Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2012 5:10 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Hmm, let's see this episode...

• A lot of battles still going on.
  • Tori is still naked some 2000 feet in the air with Horizon.
  • Coins flying around like no tomorrow.
  • Those moe dog like creatures.
  • The epic firey baseball pinch.

Ya, Horizon ftw. Too bad next time will be the finale :(

Sep 22, 2012 8:47 PM
Mar 2011
I lolld at the "they seem to hate you,", " no they are just being tsunderes" part, one episode left and then we will prabablby be waiting a year or more fo season2 .
Sep 23, 2012 6:14 AM

Sep 2012
Money falls from the sky, Shirojiro wears money clothing and finally.... he can even shoot RAILGUN!!!!
Damn it, money power is so scary.

The ending scene between Gin and Muneshige is so touching.
Muneshige looks so cool, his 2 losses made me forget how strong he is, but he defeated Gin who Futayo has a hard time dealing with her so easily. So, he is strong afer all.
CodeSTSep 23, 2012 6:27 AM
Sorry for my poor english
Sep 23, 2012 7:01 AM

Apr 2008
And his fighting style moves a lot, which is always nice to the eyes. XD
So far his weapon, Lype Katathlipse is also the only direct attack (cutting and blast) DSA compared to the other supportive devices (disarming, binding, energy production).

They really fit in so much fight, it felt like this episode lasted longer than the previous.
Sep 23, 2012 7:10 AM

Jun 2008
nseika said:
So far his weapon, Lype Katathlipse is also the only direct attack (cutting and blast) DSA compared to the other supportive devices (disarming, binding, energy production).

Well, Shakespeare's Aspída Filargyría is still a proper shield, and I bet Juana's Akidía Katáthlipsē can also cut something, it's just that both are not used in direct fights.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 23, 2012 8:03 AM

Apr 2011
I am confused about Gin's arms. In the flashback, Her arms are cut off by Gin and then during the battle between Futayo, her arms is intact and one arm sliced again?

I'm guessing that with their technology they can re-attach them?
Sep 23, 2012 8:20 AM

Apr 2008
That or her real artificial hand is actually modelled very similar to normal hand (and the big ones are extra
Sep 23, 2012 8:37 AM

Nov 2007
Blind girl is so cute when amazed.

Tori in all nude getting everyone in hope like season 1!!

Wow, the girl who uses robot has her sister in it!!

LOL~ the duel that begins with misunderstanding (even Kobayashi-san's character's use of word when amazed at Kotobuki-san's character).

ED = Side SunSet. And finale...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 23, 2012 10:31 PM
Mar 2011
seems a bit dissapointing noone else liked the tsndere part haha, also props to neito being a boss and ordering a laser blast.
Sep 24, 2012 11:31 AM
May 2012
tachibana gin going all out = i like
Sep 24, 2012 12:15 PM

Mar 2012
Just when I thought this series couldn't get any better...it gets better.

And the sex joke continues! Everyone gets a piece of the action in this episode, basically. Even Nenji, Kenji, and Ginji got some screen time, and then Noriki finally makes an appearance from his hiatus since ep. 1. Toori's "they're just being tsundere" was hilarious, but again he's shown why he's the MC by being the moral leader more or less.

Great battles all around (the power of money is indeed very scary). And I like how this series does so much with one episode without feeling rushed at all. Gin's flashback was just endearing as it showed how she and Muneshige got together. Onto the last episode! I'm practically praying for a S3 announcement by this point.
Sep 25, 2012 10:57 AM
Jan 2011
1 more 2 go and hope there will be no more of this worthless anime.
Sep 25, 2012 11:51 AM
Feb 2012
Tori is never actually going to fight ever?

I did like the end very much.
Sep 25, 2012 12:58 PM

Jul 2012
I feel bad for Gin, I hope the whole "sex" thing gets cleared up xD

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Sep 25, 2012 1:48 PM

Aug 2011
CodeST said:
Money falls from the sky, Shirojiro wears money clothing and finally.... he can even shoot RAILGUN!!!!
Damn it, money power is so scary.

The ending scene between Gin and Muneshige is so touching.
Muneshige looks so cool, his 2 losses made me forget how strong he is, but he defeated Gin who Futayo has a hard time dealing with her so easily. So, he is strong afer all.

This IS season 2...

Gin x Muneshige. That was honestly so beautiful. I knew her arms were artificial. She looks so adorable when she blushes.
Sep 25, 2012 2:06 PM

Sep 2012
Too much epic for my sanity.
Sep 25, 2012 3:04 PM
Jan 2010
It was just EPIC!
I really hope we get a 3rd season. So much fight and it didnt felt rushed. It was just perfect, and we get 1more episode :)
Sep 25, 2012 3:38 PM

Nov 2008
all around epic episode after another epic episode -

I will await s3 as I assume we should be getting it and I await
Sep 25, 2012 3:43 PM

Oct 2010
sirwence said:

I became a fan of Gin when i saw her hands. LOL. She looks so adorable without them gun hands.

Cant wait to see them announce season 3 next week i hope.

Damn i like that spoiler.
Sep 25, 2012 4:38 PM
Oct 2010
damn this was pretty damn win. his rallying speech. lulz

damn Gin looks way hotter/prettier without them huge robot things hanging off her. epic fights. so much win in the last two eps
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 25, 2012 5:51 PM

Aug 2010
Asama barely received much screen time but the way she harms the enemy by not directly trying to attack them is awesome and cute every time.
Sep 25, 2012 6:19 PM

Aug 2011
This is what we wait for in Horizon. The huge epic battle at the end of the series that ties the show so well together. People say its boring but its all worth it later on.
Sep 25, 2012 6:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I am drooling over all the battles....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 25, 2012 6:54 PM

Aug 2011
Gin vs Futayo would've been an amazing fight if not so rushed </3
Sep 25, 2012 7:36 PM

Feb 2012
I don't get what happened to Gin.

So Munishige cuts off her arms and suddenly they marry? That's pretty cruel.. and odd O_O
Sep 25, 2012 7:37 PM

May 2010
Sick episode, fight scene were great.

Honda "i poke em 50 time" i laughed so hard
Sep 25, 2012 7:50 PM

Jul 2008
Fuck, that episode was epic.
Man, I so wish someone would translate the novels.
Sep 25, 2012 8:00 PM

Sep 2010
had to restart my brain a couple times during the epi to avoid damage due to epicness overload.

• cant help but feel sorry for Gin XD
  • Mikoto would be proud
  • Damn Asama, i can bet something like that is covered somewhere on the Geneva conventions or something xD
  • Why do the kobolds have the manliest voices of the series? o_O
  • everyone is tsundere for Toori XD
CatastrophicSep 25, 2012 8:03 PM
Sep 25, 2012 9:10 PM
Jan 2009
wait a minute...

is Gin saying she's gonna start falling for Honda...?

now there'd be an awesome twist... :-D
Sep 25, 2012 9:35 PM

Mar 2012
Yvese said:
I don't get what happened to Gin.

So Munishige cuts off her arms and suddenly they marry? That's pretty cruel.. and odd O_O

I'm not entirely sure, but I think there was a part where Gin mentioned she was supposed to inherit the title of Tachibana Muneshige, but Muneshige came out and defeated her. I suppose it relieved her of the pressure to gain and uphold that title. She may never have wanted it and Muneshige essentially carried that burden in her place.

dury said:
wait a minute...

is Gin saying she's gonna start falling for Honda...?

now there'd be an awesome twist... :-D

I believe that may be a mistranslation on English subs. The way I understood it was that Gin had a flashback of Muneshige cutting off her arms upon defeating her, which Futayo was about to do after breaking both her swords. Since Futayo defeating Gin in the same manner as Muneshige would theoretically put them on the same plane, Gin would rather announce defeat than to let Futayo proceed. It's a sentimental gesture since she wanted to keep Muneshige's place unique.

Again, I haven't read the LN so this is speculation from the anime alone...
Sep 25, 2012 11:31 PM

May 2011
This was a great episode that had appearances made by like everyone, including that curry guy lol, fried rice it is! And they decided to start the ep off with the sex joke again, god damn... they did it around 50 times rofl. That was also a great yandere face by Gin when she finally had enough.

That fight with Naomasa turned out to be quite epic and I just love the bg music in this anime, which makes everything even more awesome. Ahhh they finally reveal something more about Naomasa and =/ her past seems to be quite said with her sister sacrificing herself like when she was on the verge of dying (or at least thats what I got from it). Futayo and Gin's fight turned out to be quite epic too, hoping they reveal more about what happened with Gin/ Muneshige later on.

Love the way that Shirojiro uses those coins to fight, and haha he's got himself a suit of money armor. Props to that vice chancellor too with the way he stayed till the end. It was nice to see Walsingham and Nate working together, they are a good pair. And teehee all the students in Musashi are just tsunderes.
Sep 26, 2012 12:26 AM

Apr 2008
Everyone loves the tsundere, but nobody even comment on the “Tres Espania Tres Espania Henares Henares” ? ^^;
They already looks like it since the end of season 1, the kind of school that’s famous for the sports team…

In comparison, Musashi is like the underdog public school where Jump heroes went to

Hydnlife said:
Honda "i poke em 50 time" i laughed so hard
Deep inside, Gin now understood why her husband is still on the bed :D
Sep 26, 2012 2:51 AM

Jun 2010
Avenir said:
Too much epic for my sanity.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Futayo without her hair tied up was so cute.

And Asama as always ftw!
Sep 26, 2012 4:27 AM

Jan 2009
im glad Naomasa has a screentime she is my favorite since she has a mecha lol

and darn Futayo (second best for me) is still awesome as always for beating the ace warrior of the other side... Futayo is now a Ace Killer
Sep 26, 2012 5:05 AM

Oct 2011
So many epicness in this episode here are my thoughts so far:

Futayo without pony tail is HOT!, love the fight scenes between her and Gin, Epic might be overused but I think there's no other word to describe it but this.

I never thought Shiro would be that badass, as I was expecting him to fight the same way he did when fighting Naomasa on S1, and that final shot was amazingly executed.

Neito and Walsingham now working as allies? that's epic, and I really like that robotic doll, and her mouse was friggin' cute.

I thought the episode would be about Mary's new life in Musashi since the title of this show was "Where the one scarred by sword belongs" but we only spot her being carried by Tenzo with no speech nor proper screentime, but the episode is filled with action and comedy so it doesn't matter that much anyway

gosh I miss Shakespeare now, why didn't she show up at all? if would be awesome if should at least assist Neshinbara or be carried by him when coming down from that musashi vessel.

Gin - another Hottie in this show, she really looked cute without those huge mechanical arms, with all those amazing weapons she pulled I was thinking she could've put Futayo in a major trouble but futayo defeated her easily, It's a shame but nonetheless It was a great fight, and I feel sad for her loss in all honesty.

Noriki lost? what the? can someone explain/refresh my memory how he lost the fight? at least he put a good show there. it's enjoyable anyway

I was thinking Mary would show up in this episode and fight using her shiny twin excalibur swords, but maybe they'll use that on next (final) episode.

Toori was hilarious as always, but anyway I'm not expecting him to be as badass as he was on S1 in this season.

Jizuri Suzaku vs Michibiki Byakku fight was too short, I wanted more of it. besides I can't say Naomasa soundly defeated Byakku's master there. we still lack proper mecha vs mecha fight in this anime :sigh: Now we have Wang Liu Mei eh... no... Naomasa's brackground story which is quite sad and interesting to me. hopefully S3 will bring more explanation to this as well as Naruze's backstory.

Now as for Honda's misunderstanding, the situation's got worse and on top on that more hilarious, i can't stop laughing over the 50 times sex, LMAO (wished there was a smiley support on this forum. the fact that Gin's being voiced by Tsumugi.... eh no, sorry.... I mean Kotobuki chan makes me think of Fram Nara of Gun-damAGE and reimagine things if such situation happened between Zeheart and Fram. well let's move on...

Margott fell from her broomstick but I think her fight doesn't end there yet, how about the spoiler scene on the OP when she fought her tres espana counterpart with gurren lagan wings style?

I was glad even the most useless musashi members in this anime got their purpose fulfilled, except for that lolicon fatass who fell, LOL at Nenji and Incubus wreaking "havoc" on tres espana ships!

I don't know why but I think Asama is getting cuter for each episode that airs, despite her short screentime seeing her smile that that makes me drool :P

Oh how I love Adele, she's too cute to ignore everytime she makes Moe scenes like that. :D

overall I'd give this episode 9/10 it will get perfect 10 id not for the short fight between Naomasa and Byakku.

*** apologies for the grammar inconsistencies/typos ***
AzrecSep 26, 2012 6:32 AM
Sep 26, 2012 6:02 AM

Jun 2012
"Where the one scarred by sword belongs"

i think this title about gin and her arms was cut by Muneshige

and Noriki lose. because it base on baseball when he hit ball if ball got catch he out
Sep 26, 2012 8:41 AM

Nov 2007
IT'S AN ARMOUR! IT'S MADE OF MONEY! 10/10 Horizon AOTY.
Sep 26, 2012 8:56 AM

Oct 2011
Shirijiro's RAILGUN, money sure can do anything!!!
Signature
Sep 26, 2012 9:56 AM

Jun 2009
That's pretty fucking awesome. Best episode I've seen all season long.
Sep 26, 2012 10:15 AM

Apr 2010
Futayo with her hair down looks nice somehow it gives her more of a bad girl appearance.
And Gin without those mechanical arms was also a pretty good sight.

The vice president of Tres Espana was pretty capable with the bat and he didn't want to surrender which nearly cost him his life luckily was him his friends saved him.
It was a nice battle tho.
Sep 26, 2012 4:34 PM

Jun 2008
Arcriatrix said:

Noriki lost? what the? can someone explain/refresh my memory how he lost the fight? at least he put a good show there. it's enjoyable anyway

Because they were "playing baseball", his batting got caught by Pedro so he's "out".

But The Valdez knew that they "lost", when Noriki managed to hit their ball.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 26, 2012 8:20 PM
Mar 2011
haha i lauged at the tsundere part, that asside did any one else notice that one girl closed her eyes during tori's telecast or watever its called? and yet 2 other girls kept their eyes open haha.
Sep 26, 2012 8:23 PM

Dec 2007
Futayo's continued sex joke was nice, and Gin's reactions were almost as great as the end of last episode (far cuter, but not quite as impactful). In fact, I must profess that Gin's always been my favorite (female) character, and I'd been praying to see her without those hideous mechanical arms, even if just in fan art. I am not disappointed, and that alone made the episode worthwhile. The touching scene of her and Muneshige was just icing.
Kenji and Nenji's "friendship" after getting launched onto the TE ship was another highlight, especially with Tomo's reaction.

The rest of the episode, surprisingly, had little to gripe about - the only thing was Noriki's fight with Pedro & Flores - if they're "playing baseball," cherry-picking rules seems, well, beyond cheap. If catching the ball he hit made him "out," then the first "batter out" call was inappropriate on multiple levels, and he's technically been walked since he was "hit by a pitch." Besides that, admittedly, extremely minor gripe, the fights were decently concluded, and we have the stage set for a conclusion.
Sep 26, 2012 8:54 PM
Aug 2011
sirwence said:

I liked the spoiler....

I need a season 3

This episode was great!!!
Sep 26, 2012 11:30 PM

Apr 2011
Aversa said:

The vice president of Tres Espana was pretty capable with the bat and he didn't want to surrender which nearly cost him his life luckily was him his friends saved him.
It was a nice battle tho.

But he's already a ghost. Just look at his feet.
Sep 27, 2012 7:28 PM
Jan 2011
Copy from randomc.net:
Noriki battle, Noriki’s fist touched the first 2 shots, first shot that bent the steel plate in his vest give him the angle of the pitch, second shot he stepped backed to judge when he can full extend his arm and the speed required to make full contact. The stance he took is a batting stance that help speed up swing and force by stepping forward and shift center of gravity, same concept exist in martial arts as well. Valdez Siblings’ spell St.Elmo’s fire el fuego is base on offering charity, both pitches cannot arrive to the enemy at the same time, because it is not charity if you give all you had to the other, and it is not the best charity if you don’t leave the other a hand to receive more charity. The 2 pitch goes through a process that they as their path seemingly fuse into one, they enter a spell specific space where the power and trajectory of one pitch is offered to the better pitch. One pitch arrives at the enemy as the best possible pitch, the other returns harmlessly to the pitcher. Noriki saw through the truth and hit the better pitch before their trajectories fused, that breaks the spell and the entrance into spell created space and the offering of one pitch to the other did not occur. All 3 times, the little sister’s pitches were the best, and the head on hit send it back where it came from. To save his little sister, the brother caught the line drive out and broke his hand, but preserve the sibling’s victory. Though they didn’t pull out because of that, the pulled out because Musashi is accelerating and their small ship can no longer stay attached without sustaining terrible damage.

Kenji is and incubus that does exactly what his names suggest and suck energy, Neiji was there to prevent escape.

Think of the old man’s a ability as an augmented reality app, he needs too see the whole picture and what he add does not do direct damage to the actual thing, only phenomenons created by the spell.

Four Sacred Gods of War each has it’s own ability akin to reality marbles of Fate, Michiyuki Byakko has “road”, Jizuri Suzaku’s is “lake.” If you as why is it “Lake” when it appeared as the sky, it is meant to be a reflection and endless. Technically the Sacred Gods of War should all be semi-automatic intelligent machines and requires no pilot, you give them a command, they figure out what to do, which is why it was surprising that Jizuri Suzaku has a person in its chest. Up to this point Jizuri Suzaku was never properly activated, so Fusahide called it a fake. It’s been driven by Naomasa’s sister following her command, since she replaced a large amount of Jizuri Suzaku’s AI functionality, but once she is exposed, in order to protect her Jizuri Suzaku’s OS finally activates which activates the “lake.”

Tachibana Gin’s other pair of prosthetic came from the cross-shaped boxes that she was carrying, they fall off because Gin no longer has arms to support them on her back, and as it falls to the ground, box opens and the arms attach. It’s not very clear because usually attention is diverted by her large prosthetic and the elaborate clothing design of the Horizon world, but if you look at her in the beginning of the episode and compare it to her character design sheet, you’ll see 2 thing that was sticking out her back. They had to condense a lot of the past into the ED. Tachibana household is known for it’s ridiculous martial prowess and strength, Gin wanted to take over as head of the household eventually, so she dedicated her life into becoming as strong as possible so that she can inherit the Tachibana Muneshige name and be the head of Tachibana clan. When Muneshige came along with the intention of taking the Tachibana Muneshige name, she hated him so much that she repeatedly beaten him to severe injuries. Muneshige eventually became stronger, at the very last fight, Gin was attempting to kill him because he was taking away what she work all her life for, he sliced away her arms because she became a pure weapon at that point, and he had to disable her so that she finds humanity again. It’s implied that she will never be as strong as she once was, and thus frees her from the burden of becoming the strongest and take over as the head of the Tachibana clan. They modified out a bloody touching scene, where right after Muneshige lops her arms off, he held her in his arms and with his hands directly keeping pressure on the wound so she doesn't bleed out.
ShiyumiSep 27, 2012 7:34 PM
Sep 27, 2012 11:53 PM

Aug 2010
Why can't they just make the whole season like this, it would be so much better...Gin is even cuter without her huge hands. 4/5.
Sep 28, 2012 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
That beggining crack me up xD.
Sep 29, 2012 4:15 AM

Jan 2011
Futayo's fight was amazing, she is badass.
Next episode will be the last one, I wish there was more but I'm pretty sure there'll be another season.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 29, 2012 5:07 AM

Dec 2011
futayo honda is so coool
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best girl poll

Doc101 - Mar 12

4 by DarkLeafNinja »»
Mar 12, 10:55 PM

» Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon_SEASON 3 ??? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nova12 - Sep 22, 2012

167 by HuTaoSimp14 »»
Feb 20, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

71 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 18, 2023 11:33 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 21, 2012

55 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 14, 2023 9:12 AM

» After watching both season, I really like the power system, but should I continue watching manga?

aLotQuestion_ - May 10, 2021

1 by Zefyris »»
Jun 20, 2021 4:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.