Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2012 9:08 PM
Mar 2012
LancelotTypeZero said:
I hope this doesnt mean Iori doesnt love Taichi anymore that would suck

know the feel bro
Oct 1, 2012 9:10 PM

Aug 2008
I was thinking she had an edgier past. Like physical/sexual abuse. Oh well, I'm not complaining, but I was mislead? Haha.
And the waiting game follows. When's next episode, next year?
Oct 1, 2012 10:01 PM

Aug 2010
Still too much melodrama, but the episode itself was okay. I had my doubts about whether Iori was truly in love with Taichi-kun since day one. Wouldn't mind though, I'm all for InabanxTaichi. 3/5.
Oct 1, 2012 11:09 PM

Mar 2011
I started liking this series but then it threw at you too much melodrama in too little time. I will wait until the 4 last episodes air before rating this
Oct 2, 2012 12:09 AM
May 2012
Just watched EP13. I just don't get it.

kelpso said:
Nagase's mum is hilarious.
WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE THE LAST SENTENCE OF THE LAST EPISODE FOR A WHILE A CLIFFHANGER?

That's what I want to know. That's just left me puzzled! I mean seriously, THAT'S IT?! I thought it supposed to be 17 episodes?!
Oct 2, 2012 3:01 AM

Sep 2010
prismheart said:
Wow, Iori and her mom should have just talked about the situation earlier. That would have saved them a lot of grief.
Yeah, it has been such a mess and now they clear it all by some stupid misunderstanding and made it more of a joke than the seriousness from before.

JeffreyZin said:
Just watched EP13. I just don't get it.

That's what I want to know. That's just left me puzzled! I mean seriously, THAT'S IT?! I thought it supposed to be 17 episodes?!
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=477663
Oct 2, 2012 4:09 AM

Oct 2009
yeah that terrible pressure around Iori isn't that hard finally
because we are the best friends of the world ! <.<

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Oct 2, 2012 7:24 AM

Jul 2010
So both Iori and her mother were thinking it would be better for the other to keep things the way they are? This whole thing was totally unnecessary just because they haven't talked about it before...

In any case, this series really surprised me. The mix of comedy, drama and a sniff of romance was very well done. I'm wondering what the next four blu-ray episodes will be about. I guess it'll be about the love triangle between Taichi, Iori and Himeko and the fact that Iori isn't sure about her feelings. Maybe we'll see some heartseed too? I'm going to hold off on rating the show for real, but for now it's on a solid 8/10.

Oct 2, 2012 11:28 AM
Jun 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Oh wow, Yui sure is the energetic one this episode. I think there's some trouble going through Iori's heads but she's a good girl so she can handle it. Poor Iori though :(

I also lol'd @ baby Aoki, so cute! Overall, another good episode and I think concludes the arc..hmm. Also, that little narration by Iori at the end there was somewhat touching. So, I guess it's to the OVAs now.
DUDE you FAIL BIG TIME! They aren't ova's they are tv. Geesh can someone not read the /17 eps part -___- If it was an ova it would be listed as one on mal and wikipedia oh and the official site -___-
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Eucliwood_kun&sclick=1]
Oct 2, 2012 11:30 AM
Jun 2012
I really hope Iori doesn't stop liking him anymore or I'm through with the series and 6/10 and drop this show to 3rd fav of the season over being 1st. First you like someone and then you doubt it, like come on get real here -__-
Oct 2, 2012 1:54 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Eucliwood_kun said:
First you like someone and then you doubt it, like come on get real here -__-
Happens in Real Life ALL the time. For example, just ask my ex-wife...
Oct 2, 2012 3:00 PM

Dec 2010
Eucliwood_kun said:
I really hope Iori doesn't stop liking him anymore or I'm through with the series and 6/10 and drop this show to 3rd fav of the season over being 1st. First you like someone and then you doubt it, like come on get real here -__-

The one who should get real here is you; you make it seem like feelings never change; no better yet you make it seem like feelings are always interpreted correctly right away. There is a fine line between things like admiration and affection. People don't always understand their feelings right away; they just think they do and then after time passes they realized they screwed up in this case Iori is better since she noticed early. Also frankly I'm glad because she needs to get out of the picture anyway; only couple needed here is TaichixInaba.
Oct 2, 2012 3:00 PM

Jun 2011
Eucliwood_kun said:

Ever heard of the 'Suspension Bridge Effect'? People can confuse emotions quite easily, mis-attributing one emotion for another.
Oct 2, 2012 3:04 PM

Dec 2010
Pikon said:
Eucliwood_kun said:

Ever heard of the 'Suspension Bridge Effect'? People can confuse emotions quite easily, mis-attributing one emotion for another.

Lol that reminds me of School Rumble XD

Oct 2, 2012 3:04 PM

Sep 2010
Eucliwood_kun said:
The one who should get real here is you; you make it seem like feelings never change; no better yet you make it seem like feelings are always interpreted correctly right away. There is a fine line between things like admiration and affection. People don't always understand their feelings right away; they just think they do and then after time passes they realized they screwed up in this case Iori is better since she noticed early. Also frankly I'm glad because she needs to get out of the picture anyway; only couple needed here is TaichixInaba.

I somehow know what you mean, it's difficult to describe but I had something like that happen to me some while ago...
Oct 3, 2012 6:37 AM

Apr 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
Eucliwood_kun said:
. First you like someone and then you doubt it, like come on get real here -__-

the true feeling never changes it's just that we often be wrong about our feelings because we don't understand our feelings
Oct 3, 2012 11:56 AM

Sep 2008
Im pretty burnt about the next 4 episodes. :l
Oct 3, 2012 1:57 PM

Dec 2009
Hm... I was expecting some more drama between Iori and her mom, everything was so.. easy.
Oct 3, 2012 6:08 PM

Dec 2009
How can they just leave us with a cliffhanger like that!

What do you mean the last 4 episodes are not going to be aired, what the!!!!
Oct 3, 2012 7:25 PM
May 2012
blazehero said:

My exact same thoughts about this episode.

I mean seriously,

What did Iori Nagase just see from behind at the end?!
JafriZinOct 4, 2012 8:50 AM
Oct 3, 2012 7:57 PM

Dec 2010
blazehero said:

There have been worse cliffhangers with longer breaks *Looks at Code Geass*

That said doesn't it just make it better if you have that type of reaction? It will make you want to see the next episode all the more; thats what cliffhangers are for in the first place.
Oct 4, 2012 2:31 AM

Mar 2010
Wow I'm sorry but am I the only one seeing a big ugly problem here. Shes glad that her abusive alcohol shithead father mader her an unstable mess like she is today??? Umm okay she has great friends but shes still a fucking mess of a person, I really am starting to loathe this series, I've been putting up with it just to see how bad it would get and this really takes the cake. Is there something I'm missing here? How is this acceptable story line or commentary at all?. What. The. Fuck. Anime.

Oct 4, 2012 2:42 AM

Feb 2012
baracudaboy said:
Wow I'm sorry but am I the only one seeing a big ugly problem here. Shes glad that her abusive alcohol shithead father mader her an unstable mess like she is today??? Umm okay she has great friends but shes still a fucking mess of a person, I really am starting to loathe this series, I've been putting up with it just to see how bad it would get and this really takes the cake. Is there something I'm missing here? How is this acceptable story line or commentary at all?. What. The. Fuck. Anime.

I think her point there is, if her life wasn't messed up like that, she would never have gotten these kind of friends~
Oct 4, 2012 4:12 AM

Mar 2010
Ahh yes, child abuse is totally worth it if you make good friends later on. Seriously. what the fuck.
Oct 4, 2012 4:19 AM

Sep 2012
baracudaboy said:
Ahh yes, child abuse is totally worth it if you make good friends later on. Seriously. what the fuck.

Well, just to be fair, the bum is going to be out of her life for good anyway.
Might as well take it in a positive note, right? There's no point for her to continue hating if the issue is resolved.
nretnaLOct 4, 2012 4:35 AM
Oct 4, 2012 9:41 AM

Dec 2010
baracudaboy said:

You are likely the kind of person who believes if one were able to change the past their future would instantly be better; well sorry to break it to you but it doesn't work that. If she didn't have that crappy childhood she may have just had something else worse down the line; who knows in another parallel line of her life she may have never even lived to her current age. You shouldn't act ignorant when her answer was the right one; you phrase it that way as if oblivious to the reasoning behind her words. Everyone has their own drama; some worse than others but if she were to reject that drama and say she wanted to change everything she wouldn't just reject the bad but the good as well. She would be denying her current self and everything she struggled to achieve. Why linger on the past when there are those who support her now and she is stronger for it. People who are able to overcome hardship are always stronger afterwards and many times they are better people too because they learn things they didn't understand before. Being narrow minded isn't a good thing; i suggest you be more open about things.
Oct 4, 2012 2:22 PM

Mar 2010
Shes supposed to forget the bastard not honor him. How is that too damn hard to realize???
Oct 4, 2012 2:32 PM

Dec 2010
Its called acceptance; what you are referring to is denial; and to put it plainly its pathetic. People who deny that bad stuff happened to them in the past can never truly move on from it; they have to understand that its a part of them; and frankly her scenario could have been much much worse so being thankful that she got stronger from such a scenario isn't a bad thing. Its like thanking the scenario for not being worse than it was; and allowing her to learn and get stronger from it. You really are narrow minded.
Oct 4, 2012 3:01 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
People who deny that bad stuff happened to them in the past can never truly move on from it; they have to understand that its a part of them;
Once you've accepted it you can clear your mind, and then planning your vengeance becomes much easier...
Oct 4, 2012 3:05 PM

Dec 2010
Cratex said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
People who deny that bad stuff happened to them in the past can never truly move on from it; they have to understand that its a part of them;
Once you've accepted it you can clear your mind, and then planning your vengeance becomes much easier...

Vengeance is nothing more than self satisfaction; a beginning to an endless circle of malice; there is absolutely no point to it. Its not like you get back what you lost with revenge; because in the end you simply dirty yourself by lowering what you were once were; like gluing together a broken glass and saying its whole again.
Oct 4, 2012 3:21 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
like gluing together a broken glass and saying its whole again.
Ah! But the glass can be ground up and put in his food!
Oct 4, 2012 7:24 PM
Aug 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Cratex said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Vengeance is nothing more than self satisfaction; a beginning to an endless circle of malice; there is absolutely no point to it. Its not like you get back what you lost with revenge; because in the end you simply dirty yourself by lowering what you were once were; like gluing together a broken glass and saying its whole again.

The fathom about her -thank you- doesn't relate 100% about her abusive father , however, her other life events she had to face. And it's true about what InfiniteDestiny is trying to say. In my opinion, there's 3 ways you can face a crisis, you can either be miserable about it for the rest of your life, you can either ignore it, or benefit from it.

"Each bruise is a lesson and each lesson makes us better." - Syrio Forel
Oct 5, 2012 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
Well, this show was definitely surprising. It was much more serious and character driven than I was expecting. Really good episode. But that last line from Iori really made me mad. I hope it wouldn't be a really long wait for the last 4 episodes. I'm going to give this an 8/10 for now. Unless the last arc is either really bad or really good, I don't see my score of this changing.
Oct 5, 2012 9:01 PM
Nov 2011
Is this series still going?
Oct 5, 2012 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
InoriChan234 said:
Is this series still going?

Yep
Oct 5, 2012 9:32 PM
Nov 2011
I forgot what day this series is on >< and a friend of mine said it was finished.
Oct 5, 2012 9:33 PM

Jul 2012
InoriChan234 said:
I forgot what day this series is on >< and a friend of mine said it was finished.

The first 13 episodes are finished. The remaining 4 will be aired later on. Dunno which date yet
Oct 5, 2012 9:54 PM

Jan 2011
This ends the Kako Random arc... Cant wait to see what the Michi Random arc is gonna be about.

Seems like Iori is gonna give up on Taichi?
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Oct 6, 2012 2:22 PM
Aug 2012
SkyTate said:
This ends the Kako Random arc... Cant wait to see what the Michi Random arc is gonna be about.

Seems like Iori is gonna give up on Taichi?

Not "giving up", giving up is when you want something but you can't have it so you step back. In Iori's situation, is her vague feelings for Taichi , her mind knows that his a nice guy and his been very helpful , but her heart doesn't confirm if it's "love" that she's feeling for the guy. But yes, this Michi arc is a wonderful arc. I wonder if the adaption won't feel rush for those non-readers out there...Like the 3rd arc...
Oct 7, 2012 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty emotional episode,glad evrything worked out.
Oct 7, 2012 2:50 PM

Oct 2007
The fast pace drama in this show is the best. And the last sentence will make wait for the next episode forever, damn it.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 7, 2012 4:10 PM

Oct 2009
I hate the waiting game.
Oct 8, 2012 3:10 AM
Jul 2012
WHyyyyy!
Iori x Tachi forever! Dx
Why Iori! TT3TT

Oh n i hope Yui starts liking Aoki! :D

Cant wait for next!
Oct 8, 2012 8:25 PM
Jun 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Eucliwood_kun said:

I understand what you mean but you didn't have to be a total asshole about it -___- BTW that concept is bs, if you only idolize or admire someone then say that, don't say you like them kiss them, hold off and then say you are going to be a good rival and then just doubt everything at the end. Honestly confusing the terms love and lust is quite common which irritates me. I dislike how they did this at the end of the series and not during it, I would of been like okay whatever then and rooted for Inaba 100 percent!
Oct 8, 2012 8:33 PM
Jun 2012
Aurorae said:
I hate the waiting game.
We have to wait because of that asshole who tweeted shit to a va and now they are removing his song from the blu-rays. So next year mos likely we will see the continuing episodes.
Oct 8, 2012 8:55 PM

Aug 2009
Eucliwood_kun said:
Aurorae said:
I hate the waiting game.
We have to wait because of that asshole who tweeted shit to a va

Actually, it was know even before the whole incident getting blown out of proportion that the last four episodes would not be aired on TV.
But yeah, the next episodes we'll be getting next year, in April.
Oct 9, 2012 6:27 AM
Feb 2011
Dammit, Iori. She's my least favorite character but she's the only one who got me crying. Good character development right there. However, the fact that her struggles with her mom's second husband was the result of lack of communication made it seem a tad bit laughable. Her mom finally kicking out the guy was funny, though.

I wish Aoki's character didn't just focus on his love life. Other than Taichi he probably has it the easiest.
Oct 9, 2012 1:37 PM
Aug 2010
I think the entire show is just too amazing, not only the latest episode. If this would've been the last episode, it would have ruined all. Mostly because I really hope that they explain this whole Heartseed thing, where it has come and where it'll end.
Oct 10, 2012 6:51 AM

Jan 2010
Eh, that was ok, I guess. I'm honestly quite disappointed with how this show turned out to be. The beginning of this arc was honestly more fun to watch... I thought it had a lot of potential but didn't quite get there, and this sentence summons up my feelings regardind this anime in general.

Don't get me wrong, it's kind of a nice diversion, but just like SAO's anime there is so much untapped potential here. I mean, the premise is really interesting. The diabolus ex machina guy doing things for shits and giggles with the group and messing with them sounds really fun on paper, but the execution of the idea was lacking IMO. In the end nothing really interesting is done with this premise aside from cheap melodrama which I couldn't get invested because the writing wasn't very compelling at all. Sometimes I would roll my eyes and hope the scene would end so we could finally move on. The characters were ok, none of them irritated me or something, but they're just that: adequate, nothing more to make them stand out. Inaban is the only exception and the only character I truly liked, but the rest of them didn't make me care very much... The fact that I'm tired of characters like Taichi may have helped with that.

It could have been an amazing show but it just settled in being average like so many others. 6/10, maybe I'll change it to a 7 if the remaining episodes are really good.
Oct 10, 2012 5:34 PM
May 2011
"I was willing to put up with him to make you happy."

"No, I was willing to put up with him to make you happy."

lolwut
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

294 by _untitled »»
Feb 17, 3:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.