Forum Settings
Forums
Sep 30, 2012 10:33 AM

So I just found out I might move to Japan next year.
I've been there before and streamed anime on Animeultima.tv

I just wanted to ask: Is it OK to stream anime on websites lik Animeultima.tv if you live in Japan?

Not DLing Anime, just streaming it online.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 30, 2012 10:35 AM

Kurimu-chan said:

I just wanted to ask: Is it OK to stream anime on websites lik Animeultima.tv if you live in Japan?

Streaming is ok but if you DL, whatever you do, do not use torrents or you'll be sent to prison.

Sep 30, 2012 10:40 AM

Hoppy said:
Kurimu-chan said:

Streaming is ok but if you DL, whatever you do, do not use torrents or you'll be sent to prison.

Ok Thanks! (:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 30, 2012 10:43 AM

You could just turn on the TV.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした

Sep 30, 2012 10:49 AM

shairn said:

Yea, but there are factors to consider, most importantly the timing issues (:

Sep 30, 2012 10:51 AM

Pretty much what Hoppy said.

Sep 30, 2012 11:33 AM

If I moved to Japan, I'd either just watch anime on TV or buy the Blurays myself.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.

Sep 30, 2012 11:34 AM

can't you just tivo tv shows or something
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Sep 30, 2012 11:34 AM
guyklc said:
If I moved to Japan, I'd either just watch anime on TV or buy the Blurays myself.

This

Sep 30, 2012 11:54 AM

guyklc said:

those blurays are so damn expensive over there. o.o

Sep 30, 2012 12:02 PM
stay in america u get free subbed anime

Sep 30, 2012 1:43 PM

Hoppy said:
Prison in japan? How bad can that be?

Sep 30, 2012 1:55 PM
Silverstorm said:
Hoppy said:

Contrary to popular belief, Japanese prisons are not filled with dojikko moe prison guard girls or a tsundere dominatrix warden lady.

Sep 30, 2012 2:05 PM

hentai_proxy said:
Silverstorm said:
Hoppy said:

Contrary to popular belief, Japanese prisons are not filled with dojikko moe prison guard girls or a tsundere dominatrix warden lady.

I was hoping I'd somehow be able to go to an all girl's prison that just recently became co-ed and I'd be the first male prisoner to be sent there.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Sep 30, 2012 2:07 PM
hentai_proxy said:
Silverstorm said:
Hoppy said:

...well shit

Sep 30, 2012 2:12 PM

I was thinking along the lines of rape >.>

Pretty sure the OP has more of a fighting chance than say San Quentin or Lgov...

Sep 30, 2012 2:12 PM

Haha, im sorry but these commemnts r funny!
Anyways, id just download like usual, i always diwnload my anime, nvr stream, nvr torrent

Sep 30, 2012 2:15 PM

GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:

This

Have fun having no money. Buying anime is super expensive. A single anime series can cost hundreds of dollars.

You can torrent and get away with it in Japan, but you have to watch your upload speed VERY carefully. My friend nearly got her internet cut off because she uploaded too much.

Sep 30, 2012 2:32 PM

feder said:
GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:

This

Have fun having no money. Buying anime is super expensive. A single anime series can cost hundreds of dollars.

You can torrent and get away with it in Japan, but you have to watch your upload speed VERY carefully. My friend nearly got her internet cut off because she uploaded too much.

Depends on the internet provider really. Some really don't care, while some can be quite strict.

In general, you might get into trouble if you upload lots of stuff frequently on Share, but other than that you should be safe. I've torrented so much, and never even got a warning from my ISP.
Even though downloading is illegal with quite high fines and even possible prison time from today, it should not be a problem.

Other than that I'd always encourage watching it on TV or buying the bds (even though it's expensive as people have mentioned). Buying second hand is also an alternative. Or just going to tsutaya and rent whatever you want to watch.
But nothing beats watching it live, and then joining the fun on 2ch. :P

Oct 1, 2012 2:00 AM

Silverstorm said:
Hoppy said:

This.
http://torrentfreak.com/anti-downloading-law-hits-japan-up-to-2-years-in-prison-from-today-121001/

Oct 1, 2012 2:18 AM
TrOjAnHoRsE said:
Silverstorm said:
Hoppy said:

This.
http://torrentfreak.com/anti-downloading-law-hits-japan-up-to-2-years-in-prison-from-today-121001/

so it begins

The download portion of the law comes into effect in October, whilst the ripping ban is due in January.
source: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/06/27/anonymous-declares-war-on-japan-over-illegal-downloads/

if this law became stricly implemented then say good bye to most fansubs and that fansubs will go underground again

Oct 1, 2012 2:25 AM

GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:

This

^^^

I mean it is cheaper there, you can also get manga which is really cheap. You actually have anime TV (which I checked out with one program and it was awesome). Also all those fun things to do. I even think I might stop watching anime if I go to Japan. There are so many other cool things to do. Although I would not stop reading manga XD

Oct 2, 2012 8:51 AM

akutasame94 said:
GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:

This

^^^

I mean it is cheaper there, you can also get manga which is really cheap. You actually have anime TV (which I checked out with one program and it was awesome). Also all those fun things to do. I even think I might stop watching anime if I go to Japan. There are so many other cool things to do. Although I would not stop reading manga XD

Yea, buuuut, do you think I would be able to understand Anime with complex theories and words such as, say, Steins;Gate? Doubt I'd be able to follow the story without subs (: Plus, I'd be broke buying the DVDs / BluRays and would have to wait for them without knowing if what I'm buying is good D:

Anyway, guys, I'm concerned about this:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-01/japan-law-penalizing-downloaders-criminalizing-ripping-goes-into-effect

Streaming on Animeultima.tv in Japan still ok?

Oct 2, 2012 9:15 AM

j0x said:
TrOjAnHoRsE said:
Silverstorm said:
Hoppy said:

This.

so it begins

The download portion of the law comes into effect in October, whilst the ripping ban is due in January.
source: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/06/27/anonymous-declares-war-on-japan-over-illegal-downloads/

if this law became stricly implemented then say good bye to most fansubs and that fansubs will go underground again

Well if fansubs go underground you just have to go with them :P

Oct 2, 2012 12:54 PM

Kurimu-chan said:
akutasame94 said:
GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:

This

^^^

Yea, buuuut, do you think I would be able to understand Anime with complex theories and words such as, say, Steins;Gate? Doubt I'd be able to follow the story without subs (: Plus, I'd be broke buying the DVDs / BluRays and would have to wait for them without knowing if what I'm buying is good D:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-01/japan-law-penalizing-downloaders-criminalizing-ripping-goes-into-effect

Well I don't watch those xD But also, if someone plans on going to Japan, shouldn't that person at least learn the language? I know I started and it's not that hard. It can be mastered in a year (at least to understand it, writing is a little harder)

Oct 2, 2012 1:16 PM

Kurimu-chan said:

You're kind of in trouble if you're living in japan and aren't fluent in Japanese. Besides, you can look up words you don't know.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした

Oct 2, 2012 8:40 PM

shairn said:
Kurimu-chan said:

You're kind of in trouble if you're living in japan and aren't fluent in Japanese. Besides, you can look up words you don't know.

It's ok, I've lived there before and my dad is living there (: I do know the language, but definitely not fluently to the extent that I would understand Steins;Gate. Besides, I have about a year left so I'm going to have time to practice, and, again, it's not 100% sure that I'm moving next year anyway

Oct 2, 2012 8:42 PM

akutasame94 said:
Kurimu-chan said:
akutasame94 said:
GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:

This

^^^

Well I don't watch those xD But also, if someone plans on going to Japan, shouldn't that person at least learn the language? I know I started and it's not that hard. It can be mastered in a year (at least to understand it, writing is a little harder)

I do understand Japanese, no worries, but I still prefer watching Anime on a website that releases quickly without the need to DL anything. It's just that aspect that's worrying me about streaming Anime in Japan. As for writing, I know Hiragana and Katakana and some Kanji, so I'm good there and still learning more Kanji.

Anyway, not wanting to speak about my Japanese proficiency skills, can anyone help answer my problem since the new law that appeared a couple of days ago?

Oct 2, 2012 8:55 PM

Sounds like so much of a hassle to watch anime in japan lol
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site

Oct 2, 2012 9:25 PM

xxangelchanxx said:

Why ? you can watch in TV for free just learn Japanese and BD or dvd you can borrow from rental shops or friends or some kind people.

Oct 2, 2012 9:25 PM

I don't think it should be THAT bad. There were filesharing programs that Japanese people used and there probably still are now. People in all countries get arrested if they get caught but that doesn't mean the whole country does.

But that's just my thoughts/experiences on it since I don't really have that much info. And I thought you can't be caught streaming since no private information is released/visible?

Oct 2, 2012 10:08 PM

Hoppy said:

streaming IS downloading

Oct 2, 2012 10:12 PM

jkun said:
Hoppy said:

streaming IS downloading

Hoppy said:

whatever you do, do not use torrents

Oct 3, 2012 3:12 AM

Kurimu-chan said:
akutasame94 said:
Kurimu-chan said:
akutasame94 said:
GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:

This

^^^

I do understand Japanese, no worries, but I still prefer watching Anime on a website that releases quickly without the need to DL anything. It's just that aspect that's worrying me about streaming Anime in Japan. As for writing, I know Hiragana and Katakana and some Kanji, so I'm good there and still learning more Kanji.

Anyway, not wanting to speak about my Japanese proficiency skills, can anyone help answer my problem since the new law that appeared a couple of days ago?

He why you not want talk about your skills? XD

Joking aside... I do know the same and as of yesterday I am sure I know about 350 kanji :D I am actually learning to write first, I always liked learning hard pars first.

As for your question. Just use streaming sites you used up until now.

Oct 3, 2012 2:34 PM

TrOjAnHoRsE said:
xxangelchanxx said:

Why ? you can watch in TV for free just learn Japanese and BD or dvd you can borrow from rental shops or friends or some kind people.

If you don't know japanese though then what?
And Watching anime on tv is gay,what if you miss your episode?
And BD's are insanely expensive.

Its all just easier to torrent lul
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site

Oct 3, 2012 2:50 PM
xxangelchanxx said:
TrOjAnHoRsE said:
xxangelchanxx said:

tv is censored as well, here in good ol usa you can torrent free uncensored anime

Oct 3, 2012 10:57 PM

Odd. I lived in Japan for 4 years. I downloaded torrents from Bakabt weekly. I don't recall going to jail. Hmm...
A Sword that can cut anything is not a sword.
A Sword that can cut nothing can cut anything.

Oct 4, 2012 12:12 AM

Why not watch it on TV? and if you miss an episode, then you can stream it. If you're in Japan, I'm pretty sure finding anime wouldn't be hard.

I wonder...... are Japanese highschools correctly portrayed in anime?

Oct 4, 2012 4:49 AM
shairn said:

Yes , this is the best option to choose in spite of other , i highly recommend you this.

Oct 4, 2012 6:56 AM

People saying to turn on the TV: I won't have 24/7 time to do that, and I doubt I'm even going to have my own TV the first couple of months I'm there- and if I do, it's going to be.. bad.. I'm on a budget x) Plus I will be busy with life and need to watch on my own free time :D

Another alternative is Crunchyroll, although I don't particularly like that site at all..

Oct 4, 2012 7:05 AM
otaking
JavierR said:
xxangelchanxx said:
TrOjAnHoRsE said:
xxangelchanxx said:

tv is censored as well, here in good ol usa you can torrent free uncensored anime

uhf anime and animax reruns re uncensored
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Oct 4, 2012 9:15 AM

Kurimu-chan said:
Another alternative is Crunchyroll, although I don't particularly like that site at all..

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT.
While Crunchyroll plays in many countries, none of its animes can stream in Japan (i think only the korean dramas can).

Oct 4, 2012 9:30 AM

Maora said:
Kurimu-chan said:

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT.
While Crunchyroll plays in many countries, none of its animes can stream in Japan (i think only the korean dramas can).

Sadness:(