Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 27, 2012 11:45 AM

Mar 2011
i live alone , spend most of my free time alone sure chilling with the peeps is great but after half an hour people tend to get really irritating, and the sense of freedom you get is amazing i can litrally do as i please without restrictions
Sep 27, 2012 12:03 PM

Mar 2012
DeathCl0ck101 said:
I don't understand loneliness.

LOOKS LIKE WE GOT A BA-
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 27, 2012 12:08 PM

Feb 2009
I spend the smallest slice of the day 'with' people. And while I spend most of the day 'alone' I find that if I miss out on experiencing that puny slice of time with people, it sours the rest of the day.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Sep 27, 2012 12:34 PM
Jul 2012
Elsee said:
Loleatta said:
The only bad thing about it is that my parents think i am anti social. But i dont expect them to understand.

I feel your pain, my parents are exactly the same.

This
Sep 27, 2012 1:27 PM

Aug 2010
In my case, I started out by leaving home at 18 and being very social, I HAD 5 girlfriends one after the other for at least a year each and had a fantastic big wide social life all over north UK

But nowadays im 25, ive been betrayed/cheated too many times, too many friends were just 'pretending' to be friends because of my female friends, etc etc, ive just decided that its more peaceful and less dangerous to be alone. Its low risk, high return since I just work and then go home and relax in peace
METAL GEAR!?
Sep 27, 2012 4:56 PM

Sep 2012
i think its okay to have some time to chill by yourself but i cant stay by myself for to long i would get to bored plus i love having people around
I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world..
Sep 28, 2012 2:37 AM

Jun 2012
GoldenBRS said:
Elsee said:
Loleatta said:
The only bad thing about it is that my parents think i am anti social. But i dont expect them to understand.

I feel your pain, my parents are exactly the same.

This

oh you poor tortured souls....i think there a lot of people on this forum in serious need of some human contact. XD

XRSep 28, 2012 3:01 AM
Sep 28, 2012 2:50 AM

Aug 2012
What i hate is that my family is pushing me to go out with my old friends from childhood etc., but what they dont get is that i dont have anything in common with them anymore so theres nothing really interesting to talk with them about and the 3 years we havent really talked adds to it. Right now i'd prefer to make new friends or hang out with some of my friends i made in highschool and we still talk through facebook. Or better to find a gf and hang out with her all the time :P At least thats what im planning to do once im done with my army obligation.
Sep 28, 2012 2:59 AM

Jul 2011
it is good sometimes but sooner or later we get tired...
i am lonely too... =(
Sep 28, 2012 3:27 AM
Oct 2007
I am beyond loneliness and into the realms of a warped reality, who was I when I was alive?
Sep 28, 2012 3:59 AM
Dec 2011
I got so used to enjoying being alone it's hard for me to answer the phone and actually go out with my friends now. But it's because certain friends used to want me attached to there hip non stop hanging out, from the time school ended to a few hours before bed time than on weekends, it was ok sometimes but other it was like I NEED MY SPACE. But at the same time it got me out of the house which is really good even if you don't feel that way before you go out.

On the other hand I have also experienced a friend just like me if I didn't call she didn't call so we would go months without hanging out we liked our alone time and different friends, than she moved away and you realize how much that sucks and how you shouldn't take that alone time, because whenever the person goes you really know how alone you are.

All in all we like being alone or think we do because we haven't found that perfect person yet that when we finally meet we'll go how the hell did I enjoy being alone all those years?

Truthfully I enjoy being alone, and at the same time I wish I was more outgoing and willing to go go go instead of getting all anxiety ridden when someone called. The only reason I don't mind being alone is because I have a laptop and anime.. It keeps my mind occupied.

Anyways random babble! Wanna talk more message me!
This is all MY opinion no one else so don't get all rude thinking i'm speaking for everyone. I'm NOT
Sep 28, 2012 10:33 AM

Aug 2012
I don't care if I'm alone, It's more what people think of me when I am alone. I have many 'friends' and I can't think of anyone who actually would say they hate me, I probably am alone a lot because all of my irl friends don't have much in common with me, none of them watch anime they're all into sports and that which I'm not the best at haha. Although I'd rather spend my days with one person that I could love :P.
KouhaisSep 28, 2012 10:37 AM
Sep 28, 2012 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Loleatta said:
But if you were social you wouldn't be lonely.
Sep 28, 2012 10:54 AM

Feb 2010
mechaisntweeaboo said:
Loleatta said:
But if you were social you wouldn't be lonely.

First of all even a social person can be lonely if you throw them in a pit for 365 days for example.

Secondly anti-social still does not mean unsocial.

Lastly "But I don't expect them to understand" is YOUR problem and not theirs. Expect them to, and be pissed after they repeatedly don't only. Otherwise it just makes you sound like a brat to be honest.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 29, 2012 3:57 PM
Nov 2009
I enjoy my solitude.
Sep 29, 2012 4:04 PM

Jul 2011
Being alone... so what?

Atleast you don't get hurt by other person who calls you "friend"

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 29, 2012 6:18 PM

Jul 2012
Gaichi said:
Being alone... so what?

This. Got hurt way too many times by so called "friends".
Sep 29, 2012 6:24 PM
Jul 2012
ZooMas said:
Gaichi said:
Being alone... so what?

This. Got hurt way too many times by so called "friends".
Sep 29, 2012 6:30 PM

Jan 2012
Most of the time, I love being alone :) Its more relaxing...but I also enjoy being with my friends as well x)

Sep 29, 2012 6:41 PM

Sep 2012
I have lots of friends that i know from skateboarding and i can hang out with them if i want to but for a strange reason being alone feels way better for me, i dont know why but its way more satisfying for me to accomplish something in a game like getting a platinum trophy for ps3 for example then scoring a girl in real life at a party or something, i just know that most of my friends dont understand the feeling of achieving something in 'virtual life' because it doesn't increase your ''street cred'' or something like landing a new skate trick for example. so.... it just feels more rewarding to me for a strange reason i guess... I also go to the gym 3 times a weak and although my friends ask me to get with them i rather choose to go alone because i can just feel more at peace with myself ,i don't really know why though but i have always preferred to do things alone then with somebody else in the real world , i even prefer playing single player games then multiplayer games so i guess i just want to be a loner :P
Sep 29, 2012 8:07 PM
Sep 29, 2012 8:21 PM
Jun 2012
I always think that maybe being more social would be better, but i suck at talking to people, and like you said being alone feels like youre more free so I find it a bit less stressful. So simply,guess it's yes, i enjoy being alone.
Sep 29, 2012 10:19 PM

Jun 2012
I like being alone to a certain extent. It's not that I'm anti-social, because I'm friends with pretty much everyone, I just don't like being around people all the time, & I tend to get bored halfway through a conversation. Not really sure why...
"I'm gonna make you bleed like me!"
Characterization Society
Discord
Sep 29, 2012 11:00 PM

Sep 2011
I prefer being alone. I get worn out very quickly around people (I can handle a couple of hours before getting tired), and I can only do one-on-one conversations. Plus, noise bothers me, so the fewer people around the better. I do like having people nearby though just because I'm paranoid and don't want anything bad to happen while I'm alone.
Sep 29, 2012 11:07 PM

Jul 2012
Kuhle said:
I prefer being alone. I get worn out very quickly around people (I can handle a couple of hours before getting tired), and I can only do one-on-one conversations. Plus, noise bothers me, so the fewer people around the better. I do like having people nearby though just because I'm paranoid and don't want anything bad to happen while I'm alone.

Im almsot the opposite. I'm pretty awkward so one on one convos dont really work for me. I love Medium/ Large groups cause I have time to think about what Im going to say. That being said, I also can't stand being with people for a long time. There's a point where I want to be alone. But just being alone isn't good enough. there cannot be anybody around at all. If im alone, I want complete solitude because people just tend to get in the way. Especially when your trying to loose yourself in thought, and someone talks to you or something.
Sep 29, 2012 11:16 PM

Sep 2011
Bro-K201 said:
Im almsot the opposite. I'm pretty awkward so one on one convos dont really work for me. I love Medium/ Large groups cause I have time to think about what Im going to say. That being said, I also can't stand being with people for a long time. There's a point where I want to be alone. But just being alone isn't good enough. there cannot be anybody around at all. If im alone, I want complete solitude because people just tend to get in the way. Especially when your trying to loose yourself in thought, and someone talks to you or something.

I'm pretty awkward with one on one conversations, but when there's more than that I feel like I'm left out of the conversation entirely. I don't mind large groups since I prefer listening rather than talking, as long as I'm not forced to participate in the conversation. I actually like large groups of people as background noise because it's less distracting than one or two people making noise though, but I also like complete solitude because of the silence.
Sep 30, 2012 9:24 AM

Aug 2009
I like being alone. It's just a simple fact. Yesterday, I went out on this bike path that goes on for about a mile with neat little side paths you can take if you think you can handle them (because one I took was really REALLY steep and I had to sit down after going back uphill). It was so great, and I've never really been a nature person before, but I would definitely go again on a day I have free.

But when I told my dad about it, who is Mr. Camping in our house, all he said was that I should have had someone there with me, because it's dangerous being alone.

I understand where he's coming from especially since he's my dad, but I've already decided that I'm not living my life in fear of being raped/kidnapped/murdered. I can only imagine what he'll say when I tell him about my plans to backpack through Europe alone.
ycart59Sep 30, 2012 9:29 AM
Sep 30, 2012 10:21 AM

Mar 2012
ycart59 said:
I like being alone. It's just a simple fact.

But why? Wouldn't your story of been more fun if there was someone to enjoy it with you?
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 30, 2012 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
ME + HEADPHONES = NO LONELINESS
I almost always have an earpiece around my neck and the distance between the campus and my apartment isnt too far so i walk most of the time and put on my music, alot of my friends say they call out to me but i cpuldnt hear them bcos i plugged my ears but for me i enjoy it rather than being around people

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 30, 2012 10:33 AM

May 2009
I used to enjoy being alone. Mainly because of shit childhood with people teasing and feeling awkward around people--like they all think I'm a loser and talking behind my back. I thought I liked being alone, and people were just annoying.

But I changed myself. Lost crapload of weight, took more care into my appearance, gained confidence, and started to be active in the community through volunteer work..more paid work..rec center workout groups. Now I have more friends and can be around people without feeling weird anxious, and bored. I realize people are nice to be around, to share things with, and get their opinions so I don't get into this personalized rut where I see the world only as I see it. Way too damn limited.

I do like my own personal time, and appreciate it more. Way more. It's amazing how much different it feels--like it's a treat and relaxing and not so much as me hiding and feeling lonely.

Oh, and I actually get to use my cell phone now! It's not just a paper weight :D
Sep 30, 2012 2:08 PM

Jan 2010
Always have been a loner my entire life. About 2 years ago I met my first real friends at an Anime Convention, and now I'm surrounded by people I love and share a common interest with- and I'm really grateful for that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2012 4:31 PM

Jul 2012
Kurimu-chan said:
Always have been a loner my entire life. About 2 years ago I met my first real friends at an Anime Convention, and now I'm surrounded by people I love and share a common interest with- and I'm really grateful for that.

I hope I can get some real friends. For now I shall be alone.
Sep 30, 2012 7:03 PM

Jul 2011
Hellothere01 said:
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/150505

Am i the only one who notices this? hahahahahhhhahahhahahhahhaha
Anyways i prefer being alone when im doing certain things but if someone asks to hangout i almost always say yes (and drop what i was doing) because it opens you up to new opportunities such as meeting girls.
Oct 1, 2012 12:20 AM

Apr 2009
Growing up, I was always relatively reclusive, socially
But, now that I have grown up and started University..I have found people with common interests..and I love socializing with them
When you find the right people, socializing is amazing
Oct 1, 2012 1:09 AM

Dec 2011
No... I hate being alone. Always more fun with friends of any gender :D I do prefer female company. As for being alone. Well, when I am alone all those problems I usually don't think about come knocking on my door so I have to deal with them. It's such a bother.
Oct 1, 2012 1:13 AM

Sep 2012
My daily routine for the past eight months has been get up at 5PM
-read
-video games
-anime
-drawing
-music
-sleep at 7AM repeat~

Never really left my bedroom.. or my house for that matter.

Wasn't really eating properly or doing exercise so I always felt rather weak and having a lack of energy, so I never really wanted to do anything :o

Unfortunately you can't sustain living doing this so I've been forced to go back out into society :(
Oct 1, 2012 1:20 AM

Dec 2011
scissorr-hands said:
-read
-video games
-anime
-drawing
-music
-sleep at 7AM repeat~

Wasn't really eating properly or doing exercise so I always felt rather weak and having a lack of energy, so I never really wanted to do anything :o

Unfortunately you can't sustain living doing this so I've been forced to go back out into society :(

How did you survive for 8 months xD
Oct 1, 2012 3:37 AM

Jun 2012
akutasame94 said:
scissorr-hands said:
-read
-video games
-anime
-drawing
-music
-sleep at 7AM repeat~

also how did you survive for money? tbh i would never support someone who did that out of choice, say if it was my kid ( if i ever had one). It makes me sick that people are happy to do this, i am lazy a lot of the time ( i think most people naturally are), but i realise that i have to work, i have to do things in order to survive and live, so do the majority of the population. Sure if i could do that and it didnt impact on anyone else, i might, not quite to that extreme, but i certainly wouldnt be out of the house busting my ass 12/13 hours a day.

Ok so if you are super rich and it isnt impacting on anyone else fair enough, feel free to rot in a dark hole, but if you are doing that and your parents are busting a gut to support you just because you are too lazy and selfish to do anything for yourself i would say get up off your lazy ass and do something with yourself. Sorry this is all based on assumption. You could be rich and not have to do anything and it isnt impacting on anyone else, but more often than not with situations like that it tends to be someone who is still being supported by their parents/someone else and it makes me angry. Mainly because i saw how much my parents and those around me sacrificed to support me and now i am supporting myself, it would be a royal slap in the face to all those around me if i was doing nothing.
Oct 1, 2012 3:42 AM

Dec 2011
XR said:
akutasame94 said:
scissorr-hands said:
-read
-video games
-anime
-drawing
-music
-sleep at 7AM repeat~

also how did you survive for money? tbh i would never support someone who did that out of choice, say if it was my kid ( if i ever had one). It makes me sick that people are happy to do this, i am lazy a lot of the time ( i think most people naturally are), but i realise that i have to work, i have to do things in order to survive and live, so do the majority of the population. Sure if i could do that and it didnt impact on anyone else, i might, not quite to that extreme, but i certainly wouldnt be out of the house busting my ass 12/13 hours a day.

Ok so if you are super rich and it isnt impacting on anyone else fair enough, feel free to rot in a dark hole, but if you are doing that and your parents are busting a gut to support you just because you are too lazy and selfish to do anything for yourself i would say get up off your lazy ass and do something with yourself. Sorry this is all based on assumption. You could be rich and not have to do anything and it isnt impacting on anyone else, but more often than not with situations like that it tends to be someone who is still being supported by their parents/someone else and it makes me angry. Mainly because i saw how much my parents and those around me sacrificed to support me and now i am supporting myself, it would be a royal slap in the face to all those around me if i was doing nothing.

Even if he is rich, come on, it is not normal. Humans are made to be social, that's why we have sex and make babies xD I mean, If I didn't have friends I'd probably hang myself.
Oct 1, 2012 4:03 AM

Jun 2012
akutasame94 said:
XR said:
akutasame94 said:
scissorr-hands said:
-read
-video games
-anime
-drawing
-music
-sleep at 7AM repeat~

Even if he is rich, come on, it is not normal. Humans are made to be social, that's why we have sex and make babies xD I mean, If I didn't have friends I'd probably hang myself.

some people are social some are not. I like a mix of the both. But not its not healthy, ye but if people are able to do it without impacting on others, i dont really mind, its when people are leeching off others who are having to work twice as hard to support another person who is too lazy to pull their own weight
Oct 1, 2012 4:13 AM
May 2009
akutasame94 said:
XR said:
akutasame94 said:
scissorr-hands said:
-read
-video games
-anime
-drawing
-music
-sleep at 7AM repeat~

It might not be normal, but people have managed to live in solitude before.
The whole Family and friends life, just isn't that important to some.
Its nice to have some social elements, in life though. Otherwise I would just be doing the same thing as this guy.

Plus it makes it alot simpler when you are seeking new information, or someone to talk to about anime and video games. (Which is alarge part of my life now).
Oct 1, 2012 4:14 AM
May 2009
XR said:

some people are social some are not. I like a mix of the both. But not its not healthy, ye but if people are able to do it without impacting on others, i dont really mind, its when people are leeching off others who are having to work twice as hard to support another person who is too lazy to pull their own weight

This I understand, Yeah you don't want someone leeching off you. so they can live a life where they don't have to do anything to support them selfs or their habit.
Oct 1, 2012 4:24 AM

Jul 2010
I'd rather be around people compared to being alone. Being around people doesn't necessarily mean physically, it can be through other forms of communication that are abundant these days. To each their own though, I've lived both "lifestyles" you could say, there was a point in time I kept to myself and liked it that way - these days however, I believe that would be impossible for me.

I'm a joker at heart, I love being around and making people laugh.
Will you be able to do.... what must be done?

Oct 1, 2012 4:26 AM

Jun 2012
shintai88 said:
XR said:

This I understand, Yeah you don't want someone leeching off you. so they can live a life where they don't have to do anything to support them selfs or their habit.

What i have found also about a lot of people who claim they are not social, it tends to be a lie, ( not consciously) but more often than not they just need to be brought out of their shell, hang about with people with similar interests, and bam, they tend to turn out to be very sociable. "unsociable" people tend to have had and event/ traumatic experience that triggers them to be very insular. Either that or they have an actual condition. ( usually psychological)
Apr 1, 2020 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
I have been alone for most of my life. So, I don't really have an opinion, other than I hate it.
Apr 1, 2020 11:12 PM

Dec 2018
I like being alone. When I’m with others I feel self conscious and anxious.
Apr 1, 2020 11:44 PM

Oct 2019
I've gotten use to being alone, so I'm not really sure if I enjoy it or not (^^;)
I do like it when I have company though.. It can be comforting sometimes.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Fight the above user with the last letter! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SnipeStrike - Apr 1

1187 by SnipeStrike »»
43 seconds ago

» Have You Ever!? v6 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Barnald - Aug 15, 2023

2782 by MitsukiHimeka »»
57 seconds ago

» What Score/Rating Do You Disagree the Most With In the Above User's Completed List v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Nov 27, 2020

6111 by Oofmastre9000 »»
1 minute ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

6782 by MitsukiHimeka »»
6 minutes ago

» Ban the User Above You v.21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Dec 21, 2021

8137 by MitsukiHimeka »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.