Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2012 11:23 PM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really interesting episode. I wonder if Roshi will somehow get resurrected.

May 14, 2013 3:21 PM

Feb 2013
Poor Roshi I wasn't expecting him to get killed too.. and now king Piccolo is gonna get his wish, I wonder if Tien or Chiaotzu will pull an Oolong and stop that from happening.
Nov 13, 2013 9:15 AM

May 2012
Damn that was intense! Lets see what's next!
Dec 2, 2013 12:25 PM
Jan 15, 2014 3:41 PM

Apr 2012
Seeing Piccolo progressively lose his cool, then almost shit himself in fear when Roushi mentions Mutaitou was the best thing ever. Also when Roushi fails, dies, and Piccolo laughs like an idiot because his ass is safe. Cool last words from Roushi btw (about Gokuu saving the world someday).
Mar 13, 2014 4:34 AM

Jun 2009
EratiK said:
Seeing Piccolo progressively lose his cool, then almost shit himself in fear when Roushi mentions Mutaitou was the best thing ever. Also when Roushi fails, dies, and Piccolo laughs like an idiot because his ass is safe. Cool last words from Roushi btw (about Gokuu saving the world someday).

Yeah, I thought that was pretty memorable. Oddly enough seeing Piccolo freak out like that added a nice extra dimension to his character.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 13, 2014 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
insan3Spectre said:
EratiK said:

Yeah, I thought that was pretty memorable. Oddly enough seeing Piccolo freak out like that added a nice extra dimension to his character.

Cough "Merium" cough

Mar 13, 2014 2:18 PM

Jun 2009
link9us said:
insan3Spectre said:
EratiK said:

Cough "Merium" cough

Hmm? What do you mean?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 7, 2014 5:11 AM

Mar 2014
This episode got intense!
Roshi was a total badass, even if he was still talking about not being able to read dirty magazines, lol.
Man, I wonder if Piccolo's actually going to get his wish, or if Tien or Chioutsu will pull an Oolong and run up there and interrupt him before he can say it.
::End of Transmission::

Jan 5, 2015 7:53 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, did Muten Roshi really die? And now Shen Long has appeared.
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Nov 12, 2015 1:33 PM

Apr 2014
Muten Roshi does the legendary Mafuba but he failed. Sadly, Muten Roshi died and King Piccolo summoned Shenlong! World's end is near.

EratiK said:
Nov 14, 2015 7:13 PM
Nov 2013
My guess is Chaozu is going to interrupt his wish but the Dragon tells him that he cannot use his powers to kill someone against their will or something like that.
Jan 12, 2017 4:50 PM
Mar 2015
Ugh a heartbreaker here. I would hate to see Piccolo get everything.
Jan 26, 2017 9:37 AM

Sep 2015
Wow Muten Roshi's dead. I assume he comes back but that was still most unexpected. He failed at the last second to seal him in the Denishi jar. His dejection before dying was honestly pretty sad. Things are looking pretty grim for everyone else. I get they probably won't do the same thing twice. And it would be a letdown after his epic confrontations with Roshi and Goku. But seriously what's stopping Chiaozu from doing what Oolong did in the first arc. Just rush forward and yell "Kill Piccolo Daimao." Boom problem solved.
Apr 14, 2017 11:48 AM

Aug 2013
King Piccolo's facial expressions in this episode where amazing, same thing with Roshi this is some of the most badass he's ever been drawn.
Aug 8, 2017 9:33 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
rooooshiiii noooo :( Omg I am feeling like crying

Sep 25, 2017 4:40 PM

Jun 2016
This was one of the coolest anime episodes I've seen, Roshi is my hero. That stand off was intense! And even if it's cheesy, I love when characters can feel the aura of someone they care about dying and visibly react like Goku did.

Lastly, I don't get why Roshi told him where the dragon balls were, I suppose he knew the inevitability if he failed but it still felt a little weird and uncalled for.

SubscriberSun said:
But seriously what's stopping Chiaozu from doing what Oolong did in the first arc. Just rush forward and yell "Kill Piccolo Daimao." Boom problem solved.

Convenient plot writing, you're very right they should've planned that before hand as a backup. But they didn't. It is slightly excused when you understand that Chaozu and Ten don't understand how the Dragon Balls work as well and are in shock of seeing Shen Long for the first time, or if you assume Piccolo may one shot him if he runs up there, or yells from afar. Still, these are excuses to a convenient plot point.
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsSep 25, 2017 5:02 PM
Nov 2, 2017 6:26 AM

Jul 2008
Oh crap, Roshi is dead and Shenron is here....welp it was nice knowing everyone.
Mar 5, 2020 12:50 PM
Jan 2020
absolutely incredible. this arc just oozes of the feeling of hopelessness
Jun 2, 2020 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
Master Roshi is dead. That's really sad. His standoff with King Piccolo was so intense I was at the edge of my seat, literally. The moment King Piccolo realized what's going to happen, he started shitting himself in fear and distress. He even tried to run away. It was both amusing and satisfying seeing this kind of emotional dilemma invoked within King Piccolo. Sadly, Master Roshi failed at the very last second to seal King Piccolo. It was tragic seeing the expression in Master Roshi's face when he realized he failed at his gallant effort. Of course, King Piccolo went back to his normal self, arrogance, and haughtiness dripping out of him like honey, as if he wasn't cowering in his feet mere moments ago. What really got to me was Goku feeling something was terribly amiss when Master Roshi died. Goku was pretty attached to Master Roshi. After all, Master Roshi was the one who took him under his wing. Goku is going to be seriously furious once he finds out the death of his teacher.

I hope Chiaotzu or even Tien, provided he could stand, decide to interfere in the summoning to request a personal wish. If Oolong can do it, then so can they. It wouldn't be a terrible idea at all. King Piccolo is far too engrossed at the dragon to even pay attention to his surroundings. They can use that as an advantage, especially Chiaotzu.
Sep 21, 2020 3:51 PM
May 2019
Oh my, what a total failure that was. Roshi is dead, and Piccolo is about to summon Shen Long. I wasn't really expecting that Roshi knew how to cast the Mafuba spell. Even then, now that he is dead, there isn't a lot of hope left. In any case, I feel we will have to rely on Goku - if he even makes it there on time.
Jan 19, 2021 10:11 AM

Oct 2020
Master is no more. The king of Martial Art has been fallen. It was a glorious battle I say. Master Roushi did his best but his bad luck, he missed. He knew couldn't survive but he still did it. Another loss.

King Piccolo is lucky that Master Roushi missed. But now he has all the dragon balls. Eternal youth is in front of him. I wish Ulong was here. Ulong last time saved the earth by wishing for underwear. This trickster may have done some something like that in this horrible situations.

This part of the saga is very sad. It is filled with deaths, specially near ones.

Aug 8, 2022 8:33 PM

May 2019
Damn, I did not expect Master Roshi to fail! :( All hope seems lost right now as it looks like Piccolo will get his wish. I do hope that Chiaotzu and/or Tien interfere but I doubt that will happen. If Piccolo does get his wish and gets younger and more powerful, the remaining fighters will have a hell of time. Last thing, if Tien does learn from watching (Tien mentioned learning doing the kamehameha from watching it being done in the last tournament) then maybe Tien will sacrifice himself doing the mafuba since he just watched Master Roshi do it.
Jan 14, 2023 12:18 AM

Dec 2021
Best episode of the show so far no contest
Mar 8, 4:46 PM

Jun 2020
RIP Roshi, at least he had Piccolo shitting bricks for a while there. I was expecting Chiaotzu to use his telekinesis to steal the balls last second though. They really have to do something right now or else they’re going to have to wait a year to either kill Piccolo with the balls or revive Krillin.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 57 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 2, 2011

24 by David_Mamyan »»
Apr 21, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 75 Discussion

brucescrews - Jan 15, 2012

24 by vehehgito »»
Apr 20, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 13 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 26, 2008

41 by Kyla_The_Plant »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 41 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Apr 27, 2011

28 by JaminKT »»
Apr 17, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lPix - Dec 31, 2009

57 by berninhachan2 »»
Apr 14, 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.