3 out of 5: It was OK

6 46.15%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 7.69%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 13

Oct 4, 2012 1:13 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What a terrible ending to a great manga... I would give it a 6/10.

Chapter 20 is when the story went downhill (when we learn of the real demon king). They should've have just stuck with Sheila and the copy...

Oct 18, 2012 6:45 PM

Agreed. That was a pretty bad time to add a plot twist with little room for development. Suffice to say, I was hoping there would be more development between Exa and Sheila, but that never really happened.

Nov 6, 2012 10:09 PM

makezh22 said:
Agreed. That was a pretty bad time to add a plot twist with little room for development. Suffice to say, I was hoping there would be more development between Exa and Sheila, but that never really happened.

That ultimately made this manga bad.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Oct 2, 2013 1:12 PM

So the things between Angelica and Lakshri were getting better after Clive arc but Shotgun wedding ...
The plot of the Second"Copy" becoming a real demon lord wasn't a bad idea but it was just way to rushed.
I liked the ending, though. Overall good manga but the prequel was better.

Oct 5, 2013 8:36 PM

Welll, I didn't like how they pulled 'demon lords' one after the other.
Was also expecting development on Exa and Sheila.
I also didn't like how Exa had to wait for 4 years for Sheila, they should of just let Sheila and Exa escape and made the last chapter full of love, love and love.

Oct 22, 2013 10:59 PM

At least this was better than its prequel. The plot process was a lot more smooth and contained an exceptable amount of character development. I may not have liked how the plot progressed, but at least it wasn't a mess like the prequel. I wish there was more romance. There was basically no romantic development other than the kiss towards the end. The last few pages shows that their relationship was pretty much back to normal. It's a shame; could have been much better. 6/10
Modified by MastaJ, Oct 22, 2013 11:03 PM
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."

Feb 3, 2014 9:34 PM

Reread this whole series two years after I had originally read it. The second time around, the storyline is much clearer and the plot twists aren't quite as baffling.

In retrospect, this manga is really perfect for rereading because the story does not dwell on itself for too long. The lengthiest arc is clearly the Lakshri-Clive arc, and this was the only segment of the manga that felt a bit long-winded. Another fault was that it felt as if Sheila's character was subject to fluctuations that ultimately affected the lack of romantic development. Finally, the overly optimistic depiction of the ending is somewhat awkward (especially Rossi's father's miraculous epiphany and transformation) when placed in context with the constant death and chaos of the human-monster conflict.

Overall, I still give the manga series as a whole a 9/10, with Superior Cross as a 8/10. If the ending had been more substantial, I would've certainly raised the rating a bit but, as it stands, the ending is a bit lackluster and is quite unsatisfying.

Jan 15, 2015 12:19 AM

Wow, that ending felt rushed and predictable. I really wish they actually focused on the relationship between Exa and Sheila since it's a major part of the series. It should of been done to show how a relationship between demons/humans could work out since it's even mentioned in the finale about a world or at least chance for the two races to co-exist. Sigh. Action wasn't good as the prequel either. 6/10.

Jan 15, 2015 2:30 AM
so angelica and rakshiel got married huh.....and who's the kid? angela and rakshiels child? nooooo waaaay

a bit too rushed i presume. scenes between sheila and exa werent enough tbh.
Modified by SKYflare, Jan 15, 2015 2:40 AM

Jul 30, 2015 3:17 PM

This series really lacking some Sheila x Exa moments. This could have been better if the story just focus more on them. Well the author (s) concentrated on making some cheesy and gay moments.
Of course all the characters should have some shit backstory and makes it all the characters a one dimensionall. But after some cheesy moment their personality turned 360º.

I still don't see the point Exa being a hero. He's not even powerful or has special abilities. His ideal was hypocrisy and Rurouni Kenshin rip off .

3.5/10

Jun 28, 2017 9:40 AM
While the ending felt rushed, I am satisfied with it. We got to see their touching reunion and all and above all a drastic change in Sheila's character than when she was in the beginning. I am happy I came across and read this manga.

Jan 13, 2019 5:45 PM

Very rushed ending to an overall good series.

I never liked where the couple has to wait after a long time skip to be reunited and when they did reunite here, Exa and Sheila had no romantic moments, just a comedy routine.wtf?

Also, that wedding was ehh, idk how to feel about it. It felt off, especially with Raksh still chasing other women. How the hell did Angelica end up marrying him?

Terrible chapter

Nov 17, 2020 10:38 AM
man i wanted more but wow what a journey..cutting through space and all that ridiculous stuff somehow reminded me of nisio isin