Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 27, 2016 12:36 AM

Jan 2016
Yes finally a great episode. This is one of my favorite episodes so far.
and damn Onizuka almost got laid.
5/5 Hope the next episodes are like this. i don't wanna see retarded psycho girls anymore.
Apr 9, 2016 3:15 PM

Dec 2012
Lmao hilarious episode. So all those chainmails come from her eh? xD

So close man... so damn close. D:<
Aug 16, 2016 6:38 PM

Sep 2013
Better episode than the last one, but still not up to its usual standard.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 12, 2016 12:45 PM

Jun 2016
Almost used his brand new CTO,well I guess it will stay in brand new for a while.
Nov 4, 2016 7:08 PM

May 2016
Cathedral said:
Onizuka kind of SERIOUSLY OD'd there. Did nobody expect that was the reason for hospitalization? Onizuka is a freak of nature to survive all this.

People always fall in awkward positions in anime. Always, lol. I can't believe they were going to in public. Yikes. Fuyutsuki seems more reasonable than that. At least get a room first if you're going to fornicate. =_= Then all the students showed up, haha. So awkward.

I definitely thought that was the reason behind his hospitalization. Kind of thought cancer got developed because he OD'd there. In the back of my mind, I've had a feeling he may have misunderstood it all since he's not getting the typical doctor diagnose.

Seriously though, the cancer thing with 1 month left to live was way too heavy for me in this episode. Just knowing somebody close to you is going to slowly die in 1 month's time must really hurt hard. I'll admit the tired trope of people falling in awkward positions is tiring but it felt fitting here oddly. They decided to go with more than just a kiss and do it, that felt more intimate considering Onizuka is dying. Also, considering Fuyutski was getting so caught up in the moment that I won't blame her if she had intercourse with him in public right there. She was crying about his attitude and his slow death earlier plus cancer is just fucking terrible.

When the students just had to interrupt, god damn it. Though, it would've been better that they knew it was a misunderstanding before doing the deed since that would be much worse lol.

And I seriously hate Miyabi in this episode, she just laughed at Onizuka's cancer diagnose (even if it was a misunderstanding). Pure scum of the earth right there as Onizuka or any teacher great as him don't deserve that shit. What the fuck is wrong with her, man. That's just too much.
Mar 14, 2017 2:43 PM

Mar 2015
lel he was so close!!! of all the things, why did he assume cancer lelelel
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 8, 2017 4:38 AM

Feb 2016
GTO has a big problem in that permanently standing characters such as the maths teacher stalker, the trio of b*tches and the spoilt bully and her two friends are introduced, defeated by the great Onizuka and then vanish... There should be an explanation or Onizuka would go against his character to not try to bring these students back to his classroom.

The math teacher loses his marbles over being beaten by Onizuka in the exams and then disappears... Who takes his place, is he still here or left? Is he still stalking Fuyutsuki? I paid great attention during the classroom and teacher room scenes, they vanished, or so I thought.

It was so sloppy how the anti-teacher faction is suddenly introduced again... They should still be on Onizuka's ass right up til now, why have they just given up at one point and now reduced to background characters with background comments.

I also guess it would be out of character of Onizuka to quite smoking as a wakeup call... It could've made for an interesting arc. GTO is a great show overall, and it requires a great suspense of disbelief but this is one of the few flaws that should be fixed and can be easily fixed.
Cloud_IllusionsJul 8, 2017 4:42 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Sep 22, 2017 2:53 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Onizuka got so closed to getting laid!
Apr 9, 2018 6:55 AM

Oct 2012
Ah chain cursed letter.. Nothing described 90s and early 2000 better than that

They should just bully Miyabi and her friends, so they can taste their own medicine
I know.. I know, they're not better than Miyabi if they did the same

It's actually pretty sad episode.. If he didn't go to hostess club, also he's actually got cancer :P
Oh Toroko xD

Next ep, seems like a misunderstanding episode for VP
"Signature removed"
Feb 11, 2019 9:56 AM
Apr 2016
Heck better episode than the previous two, oh well... Poor Onizuka, forever a virgin...
Mar 30, 2019 11:21 AM

Feb 2017
One of the main themes in the Shin Megami Tensei game I'm still playing (I mentioned it in an earlier episode thread) deals with good luck and bad luck and their effect on people's fates. Another nice parallel to the first half of this episode while in the midst of viewing this show.
Jun 9, 2019 4:59 AM

Dec 2014
well that was fun..I wished if he had atleast landed a kiss
Aug 7, 2019 10:46 AM

Jul 2016
Bit better than the previous episode
Aug 25, 2019 11:53 PM

Aug 2018
very funny episode
Mar 31, 2020 6:53 AM

Jul 2013
Man I never thought chain letters were a thing, I mean with actual mail letters. I thought it was just a thing with cellphone messages at first and then with social media what with all the chat and whatnot. Also there's no way they x-rayed Onizuka without noticing those things on his back lol
Apr 16, 2020 6:07 PM

Oct 2013
Onizuka almost got laid for the first time, haha! xD But good to know he was all healthy, although Fuyutsuki will have nerves on him for some time for sure for causing her a lot of stress, just because Onizuka heard something somewhere about having last stage of cancer.

By the way, what kind of degenerated school is this?! Naked teacher in front of his class and noone, even that Miyabi, even bothered to report him for exhibitionism? Or using such bad languege in front of teacher (like Miyabi being happy about Onizuka going to die soon while Fuyutsuki was nearby)? Those and some other examples from the previous episodes made me think that this school must have pretty low level in fact, lol.
May 16, 2020 5:08 PM

Mar 2019
Onizuka almost reached his dream xD fun episode, of course it wasnt cancer
Oct 19, 2020 7:42 PM

Dec 2016
can't believe nobody here mentioned thaat Ringu movie reference xd
Jan 5, 2021 9:36 PM

Jun 2020
crotchless teacher onizuka
Jan 30, 2021 4:34 AM

Jul 2020
finally a great episode
Mar 8, 2021 9:30 AM

Aug 2018
Aww they got interrupted at the best time....
Rip Onizuka hes still a virgin :/

Apr 1, 2021 6:43 AM

Jun 2015
An episode which explores Onizuka reaction to death. Bad episode but I like how they brought Urumi back.
Nov 6, 2021 7:42 PM

Apr 2020
I didnt like the part where he stripped in front of the classroom and wrote something all over his body including "that" area
water
Dec 13, 2021 2:33 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty average episode, not much to say about it. Though Fuyutuski clearly likes him, so I hope their relationship gets a bit more serious until the end of the show instead of him always thirsting for other women.
Jan 24, 2022 12:21 PM

Jan 2018
Chain curse mail...? Is this a precursor to the annoying facebook messenger trend of "forward this to 10 friends or your mom will die" shit that died in the mid-2010's? I'll be damned. I guess it only makes sense.

After the speech by Urumi in Lesson 19 it made sense for her to be in this episode. And she did deliver by explaining how curses work. If only Onizuka and the others listened. I wonder how she got contact to a shaman and if she's the one who put the magnetic pads on Onizuka sensei?

I don't buy Onizuka reading horoscopes. Maybe the curse really got to him. Then again he became nude in front of his underage students so that's not the most alarming part of the episode.

Is Kokkuri-chan the Japanese equivalent to Ouja board? I forgot to say this in the last episode which featured it. The twist seems to be that the Japanese version isn't fully horror-themed but romance-themed?

The Ringu reference was gold.

Damn OnizukaxFuyutsuki nearly scored this episode. The students had to ruin it all.

This was a very fun episode. I think next episode is going to be crazier. Did anyone actually think that Onizuka was about to die?

20 more episodes to go.
Feb 5, 2022 5:23 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Onizuka you absolute dumbass.
Mar 9, 2022 3:04 PM
May 2020
Onizuka the type of guy to have a 1 on 1 fist fight against cancer
Oct 2, 2022 11:39 AM
Sep 2022
I loved this episode. Need more teachers ;like onizuka
Oct 2, 2022 1:28 PM
Dec 2020
The concept of chainletters are pretty outdated, but this episode was a great time capsule haha! I think the ending was pretty clever, with Tomoko being behind it. Overall pretty average episode for this anime, but I still found enjoyable parts within it.
Nov 17, 2022 12:20 PM
May 2020
I don't know why Onizuka would claim not to believe in curses in the beginning but go hard afterwards. I feel disappointed.
Jan 9, 2023 5:23 AM

Feb 2021
I know this is technically a filler, but god miyabe really is an awful character, like is she even human?
May 27, 2023 8:36 AM
Jan 2020
They skipped a lot of shit in the manga just to make fillers
Jul 11, 2023 3:07 AM
May 2021
curses are fucking retarded
Sep 2, 2023 10:20 PM
Sep 2023
sooooooooooo cool
Jan 21, 4:36 AM

Jun 2021
was the miyabitch scene really necessary? The only reason for it to exist should have been a counterbalance with showing her and her idiot friends salty after witnessing Onizuka alive and well.

"PRO-FES-SOR O-NI-ZU-KA..." yeah, even Fuyutsuki has a unforgettable moment, and with some understandable reason. Thinking about it and with some archive files that can confirm, this was the "last" episode (it was indicated by some scrolling text during its run) for the season 2002-2003 before the summer break of italian MTV airing, and from june to november it has been hard to wait for more GTO.

Next... i thought it was a full arc but apparently it is another stand alone, and it's a promising one that i actually can't remember as much as multiple others. Neat.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

notestinet - Aug 17, 2008

175 by ibtissame »»
Apr 15, 7:53 AM

» What are the chances for a full remake?

xONLYINHUMANx - Apr 8

17 by F4i53 »»
Apr 15, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notestinet - Aug 25, 2008

301 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 13, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 42 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Oct 30, 2008

48 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 13, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 28, 2008

76 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 12, 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.