Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2012 6:15 AM
Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was so bad... No wonder nobody ever subbed this....
rosternSep 29, 2012 6:19 AM
Sep 29, 2012 7:33 AM

Aug 2007
rostern said:

You obviously have no ounce of understanding to the meaning of the OVA. To truly understand, you need to see Yoh Shomei's artwork - this was animated to express some of the feelings he portrayed in his work. I have a feeling you haven't read the synopsis that is here on MAL either.

It was not subtitled until now, by myself and my team because it's part of the Ga-nime collection. A DVD-only set of exclusive original content by some of the best and well-known Japanese artists, directors, and producers. Some others we have subtitled include Yoshitaka Amano's (the man behind many illustrations for the Final Fantasy game franchise) Tori no Uta and Fantascope ~tylostoma~ OVAs.

The OVAs require a high degree of Japanese knowledge in order to understand and convey the meaning true to how the animation was made in the first place. Likewise, the English translation has to convey the meaning in that form as well. To end, I just want to say that, read the synopsis at least once or get to know what you are going to watch before downloading it. Ga-nime are only targeted towards people that know about it (the artists, directors, and producers involved), not your every day anime or manga fan.

P.S. For a background on the Ga-nime terminology, read: http://celestialkitsune.wordpress.com/2008/12/03/its-not-manga-its-not-anime-its-ga-nime/
Team Leader & Manager of ray=out.
A non-profit independent Japanese and Chinese anime/manga translation and subtitle provider.
http://rayout.org/ - Browse through our site to get to know us better.
Sep 29, 2012 9:48 AM
Oct 2008
alchemist11 said:
rostern said:

You obviously have no ounce of understanding to the meaning of the OVA. To truly understand, you need to see Yoh Shomei's artwork - this was animated to express some of the feelings he portrayed in his work. I have a feeling you haven't read the synopsis that is here on MAL either.

It was not subtitled until now, by myself and my team because it's part of the Ga-nime collection. A DVD-only set of exclusive original content by some of the best and well-known Japanese artists, directors, and producers. Some others we have subtitled include Yoshitaka Amano's (the man behind many illustrations for the Final Fantasy game franchise) Tori no Uta and Fantascope ~tylostoma~ OVAs.

The OVAs require a high degree of Japanese knowledge in order to understand and convey the meaning true to how the animation was made in the first place. Likewise, the English translation has to convey the meaning in that form as well. To end, I just want to say that, read the synopsis at least once or get to know what you are going to watch before downloading it. Ga-nime are only targeted towards people that know about it (the artists, directors, and producers involved), not your every day anime or manga fan.

P.S. For a background on the Ga-nime terminology, read: http://celestialkitsune.wordpress.com/2008/12/03/its-not-manga-its-not-anime-its-ga-nime/

Okey, thanks for the info, but I will probably understand this as I'm not into art. Also even if I quite hated this,(maybe, because I had no clue what it was about) I have respect towards everyone else's opinion
Jul 13, 2013 7:32 AM
Oct 2010
I have to confess my love to most Ga-Nime. They are all unique, each in their own way - even the ones that are not my cup of tea. And I'm sure each Ga-Nime requires A LOT of time, efforts and creativity - much more than most of usual TV series (though they consume, too). BUT Ga-Nime are different. They are like handmade masterpieces compared to mass production...
As for You Shoumei Bijutsukan Line, I liked it. It was a bit too slow-paced for me (I'm not used to meditation), but I loved the color matching. White, yellow and lots, lots of blue (which is my favorite color). The color of endless sky and water.
And yep, I'm into this very artstyle. It's gorgeous.
Oct 29, 2013 6:55 PM

Jan 2010
Watching this was like doing yoga: I feel profoundly calm and at ease. Time to listen to some metal.
Nov 6, 2014 2:31 PM

Apr 2013
As a film student graduate, I was pleased with the filming, it's beautiful to look at because it's just so minimalistic. Using contrasts and lighting with many of the scenes being white is not an easy task, but it's just so cool to see here. And the framing of these shots... man, if I had known of this sooner...

The art's beautiful, too. I should look up more of Yoh Shomei's art, there's something really special and calming about how it's all laid out.
Dec 29, 2021 7:58 AM
Mar 2020
alchemist11 said:
rostern said:

Have you subtitled other ga-nime as well? There are some that looked interesting but I couldn't find anywhere, like Neko Machi and Eko Eko Azarak.
Feb 1, 2023 10:24 AM
Mar 2019
FirstNamLastNam said:
alchemist11 said:

Have you subtitled other ga-nime as well? There are some that looked interesting but I couldn't find anywhere, like Neko Machi and Eko Eko Azarak.

Here's an upload of Eko Eko Azarak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJseEQErU40
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.