Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 25, 2008 5:36 PM
Aug 2007
Today, website Hobby Channel published an interview with the cast and producer of Tsubasa Shunraiki.

Translated quotes can be found at chibiyuuto's Livejournal.

Here's a rough translation of the OVA's synopsis:

Fye's past is concluded in Celes country. Kurogane sacrifices his arm in order to escape from Fei Wang's trap and they finally reach Nihon Country. There, Syaoran strikes a battle with Seishirou for Sakura's feather. The fight for the feather brings Syaoran inside the "Dream World", where "the other Syaoran" awaits! What is the shocking truth brought by the outcome of the unavoidable battle?

So, the new OVA will be about Celes and Nihon, with the main focus on Nihon. Apparently, they are either skipping Infinity or heavily skimping on it.

Thoughts?
Oct 25, 2008 5:43 PM

Mar 2007
I haven't read the manga, only watched the anime and OAVs, so it makes absolutely no difference to me if they decide to skip some arcs. The story is complicated enough, right now I just want an ENDING. I want to see how the characters turn out.
Oct 25, 2008 11:48 PM
Sep 2008
Infinity cannot be skipped that easily, there is too much background story in it. But I am glad to see that the OVAs will continue the story, not just randomly add fanservice. And no more Bee Train, yay!
algelic said:
I haven't read the manga, only watched the anime and OAVs, so it makes absolutely no difference to me if they decide to skip some arcs. The story is complicated enough, right now I just want an ENDING. I want to see how the characters turn out.

You did not read the manga, Nihon arc will make everything still more complicated. The whole thing is still far away from being finished. And CLAMP wants to end the manga (also xxxHolic) next year, but I am not so sure about this XD
Oct 26, 2008 2:51 AM

Mar 2008
Without infinity, I don't know how they are going to explain the reasons why they travelled to Celes and Nihon in the first place so I don't think they will skip it entirely. Either way I'm getting excited about the OAD. Production I.G. did a good job with the fight scenes last OAD so I can't wait to see more of the same.
Oct 27, 2008 10:30 AM

Jul 2007
Ohkawa.... i hate you T_T

NIHON?

THAT NIHON?

SERIOUSLY?...

/mewants mah Infinity & Celes

/me begins to wonder on if he will even watch this oad, since Nihon was a pile of boredom fading in contrast to Celes and Infinity.
Oct 28, 2008 2:34 PM

Apr 2007
Celes is far better than Nihon so WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?!?! What was so great about Nihon anyway? I'm really disappointed that my favorite (and imo the best) arc so far won't be fully animated T_T
Nov 5, 2008 6:23 PM

Mar 2008
I want to see Tomoyo again!

Anyway the story sounds very intresting I'll be looking forward to it.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Nov 18, 2008 6:08 PM

Feb 2008
But they HAVE to keep Infinity! *agrees with co_flame*....if they cut out the bite scene, someone's gonna DIE!...lol
Though I'm wondering....how exactly are they going to manage to put Celes AND Nihon into just 2 episodes without butchering it? Tokyo took up three....
akane_chanNov 18, 2008 6:12 PM
Nov 22, 2008 11:07 AM

Jul 2007
akane_chan said:
Though I'm wondering....how exactly are they going to manage to put Celes AND Nihon into just 2 episodes without butchering it? Tokyo took up three....

Easy...they are only going to put in Nihon...

Now I would understand if they wanted to create an "end last ova" of sorts with it, but the very fact that Ohkawa and director of Shunraiki AGREED that if it sells good we will get continuation(ie the latter arcs), makes taking out Celes and Infinity POINTLESS.

Not to mention that this is supposed to be the big "connects to holic OVAs" stuff. INFINITY and CELES had a lot more connections to holic with the whole dreamworld, while Nihon had what? two scenes?

IMO they still have time - if they want to save themselves from angry fans, they should better scrap idea of using Nihon and create two OVAs based on Infinity.
Nov 25, 2008 12:39 AM
Sep 2008
Why are they skipping the Infinity arc, that has a lot of plot development. And Celes is also crucial. Nihon is a bit of a calm and anti-climax chapter. There should be more shocking revelations to come and we're missing many crucial ones. I hope CLAMP know what they're doing.
Nov 27, 2008 6:41 PM
Mar 2008
Very horrible! They can't skip Infinity! That arc was so exciting + it has a lot of the plot line. How are they going to go to Nihon if they skip the Infinity arc??? I hope Clamp has this under control...
Anyways, still cant wait!
Dec 24, 2008 12:05 AM

Aug 2008
Fai said:
Ohkawa.... i hate you T_T

NIHON?

THAT NIHON?

SERIOUSLY?...

/mewants mah Infinity & Celes

/me begins to wonder on if he will even watch this oad, since Nihon was a pile of boredom fading in contrast to Celes and Infinity.
Ditto... I also hate Ohkawa sometimes ehehehe... Yeah I suppose that Nihon... Too bad for us they're trying to stretch out the animation to 'boring' parts of the manga...

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2009 1:24 AM

Apr 2008
me want Infinity & Celes >.<
Or someones going to loose an eye!! xD
MinkJan 2, 2009 1:48 AM
Jan 4, 2009 1:37 AM

Mar 2008
yah, same here, i havent read the manga. ive only seen the show and the ova, so is this gonna continue from the part where they left off at in the Tokyo Revelations ova? i hope it does, that ova was sooo good, cant wait! ^__^
Jan 11, 2009 8:16 PM

Jul 2007
Hime_B said:
yah, same here, i havent read the manga. ive only seen the show and the ova, so is this gonna continue from the part where they left off at in the Tokyo Revelations ova? i hope it does, that ova was sooo good, cant wait! ^__^

No, its going to skip two worlds crucial to storyline, skipping over entirety of Fai's past and character developments.

They are for some reason skipping about ~50 best chapters(which explain a lot about storyline and etc), hence the reason why most of those who have read the manga are pissed off.
Jan 25, 2009 12:03 AM

Jan 2009
Okay people, Infinity was a good arc, I'll admit it but Celes and Nihon were far better. They had more plot development, action, and character development.

clamp-fan said:
Why are they skipping the Infinity arc, that has a lot of plot development. And Celes is also crucial. Nihon is a bit of a calm and anti-climax chapter. There should be more shocking revelations to come and we're missing many crucial ones. I hope CLAMP know what they're doing.

What are you talking about? Nihon was the most chaotic arc after the Tokyo arc!!!

Fai said:
No, its going to skip two worlds crucial to storyline, skipping over entirety of Fai's past and character developments.

They are for some reason skipping about ~50 best chapters(which explain a lot about storyline and etc), hence the reason why most of those who have read the manga are pissed off.

The story line is also supposed to cover Celes as well, so Fai's past should be summed up.

50 chapters????? Tokyo Revelations was concluded at chapter 135, and Celes was introduced at chapter 154. So the ova will be skipping 19 chapters, not 50!!

Jan 25, 2009 12:21 PM

Jul 2007
FlamingDogs said:

50 chapters????? Tokyo Revelations was concluded at chapter 135, and Celes was introduced at chapter 154. So the ova will be skipping 19 chapters, not 50!!

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT DOING CELES.

The desc, notes and everything says it clearly - the Shunruiki starts with all of them arriving FROM Celes to Nihon. We won't see Celes.

Ffs, the whole length of ova will be two episodes, 20 mins each, there's not enough LENGTH to include Celes.

So yes, they are skipping both Infinity and Celes for the utterly uninteresting boredom of Nihon. Seriously the only interesting scene in the whole world was "dissolving petals" moment. Everything else was mingled piece of meh.
AhenshihaelJan 25, 2009 12:25 PM
Jan 26, 2009 7:28 AM

Jan 2009
]
Fai said:
FlamingDogs said:

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT DOING CELES.

The desc, notes and everything says it clearly - the Shunruiki starts with all of them arriving FROM Celes to Nihon. We won't see Celes.

Ffs, the whole length of ova will be two episodes, 20 mins each, there's not enough LENGTH to include Celes.

So yes, they are skipping both Infinity and Celes for the utterly uninteresting boredom of Nihon. Seriously the only interesting scene in the whole world was "dissolving petals" moment. Everything else was mingled piece of meh.

I would like to know where you're getting your sources... What are these desk notes and this "everything" you speak of?

Nihon can be summed up within one episode presumably, it wasn't that long and can have a lot of passage cut. Celes can be summed up within half an episode, no more than one. So two ova's would be enough to cover Celes and Nihon. I mean I don't think Production I.G is going to focus their time on the details but rather the main story.
Jan 26, 2009 5:24 PM

Jul 2007
FlamingDogs said:

I would like to know where you're getting your sources... What are these desk notes and this "everything" you speak of?

HOw about the fact that cast commentary goes on all about Nihon events, without even onenote about Celes?

Or how about that holic OVA does NOT cover the Celes dreamworld crossovers and instead has the "clone arrives to dreamworld" used in first OVA, as indicated by the pre-screening?

Or how about the fact that none of character designs cover Celes?

Or how about the fact that Celes is freaking long arc?

FlamingDogs said:

Nihon can be summed up within one episode presumably, it wasn't that long and can have a lot of passage cut. Celes can be summed up within half an episode, no more than one. So two ova's would be enough to cover Celes and Nihon. I mean I don't think Production I.G is going to focus their time on the details but rather the main story.

Riiiight.
Well, that can only be summed up as being delusional.

I am certainly hoping that you are joking, since Fai's flashbacks would take up an entire OVA episode on their own.

I mean, even Tokyo, could only be stuffed into THREE ova episodes. And ONLY after they have cut 3 scenes out completely and shortened the dialog a LOT.

Considering what a talk-fest is Nihon, I am wondering on HOW they will even manage to fit it into only two OVA episodes.
Jan 27, 2009 6:56 AM
Sep 2008
FlamingDogs said:
Okay people, Infinity was a good arc, I'll admit it but Celes and Nihon were far better. They had more plot development, action, and character development.

clamp-fan said:

What are you talking about? Nihon was the most chaotic arc after the Tokyo arc!!!

Fai said:

The story line is also supposed to cover Celes as well, so Fai's past should be summed up.

I don't appreciate someone quoting me about a story arc not being anti-climaix when actually its my opinion and secondly Nihon is very bland compared to Infinity and Celes. The only thing that makes it shocking is the revelation about Sakura.
Jan 27, 2009 7:02 AM
Sep 2008
I know this sounds pathetic but, maybe CLAMP will come back to Infinity and Celes if the series continues to be a success. I wish CLAMP could finish the series by airing it. Surely it must not be that hard. They are a very popular and succesful group. What they could do is make a final third series with Tsubasa and xxxholic episodes.Fat chance though:(
Jan 27, 2009 7:38 AM

Jan 2009
clamp-fan said:
FlamingDogs said:

clamp-fan said:

Fai said:

I don't appreciate someone quoting me about a story arc not being anti-climaix when actually its my opinion and secondly Nihon is very bland compared to Infinity and Celes. The only thing that makes it shocking is the revelation about Sakura.

But like most people on these forums, I'll chalenge your opinion :D

I still don't see why you think Nihon was bland compared to the other arcs. The arc consisted of

- Seishirou fighting Fai, and Real Syaoran (Real Syaoran's fight was epic).

- Real Syaoran going into Princess Sakura's dream.

- Real Syaoran fighting Clone Syaoran, which was completely brutal and devestating. The Clone was fighting with amazing magic while the Real Syaoran was fighting with the most magic he's ever faught with.

- Real, and Clone Syaoran killing Clone Sakura's soul.

- Clone Sakura revealing her love for Clone Syaoran

- Clone Syaoran showing the most emotion he's ever shown in the series.

Theres also a lot more, I just don't want to list every little detail.

So how can you tell me Nihon was bland??????? It's not just opinion, the most out of the series (besides Tokyo Revelations) happened in Nihon...that's a fact, not an opinion.
Jan 28, 2009 2:29 AM

Jul 2007
FlamingDogs said:

"Bonus Level"
"Special Boss appears"
Seishiro: Congratulations, Syaoran! you just unlocked a secret challenge fight!

^
Bassically a filler fight just to buy a little bit of time, since there's nothing to do in the world.
They could have done a cool "Nihon is almost overrun by monsters" plot, with trc characters struggling through all of that, but no. They chose the most boring way of "peaceful place and random encounters".

Seishiro fight there made as much sense as if that was:

"And then Nataku appears to fight Tomoyo and Sakura.

FlamingDogs said:

Nothing interesting in that. Just an usual set up for fight against clone and the series and all of the fans could have lived with that scene being shortened A LOT, since the only good point about Dreamworld design is that its easy to draw...

FlamingDogs said:

- Real Syaoran fighting Clone Syaoran, which was completely brutal and devestating. The Clone was fighting with amazing magic while the Real Syaoran was fighting with the most magic he's ever faught with.

Brutal? Nope.
As clamp-fan said - the only interesting bits were
. Everything else was meh

And yet Tokyo or the current arc totally tops the "devastating fight". Hell Even Infinity Cyborg fight was more intense than this.

FlamingDogs said:

The only interesting and atmospheric thing of that world. Not worth to give priority over Infinity or Celes, where everything (surprise, surprise) was completely intense and interesting as opposed to one two page spread.

FlamingDogs said:

*facepalm*...

FlamingDogs said:

Good moment but it does not even compare to emotional scenes of Sakura, R!Syaoran, Fai, Kurogane, Ashura in Celes and Infinity...

FlamingDogs said:

There's nothing more. You just summed up an entire boring arc.

FlamingDogs said:

So how can you tell me Nihon was bland??????? It's not just opinion, the most out of the series (besides Tokyo Revelations) happened in Nihon...that's a fact, not an opinion.

Nothing happened on Nihon, except for petals scene.

Nihon:
Character development? One page of Kurogane's true name and the roof scene. End.
Action? Random "Boss is here...not yet" fights with only one intense moment - the petals scene.
Storyline - "FWR is in ____" & "Sorry, Mario. The princess is in the another castle" sums it up perfectly.

Infinity:
Character Development? Entire world for Sakura and Fai
Action? Cyborg fight easily tops Nihon in everything.
Storyline? Advanced a lot in all the directions, from main plot to Fai, Celes, Sakura and FWR.

Celes? Don't make me start on it, as it tops the entire first half of manga in everything.
Jan 28, 2009 8:22 AM

Jan 2009
Fai said:

"Bonus Level"
"Special Boss appears"
Seishiro: Congratulations, Syaoran! you just unlocked a secret challenge fight!

^
Bassically a filler fight just to buy a little bit of time, since there's nothing to do in the world.
They could have done a cool "Nihon is almost overrun by monsters" plot, with trc characters struggling through all of that, but no. They chose the most boring way of "peaceful place and random encounters".

Seishiro fight there made as much sense as if that was:

"And then Nataku appears to fight Tomoyo and Sakura.

That was my favorite fight threw out the entire series...and WHAT!?!?!?! Lol a filler, I don't think you know the definition of a filler then. Don't use publicity as definitions.

Fai said:
Nothing interesting in that. Just an usual set up for fight against clone and the series and all of the fans could have lived with that scene being shortened A LOT, since the only good point about Dreamworld design is that its easy to draw...

I'm an obsessive fan and I couldn't live without that scene, that part was amazing, and by far one of my favorite fighting scenes in the story. I go to an anime club at school, and some of their favorite parts of the series were in Nihon. And just because it was easier than others to draw doesn't mean it wasn't as amazing as other scenes.

Fai said:
Brutal? Nope.
As clamp-fan said - the only interesting bits were

Sakura's petal scene and Kyle's entrance
. Everything else was meh

And yet Tokyo or the current arc totally tops the "devastating fight". Hell Even Infinity Cyborg fight was more intense than this.

That was a calm scene, but it was good. It was a way to suppress all the chaos that was happening at the time being.

Fai said:
*facepalm*...

You know, if you didn't want a romantic manga then I don't know why you even started to read this manga in the first place!?!?! At the moment, yes romance is a sub-genre, but in the beginning romance was the main genre. The beginning showed two people who obviously loved each other, but were oblivious to the other feelings. So some big thing happened, like all manga needs, and the two (with others) go on a heart filled journey to help the princess gain her memory's and live again. But at the same time Syaoran is suffering. The first 100 chapters were about this, and now you face palm yourself to the very thought of romance happening????

Fai said:
Good moment but it does not even compare to emotional scenes of Sakura, R!Syaoran, Fai, Kurogane, Ashura in Celes and Infinity...

I only saw tragic sad emotion in Celes, and while yes; Celes was a wonderful world full of emotion, Nihon had a bit more. The emotion that carries on from the start of the series was twisting and forming a new entity in the Nihon arc.

Fai said:
There's nothing more. You just summed up an entire boring arc.

Umm I can name a lot more...for instance Kurogane's new arm...or Fai's vampyric fight.

Fai said:
Nothing happened on Nihon, except for petals scene.

Nihon:
Character development? One page of Kurogane's true name and the roof scene. End.
Action? Random "Boss is here...not yet" fights with only one intense moment - the petals scene.
Storyline - "FWR is in ____" & "Sorry, Mario. The princess is in the another castle" sums it up perfectly.

Infinity:
Character Development? Entire world for Sakura and Fai
Action? Cyborg fight easily tops Nihon in everything.
Storyline? Advanced a lot in all the directions, from main plot to Fai, Celes, Sakura and FWR.

Celes? Don't make me start on it, as it tops the entire first half of manga in everything.

Ha that's funny. You may enjoy another world more, you may think Nihon sucked, but regardless...Nihon had the most plot development in it. Celes...I'm sorry had little. We already knew, and it was already in place from the beginning...about Fai. So this curse, and Asura wasn't plot development but rather a wrap up. While Nihon has tons...and even if it wasn't enjoyable to you...it still held the majority of plot development (besides Tokyo Revelations) in the series.
dumbasshole69Jan 28, 2009 8:25 AM
Jan 28, 2009 2:30 PM

Jul 2007
FlamingDogs said:

That was my favorite fight threw out the entire series...and WHAT!?!?!?! Lol a filler, I don't think you know the definition of a filler then. Don't use publicity as definitions.

Favorite fight....really?...Even "Bunny world" was way more atmospheric and devastating than that.

And yes, filler, as in sense of filling the space between relevant plot moments. The term is not restricted with adaptations

FlamingDogs said:

I'm an obsessive fan and I couldn't live without that scene, that part was amazing, and by far one of my favorite fighting scenes in the story. I go to an anime club at school, and some of their favorite parts of the series were in Nihon. And just because it was easier than others to draw doesn't mean it wasn't as amazing as other scenes.

And what did entrance and the whole time wasting there had to do with Clone-Real fight?

FlamingDogs said:

That was a calm scene, but it was good. It was a way to suppress all the chaos that was happening at the time being.

"Calm" fight? LOL. Maybe thats why this arc was boring? No intensity, no big plot relevance.

FlamingDogs said:

You know, if you didn't want a romantic manga then I don't know why you even started to read this manga in the first place!?!?! At the moment, yes romance is a sub-genre, but in the beginning romance was the main genre. The beginning showed two people who obviously loved each other, but were oblivious to the other feelings. So some big thing happened, like all manga needs, and the two (with others) go on a heart filled journey to help the princess gain her memory's and live again. But at the same time Syaoran is suffering. The first 100 chapters were about this, and now you face palm yourself to the very thought of romance happening????

No i facepalm the very thought that C!Sakura being Mr.Obvious was in some way shocking or something. Yes, it was sad, but in no way as sad as her scene in Infinity.

And lol@ "romance manga main genre" definition. Except for usual CLAMP romance elements, TRC always was devined as "shounen, action, drama, fantasy". If you want thousands of romance scenes instead of story, then go look for some shoujo type stories.
Yes there is romance in trc, but it is only one of lots of story-driving elements out there

FlamingDogs said:

I only saw tragic sad emotion in Celes, and while yes; Celes was a wonderful world full of emotion, Nihon had a bit more. The emotion that carries on from the start of the series was twisting and forming a new entity in the Nihon arc.

Nihon was emotionless. There were many things they could have done with Nihon that they did not do. Instead it was happy boring arc which, while having some brilliant moments, lasted for way too long...Nihon had nothing of TRC atmosphere.

FlamingDogs said:

Umm I can name a lot more...for instance Kurogane's new arm...or Fai's vampyric fight.

one panel of arm. oh wow, what a plot development.
Fai's vamp fight? When did that happen? Oh you mean when he showed off his nails against Seishiro? Well, it had totally no relevance, since everything we saw there, we already knew. OIt might as well be taken out in OADs for the sake of time saving.

FlamingDogs said:
Ha that's funny. You may enjoy another world more, you may think Nihon sucked, but regardless...Nihon had the most plot development in it. Celes...I'm sorry had little. We already knew, and it was already in place from the beginning...about Fai. So this curse, and Asura wasn't plot development but rather a wrap up. While Nihon has tons...and even if it wasn't enjoyable to you...it still held the majority of plot development (besides Tokyo Revelations) in the series.

Thats a really biased opinion.

Everything in Celes was major plot development. It DEFINED Fai's character, It DEFINED Ashura, It DEFINED Kurogane. The whole world was the reason why we can understand the motivations of those three characters.

It had atmospheric sadness, with the sad sacrifice of Ashura, it had lots of plot moments, including Dreamworld and the advancement of the main story.

It had amazing titanic fight scenes and brilliant sad plot twist you never expected to happen.

Nihon had...petals, true name and Kyle scenes. thats all the development we had there. Not to mention that the whole Nihon arc was too predictable for my own liking.
Jan 28, 2009 5:09 PM

Jan 2009
Fai said:
Favorite fight....really?...Even "Bunny world" was way more atmospheric and devastating than that.

And yes, filler, as in sense of filling the space between relevant plot moments. The term is not restricted with adaptations

It was an uh-mazing fight, and yes my favorite. Fillers are canon plots made to gap an anime from it’s main story line so the manga artist can further the manga from the anime.

Fai said:
And what did entrance and the whole time wasting there had to do with Clone-Real fight?

I don’t quite get what you’re saying.

Fai said:
"Calm" fight? LOL. Maybe thats why this arc was boring? No intensity, no big plot relevance.

I said calm scene, not fight. The fight was chaotic, and the sad scene was made to calm the chaos down. This arc was very exciting, though that’s only based on opinion. To me this was my favorite arc, due to it’s revealing plot and crazy fights. Maybe that’s why Production I.G is basing some of their OAV on Nihon, because it was an incredible arc.

Fai said:
No i facepalm the very thought that C!Sakura being Mr.Obvious was in some way shocking or something. Yes, it was sad, but in no way as sad as her scene in Infinity.

And lol@ "romance manga main genre" definition. Except for usual CLAMP romance elements, TRC always was devined as "shounen, action, drama, fantasy". If you want thousands of romance scenes instead of story, then go look for some shoujo type stories.
Yes there is romance in trc, but it is only one of lots of story-driving elements out there

It wasn’t quite obvious. And it was sad, her most important person died, that was by far the saddest scene in the story. I’m sure if your mom died that would be the saddest point in your life, not your soul going into another world.

Tsubasa Chronicles has romance in it’s genre, and every single anime site, EVERY SINGLE anime site states that. It was originally the main genre, as the first 100 chapters of the story was based on Clone Syaoran trying to save Princess Sakura. Now after that, romance has sub-sided as a sub-genre…though now it’s starting to hit me…maybe it’s still a main genre. I Real Syaoran is trying to save Princess Sakura right now because he loves her, and that is the main plot of the story now. Yes romance has always been a main part of TRC. That shouldn’t have to be argued with.

Fai said:
Nihon was emotionless. There were many things they could have done with Nihon that they did not do. Instead it was happy boring arc which, while having some brilliant moments, lasted for way too long...Nihon had nothing of TRC atmosphere.

Nihon was not emotionless; it actually contained the word “love” in it, the first time it was ever said in the story. Nihon lasted long?!?!?!?! You’ve got to be fucking kidding me. It last 14 chapters dude, one of the shortest arc’s in the story.

Fai said:
one panel of arm. oh wow, what a plot development.
Fai's vamp fight? When did that happen? Oh you mean when he showed off his nails against Seishiro? Well, it had totally no relevance, since everything we saw there, we already knew. OIt might as well be taken out in OADs for the sake of time saving.

The arm was shown throughout a couple of pages, and was talked about in almost an entire chapter.

It was an exciting scene, and the first time Fai fought with his vampyric blood.

Fai said:
Thats a really biased opinion.

Everything in Celes was major plot development. It DEFINED Fai's character, It DEFINED Ashura, It DEFINED Kurogane. The whole world was the reason why we can understand the motivations of those three characters.

It had atmospheric sadness, with the sad sacrifice of Ashura, it had lots of plot moments, including Dreamworld and the advancement of the main story.

It had amazing titanic fight scenes and brilliant sad plot twist you never expected to happen.

Nihon had...petals, true name and Kyle scenes. thats all the development we had there. Not to mention that the whole Nihon arc was too predictable for my own liking.

If didn’t define anything because Fai was already defined in the beginning. All it did was show the past…nothing more. It did show Asura dying, but he wasn’t a main character, so not much of a plot development, considering the story would be the same whether or not Asura was dead or alive. How did it define Kurogane? It didn’t define anything relevant of Kurogane.

Dreamworld? The dreamworld wasn’t introduced until he infinity arc and wasn’t shown until the Nihon arc. Their was no dreamworld in the Celes arc.

Their was nothing that showed any relevance to the Titanic and TRC. That was a stupid comparison, sorry, but it was a horrid one.

Nihon had plenty more than that. I don’t want to repeat myself, so just look at my previous posts if you want to know what I’m talking about.

It may had been predictable to you, but it sure wasn’t to most of it’s readers.
Oct 3, 2009 4:38 AM
Sep 2008
FlamingDogs said:
clamp-fan said:
FlamingDogs said:

clamp-fan said:

Fai said:

But like most people on these forums, I'll chalenge your opinion :D

I still don't see why you think Nihon was bland compared to the other arcs. The arc consisted of

Why am I always quoted, for goodness sake.I think Infinity is more chaotic than Nihon and Celes for that matter, what happens in Nihon, only everyone finds out Sakura is a clone. Nihon is a wonderful arc, but all I'm saying is CLAMP shouldn't really have skipped the Celes and Infinity arcs. But I guess they did it because of the cost or something. I still wish they could do a TV series, maybe a different company, does Beez actually have copyright or something that prevents them from doing it on TV or something. I don't know, but I would appreciate is if people stop qouting me as though my opinion as though I just said Tsubasa is rubbish or something. :(
Oct 3, 2009 11:07 AM
Sep 2008
I just wanted to say I wasn't reading the previous entires properly, I want to apologize Flaming Dogs. I thought people were picking on me or just being fussy but if people challenge opinions on forums it makes sense, I'm still new to forums, I think people try to make the person see the other side of the argument rather than have a go at them. :D Same goes for Fai
Jul 6, 2016 10:58 PM

Dec 2014
Which part of manga is being adapter.. I mean can you tell the chapters
Mar 15, 2018 12:12 AM
Mar 2018
ibraheem234 said:
Which part of manga is being adapter.. I mean can you tell the chapters

Well, this thread may be old, but i'll post anyway, to help those who stumble in here.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle anime is as follows:

Original Series - 2 Seasons, that adapted manga volumes 1-14 (from the beginning until Lecourt/Recoult arc/ch. 106), plus some fillers. The season 2 ending was also filler.

Movie - The Princess in the Birdcage Kingdom - which is an original story.

Now, some say that the reason the anime didn't go past volume 14 is because the story in the manga turned darker from the nice shounen fantasy it was in the first half. Thus the anime was made more "kid friendly", something that upset CLAMP. Season 3 was then cancelled and CLAMP cooperated with a new studio to make the continuation of the anime, resulting in:

Tokyo Revelations OVA, which adapted volumes 14-18 (107-135), and

Shunraiki OVA, which adapted volumes 22-23 (166-182). 2 arcs were skipped because they were too.. bloody (so they say).

The final arc, which spans between volumes 24-28, haven't been animated as well. So, to get the full story, one would need to read the manga.
Alpha_99Mar 15, 2018 12:21 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Shunraiki ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 21, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 21, 2023 3:00 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Spring Thunder Chronicles Episode 2

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 2:39 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa: Shunraiki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

abandonedaccount - Mar 17, 2009

91 by Skydis »»
Jan 11, 2023 8:18 PM

» What to whatch

Superstes - May 8, 2020

1 by MiMiXSheShe »»
Nov 16, 2021 2:28 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa: Shunraiki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 15, 2009

85 by Venom900 »»
Dec 15, 2016 9:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.