Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion

Oct 8, 2017 6:43 AM

Touka__Kirishima said:
No idea why this series is rated so highly, perhaps popularised towards a mostly younger, less mature audience?

Nothing in this series stands out. To be frank, it tackles a whole variety of issues/elements whilst failing to justify any one of them.

Every single side character in the series served little to no purpose; all they did was shallowly convenience the plot. Yui's childhood friend, Nana, Inaba's brother were nothing more than tools blatantly used to support the MCs - introduced at the most coincidental times only to be scrapped after 1 or 2 episodes.

The plot itself was a disappointment onwards from episode 2. What started to be a promising mystery quickly dissolved into a sick social experiment which would only become increasingly ridiculous as it continues. Since when is it a good idea to start each arc with some mysterious supernatural phenomena, only to explain everything in the next episode?

So many questions remained unanswered - why specifically those 5? What was the point of those experiments? Why introduce a second balloon vine, only to kill it off after 2 episodes? Balloon vine 2 swore it would make the age-change permanent yet went back on it's promise after a few minutes? Taichi is threatened to keep a secret that if revealed, would permanently affect his friend's futures - spills the beans after light questioning?

Then we have the shallow character development of the MCs: Boy 1 who is seriously in love with Girl 1, get's rejected. What does he then do? He decides the next day that he's seriously in love with Girl 2. Boy 1 is apparently a wrestling fanatic yet only makes like two references to wrestling in the series.

The ovas seem a tiny bit better but I really do regret watching ep 1-13.

EliseZoghbi34 said:
I hate this episode glade that the TV series is over now
Power of friendship just hits again
This anime is trash 3/10

it has 4 ova's that finish the story, they run out of time & had to release unfinished anime so they did 4EP latter

watch the hole thing before saying things like that

Oct 8, 2017 5:40 PM

Sugram22 said:
Touka__Kirishima said:
No idea why this series is rated so highly, perhaps popularised towards a mostly younger, less mature audience?

Nothing in this series stands out. To be frank, it tackles a whole variety of issues/elements whilst failing to justify any one of them.

Every single side character in the series served little to no purpose; all they did was shallowly convenience the plot. Yui's childhood friend, Nana, Inaba's brother were nothing more than tools blatantly used to support the MCs - introduced at the most coincidental times only to be scrapped after 1 or 2 episodes.

The plot itself was a disappointment onwards from episode 2. What started to be a promising mystery quickly dissolved into a sick social experiment which would only become increasingly ridiculous as it continues. Since when is it a good idea to start each arc with some mysterious supernatural phenomena, only to explain everything in the next episode?

So many questions remained unanswered - why specifically those 5? What was the point of those experiments? Why introduce a second balloon vine, only to kill it off after 2 episodes? Balloon vine 2 swore it would make the age-change permanent yet went back on it's promise after a few minutes? Taichi is threatened to keep a secret that if revealed, would permanently affect his friend's futures - spills the beans after light questioning?

Then we have the shallow character development of the MCs: Boy 1 who is seriously in love with Girl 1, get's rejected. What does he then do? He decides the next day that he's seriously in love with Girl 2. Boy 1 is apparently a wrestling fanatic yet only makes like two references to wrestling in the series.

The ovas seem a tiny bit better but I really do regret watching ep 1-13.

EliseZoghbi34 said:
This anime is trash 3/10

it has 4 ova's that finish the story, they run out of time & had to release unfinished anime so they did 4EP latter

Those 4 ovas were the the epitome of cancer. Every single one of my mentioned questions remained unanswered. Thanks for reminding me of this horrible series smh.
~

Oct 13, 2017 4:00 AM

The soul switching part was good, the second part about desire unleashed was so so and the fighting amongst them was not interesting and last part about time regress was below stupid. The romance was not there for me because friendship was in the way for me, the word love was thrown around in a pointless way and overused stupidly.The rivalry between Inaba and Iori was below cold and boring. 4/10 no episode 14 i dont trust it.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Dec 26, 2017 7:12 AM

9/10. I really liked the whole concept. Probably the first anime where 'gamemaster' idea was really interesting, not forced and not EMOed.
In the other hand that ending bugs me a lot. She don't know if she loves him? Like WTF.
Iori is my favorite character, but again, wtf.
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Jan 7, 2018 4:24 AM
nice episode

what's it supposed to mean at the last when iori said "do i really love taichi".
even though i'm inaba X taichi shipper and felt happy, i didn't like it that they put it this way, are they telling that everything iori felt for taichi is nothing but false,o c'mon

liked the children arc but i expected more from it

well anyway i'm going to watch the specials

8/10

Jan 14, 2018 10:20 PM

This was probably the worst part of the show for me, you build up this massive drama, one that has some genuine relatable trauma that makes up the entirety of irori's character, then you resolve it in such a abrupt and dumb way of just making her talk to her mom for like a whopping 1 minute to find out its all the result of some misunderstanding? Like no this trivialises her entire character and a good portion of the show, a part of the show I was honestly pretty invested in. Like did they have to make it so damned laid back and cheery, this show has dealt with freaking sexual assault trauma yet it decides to just cop out when it comes to emotional isolation and domestic abuse? like why.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 22, 2018 4:58 AM
Wow i love it! It's very emotional.

Jan 22, 2018 12:23 PM

Prim3 said:
Sugram22 said:

Those 4 ovas were the the epitome of cancer. Every single one of my mentioned questions remained unanswered. Thanks for reminding me of this horrible series smh.

its not cancer cause it would have been same way even if they would have finished sooner & released complete story cause u didn't like the pairing doesn't make it a cancer

4 OVA'S were made later cause time was up & they had to release incomplete story, 13EP & OVA'S are EP 14, 15, 16 & 17 & they finish the story, so this are not OVA'S this are continent what was left out due before due time & were released later as OVA'S

EliseZoghbi34 said:
This anime is trash 3/10

watch the 4ovas to then it gets better

JizzyHitler said:
This was probably the worst part of the show for me, you build up this massive drama, one that has some genuine relatable trauma that makes up the entirety of irori's character, then you resolve it in such a abrupt and dumb way of just making her talk to her mom for like a whopping 1 minute to find out its all the result of some misunderstanding? Like no this trivialises her entire character and a good portion of the show, a part of the show I was honestly pretty invested in. Like did they have to make it so damned laid back and cheery, this show has dealt with freaking sexual assault trauma yet it decides to just cop out when it comes to emotional isolation and domestic abuse? like why.

u2, watch the ova's Iori's issue isn't resolved at all

Xander_Cage said:
nice episode

what's it supposed to mean at the last when iori said "do i really love taichi".
even though i'm inaba X taichi shipper and felt happy, i didn't like it that they put it this way, are they telling that everything iori felt for taichi is nothing but false,o c'mon

liked the children arc but i expected more from it

well anyway i'm going to watch the specials

8/10

well her final words do hint that she mistook admiration for love (& new she started to realize it, but she is still not sure) it happens sometimes & considering what mess she is with her identity crisis its even less surprise
Modified by Sugram22, Jan 23, 2018 12:28 PM

Jan 28, 2018 6:46 PM

Well, I just hope I gert to get answers in the OVAs about what is happening... that Ballon Vine and etc

Apr 12, 2018 2:58 PM

Decent ending but we need what's Baloon Vine. 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 10, 2018 8:43 AM

Ending was quite cute. I enjoyed seeing the humanization of the Heartseeds. The first Heartseed, while creepy as hell, is quite benevolent.

I was annoyed to get no resolution to the love tringle, but a cliffhanger ending is better than no ending, since the OVAs exist.

Overall I very much enjoyed this show. I loved seeing how good friends the main characters are and how much effort they put into treating each other well and projecting each other. It makes for a very warm story. I give the series 8/10. I intend to procure the OVA and check out the light novels. :)

Aug 23, 2018 3:38 PM

Hm, not the best episode (didn't like this arc much I guess) but the ending cliffhanger was just a bomb - after what they had together in the first arc, something like this is very painful. I know Taichi isn't the best character but I simply can't see him with Inaba - they have no chemistry together - and I really hope this isn't sign of thing to come (sadly, knowing the anime, probably is).
Why the best girl have to alway lose?

Anyway, resolution of Iori's story with her mother turned out nothing special and exceptionally weak (the way her mother threw out her ex was nice gesture but one that would create even more problems and potential violent stalker in the future), even Fusen Kazura the Second wasn't explained well and the appearance of the original one just felt like deus ex machina. I'm not saying there weren't good parts in this arc but overall it felt a lot forced and full of writing shortcuts. Just my 2 cents.

I loved two previous arcs though, and I like the characters. Hoping for Michi Random to be awesome again.

7/10 So far, lower score because of this arc.

Dec 3, 2018 3:48 PM

Nice cliffhanger. So far I would give this show a 7/10. I had a lot of fun with this and so was the cast. All arcs had an interesting concept and were more or less executed pretty well, it's just missing a bit in order to become great for me. Hope the last 4 episodes can give me that.
Modified by FMmatron, Dec 3, 2018 3:53 PM
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Dec 23, 2018 11:59 AM

This show took a nosedive after the end of the body transfer arc and it never recovered.

Iori remains the best until the very end, but I agree with JazzyHitler's aforementioned criticism about how tactless her primary source of trauma was resolved.

This was looking like a solid 7 or even 7.5 after the end of the first arc, but it ends something more like a 6. oh well, hopefully the OVA-sequel is better.

Mar 6, 7:34 PM

Well, that sucked. Easily the dumbest episode of the series. Seriously, wtf was that? 4 episodes left, and I'm not super excited about it.

Overall, while it was certainly watchable and the characters were interesting enough, the writing is so piss poor (pacing? there is none) that it's hard to care about anything that happens in a way that is not superficial. I don't mind contrived bullshit as a starting off point in a story like this, (I sort of liked it when Heartseed told them not to worry about the mechanics of the phenomenon) but almost every word spoken, interaction and scene is contrived bullshit.

Jun 18, 3:10 PM
I think the issue with this anime is that some characters are developed well but others we’re left with basically nothing. Taichi specifically, why is he obsessed with helping people??? The body swap arc was really interesting and looked like it was leading somewhere with some big expositions about some of their pasts but then they were rather easily solved. Following from that point the characters don’t seem to change much and three out of the five we’re given the sort of “oh they don’t have much of an interesting back story- he likes helping people, she’s lonely, and he’s got a friend he loved but doesn’t anymore etc.” They are somewhat developed but a lot of this story is blank and this makes the back story mentioned while sad completely side noted. Following the body swap arc I kind of lost hope over the direction of this cause no other reveal seems to be forthcoming and the issues they are now dealing with seem much more trivial with the main problem being communication in a series of angstiness which is just excruciating to watch(while this is somewhat reflective of real life, I think it’s taken a bit too extreme). My verdict is, it had potential which fizzled out, not the worst anime but it was a bit disappointing cause I could see where it could have gone, I liked the characters so much, the art, and the concept too but it didn’t deliver what it seemed to promise. Will probably watch the last few episodes (am on 13/17) but I don’t see much promise.

Jul 6, 9:05 AM

The show had potential, but failed to do anything meaningful with it. I liked the OPs though, I'll give it that.

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]