Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion

Nov 8, 2012 3:34 PM

Wow, good episode :O I like the new OP, it's quite good :3
Iori as a baby XD So Yui remembers her promise to fight her friend ... and Aoki confirms his feelings by visiting Nana. Though IDK, it'd be kind of weird for someone to show up and be like "I loved you once but now I love someone else". I mean I'd be like good for you but ... did you really need to tell me?! XD Plus they spoke for like what, 5 minutes?! Sure was fast of him to know he didn't like her anymore :P I guess I didn't think Nana looked that much like Yui because she got her hair cut :P
Aoki confesses again and Yui hugs him. Big step! Honestly I was wondering if she was gonna accept and/or kiss him but I guess that's moving a bit too quickly ;P
Inaba knows that Taichi's hiding something now. I wonder if they're going to wrap up the relationships next episode along with the de-aging business? Looks like we're going to have to deal with Iori's mom ...

Nov 13, 2012 7:53 AM

That Bro Mance scene at Nana xD
Aoki was really cool confessing at Yui again

Ah 1 more episode ...

Dec 7, 2012 4:59 AM

Am I the only one who really wanted to know more about the girl that Aoki once loved?

Dec 9, 2012 4:17 PM

I hate cliffhanger endings...
But this was a great series 5/5

Jan 2, 2013 2:04 PM

Awesome episode as expected. Man I love this show.
Still a little disappointed that the conflict about Nana/Yui/Aoki got sorted out way too fast.

The preview gave me goosebumps. Drama on it's way.

Oh and the ED is still fucking amazing. Katakiri Rekka <3

5/5

Sent with Mal Updater

Jan 17, 2013 10:38 AM

One of the better episodes out there. Aoki finally gets characterization and I actually like him as a character... probably better than Taichi. Yui is somewhat good character too.

I wonder what's in there for the last episode.

Jan 17, 2013 1:28 PM

Another great episode. Yui's hug with Aoki was perfect, I feel like everything's been leading up to that great moment ;~; The new OP is great, much more suited in my opinion. Next episode looks like it's going to be great, but I don't want it to end T____T

Jan 23, 2013 12:13 PM

Great episode, it really was nice that they even put Nana in the story, the whole thing was quite nice and touching for the characters, but now they came to understand something, lets see what the last episode has to offer!

New OP and again that lovely ED!

Jan 23, 2013 8:22 PM

I really liked Aoki in this episode. He travelled all the way to meet his Ex to clarify his feelings, and didn't even stay longer than a minute. The fact that Nana understood Aoki's actions made their past relationship feel that much more meaningful, they get respect points. I personally could've learned a thing or two from Aoki, ah well, it's too late now haha.

Yui finally packed up the courage and returned Aoki's feelings too, the hug was really well done. She seems to have kick-started her life and feelings again, I'm really happy for them.

Now, how will Taichi get out of this pinch?

Apr 5, 2013 1:55 PM

Are you....HELL NO!
Loved that part xD
And sooo cute :3 Aoki and Yui.

Jul 22, 2013 7:00 AM

I kinda wish Yui said something back to Aoki but I think that hug was more than enough due to her circumstances. I felt the trip to to meet Nana was way too short. I mean, even if he did confirm his feelings right away, wouldn't you at least want to ask how the other was doing, etc?

Still it was a good ep and now Taichi's secret is out so more drama will ensue.
-What do you mean life doesn't work like my Chinese cartoons!?

Sep 18, 2013 12:23 AM
nana shouldve had more depth to her character, but regardless i'm proud of yui and aoki

Sep 22, 2013 7:07 AM
That was sweet ^_^

Aoki is smooth this episode and I agree Aoki should have at least talked more with his EX and I want to know too about Aoki and his Ex's past but oh well at least Yui is okay now :3 and Taichi you're in a pinch let's see what's next looks like there will be a lot of drama next episode.

Awesome new Opening :D I like all of the Opening and Ending song of this anime :3

Dec 19, 2013 12:37 PM
๐™†๐™–๐™  ๐™†๐™–๐™ฃ ๐ŸŠ

So from the age reversals it mostly focused on Yui and Aoki, and helping Yui not be afraid of men anymore as well as make Aoki fix his problems as how he mistook Yui for Nana.

Next episode looks very drastic.

Jan 25, 2014 4:36 AM

I'm really happy with Yui's double-sided breakthrough this ep. Overcoming her fear of men and realizing Aoki as potential arm candy are huge for her, I'm so proud! Hopefully she can return to karate and doing the things she really cared about again. The friend was a tad meddlesome about bringing Yui back, but looking at it through her perspective, I might've done the same thing (albeit, not as aggressively).

Aoki has finally been given his time to shine and I must agree he did it most smoothly. He was clear about his intentions and walked forward, leaving the past behind. It was mature and sweet: he met Nana, told her what was up, and the relationship came to a close. Closure is a wonderful thing people seem to forget about these days. I don't believe that an official end-of-relationship goodbye is overdoing it... and no more words needed to be said between the two, they had a mutual understanding. There wasn't a need to ask what was going on in each others' lives b/c their lives don't consist of each other anymore. Anyway I'm proud of him too, for laying it out for Yui and just handling the situation so well.

That brings me to the triangle. Well, basically, I just hope things don't end tragically for them. Maybe I jinxed it... I'm hoping for an open-ending or one where Iori ends up with Taichi. They just fit together so nicely, they complete each other >w< No, but seriously, Iori needs him. He's like the only one she can be completely honest with and she relies on him. She also knows what makes him tick (a sign of a true relationship). It just needs to happen. /promotion /shot

Thus far things have been condensed so tightly in the show, but every second I'm at the edge of my seat. I've liked seeing the character's growth and the whole idea that the audience is Heartseed is soo disgustingly brilliant. There's no other show like it and omigod I don't want Iorianybody to die or be maimed physically, psychologically or otherwise... I need to read the LN. Slghldkhg 9/10

Feb 23, 2014 5:50 PM

Good God

Someone keeps hitting the melodrama button every 2 minutes in this show

I would feel terrible if someone took a train to get to my house just to say "Sorry but I love someone else more"and left
Modified by nep-nep, Feb 23, 2014 5:57 PM

Apr 4, 2014 7:05 PM
555|Kabuto|Ryuki

Had some 5 Centimeters per Second vibes this episode.

They even got the hug down.Which was nice to see since you could see Yui was forcing herself to.

And ohh,Taichi been discovered.

Apr 30, 2014 8:48 PM

Taichi fucked up on that last. He got busted out by none other than Inaba xD
He's such a bad liar. Well, Heartseed do say in the preview that it was a bad choice to choose him.

It was great to have some story on Yui and Aoki. Aoki have been able to sort out his confusion and pass to another thing. Yui have been able to overpass her fear of man and hug Aoki. It was a really sweet moment in my opinion. Also, that awkward face she make when Inaba tell her about her quote having a misleading meaning :P

Now, I wonder if there is two problems left. I don't know why but I can't seem to find a problem Inaba have. I mean, she said it herself, her lack of trust isn't due to any trauma, it's just part of herself. She can't cure that and there is no point to cure that, it would changing her own personnality.
ยซTime is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.ยป
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Jun 16, 2014 2:18 AM

there must be like hundreds of heartseeds just going already trolling groups of japanese school students
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Oct 16, 2014 12:53 AM

Hah, I'm glad that Yui x Aoki is sorted out after dragging for long enough. Yui finally overcame her trauma and accepted Aoki.

Jan 26, 2015 6:53 AM
Yeah that trip to Nana was really short.
Other than that it was a good episode.

Oct 18, 2015 4:27 PM

Some nice backstory for Aoki. Though I do wish there was more. Male characters are still pretty weak in this imo. New OP isn't as good as the old one in my mind. Also switching OP with 2 episodes left? I'm not seeing this resolving in one more episode.

Nov 25, 2015 1:18 PM

I am glad Aoki did all that, Yui and him hugging was cute, I hope they become a couple in the future...

Nov 28, 2015 12:07 PM

Well this is actually an interesting development. It really emphasizes how Taichi is supposed to be the middleman, being the one that isn't plagued by a past occurence or habit.

If this arc directly followed the first 5 episodes, this series could have been really good. But episodes 6-10 barely had any use at all in terms of character development, except the "revelation" of Inaba's romantic interest...
Modified by HapHazrD, Nov 28, 2015 12:18 PM

Dec 19, 2015 5:05 PM

Love the new OP ~ .
The Difficulty with Reversing .
Recreation and Adjustment .
The Unforgotten Discernment .
The way it is meaningful .
Living Life with a satisfied , well being .
For the sake of many sentimental recollection by springing our ties eventually .
Although, leaving aside our feelings carelessly made us live carefree but It is not the path that will grant us happiness . It is appreciating yourself that you're "Worth it" .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 16, 2016 3:47 AM

Aoki and Yui were great this episode. Hug was cute :)

Yui's sister is an idiot if she believed even for a moment that Yui had a kid.

Dec 22, 2016 9:34 PM

Episode 12 - On a Snowy Street:

"I think we'll need diapers and...milk!" (Taichi seeing Inaba breast) "A pure young maiden can't produce breast milk, you idiots" (Inaba to Aoki and Taichi) Well they deserve it.

In the opening Taichi got to grab two hand instead of one like in the first OP, Love Triangle.

"I'm in love with Yui now. But is that just because Yui looks just like Nana?" (Aoki) That is a good question, but I think Aoki like her for being Yui. "You are the one giving up and making excuses!" (Aoki to Yui) That was mean but maybe it reached her?

The promise between Mihashi and Yui was to face each other in the karate nationals, but then she quits. So it must be a shock for Mihashi. "I'm no one important" (Yui to Taichi) she must have more confidence in her, well their friends will help.

"Back in middle school..A girl in my class died...it made me think, you never know when someone's going to die. She went to cram school and worked really hard. But she died, so it was all for nothing...But that's why I decided to enjoy life to the fullest." (Aoki)

5/5
Modified by InefableAtaraxia, Dec 22, 2016 10:12 PM

Jun 12, 2017 1:55 AM

well this was something else. Amazing episode. I like how Yui finally accepted everything that was going on in her life, including Aoki and her rape episode...

5/5, amazing stuff
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)

Jun 15, 2017 5:36 PM

Sigh...this show so totally did not turn out to be what I had hoped for. It's ok for a romance series, but I was hoping for the focus to be more on Heartseed and the strange things he's putting them through.

It's been entirely too teen-ansgty for my taste.

One more episode and I can cross it off my list I suppose.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 31, 2017 7:44 AM
Man I can't stand Yui she's so over dramatic her drama over karate and the promise is trash and making non sense and the trip of Aoki is so damn weird like seriously you travel all this distance to just say 2 phrases to Nana this is so dumb
One more episode to go to end this trash

Oct 8, 2017 5:56 AM

clannad4ever said:
well this was something else. Amazing episode. I like how Yui finally accepted everything that was going on in her life, including Aoki and her rape episode...

5/5, amazing stuff

it wasn't actually rape, it was attempted rape she got away barely before getting rapped!!!!

EliseZoghbi34 said:
Aoki is so damn weird like seriously you travel all this distance to just say 2 phrases to Nana this is so dumb

that's what is called closure :)

& next EP is not last EP there are 4ova's that end the story

Apr 12, 2018 10:49 AM

Good episode, now Taichi is in a big problem.

Aug 23, 2018 2:52 PM

Melodrama was over the top and felt forced (feels like her emotions are running in circles all the time and so the other who tries to fix her) but it wasn't bad episode either. Yui still has to find her resolution with her karate friend and Iori with her mother (guess the next time). But it's just strange that Taichi himself doesn't have any problem at all, what about his sister?

I'm not so such about Iori x Inaba quarrel over Taichi at famirest - if I were him I wouldn't wanted either at the moment. And it feels like they are only talking about loving him all the time yet won't try any action towards their goal or something.

Baby Iori was cute though, the moment was pretty nice. Let's hope for some good developement the next time, now that Taichi spoke out the secret.

Dec 23, 2018 8:55 AM

This episode was... strange. There were some resoundingly poignant moments -- Aoki questioning what happened to his feelings and when they disappeared resounded with me -- but there were a lot of scenes that just made no damn sense. Aoki travels all the way to see Nana, tells her to fuck off in kinder words, and she finds nothing weird about that. And that entire scene with Aoki confirming his love to Yui, how'd she go from hating herself to loving herself? In, like, 2 seconds?

There were a few other, smaller things, too, but it was all just very peculiar and didn't make a lot of sense. This arc kind of capitalized on its potential with this episode but did so in a strange, unrealistic way that disappoints me. :/

Nonetheless, they were moving. Aoki's conversation (I use this word loosely) with Nana left filled me with a sense of internal sadness I can't quite understand. It feels somewhat bitter to look on such an important part of your past and say goodbye, I guess. Likewise, I thought his resolution with Yuki terrifically sweet, even if unrealistic. It's all simultaneously moving yet unbelievable.

I think the pacing is the problem here. There's a number of powerful, dramatic, and heartwarming moments, but it's happening too fast and we're suddenly thrown teen angst after teen angst without much bridge. The early episodes were strikingly realistic in how they juggled the drama and the downtime. Everything, understandably, climaxed, but it didn't settle back down afterward.
Modified by Zadion, Dec 23, 2018 10:01 AM

Mar 6, 7:07 PM

The scene where Aoki goes to visit his childhood love was so strange and inconsequential it shouldn't have even been animated.

This show has a huge problem with characters reacting to events in ways that makes it obvious that the reactions themselves are important, and not the events that lead up to them. Half of the time it feels like we're not even getting half the picture, which is dumb because these characters sure love divulging their feelings at the weirdest times. This is probably why the scenes with Nana and Yui (back to back, no less) were so unimpressive.

Modified by syncrogazer, Mar 6, 7:13 PM

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]