Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Sep 30, 2012 10:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 614
So I just found out I might move to Japan next year.
I've been there before and streamed anime on Animeultima.tv

I just wanted to ask: Is it OK to stream anime on websites lik Animeultima.tv if you live in Japan?

Not DLing Anime, just streaming it online.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#2
Sep 30, 2012 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 25584
Kurimu-chan said:
So I just found out I might move to Japan next year.
I've been there before and streamed anime on Animeultima.tv

I just wanted to ask: Is it OK to stream anime on websites lik Animeultima.tv if you live in Japan?

Not DLing Anime, just streaming it online.



Streaming is ok but if you DL, whatever you do, do not use torrents or you'll be sent to prison.


 
#3
Sep 30, 2012 10:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 614
Hoppy said:
Kurimu-chan said:
So I just found out I might move to Japan next year.
I've been there before and streamed anime on Animeultima.tv

I just wanted to ask: Is it OK to stream anime on websites lik Animeultima.tv if you live in Japan?

Not DLing Anime, just streaming it online.



Streaming is ok but if you DL, whatever you do, do not use torrents or you'll be sent to prison.


Ok Thanks! (:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#4
Sep 30, 2012 10:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 899
You could just turn on the TV.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
 
#5
Sep 30, 2012 10:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 614
shairn said:
You could just turn on the TV.


Yea, but there are factors to consider, most importantly the timing issues (:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#6
Sep 30, 2012 10:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 722
Pretty much what Hoppy said.
 
#7
Sep 30, 2012 11:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1981
If I moved to Japan, I'd either just watch anime on TV or buy the Blurays myself.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
 
#8
Sep 30, 2012 11:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1852
can't you just tivo tv shows or something
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

 
#9
Sep 30, 2012 11:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 9415
guyklc said:
If I moved to Japan, I'd either just watch anime on TV or buy the Blurays myself.

This
 
Sep 30, 2012 11:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1852
guyklc said:
If I moved to Japan, I'd either just watch anime on TV or buy the Blurays myself.


those blurays are so damn expensive over there. o.o

 
Sep 30, 2012 12:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 4831
stay in america u get free subbed anime
 
Sep 30, 2012 1:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3119
Hoppy said:
Streaming is ok but if you DL, whatever you do, do not use torrents or you'll be sent to prison.
Prison in japan? How bad can that be?
 
Sep 30, 2012 1:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2272
Silverstorm said:
Hoppy said:
Streaming is ok but if you DL, whatever you do, do not use torrents or you'll be sent to prison.
Prison in japan? How bad can that be?


Contrary to popular belief, Japanese prisons are not filled with dojikko moe prison guard girls or a tsundere dominatrix warden lady.
 
Sep 30, 2012 2:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 4922
hentai_proxy said:
Silverstorm said:
Hoppy said:
Streaming is ok but if you DL, whatever you do, do not use torrents or you'll be sent to prison.
Prison in japan? How bad can that be?


Contrary to popular belief, Japanese prisons are not filled with dojikko moe prison guard girls or a tsundere dominatrix warden lady.


I was hoping I'd somehow be able to go to an all girl's prison that just recently became co-ed and I'd be the first male prisoner to be sent there.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
 
Sep 30, 2012 2:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3466
hentai_proxy said:
Silverstorm said:
Hoppy said:
Streaming is ok but if you DL, whatever you do, do not use torrents or you'll be sent to prison.
Prison in japan? How bad can that be?


Contrary to popular belief, Japanese prisons are not filled with dojikko moe prison guard girls or a tsundere dominatrix warden lady.
...well shit
 
Sep 30, 2012 2:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3119
I was thinking along the lines of rape >.>

Pretty sure the OP has more of a fighting chance than say San Quentin or Lgov...
 
Sep 30, 2012 2:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 321
Haha, im sorry but these commemnts r funny!
Anyways, id just download like usual, i always diwnload my anime, nvr stream, nvr torrent
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Sep 30, 2012 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2822
GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:
If I moved to Japan, I'd either just watch anime on TV or buy the Blurays myself.

This

Have fun having no money. Buying anime is super expensive. A single anime series can cost hundreds of dollars.

You can torrent and get away with it in Japan, but you have to watch your upload speed VERY carefully. My friend nearly got her internet cut off because she uploaded too much.
 
Sep 30, 2012 2:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1191
feder said:
GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:
If I moved to Japan, I'd either just watch anime on TV or buy the Blurays myself.

This

Have fun having no money. Buying anime is super expensive. A single anime series can cost hundreds of dollars.

You can torrent and get away with it in Japan, but you have to watch your upload speed VERY carefully. My friend nearly got her internet cut off because she uploaded too much.


Depends on the internet provider really. Some really don't care, while some can be quite strict.

In general, you might get into trouble if you upload lots of stuff frequently on Share, but other than that you should be safe. I've torrented so much, and never even got a warning from my ISP.
Even though downloading is illegal with quite high fines and even possible prison time from today, it should not be a problem.


Other than that I'd always encourage watching it on TV or buying the bds (even though it's expensive as people have mentioned). Buying second hand is also an alternative. Or just going to tsutaya and rent whatever you want to watch.
But nothing beats watching it live, and then joining the fun on 2ch. :P
 
Oct 1, 2012 2:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 2463
Silverstorm said:
Hoppy said:
Streaming is ok but if you DL, whatever you do, do not use torrents or you'll be sent to prison.
Prison in japan? How bad can that be?


This.
http://torrentfreak.com/anti-downloading-law-hits-japan-up-to-2-years-in-prison-from-today-121001/
 
Oct 1, 2012 2:18 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 51935
TrOjAnHoRsE said:
Silverstorm said:
Hoppy said:
Streaming is ok but if you DL, whatever you do, do not use torrents or you'll be sent to prison.
Prison in japan? How bad can that be?


This.
http://torrentfreak.com/anti-downloading-law-hits-japan-up-to-2-years-in-prison-from-today-121001/


so it begins


The download portion of the law comes into effect in October, whilst the ripping ban is due in January.
source: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/06/27/anonymous-declares-war-on-japan-over-illegal-downloads/


if this law became stricly implemented then say good bye to most fansubs and that fansubs will go underground again
 
Oct 1, 2012 2:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1763
GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:
If I moved to Japan, I'd either just watch anime on TV or buy the Blurays myself.

This


^^^

I mean it is cheaper there, you can also get manga which is really cheap. You actually have anime TV (which I checked out with one program and it was awesome). Also all those fun things to do. I even think I might stop watching anime if I go to Japan. There are so many other cool things to do. Although I would not stop reading manga XD
 
Oct 2, 2012 8:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 614
akutasame94 said:
GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:
If I moved to Japan, I'd either just watch anime on TV or buy the Blurays myself.

This


^^^

I mean it is cheaper there, you can also get manga which is really cheap. You actually have anime TV (which I checked out with one program and it was awesome). Also all those fun things to do. I even think I might stop watching anime if I go to Japan. There are so many other cool things to do. Although I would not stop reading manga XD


Yea, buuuut, do you think I would be able to understand Anime with complex theories and words such as, say, Steins;Gate? Doubt I'd be able to follow the story without subs (: Plus, I'd be broke buying the DVDs / BluRays and would have to wait for them without knowing if what I'm buying is good D:

Anyway, guys, I'm concerned about this:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-01/japan-law-penalizing-downloaders-criminalizing-ripping-goes-into-effect


Streaming on Animeultima.tv in Japan still ok?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 2, 2012 9:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1571
j0x said:
TrOjAnHoRsE said:
Silverstorm said:
Hoppy said:
Streaming is ok but if you DL, whatever you do, do not use torrents or you'll be sent to prison.
Prison in japan? How bad can that be?


This.
http://torrentfreak.com/anti-downloading-law-hits-japan-up-to-2-years-in-prison-from-today-121001/


so it begins


The download portion of the law comes into effect in October, whilst the ripping ban is due in January.
source: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/06/27/anonymous-declares-war-on-japan-over-illegal-downloads/


if this law became stricly implemented then say good bye to most fansubs and that fansubs will go underground again


Well if fansubs go underground you just have to go with them :P
 
Oct 2, 2012 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1763
Kurimu-chan said:
akutasame94 said:
GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:
If I moved to Japan, I'd either just watch anime on TV or buy the Blurays myself.

This


^^^

I mean it is cheaper there, you can also get manga which is really cheap. You actually have anime TV (which I checked out with one program and it was awesome). Also all those fun things to do. I even think I might stop watching anime if I go to Japan. There are so many other cool things to do. Although I would not stop reading manga XD


Yea, buuuut, do you think I would be able to understand Anime with complex theories and words such as, say, Steins;Gate? Doubt I'd be able to follow the story without subs (: Plus, I'd be broke buying the DVDs / BluRays and would have to wait for them without knowing if what I'm buying is good D:

Anyway, guys, I'm concerned about this:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-01/japan-law-penalizing-downloaders-criminalizing-ripping-goes-into-effect


Streaming on Animeultima.tv in Japan still ok?


Well I don't watch those xD But also, if someone plans on going to Japan, shouldn't that person at least learn the language? I know I started and it's not that hard. It can be mastered in a year (at least to understand it, writing is a little harder)
 
Oct 2, 2012 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 899
Kurimu-chan said:

Yea, buuuut, do you think I would be able to understand Anime with complex theories and words such as, say, Steins;Gate? Doubt I'd be able to follow the story without subs (: Plus, I'd be broke buying the DVDs / BluRays and would have to wait for them without knowing if what I'm buying is good D:
You're kind of in trouble if you're living in japan and aren't fluent in Japanese. Besides, you can look up words you don't know.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
 
Oct 2, 2012 8:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 614
shairn said:
Kurimu-chan said:

Yea, buuuut, do you think I would be able to understand Anime with complex theories and words such as, say, Steins;Gate? Doubt I'd be able to follow the story without subs (: Plus, I'd be broke buying the DVDs / BluRays and would have to wait for them without knowing if what I'm buying is good D:
You're kind of in trouble if you're living in japan and aren't fluent in Japanese. Besides, you can look up words you don't know.


It's ok, I've lived there before and my dad is living there (: I do know the language, but definitely not fluently to the extent that I would understand Steins;Gate. Besides, I have about a year left so I'm going to have time to practice, and, again, it's not 100% sure that I'm moving next year anyway
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 2, 2012 8:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 614
akutasame94 said:
Kurimu-chan said:
akutasame94 said:
GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:
If I moved to Japan, I'd either just watch anime on TV or buy the Blurays myself.

This


^^^

I mean it is cheaper there, you can also get manga which is really cheap. You actually have anime TV (which I checked out with one program and it was awesome). Also all those fun things to do. I even think I might stop watching anime if I go to Japan. There are so many other cool things to do. Although I would not stop reading manga XD


Yea, buuuut, do you think I would be able to understand Anime with complex theories and words such as, say, Steins;Gate? Doubt I'd be able to follow the story without subs (: Plus, I'd be broke buying the DVDs / BluRays and would have to wait for them without knowing if what I'm buying is good D:

Anyway, guys, I'm concerned about this:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-01/japan-law-penalizing-downloaders-criminalizing-ripping-goes-into-effect


Streaming on Animeultima.tv in Japan still ok?


Well I don't watch those xD But also, if someone plans on going to Japan, shouldn't that person at least learn the language? I know I started and it's not that hard. It can be mastered in a year (at least to understand it, writing is a little harder)


I do understand Japanese, no worries, but I still prefer watching Anime on a website that releases quickly without the need to DL anything. It's just that aspect that's worrying me about streaming Anime in Japan. As for writing, I know Hiragana and Katakana and some Kanji, so I'm good there and still learning more Kanji.

Anyway, not wanting to speak about my Japanese proficiency skills, can anyone help answer my problem since the new law that appeared a couple of days ago?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 2, 2012 8:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1690
Sounds like so much of a hassle to watch anime in japan lol
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
 
Oct 2, 2012 9:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 2463
xxangelchanxx said:
Sounds like so much of a hassle to watch anime in japan lol


Why ? you can watch in TV for free just learn Japanese and BD or dvd you can borrow from rental shops or friends or some kind people.
 
Oct 2, 2012 9:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 826
I don't think it should be THAT bad. There were filesharing programs that Japanese people used and there probably still are now. People in all countries get arrested if they get caught but that doesn't mean the whole country does.

But that's just my thoughts/experiences on it since I don't really have that much info. And I thought you can't be caught streaming since no private information is released/visible?
 
Oct 2, 2012 10:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 408
Hoppy said:
Streaming is ok but if you DL, whatever you do, do not use torrents or you'll be sent to prison.


streaming IS downloading
 
Oct 2, 2012 10:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3121
jkun said:
Hoppy said:
Streaming is ok but if you DL, whatever you do, do not use torrents or you'll be sent to prison.


streaming IS downloading

Hoppy said:

whatever you do, do not use torrents
 
Oct 3, 2012 3:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1763
Kurimu-chan said:
akutasame94 said:
Kurimu-chan said:
akutasame94 said:
GoldenBRS said:
guyklc said:
If I moved to Japan, I'd either just watch anime on TV or buy the Blurays myself.

This


^^^

I mean it is cheaper there, you can also get manga which is really cheap. You actually have anime TV (which I checked out with one program and it was awesome). Also all those fun things to do. I even think I might stop watching anime if I go to Japan. There are so many other cool things to do. Although I would not stop reading manga XD


Yea, buuuut, do you think I would be able to understand Anime with complex theories and words such as, say, Steins;Gate? Doubt I'd be able to follow the story without subs (: Plus, I'd be broke buying the DVDs / BluRays and would have to wait for them without knowing if what I'm buying is good D:

Anyway, guys, I'm concerned about this:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-01/japan-law-penalizing-downloaders-criminalizing-ripping-goes-into-effect


Streaming on Animeultima.tv in Japan still ok?


Well I don't watch those xD But also, if someone plans on going to Japan, shouldn't that person at least learn the language? I know I started and it's not that hard. It can be mastered in a year (at least to understand it, writing is a little harder)


I do understand Japanese, no worries, but I still prefer watching Anime on a website that releases quickly without the need to DL anything. It's just that aspect that's worrying me about streaming Anime in Japan. As for writing, I know Hiragana and Katakana and some Kanji, so I'm good there and still learning more Kanji.

Anyway, not wanting to speak about my Japanese proficiency skills, can anyone help answer my problem since the new law that appeared a couple of days ago?


He why you not want talk about your skills? XD

Joking aside... I do know the same and as of yesterday I am sure I know about 350 kanji :D I am actually learning to write first, I always liked learning hard pars first.

As for your question. Just use streaming sites you used up until now.
 
Oct 3, 2012 2:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1690
TrOjAnHoRsE said:
xxangelchanxx said:
Sounds like so much of a hassle to watch anime in japan lol


Why ? you can watch in TV for free just learn Japanese and BD or dvd you can borrow from rental shops or friends or some kind people.

If you don't know japanese though then what?
And Watching anime on tv is gay,what if you miss your episode?
And BD's are insanely expensive.

Its all just easier to torrent lul
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
 
Oct 3, 2012 2:50 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 4831
xxangelchanxx said:
TrOjAnHoRsE said:
xxangelchanxx said:
Sounds like so much of a hassle to watch anime in japan lol


Why ? you can watch in TV for free just learn Japanese and BD or dvd you can borrow from rental shops or friends or some kind people.

If you don't know japanese though then what?
And Watching anime on tv is gay,what if you miss your episode?
And BD's are insanely expensive.

Its all just easier to torrent lul


tv is censored as well, here in good ol usa you can torrent free uncensored anime
 
Oct 3, 2012 10:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 78
Odd. I lived in Japan for 4 years. I downloaded torrents from Bakabt weekly. I don't recall going to jail. Hmm...
A Sword that can cut anything is not a sword.
A Sword that can cut nothing can cut anything.

 
Oct 4, 2012 12:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 133
Why not watch it on TV? and if you miss an episode, then you can stream it. If you're in Japan, I'm pretty sure finding anime wouldn't be hard.

I wonder...... are Japanese highschools correctly portrayed in anime?
 
Oct 4, 2012 4:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3
shairn said:
You could just turn on the TV.

Yes , this is the best option to choose in spite of other , i highly recommend you this.
 
Oct 4, 2012 6:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 614
People saying to turn on the TV: I won't have 24/7 time to do that, and I doubt I'm even going to have my own TV the first couple of months I'm there- and if I do, it's going to be.. bad.. I'm on a budget x) Plus I will be busy with life and need to watch on my own free time :D

Another alternative is Crunchyroll, although I don't particularly like that site at all..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 4, 2012 7:05 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24959
JavierR said:
xxangelchanxx said:
TrOjAnHoRsE said:
xxangelchanxx said:
Sounds like so much of a hassle to watch anime in japan lol


Why ? you can watch in TV for free just learn Japanese and BD or dvd you can borrow from rental shops or friends or some kind people.

If you don't know japanese though then what?
And Watching anime on tv is gay,what if you miss your episode?
And BD's are insanely expensive.

Its all just easier to torrent lul


tv is censored as well, here in good ol usa you can torrent free uncensored anime


uhf anime and animax reruns re uncensored
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Oct 4, 2012 9:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4525
Kurimu-chan said:
Another alternative is Crunchyroll, although I don't particularly like that site at all..

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT.
While Crunchyroll plays in many countries, none of its animes can stream in Japan (i think only the korean dramas can).
 
Oct 4, 2012 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 614
Maora said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Another alternative is Crunchyroll, although I don't particularly like that site at all..

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT.
While Crunchyroll plays in many countries, none of its animes can stream in Japan (i think only the korean dramas can).


Sadness:(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Top