Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 26, 2017 12:14 PM

Aug 2011
This just grossed me out. Her backstory was really poorly done, but there was some details in the ep to explain whats going on at least. I still didn't realize until reading this thread that people got sent to this island because someone hates them. I like that the main guy is a jerk but I can kind of see him as having the potential to be a good person. They had to make the main girl completely innocent though so the only way to get her to this island is by having a subplot involving traumatized girls. So I agree with others how her backstory and the rape scene came off as a bad plot device. That bothers me and the scene itself was just disturbing, and she did seem to run out of there too easily.

So many evil people in this anime. That's pretty boring and too unrealistic for me. And of course that fat guy had to be super gross and evil.
May 4, 2017 4:05 AM

Apr 2015
This time the episode is focused on the girl the main guy met in the game. So her friends were raped and she regrets that she left them behind. And now she's trapped in the game like the main guy. She met other players and one of them tried to rape her. I thought the fat dude was kind since he tried helping the girl. Glad he died though, he deserved it lol.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 20, 2017 10:25 PM

Jul 2016
OH HELL NAW. KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF MY HIMIKO! Ohhh, I see. This is where and why I dropped Btoom, I think I probably got triggered or something by that fat dude.
Jan 25, 2018 6:20 PM
Apr 2015
So you have 4 suspicious looking guys inviting you over out of nowhere, and you just blindly follow ?? Obsession got in the way of Logic, though i feel really sorry for them. That was terrible. They should get there revenge. Disgusting too see
Apr 11, 2018 5:05 PM

Sep 2011
I can already tell that the fat guy is a stereotypical virgin otaku who's acting nice to a woman just to "score" at the beginning.

Apr 28, 2018 11:42 PM

Feb 2010
So she's on the island cause she did the right thing? The best option for her was definitely to run and call the police. If she had stayed to help her fiends she would have not acchived anything. She saved them actually. So they hate her? Poor thing.
I was so happy when the fat dude died. He seems horrible.
I would probably have stayed with the first guy. He seems to know how to survive. Just be nice to him XD
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Jun 12, 2019 2:12 AM

Jun 2009
god damn this show is giving me flashbacks to the shittiness of gantz.
Feb 2, 2020 12:59 AM
Aug 2016
Read so many comments, basically three things.

1. Miho is stupid.
2. Himeko did the right thing
3. Rape is bad plot device.

First 2 points, I agreed, but I want to add on, I might understand the reason behind Miho hatred towards Himeko. If things are to settle quietly, Miho and other girls can restart their lives in other towns, they move out because they cannot stand other people opinion to theirs. And by calling the police and put this incident as a big news, there is just so little space for Miho and the girls to live without public prejudice, classmates, neighbours, internet will be talking over and even spread news that aren't true which may lead to further mental and physician abuse. And the fact is Miho is the one who wanted to see the band, she will be the one that gets the most out of it. But still doesn't change the fact that she is stupid.

Moral of the story: protect yourself.

As for point 3, you guys don't want to know doesn't mean its a bad plot device. I think its more like remind audience not to assault rape or attempt sexual assault or to become a victim because you never know how serious and painful the consequences.
Feb 16, 2020 12:13 PM
Dec 2019
I strongly dislike the main character. The main character and the blonde high school should have died, but thanks to "plot armor" they are going to survive the whole fucking season. Piece of garbage protagonist, just get a job lazy little shit. The timer, which only lasts 10 seconds, should have ran out and blown up on the girl when she was getting raped; because more than 10 seconds had passed after she activated the grenade. Plot armor saved her with 2 "extra" seconds when she threw the 'nade. Absolutely annoying plot holes so far within the first 2 episodes.
Jun 4, 2020 10:44 AM

May 2020
Man that otaku rape that boobs and I want too. He is not ningen. So big and just like a monster. She is not wrong at all tbh or we still don't know yet who is she. This is interesting .
Jan 6, 2021 2:13 AM
Jun 2020
The episode was too much fast.
Feels bad for Himeko and yeah that fatso died XD
Mar 16, 2021 3:32 PM

May 2009
Yoooo this show is really something huh. This second episode was disturbing.
Rape, violence, sending someone to die because you hate them, more rape.. Holy cow.

This show is edgy alright
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jun 18, 2021 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
Wow this show really went: 📈

I think the topic of rape was handled decently and not in a cliche manner. The "band rape" wasn't simply to fetishize women, but was to serve as some character motivation for the blonde. It wasn't just tragedy for tragedy's sake, but influences some of her decisions on the island. Sexualization or tragedy aside, it's also implied to be the REASON she's on the island -- i.e., her bespectacled friend wished her there.

The girl's backstory is one thing -- as was the fat guy -- but I hope they leave it at that and don't dive any deeper. Hopefully it was just a setup for potential skepticism toward the MC in the next episode. I WAS disappointed that the fat guy turned out to be a creep, though -- at first, he seemed genuinely protective and somewhat smart by appointing a leader. Then he started aggressively grabbing her hand, which I guess was a give away -- but I was hoping he'd simmer down after that. Actually, all three of the men that found the blonde had potential to be decent characters I think -- so I'm a bit disheartened by the direction the characters went in (i.e. one was murdered, and TWO-out-of-three were antagonists), but it won't impact my score.

To a degree, I like how things panned out. In Episode 1, the MC overpowered someone with his wits -- and in Episode 2, they gave the girl (I guess the other MC?) a means of overpowering someone as well. Killing herself / suicide WOULD seem extreme, but her backstory serves as some justification. The first two episodes were more or less the same format -- they began in the BTOOOM game, gave us some backstories, and depicted how the characters reacted to their new surroundings. And I guess now they've met.

Finally, someone commented on the fast pacing. I think it's a LITTLE fast, but it doesn't bother me. I think it fits well into the kind of show this is. There's no reason to simmer on certain moments for more than a few minutes. Not to mention it IS an action anime, right? AND there's always imminent danger around the corner? They've gotta keep moving. I agree that the pacing is above average on a speed spectrum, but I don't think it's enough to hinder its score.

Seems like an alright show so far. I'm eager to continue.
removed-userJun 18, 2021 6:57 PM
Nov 15, 2021 11:48 PM
Jul 2020
Damn this ep was so slow and that rape 🗿. It's just dumb alright
May 4, 2022 6:01 PM

Jul 2021
This episode is the reason why I have trust issues with strangers around me.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 11, 2022 1:51 PM

Nov 2010
That "rape" scene was yummy! Sometimes, I have fantasies of doing that. Man, I can just imagine the taste & smell of Himiko's sweaty chest and boobies. An intoxicating combination of sweet, sour & salty. Anyway, if I was that fatso, I wouldn't have cared about being blown up, as long as I can put it in!
Nov 21, 2022 3:09 AM

May 2020
^ Down bad lol

God this girl sure pack some punches. Three times douches tried to rape her, and everytime she did them good except that fat otaku had a bit of success, but he bite the dust either way.

Also no way that megane-chan was blaming her. She's the one who did a favour and call the cops for godsake.
May 15, 2023 7:54 AM

Dec 2022
Miho is dumb as a rock. You can take a passing glance at that group of dudes and realise immediately that they couldn't be less trustworthy, but inviting a group of girls to a darkened and empty house too? Then she has the gall to blame Himiko?

Did fatso die or not? The bomb didn't turn him into a bunch of limbs and organs for whatever reason, but instead just knocks him into a river? It seems to have the same explosive yield as MCs bombs, and his mangled the blonde psycho. Confusing.

Shaded Horizon

May 24, 2023 5:27 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Yeah, this girl has went through it lol. And the rape was unpleasant to watch but I appreciate the show not holding back, but damn man poor Himiko and her friends. Now I’m really interested in seeing how her and Ryouta’s first interaction goes.
Jul 16, 2023 12:59 AM
Jun 2023
Another bland character that is thrown into a survival situation. Build up, more that actual plot. The episode was hella disgusting to watch but I guess is kinda realistic.
Sep 17, 2023 7:15 AM
Sep 2023
This episode is just :o
Idk what's to say. I don't like the fanservice
Nov 29, 2023 8:38 AM
Jun 2022
Felt Slow Pace The First Time But Now It Kinda Grew On Me . It Is Fun!!!
Jan 28, 9:38 AM
Jul 2021
rotten. only rotten
Pages (5) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

140 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.