Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2008 8:07 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Crow = love. <3

That is all.
Oct 27, 2008 1:18 PM

Sep 2007
Crow looks like he will be a fun character.

Loved the Godwin stuff. He's making a fine transition from antagonist to anti-hero.
Oct 29, 2008 1:53 PM
May 2008
I like Crow. Thought I wouldn't but did :P It's really nice how everytime I see the previews I'm doubting more characters will fit with what I already like and then they do.

I'm still confused about the 5th signer, I already thought Godwin was him since he said all signers were at the stadium during the Fortune Cup and we had seen (what I thought was) his arm with the birthmark inside some kind of capsule, now he keeps on implying the misterious wherabouts of the person.
Dec 7, 2008 2:31 PM

Sep 2008
Crow turns out to be a cool character, the d-wheel he uses it's preety cool!!

Jun 6, 2009 5:58 PM

Jul 2008
one turn kill, excellent pwn; carly was pretty funny at the end there, she thinks she just won in a love triangle, lol; also we got to see all the dragons, including the one that belongs to the last signer
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 16, 2015 9:13 AM

Nov 2010
So Godwin is one of the good guys? He reminded me of Saiou from GX somehow, talking about destiny all the time.
May 16, 2015 2:51 PM

Apr 2013
Like how Crow sees the lasers and just decides to make a run for it lol. He has a pretty bad-ass looking D Wheeler that can apparently fly a bit.

I thought Carly was supposed to be living in her car, so where were she and Jack? .-.

No idea what to think of Godwin. I thought he was the one with the 5th birthmark, but apparently he's not the 5th signer. Maybe I mis-watched the epsode the crimson dragon appeared.

And now Crow and Yusei randomly meet.
Aug 30, 2016 6:48 AM

Jul 2008
Holy crap a 1 turn KO. Crow is a badass.
Nov 2, 2019 4:23 PM

Nov 2016
Those were some juicy infos. The concept is nothing extraordinary, but I have a thing for these type plots.

And Crow is a pretty cool guy, wouldn't surprise me if he's the 5th Signer. In fact it's very likely.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 25, 2021 11:01 PM

Aug 2019
First of all, I'm not fond of Crow at all. If I remember right someone who worked for the anime admitted that he was basically a case of corporate meddling and meant to promote the Blackwing cards. Then he just kind of overstayed his welcome. His duel here was proof enough that he was meant to make the Blackwing archetype seem cool. It also sucks that the guy he dueled had three generically good Trap Cards that were beaten by Crow because he's got plot armor. Sigh.

Moving on, I thought that Goodwin's explanation was ridiculous. He basically admitted his real intentions but he should've just done that from the start instead of manipulating Yusei and taking people hostage. Yusei would've helped fight the Dark Signers even without being threatened. Also I wish that they'd stop mentioning Kaiba Corp since they keep name dropping it but it never plays an active part in 5D's.

Lastly, I really hate that Life Stream Dragon was supposed to be the fifth Signer Dragon and then got ignored and eventually retconned. Seeing it in Ruka's dream in this episode made it clear that the writers had to change Rua's character arc and it was almost definitely because of Crow's introduction and his role later on. Oh and I forgot to rant about Mikage; gosh she annoys me. Her one-sided infatuation with Jack reminds me of Sakura's crush on Sasuke from Naruto. It's sickening to watch.
Early_MorningNov 25, 2021 11:20 PM
Oct 13, 2022 11:18 AM

Jan 2020
Finally, Crow. I'm not a fan of Blackwing cards, but I remember them being a super popular deck. I guess the post above this clarifies that. They were pushing Blackwings on purpose, eh? I think they succeeded in that endeavor then.

I can't believe how stacked this cops' field is and yet Crow somehow just gets a OTK. This is generally why I didn't care for Blackwings. They just seemed cheap and uninspired.

After Goodwin's explanation probably would've been a good time for Goodwin to fortify Yusei's deck with some new cards. Where's Starlight Road? ಠ_ಠ

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 140 Discussion

Ozelot - Dec 26, 2010

13 by KrabbeKage21 »»
Mar 28, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 154 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Mar 30, 2011

81 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 4, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 151 Discussion

Hoppy - Mar 9, 2011

33 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 3, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 150 Discussion

Hoppy - Mar 2, 2011

30 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 3, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 149 Discussion

Hoppy - Feb 23, 2011

19 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 3, 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.