Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2012 1:07 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Looks like Baron's arm healed heh.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 25, 2015 10:57 PM

Aug 2012
Burford's death scene seems tonally confused to me. It clearly wants to be a sentimental moment but the injection of "jokes" like that "Pluck" thing ruins the mood (which wasn't great to begin with but that's a different set of problems). It's presence in what was mostly a serious sequence is awkward, not funny or beneficial to the scene.

David Pro Adaptation
Apr 10, 2016 3:13 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Well, that guy is gone...

4/5
May 7, 2016 5:22 AM

Aug 2014
"Just like a son talking to his mother"
10/10 commentary right there folks xD
KashKetchumMay 7, 2016 5:28 AM
Dec 18, 2017 9:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Now is the Tarkus tunr!!!!
Feb 11, 2018 6:37 AM

Dec 2015
Nice end for the chivalrous undead apart from the words play I didn't even get.
And funny demonstration of agility by Mr.Zeppeli.

3/5 "Just like a son facing his mother" killed me. Speedwagon has a way with words. XD
May 3, 2018 2:28 PM

Feb 2017
The sword part confused me too.
May 21, 2018 1:29 PM

Dec 2015
Rest in peace Bruford. Time for the other guy!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 5, 2018 9:33 PM

May 2016
Bruford's death scene was surprisingly a lot more tragic here than the first time I saw it because he really made a point to show himself as a noble warrior devoid of hatred once he was freed from Dio. I thought that him handing over the Sword of Luck and Pluck was really cheesy but now I saw it as a great emotional scene for some reason.

Bruford's shrapnel hit Zeppeli so hard in one possibility that it knocked the age and mustache out of him. Tarkus being a brute makes it more unlikely for him to revert to a noble personality if he even had one.

Dec 4, 2018 6:58 AM

Feb 2013
Bruford was a cool guy in the end.
Tarkus doesn't seem to be like him.
Sep 8, 2019 12:29 PM

Jun 2016
There are some cool things here, yet like last chapter Bruford’s conclusion didn’t do it for me. A big shock was that it was my understanding ripple energy hurt vampires and zombies. The very first time Jonathan hit Dio’s minion, the one that led them back to Windknights to begin with, he exclaimed how hot it was. I thought the inclusion of that was to say the fire of ripple energy burnt them but I guess that could have just been purely a descriptive term, even if it doesn't hurt he is burning up. So essentially, Bruford, with hamon surging through his body, started to remember his humanity, with pain coming back to him his human heart returned. Jonathan doing what he does best, having empathy and understanding, stood by as a display that he is no longer going to put up a fight. And by putting trust into Bruford he was able to die happy by fighting and meeting such a warm human. With this we see the horror of vampires and zombies, hamon both revives their human soul and kills them which got some tears out of Jonathan.

I enjoy the concept of Jonathan standing still as a protest to the fight and as a form of trust, I loved how Bruford dropped the great line “friend from 300 years later, tell me your name”, and I liked how Zeppeli, while in an incredibly dangerous situation, showed that he thought of all the possibilities and then decided to take the damage but disperse it. I thought Bruford creating a theme of Jonathan carrying those who have fallen around him with him, through his willpower, through his luck and through his pluck quite funny and charming. I even googled what pluck means and google tells me it’s “spirited and determined courage” which makes sense. These are but more northern winds to strengthen Jonathan’s valor. The shame of that concept is that Jonathan is already so insanely strong and determined that I feel like he doesn't need this kind of experience to be powerful. He may not be all powerful in the world of hamon but by constantly skirting this line of “always being in danger” but always coming out on top at the last second and never showing weakness it certainly feels like I should never doubt that he will find a way. With or without this added luck and pluck.

As for Tarkus, I was questioning why he wasn't attacking Speedwagon and Zeppeli. He showed moments of observing the fight or he seemed he mad when Speedwagon called Bruford pathetic. Perhaps he was choosing not to partake in this, was a thought I had. My first thought when he crushed his friends last remains was that it was anger coming out before sadness, he was so mad that Bruford lost and died and that's how he showed it. But I don't know if it will go that path. Interested to see what is done with him.

Lastly, I feel if Bruford was able to be a good guy after what happened to him then it could count as another example as to why Dio is more nature instead of nurtured evil.
Nov 24, 2019 2:27 AM
Jul 2018
At the very end Jonathan & Bruford shared a bizarre friendship. Tarkus doesn't seem so nice though.

Also Speedwagon's lines get more and more ridiculous.
Jan 29, 2021 6:02 AM

Sep 2011
Speedwagon being as ridiculous as ever. And that Luck/Pluck thing was hilarious. lol

Now it's time to face Tarkus.
Oct 1, 2021 11:33 AM

Aug 2021
Tarkus is so badass ....I like him
Nov 12, 2023 6:09 AM

Apr 2020
One more nuisance to go

More topics from this board

» Debunking Araki Forgot by Hamon Beat

animalia - Apr 11

0 by animalia »»
Apr 11, 12:24 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 1 Discussion

accela - Sep 1, 2009

33 by Yassinecss »»
Mar 14, 6:47 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 7 Discussion

Alipio - Dec 19, 2010

20 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:38 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 5 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 23, 2009

31 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:35 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 4 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 23, 2009

26 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.