as well, glad for it to finally happen. I'm still gonna keep watching Bleach, even if half of it is filler now...

At least it means there's less chance of another filler arc!
Though maybe that would be for the best... In fact, I think they should just take a break from broadcasting Bleach for a year or so (no filler arc either), keep making QUALITY episodes in the gap, and then continue airing again when the manga is further ahead/finished.

Bleach's success is also its downfall =P
<3
Oct 30, 2008 4:15 PM

Jan 2008
lol. good episode. it keeps me saying "why does kubo like his girls with such boobs?!?!?" he kinda ruins my picture of nerukun D=

anyways! great episode! it was like "OMG3?!?!" xD

also, byakkun!!!!

total lmao at the fact that yachiru's like everyone's best friend XD! (renji needs to join the fun too!)
Oct 30, 2008 8:20 PM

Sep 2008
WOW nel-san!!!.. is the best....

and very funny pesche...
Oct 31, 2008 10:53 AM

Apr 2008
I really liked this episode :)

WTF? I was expecting Nel to have a different voice now, it seriously surprised me. That voice just doesn't work, meh
Otherwise, I really love Neliel (even though her boobs are exaggerated), she's pretty awsome
Oct 31, 2008 3:43 PM

Jun 2008
lol voice needs to be more sexy but it was still a fine episode
Oct 31, 2008 3:50 PM

Aug 2008
like just about everyone else i immensely dislike the voice of the new Nel (not to mention the first half of the episode) but after that it got real good. i like to think that number on her back is much closer to reality than her opponent would prefer :D
Oct 31, 2008 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
amazon nel! xD her voice aside, she rawks! lol at ogling ichigo xD
Oct 31, 2008 9:09 PM

Sep 2008
I was totally blind-sided by Neliel's voice. I expected them to give her a more mature "proud" voice. And I don't think they could have made her boobs any bigger...lol. Hopefully Bleach will get a back to it's usual pace, it is starting to waste almost as much time as Naruto.
Nov 1, 2008 12:40 PM

Apr 2007
Nel wtf o.0 XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD NEEEEEEL :D

Nov 1, 2008 4:13 PM

Aug 2007
Her voice was a huge disappointment. Every time they showed her face, all I could think about was how it didn't match up.

However, with that said, now that they made Nel get serious, what I really want to see? Yachiru getting serious. A full episode on her just finally letting loose would be the ultimate win. :]
Nov 1, 2008 8:50 PM

Jun 2008
Ichigo gets the shit kicked out of him for first half of the episode, then hot Nel shows up. I'm shocked her voice stayed the same.
Nov 2, 2008 11:00 AM
Mar 2008
I think her voice is cute :3 And she's hot so pff, I forgive her. Damn she's hot. And the clothes she's wearing, not many of them left on her, eh? :P Sorta glad they don't stretch as well. I just hope she'll beat nnoitra :P
Nov 2, 2008 9:16 PM

May 2008
hirahira said:
It took some time to get used to but I don't mind the fact that they didn't change her voice because now she isn't quite as much of a Yoruichi clone. it makes her more unique

You know, I wasnt liking Nel's voice until you said that. That does make a lot of sense; I was expecting her voice to become somewhat like Yoruichis from what I read, but i gues its better this way.

Episode was way too SLLLOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW as usual. cant expect much more from the manga; they could've done all that in under 5 minutes
Nov 3, 2008 5:31 AM

Aug 2008
This ep was okay at best. To sum it up:

Ichigo fights bad guy.
Bad guy slaps Ichigo around.
Cue Inuoe yelling "Ichigo!".
Cue Nel weeping.

This repeat about 10 mins. Then there's some kind of super saiyan, some boobs appeared and you got to see the new sexy Nel swallow. No, not in that way, you pervert. Also, Nel has the same voice as my squeaky toy.
TagguNov 3, 2008 5:36 AM
Nov 5, 2008 1:39 PM

Jun 2008
it was OK i think. but nelliel wasn't OK xD her voice sucks and she isso fatty xD in manga, she was such a cutie. in anime, i didn't like neliel. and that voice was the same as nel's xD why they would use the same voice with nel's. she isn't a child anymore. that voice takes away all her attraction i think xP
Nov 11, 2008 7:46 PM
Sep 2008
I just love Nell ^^ I like her better than Orihime.
Nov 19, 2008 3:35 AM

Nov 2007
Lore17 said:
I just love Nell ^^ I like her better than Orihime.

Nell x Orihime is what I like.
Nov 30, 2008 1:44 PM

Oct 2008
Woot Nel finally transformed! I can't wait to see her centaur form. The only thing is, why the heck did her voice stay the same?! She sounds like a munchkin freak. They should have made her voice sound more...womanly i guess.
Dec 28, 2008 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
As if Nel wasn’t already awesome now she just get’s better.

Archon231 said:
Pretty good ep, for a change... still too much freakin' review.

Move over Yoruichi! Neliel is the new hottest Bleach char, that's for sure! :P

^ Couldn’t agree more.

Animyers said:

Nell x Orihime is what I like.

XD
Jan 15, 2009 5:43 PM

Oct 2008
Nel's voice definitely threw me off.

Jan 19, 2009 8:19 PM

Jun 2008
hirahira said:
It took some time to get used to but I don't mind the fact that they didn't change her voice because now she isn't quite as much of a Yoruichi clone. it makes her more unique

Yeah it does make her unique. Great episode I love how Nel is such a bad ass now also wow she used to be number three... I don't like the what's that guy's face fighting her he acts like he's all the powerful when he cracked open her head when he was at the back of her a long time ago. -_-
HEY!
May 11, 2009 11:22 PM
Jul 2008
holy crap - i knew she was gona transform but into an animal or something ~
May 16, 2009 8:20 AM

Apr 2008
Nel is awesome xD lols ~ but sadly she haven win the match yet

Jun 22, 2009 8:16 PM

Jul 2008
HER VOICE.
Jul 14, 2009 7:04 AM
Apr 2008
Wow, good episode, but Adult Nel sounds silly because she has that absurdly high child voice. Orihime's face when Nel hugged Ichigo was classic.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Yesterday, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Yesterday, 2:37 PM

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.