Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Candy Chapter 10 Discussion

Sep 22, 2012 6:18 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Stereotyped and angsty, well, at least it had a happy end.

Sep 24, 2012 3:07 PM

I kinda didn't like the ending too much, especially that they totally turned they looks to the opposite. But all in all, it was one of the better shoujo ai manga out there.

Sep 25, 2012 3:10 AM

MeleDeGame said:
...the better shoujo ai manga out there.

Not really, for example, even out of the currently running Hana to Hoshi, Betsu Kiss, Asagao to Kase-san, Under One Roof and Kimi no Tame nara Shineru beat this by a long shot, and those are just currently manga.

Oct 1, 2012 8:46 AM

IDex said:
MeleDeGame said:
...the better shoujo ai manga out there.

Not really, for example, even out of the currently running Hana to Hoshi, Betsu Kiss, Asagao to Kase-san, Under One Roof and Kimi no Tame nara Shineru beat this by a long shot, and those are just currently manga.

There are really A LOT of shoujo ai mangas or one shot's, doujins or whatever and I still think that this was quite good compared to a lot of other crap that I've read. I admit I haven't read that much, but from what've read, Candy is superior to a lot of it. But I admit, you've listed stuff that is probably better so I won't argue that.

Oct 6, 2012 12:35 PM
MeleDeGame said:
I kinda didn't like the ending too much, especially that they totally turned they looks to the opposite. But all in all, it was one of the better shoujo ai manga out there.

Without doubt, Candy was a remarkably sweet experience, especially at the beginning. After chapter 7, the story went downhill for the sake of some silly melodrama, but before that, it was a top-notch yuri series.

Oct 27, 2012 7:03 AM

geezer said:
MeleDeGame said:

Without doubt, Candy was a remarkably sweet experience, especially at the beginning. After chapter 7, the story went downhill for the sake of some silly melodrama, but before that, it was a top-notch yuri series.

I totally agree, I wasn't too happy about how it ended. It seemed a little rushed.

May 6, 2014 4:56 AM

lpzwei said:

Agree, but I won't say it was a top notch yuri. It was cute, but that's all.

kuuurt said:
I especially liked the "Will you let me fall in love with you again, Senpai?" part. ;o;

Me too. I liked the narration too, the last one, and I like how they have an epilogue of what happened years later.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Mar 19, 2015 3:38 AM

Nothing too outstanding but still a nice read. 7/10

Sep 20, 2017 12:52 AM

Turned out to be a bit more formulaic than I would have liked. Still, it was sweet, and there were a few memorable moments even after chapter five.

IDex said:

It's harder for a finished manga to be better than one that's currently running. After all, this one had to figure out an ending and the ones that are still running haven't had to worry about that, right?

Feb 8, 1:46 AM

Melodrama did let it down a bit but it was sweet for the most time especially before chapter 7. Also love that hug kanan gave to chiaki while confessing. I really like that kind of hug scenes.