Poll: Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion

Oct 10, 2012 5:34 PM
"I was willing to put up with him to make you happy."

"No, I was willing to put up with him to make you happy."

lolwut

Oct 10, 2012 7:48 PM
I HOPE SHE DOESNT LOVE TAICHI! TAICHi X INABA FTW. :]]]]]

Oct 10, 2012 9:26 PM
it says that there should be 4 more episodes according to MAL.. but i cna't find any other episodes after ep 13.... what's going on... I WANT MORE KOKORO CONNECT

Oct 10, 2012 9:47 PM

botanymajor95 said:
it says that there should be 4 more episodes according to MAL.. but i cna't find any other episodes after ep 13.... what's going on... I WANT MORE KOKORO CONNECT
They're BD only episodes, so those will be out when the last set of BDs are out (27/3/2013)

Toshino Kyoko!!!

Oct 13, 2012 8:50 PM

lollero said:
I really hope that they explain this whole Heartseed thing, where it has come and where it'll end.
Second that. I'm mostly interested on Heartseed's (or Balloon Vine?) origin.

Oct 13, 2012 8:56 PM

Nyankichi said:
lollero said:
I really hope that they explain this whole Heartseed thing, where it has come and where it'll end.

It is not even in the novel, so just might as well forget about it.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Oct 13, 2012 9:16 PM

symbv said:
Nyankichi said:
lollero said:

It is not even in the novel, so just might as well forget about it.

...Not yet.
Actually wait, they are already explaining it... as of Vol.9. Of course they gonna save it for the final arc ;)

Oct 16, 2012 3:57 PM

Can someone tell me where the anime left off in the novel?

I really want to read the LN now.

Oct 16, 2012 5:44 PM

The_Butcher said:
Can someone tell me where the anime left off in the novel?

I really want to read the LN now.

Episode 13 ended right at Volume 3 Kako Random.

The next arc, Volume 4 Michi Random is still under translation on BakaTsuki. As of time of posting 3 chapters are completed. If all goes smoothly, the rest of the volume should be completed by Halloween... hopefully.
Modified by nretnaL, Oct 17, 2012 12:14 AM

Oct 17, 2012 7:53 AM
when will episode 14 air?

Oct 17, 2012 8:14 AM

nretnaL said:

Episode 13 ended right at Volume 3 Kako Random.

The next arc, Volume 4 Michi Random is still under translation on BakaTsuki. As of time of posting 3 chapters are completed. If all goes smoothly, the rest of the volume should be completed by Halloween... hopefully.
Thank you.

Going to get started right away.

Oct 20, 2012 5:11 PM
originanime

Good series, but way too many plot holes/unanswered questions to say it was really "spectacular". xD

Looking forward to the 4 specials to conclude the series!

Oct 20, 2012 9:09 PM

Carolynejade said:
when will episode 14 air?

march/april 2013

oh hey look. the last four episodes were split from the series.

8/10 for this series. one of the better ones of summer season for sure!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Oct 21, 2012 9:20 PM

I had absolutely no expectations for this show when i started watching it... But it was very freaking good, even with all the unanswered questions.
huh?

Oct 22, 2012 7:23 AM
I can't believe that those stuffs that what happened especially the ending of Kokoro Connect kinda killed me inside not just other animes that I've recently watched!

Oct 22, 2012 12:00 PM

Been a while but I though the whole misunderstand was quite nicely cleared and all.

Comes my other question why now only 13?

Rest of the episodes are OVAs now? WTF is going on and there is no explanations for it around. At least I looked around.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

Oct 22, 2012 5:46 PM

Yumekichi11 said:
Rest of the episodes are OVAs now? WTF is going on and there is no explanations for it around. At least I looked around.

Episodes 14-17 do not air on TV. They will be released with the DVD. Therefore, they are considered as "Special" episodes.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Oct 22, 2012 5:54 PM

meepsheep said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Episodes 14-17 do not air on TV. They will be released with the DVD. Therefore, they are considered as "Special" episodes.
Ah I see now. Well that's fine then.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

Oct 23, 2012 7:58 AM

After finishing this show I feel a remarkable amount of sympathy for this dog:

كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing

Oct 23, 2012 12:04 PM

Glad this isn't the last we'll see of Kokoro Connect. There are still issues to clear, after all!

Iori's musings (about Taichi being a good person and whether or not she really likes him) in the end doesn't really surprise me. After all, Inaba pointed it out rather early in the show, saying that Iori needed someone to rely on, and Taichi is the kind of person who love to help others, so he was a perfect candidate; but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're in love. From the start, I thought their declarations of love came a little early and with too little substance to build on.

I'm guessing this probably means that Taichi will get together with Inaba instead, which is sad since I'm not really a fan of that pairing. I like Inaba respectively, but I find Taichi a bit annoying because of his I-must-save-the-day-and-help-everyone attitude. Iori is really cute though, and she's able to both joke around but also be serious and deep when the situation calls for it.

I lol'd at Iori's mom telling of her "Second Father", it was great. Though it's pretty ironic that they both endured him for the same reason; it's a good example of how important communication is. I definitely would've said yes to getting a second chance in life. Who wouldn't?

I really, really, really enjoyed this, and I'm looking forward to the sequel. Speaking of sequel, does anybody know when it airs?

Oct 23, 2012 12:51 PM

cladinpink said:

I really, really, really enjoyed this, and I'm looking forward to the sequel. Speaking of sequel, does anybody know when it airs?

More information can be found here, since episode 14-17, the Michi arc, were split from the TV series on MAL:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?animeid=16001

Oct 24, 2012 7:00 AM

Marow said:
I have a better way to sum up Kokoro Connect:

"Great ideas, poor execution."

Now, I wouldn't call Kokoro Connect a bad show, not at all, but it certainly had ideas that could've made it superb. But for it to work, these ideas would each have to be given much more episodes. In other words, they should've ignored the source material.

24 episodes of bodyswapping? Now THAT, if played right, would be great.

I agree with you. The first arc was definitely the best, the show just went downhill from there. I would have given it a 9/10 for the body-swapping episodes, but then the second arc bored me to death. Kako Random was based off an interesting idea, but definitely suffered from poor execution. Also, there was too much forced drama throughout the series, and the way Balloon Vine resolved everything ("Oh sorry, not my fault, you're back to normal, see ya :)") was even more forced.
Hito - 9/10
Kizu - 5/10
Kako - 6.5/10
Overall 7/10

Oct 24, 2012 2:53 PM

I don't understand why this anime is so popular and people love it.
Especially Inaba really annoyed me in the whole series. And last scene in the final episode, Iory says whether she likes Taichi or not sucksss.

Oct 25, 2012 2:36 AM

Oh man, Iori asking for help was so touching and beautiful.

Oct 25, 2012 3:31 AM

When are the rest of the 4 episodes going to be released.Want to watch them right away.

Oct 25, 2012 5:04 PM

ahmed_great2005 said:
When are the rest of the 4 episodes going to be released.Want to watch them right away.

More info here:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?animeid=16001

Oct 26, 2012 5:20 PM

I wonder if anyone here could make me a summary of the end of the light novel kokoro connect, like who ended up with who in the end, if someone died, and who was the guy who did these "games" with them? If anyone knows the answers, please send me a message =).
TY

Oct 26, 2012 6:25 PM

katzer said:
I wonder if anyone here could make me a summary of the end of the light novel kokoro connect, like who ended up with who in the end, if someone died, and who was the guy who did these "games" with them? If anyone knows the answers, please send me a message =).
TY

It hasn't ended yet. The novel series have just entered the final arc, and will conclude on the next publish in Spring 2013. They have just begun to reveal the true motives behind 'those ones.'

If you're really desperate for answers, feel free to visit this novel thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113630

Oct 26, 2012 6:41 PM

nretnaL said:
katzer said:
TY

It hasn't ended yet. The novel series have just entered the final arc, and will conclude on the next publish in Spring 2013. They have just begun to reveal the true motives behind 'those ones.'

If you're really desperate for answers, feel free to visit this novel thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113630

I've already seen this thread, but it's 40 pages =O, i read some of the spoilers, and they were saying that the last volume in the main story was the 7, but i must have seen it wrong.

Oct 26, 2012 6:48 PM

katzer said:

I've already seen this thread, but it's 40 pages =O, i read some of the spoilers, and they were saying that the last volume in the main story was the 7, but i must have seen it wrong.

The confusion is mostly due to how some people try to categorize the "Main story" volumes and the "Short story" volumes. Technically, volume 1-4, 6, 7, 9 and the upcoming 10th next year are the main story, totally 7 arcs (the Asu arc aka the final arc is splitted into 9 & 10). While volume 5 and 8 are short stories.

Though I'd argue it's easier to remember it by publishing number or the arc title =.=;

At least that's what I try to insist in that novel thread.
Modified by nretnaL, Oct 26, 2012 6:52 PM

Oct 27, 2012 12:13 PM

Waaa. :) What a nice ending but the last part isn't really needed. Why did they add that part!!! >< If Iori doesn't love Taichi then I won't watch the other 4 episodes next year. I don't care about it anymore if it's going to be like this.. I was always been your fan Iori. I was rooting for you and Taichi so please don't change. :((

Oct 28, 2012 11:28 PM

This last episode was pretty dumb. Why the hell would Taichi tell them about what the second told him, knowing full well that there were going to be really bad consequences. Really stupid and unrealistic.

Episode was rushed and Iori's problems were made to appear very minor by the end of it. I'm not very satisfied with this "final" episode. Hopefully the next 4 episode arc will be better.

Oct 29, 2012 11:22 PM

Probably the next arc will be about Lori x Taichi x Inaba .....xD

Nov 8, 2012 4:41 AM

Very nice anime, can't wait to see more of Kokoro Connect and Himeko-chan in the future :)

Nov 8, 2012 4:03 PM

Mm, so the times got random because Taichi told ... oh dear :P Finally dealt with Iori's problem ... looks like she and her mom had the same thoughts! XD Glad that her "father" wasn't much of a problem at all
Interesting offer from Heartseed. To be honest it was obvious she'd decline because of "I am who I am now because of everything that's happened" but I'd LOVE to see someone accept one of these days -_-" It would have been so interesting! Nice touch when Inaba and Taichi grabbed her hands though ... that was really nice :3
Happy ending for everyone ... Yui starts karate again and Yui and her mom seem a lot closer now. I expect the next episodes will solve the love triangle ... I mean Iori's doubting her feelings! D: Don't tell me he's going to end up with Inaba?! T_T
Is everything with Heartseed over though? What about #2? Plus the way it kept the camera on his back for a while ... hmmm ... ;O
Overall this was a pleasant surprise. I mean I was expecting a humour SOL show and this was more serious and better than I expected. Nice art (though sloppy at times) and I liked the characters too, even if some of the pasts were heavily cliched. It was definitely fun to watch and I got chills sometimes too! Always a good sign :P I liked the music as well (nice OP/ED songs mostly) and good to see problems being dealt with ... mostly XD So I'll go ahead and give this a 8/10

Nov 10, 2012 1:35 AM

Overly dramatic anime just for the sake of being overly dramatic!

So many plot holes, so many questions and in the end despite a few good episodes and admittedly a very nice development of the characters, this anime didn't do much and it just left us wondering......I guess a lot of these questions can be resolved in the last 4 episodes, but for now, I'm rating these 13 episodes.

6/10

Nov 12, 2012 1:58 PM

This was a nice ending episode and I loved it. The way that they capped off everything with one more drama involving Iori and her mom was nice to watch. And it was the drama that I had looked forward to the most. It sure was great to see Iori get past her thing with that dad and rely on the others more so she can truly be more happy. Lol at them just needing to actually have a talk to clear up a misunderstanding and at the way that Iori's mom kicked that bum out.

Oh man at what Iori was wondering at the end about whether or not she actually loves Taichi. :/ Damn it, I hope she clears up those feelings and realize that she actually does.

Overall this anime was great imo and I loved it. The characters were pretty well developed and I ended up liking everyone even though I started out thinking that Inaba was annoying. The dramas were all really awesome and I enjoyed it a lot.

Can't wait to see the next arc with those extra 4 eps.

Nov 13, 2012 1:51 PM

Final episode about Iori was done very good

I guess I'll have to look out for ova's now

Dec 27, 2012 3:58 AM

I loled when the mom replied back "No" so normally.

Loved the series, can't wait for the final 4. Sure it wasn't a tearjerker like Ano/Hana but I was entertained and kept wanting for more. I was also amazed how the comedy parts were put in without making it seemed "put in." Something not that many series can pull off so successfully.

Dec 27, 2012 11:36 PM

A very enjoyable series. Can't wait for the final 4.

Jan 3, 2013 1:38 AM

So it never occurred to them to ask each other:
"Mom, do you like your abusive second husband?"
"I don't know dear, do you like your abusive father?"
"Agreed, he's got to go."

Interesting series, I agree with everyone on how the body swap arc was done the best. I still think the inner desires arc could have been expanded on.

Jan 17, 2013 2:03 PM

T_____T Teared up when Iori was on the bridge talking about "who she is" and everything. I've really loved this series, I've connected to all the characters really well, I feel like they're my friends :') Can't wait to watch the final four episodes.

Jan 20, 2013 6:14 AM

Ok, not a bad episode, but mostly I'm glad because it's not the last one. This arc is probably my favorite one. I wonder what's in there for the 4 episodes left. I also hope that Iori is still in love with Taichi =\

1. Characters. +1. I think there isn't much surprise for anyone that I give KC point here. It's character were awesome, and not only the main ones - there were very good secondaries too. I guess my favorite would be Taichi, despite Aoki was quite cool too.
2. Atmosphere. +1. Some may say there was nothing special about it - just the atmosphere of an ordinary world. But I think that this is exactly the strong poing of Kokoro Connect - despite there was supernatural aspect of the story, still everything was running with such a realistic feeling..
3. OST. +1. There were cool OPs and EDs, and the last ED was just awesome. The background themes were good enough too.
4. Animation. +1. One of my most favorite animations ever. The character design and everything else was just 10/10 imo.
5. Background story. +1. The pasts of the characters were one of the strong points of the characters. I think they were well-made.
6. Storyline. +1. It was a great one - every part of what the characters had to go through, they developed themselves consistently. Not for once I felt bored while watching this story
7. Ending. Probably this is the only aspect of the anime I'm not gonna award, but it's for a reason, I guess - there wasn't an actual ending, I gotta watch the 4 episodes left ^^ .
9. Drama. +1. Yeah, even if most of the air was calm, there were quite dramatic moments, probably the best one being the almost-death of Iori.
10. Overall affect. +1. I'll surely remember this anime, it's one of the best I've seen. There was always this tension in the air, because of which you just couldn't be carefree - maybe the strongest point of this anime. The friendship of the StuCS developed this well just because of it. Also, the choices the characters made throughout the story were inspirational and some of them - really moving.

Overall score: 9/10. My most favorite summer 2012 anime, I want to see more shows like this one.

Jan 23, 2013 12:37 PM

Great final episode, and well there's still more I do wonder what's next but for this the story has already developed amazing and had a great ending! Loved the first concept the most but all the arc's concepts where quite interesting and had their unique trades. Great anime in general I'm looking forward for the 4 specials. 9/10

Jan 23, 2013 9:04 PM

Great series overall, the premise was genius and the fact that I know there are 4 episodes left makes it that much better. I'll leave my sentimental comment there ^^.

Iori handled the situation this episode beautifully. That bridge scene was just perfect (Heartseed #1 is a BRO).

Oh yeah, Iori's mom went GAR mode on that sorry punk lmfao. That was too funny.

That final quote from Iori... really looking forward to the last 4 episodes!

8.5/10!

Jan 27, 2013 9:31 AM

I'm not saying that the episode was bad, but i think they seriously passed over an opportunity to really make this anime something else when they decided to not make Taichi's memories become a conflict...for most of the show he's been the one that helps everyone else, i feel it would have been a more powerful ending if they all helped him overcome a problem than lori's story...that and it was no secret since episode 1 that she had problems at home and her mom was a part of it I also feel that Heartseed coming in like that and relieving them of the aging before the conflict ends, was a pretty weak way to both end an arc and an easy way out of coming up with a solution for the gang to overcome the situation, i was expecting something a bit more interesting and dramatic for an anime that normally has had really good ways of overcoming each dilemma in the arc. 7/10 for the this episode, 9/10 for the season, hopefully the OVA is also a good one

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"

Jan 28, 2013 3:03 PM
Finally finished these 13 episodes!

I have mixed feelings... I feel like it has wasted it's potential. First arc was focusing too much on Taichi what made him look like some kind of hero while everyone else were pushed to the side. 2nd arc balanced things up a bit and I think the actual problem there was far more major than body swapping, probably best arc for me.

3rd arc mostly went back to the start where both Yui and Iori had to go through almost same thing all over again what was slightly repetitive and it was Taichi for most again as the center but it wasn't that glaring as in first arc.

I feel like characters could have been explored some more as well as their problems, to have it more group orientated and less Taichi centered.

But despite those issues series still managed to hold my interest and make me want to see more so I'll let some problems slide and will give it 8.

Feb 28, 2013 8:24 PM

Good first episodes, but just terrible towards the end.

Apr 10, 2013 2:32 AM
taichi's such an idiot for revealing number 2 in the first place. He knew what the consequences and ramifications were, and still spilled the beans. I know the writers had to utilize his stupidity in order to progress the story to its eventual ending, but still.....at least have the MC demonstrate equal/above the IQ of a head of cabbage.

In the end, his character was the one I was the most disappointed in. He shows himself to be a white knight in trying to solve everybody's problems, but only to absolve himself of any pain/guilt.For all of his posturing and heart to heart talks, nearly everything he does ends up making a situation worse than it is. And he is the least interesting character with no conflict resolution to speak of to boot.

Apr 14, 2013 7:06 AM
Finally a bit of Aori after a long bit. Now off to watch michi special. 9.5/10 for me for this amazing anime.

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »