Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2012 1:09 PM
Apr 2012
WOW... how can they be that cheap... this is like very below average quality animation... I can see the FPS it is not even funny...1238971230947230194701239 frozen pictures feels like robots moving... and where the hell is the fight between Sasami and Rin at the end???

Yea now im kinda glad its ONLY 26 episodes.
flackOct 6, 2012 1:13 PM
Oct 6, 2012 1:48 PM

Sep 2012
The first episode was pretty good! Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Animation is not too great, but certainly not bad either. There isn't too much motion most of the time, but it's not really noticeable unless you pay attention to it.

2. Art is looking VERY pretty indeed. This in particular is a big step up from the VN.

3. Character voice acting is excellent. Riki and Sasami sound a little different, but that's to be expected, and I guess I'll get used to it quickly.

4. OP and ED were both very solid. The remixes of Little Busters! and Alicemagic both sound better than the originals IMO. Maybe they should've put a few more breakdown scenes in the OP, like the VN.

5. We get to see Masato working out!!! HELL YES!

6. Rin's fight with Sasami wasn't shown...why??? D:

All in all, it certainly does look like I can trust JB Staff so far on this one. As long as they don't pull some crazy stupid stuff, it looks like they'll do a great job.

Oh, and also:
SleepingEntityOct 6, 2012 1:55 PM
Oct 6, 2012 2:04 PM

Sep 2008
I don't like how they mix the events and crop the dialogues and crop the events (Rin pitched only 1 time, not 3 :|) and how fast is the pacing, but ALL OF MY LOVE 10/10. EVERYTHING ELSE IS PURE GOLD.
Oct 6, 2012 2:10 PM

Jan 2012
So far I think this is looking good, and personally I actually like the art, yes it could be better, but I think it suits LB well enough. And yea the pacing seems to a bit faster then what I was expecting, can't wait for next weeks episode though! (and also the subs for this weeks)
Oct 6, 2012 2:14 PM

Oct 2007
lots of still frames, bad character design and messy animation. Jup compared to clannad or anything else animated by KyoAni, this show looks rather bad. I expected more of it from the visuals... I mean it's a 2012 show right?
lifeaspectOct 6, 2012 2:19 PM
Oct 6, 2012 2:20 PM

May 2011
lifeaspect said:
lots of still frames, bad character design and messy animation. Jup compared to clannad or anything else animated by KyoAni, this show looks rather bad. I expected more of it visually for an anime which is made today.

Okay, now lets try comparing other producers to KyoAni...
I do agree that J.C. doesn't match up to their animation quality, but this is still very nice if you consider the regular standard.
Oct 6, 2012 2:26 PM

Oct 2007
kenshin_sama said:
lifeaspect said:
lots of still frames, bad character design and messy animation. Jup compared to clannad or anything else animated by KyoAni, this show looks rather bad. I expected more of it visually for an anime which is made today.

Okay, now lets try comparing other producers to KyoAni...
I do agree that J.C. doesn't match up to their animation quality, but this is still very nice if you consider the regular standard.

I can bring up Production IG, Madhouse, Shaft,A1, brains base....Really, there aren't a lot of studios these days that are worse than JC staff when it comes to animation.
Oct 6, 2012 2:30 PM

Oct 2007
mitch3315 said:
Stap-dono said:
I don't hate JC, they made some good animes. But this...

There's nothing wrong with it, it's extremely faithful to the VN, it kept all but two of the original seiyuu, it's kept the OST, but it's J.C. Staff and not KyoAni so it must suck...

saa... you already make it clear from your profile that little busters is one of your fav anime, even though only one episode aired. If there is one blind fanboy around...
Oct 6, 2012 2:33 PM

Aug 2011
lifeaspect said:
mitch3315 said:
Stap-dono said:
I don't hate JC, they made some good animes. But this...

There's nothing wrong with it, it's extremely faithful to the VN, it kept all but two of the original seiyuu, it's kept the OST, but it's J.C. Staff and not KyoAni so it must suck...

saa... you already make it clear from your profile that little busters is one of your fav anime, even though only one episode aired. If there is one blind fanboy around...

I've stated on a number of occasions that my love for Little Busters! comes directly from my love of the VN, and you know what? The first episode of the anime was faithful to the VN, if it keeps that up there is no doubt I will love the anime adaptation as well.
Oct 6, 2012 2:37 PM

Mar 2011
Too much hate for nothing i'am waiting for FMP season 3 from KyoAni but they are doing only slice of life animes,but FMP The Second Raid was badass.
Oct 6, 2012 2:38 PM
Jun 2011
Well I hope all those fans who wanted a direct adaption are happy. I played the visual novel and this anime is almost the exact thing scene for scene but with a little abridged. I was actually hoping things would be changed so people who played the visual novel wouldn't feel the repetition.

Also I feel the low budget with the sampled visual novel BGM and animation. Something about the animation seems unpolished, but then again they made this anime pretty fast from time of announcement to this day so I guess with that speed its pretty good.

Also just a little disappointed that the dialogue is almost exactly like the one in the visual novel. I was actually hoping the would change the order of everything. Except I like the foreshadowing in the very very beginning with Kysoke walking through the forest and coming upon the city lights.

Okay enough of me comparing to the visual novel. If I was a first time watcher I would have to say that the anime isn't very funny. The first episode looks like a bunch of gags strung together with a plot. It doesn't feel like a story.
Oct 6, 2012 2:41 PM

Sep 2008
Hey, guys, do you remember how Riki met Komari?
Oct 6, 2012 2:43 PM

Sep 2011
SonMati said:

Well, maybe because they're at the fast pace? What I only remember was Haruka is the first one who met Riki before Komari.

Oct 6, 2012 2:45 PM

Aug 2008
Not a bad episode 1. I enjoyed every minute of it. Art was a little bad, but it's certainly not the worst. I'm definitely looking forward to more of this. So far, it's doing good justice to the visual novel (at least imo)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 6, 2012 2:46 PM
May 2012
Really funny episode. maybe best comedy i've seen in anime lol

Very good start episode
Oct 6, 2012 2:46 PM
Jul 2011
I love it.

They kept the witticisms scene too! Pure win.
Oct 6, 2012 2:47 PM

Sep 2011
Must said i being waiting for the anime for quite some time and must said beyond that the animation is bad all the rest is pretty good.

The story its being follow exactly as the VN so far really enjoy Rin No-Con a lot,the OST is the same as the VN and it fits perfectly even that i dont like that much the OP version of "Little Busters" i prefere the original,and the VA besides Sasasasagewa Sasami different voice(will need to get custom to it) and still need to hear Mio voice all the rest is the same so its pretty nice.

So.....so far JC the first episode did a good job,and hope they keep it up beyond that they suck animation wise.

Well next episode its Komari-chan Time!!
Oct 6, 2012 2:48 PM

Apr 2010
The pacing was so bad. Animation was what i expected.

That said, as soon as I hear that OST i can't help but smile due to memories of the VN. Hopefully things look up.
Oct 6, 2012 2:48 PM

Sep 2010
I can die with smile on my face now!
Oct 6, 2012 2:50 PM

Sep 2008
Sa-chan_ said:
Well, maybe because they're at the fast pace? What I only remember was Haruka is the first one who met Riki before Komari.
Of course that's the reason :P Still too bad, I loved it.

And yes, she was. Maybe every girl will get "her" episode? It could be even nicely paced.
Oct 6, 2012 2:50 PM
Jul 2012
Am I the only one who didn't notice the animation? I don't understand how is it bad
Oct 6, 2012 2:51 PM

Jun 2007
SonMati said:

They don't have time to show every single scene.

Dec 2010
Lol, 9.23/10...

You gotta be kidding me. I thought the first episode was 7.5/10 at best.

J.C. Staff is not disappointing yet, but I'm just not that interested in it so far. Waiting for the real story to decide whether they did a good job or not.

Aug 2011
k-Tek said:
I love it.

They kept the witticisms scene too! Pure win.

Dear god yes, I was so happy they kept the witticisms scene.
Oct 6, 2012 2:52 PM

Aug 2011
JavierR said:
Am I the only one who didn't notice the animation? I don't understand how is it bad

I never pay attention to animation in anything I watch, so no, you're not alone.
Oct 6, 2012 2:53 PM

Sep 2011
JavierR said:

You're not the only one. I was only focused on how do they adapt some scenes in the VN.

Oct 6, 2012 2:56 PM

Sep 2008
EternalBliss said:
They don't have time to show every single scene.
It's not a justification, but I hope it'll be shown because it still can :3
Oct 6, 2012 2:57 PM
Jul 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
JavierR said:

You're not the only one. I was only focused on how do they adapt some scenes in the VN.

So far, they are doing a good job as of episode 1. I don't see what's so bad about the animation, I think it's just fine.
Oct 6, 2012 2:59 PM
Mar 2008
I guess it was okay, animation and story wise.
Oct 6, 2012 3:00 PM

May 2010
hmm i really liked this episode. definetly gonna keep watching.

whats with the laugh of the purple haired chick lol

"OOOOH HAHAHAHAHA OOOOOOOOOH HAHAHAH" lmao
Oct 6, 2012 3:03 PM

Jan 2012
I liked it for the most part. The pacing is a bit off and you can definitely see how they cut corners to save some money. Biggest problem was the really mediocre animation, but I can honestly live with that.

I did enjoy what I did see though and seeing the little busters antics animated gives me great joy. It was entertaining, good fun...

Now I just got to hope they don't screw up the story later down the road...
Oct 6, 2012 3:04 PM

Oct 2011
much better than I expected actually
Oct 6, 2012 3:05 PM

Aug 2011
やっとはじまったんだ!!!! 

Old memories.. flowing back.. T.T sure the animation isnt kyoani level, but in my opinion it looked better than the first clannad did.

love the foreshadowing, love the op, LOVE the ed. its gonna be hard for jc staff to mess this one up. if they keep it goin like this. easy 10/10
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Oct 6, 2012 3:06 PM

Aug 2011
OP was cute, anime was cute, characters were cute. It's definitely Key, alright. The BGM was really annoying though...
Oct 6, 2012 3:08 PM

Nov 2009
Tbh, as a fan of Key, and Key's anime adaptation which mostly came from Kyo Ani, you guys know that art/animation hold a large percentage of success in Key's adaptation. Whoever doesn't care about the artworks is lying.

Just look at this scene gave me a chill

Honestly? low budget that much? And those slide-show scenes at the beginning. J.C Staff should have dropped a portion of their projects this season if they want to animate LB!
Look at Kyo, just only a few anime each year(this year Hyouka and Chuuni --> see the differences? ), meanwhile, J.C does a few anime each season (bakuman, LB, sakuranosou pet kanojo, last season? I didn't even remember cause I don't want to). That's just too much if they want to make something good.

I know J.C staffs tried their best to adapt LB!, but the animation is nowhere, yes, nowhere near Kyo Ani. As a fan of Key's adaptation, I expect more, and I require more. If they want to make a cheap animated adaptation, they better not to do it in the first place. Not because it's J.C Staff that we have to keep our expectation low. It's fking nonsense.I blame J.C for the cheap budget!

Beside, the first episode was enjoyable cause I managed to withstand the artworks. I felt a little rushed, but it can't be helped due to the time constrained. Okay, I'm gonna stick around for several episode. Hope they won't screw anything, beside the artworks which have already been screwed.
Oct 6, 2012 3:11 PM

Nov 2007
Finally LB! is here! It has been in my wishlist even before there was any hope for an anime adaptation! Nagai Nagai wait is over!

While I would have loved to see Kyoto Animation doing the animation part, J.C. Staff actually did pretty decent job on this. :)

Can't wait to see the next episode! Key ♥ is back!

5/5 already for the first episode!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 6, 2012 3:12 PM

Jan 2010
I guess people were expecting too much about the animation, as if it was made by KyoAni or something, as if it was the best anime ever.
It's definitely not exceptional, but it really didn't disturb me at all.

I know i'm biased since I've played the game, but it was a good introductory episode : the bond between the Little Busters, Masato's idiocy, and all the characters, and so on.

The only thing that bothered me was how the episode was filled with music, and not really organized well. As thought they just threw in every OST the game had.
May 2012
i was smiling through the entire episode,
hearing all the OSTs from the VN i was just reminiscent of playing the game, pure win...
i actually like the animation ...
RaphowOct 6, 2012 3:17 PM

Aug 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
Tbh, as a fan of Key, and Key's anime adaptation which mostly came from Kyo Ani, you guys know that art/animation hold a large percentage of success in Key's adaptation. Whoever doesn't care about the artworks is lie.

No, more Key works have been animated by studios who aren't KyoAni then those that have.

Toei's adaptations of Clannad, Air and Kanon
P.A. Works with Angel Beats
J.C. Staff with Little Busters

While KyoAni has their adaptations of Clannad, Air andKanon.

That's 5:3.
Oct 6, 2012 3:16 PM

Nov 2009
mitch3315 said:

Angel beats! animation was way, way better than LB!
Takana_no_HanaOct 6, 2012 3:21 PM
Oct 6, 2012 3:16 PM

Oct 2007
mitch3315 said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Tbh, as a fan of Key, and Key's anime adaptation which mostly came from Kyo Ani, you guys know that art/animation hold a large percentage of success in Key's adaptation. Whoever doesn't care about the artworks is lie.

No, more Key works have been animated by studios who aren't KyoAni then those that have.

And all of those were horrible besides angel beats which isn't really a KEY work, a studio is more than its writer...
Oct 6, 2012 3:17 PM

Nov 2011
AWESOME! LB animated, yesss! Woohoo!

May 2010
Looks like the best anime this year for me :D~!
I loved EVERYTHING. How they did most of the story, many funny scenes, nice artwork, my two favourite songs from the game, original soundtrack... Perfect! Riki's voice is meh, pretty okay, I love Yui Horie but not sure about her voicing a boy. Sasami's seiyuu wasn't that bad either, but I still hear her game voice ;)
Things I didn't like - scenes in opening (yep, I'd like those to be a bit more spoilerish, something like in Clannad) and kinda boring ending. Animation wasn't that good as well, but I love charadesign - Masato is now a 100% bishounen! Riki looks better as well.
Yeah, already favourite anime of the year. Well, not surprising since I was waiting for this for about 2-2,5 years ;_; So happy to see it, really!
akutasame94 said:
Anyway where are Mitch and Leon. Along with me they are the biggest LB fans here...

How even dare you! :D
And am I only one who haven't seen Saya in opening? I was expecting her to be there, even if only her head, hair, or something.
Ps. RIN IS MY WAIFU

Nov 2007
mitch3315 said:

Toei's adaptations were close to being terrible.
P.A. Works did a great job though, and if I recall correctly, the animation was as good as those of KyoAni's.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Have not played the VN but have heard a lot of good impressions of it so I had GREAT expectations anddddd I'm awesomely glad to say that I was not let down (which is mostly rare these days). I laughed right from the start and it kept me throughout the episode. It reminded me strongly of Clannad's funny moments and it felt like Fuuko was there xD I'll be expecting even more from now on :D

CAT ATK FTW!
Oct 6, 2012 3:20 PM

Apr 2010
The pacing was a bit fast, the animation was pretty meh. Other than that, it's a near perfect adaptation.

I have no complaints for now.
Oct 6, 2012 3:21 PM

Nov 2009
mitch3315 said:

And btw, it's just Jun Maeda who wrote the script for AB! and AB! hasn't become a VN yet to be called an official adaptation from Key.

shanimebib said:

P.A. Works did a great job though, and if I recall correctly, the animation was as good as those of KyoAni's.

Exactly what I said.

Takana_no_Hana said:

Angel beats! animation was way, way better than LB!
Takana_no_HanaOct 6, 2012 3:25 PM
Oct 6, 2012 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
straighhhhtttttt from the visual novel. aha. really loved the episode, cant wait for the next one. the op and ending was cute, couldnt stop smiling all through the ep.
loved it ♥ :3

Oct 6, 2012 3:25 PM

Aug 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:

Just look at this scene gave me a chill

ok yea dat picture kinda annoyed me
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Oct 6, 2012 3:28 PM

Jul 2009
i still wish kyoani did this. the animation just isnt kyani level
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.