Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Dec 21, 2015 6:45 PM
Jul 2018
This moment, these red eyes, this train - I laughed.
Feb 13, 2016 12:17 AM

Feb 2010
I really liked it. Kuroyukihime us so pretty! The only thing that is really bothering me is that I didn't get to see what kuroyukihime's friend got her as a gift or what she got her friend. I wanted to see them open the presents XD
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Mar 16, 2016 1:56 PM
Aug 2014
I don't think Noumi needed to end up that way. People just don't get why he has that personality, and the other characters, the "good guys" just contribute to him being this way and getting worse. No one can really put themselves in his place and understand how did he feel, and I hate he have to be considered the bad guy because of that, while the good guys have to win and still being happy and learned f*cking nothing with it.
Jul 31, 2016 7:41 PM

Jun 2013
It was quite average. I really like the futuristic setting and the neurolink technology they use. However, the concept of Brain burst feels boring and bit absurd since all they do is duels for points that give you super human abilities. The story was okay for the first half but the second half was absolutely terrible. Watching the Taker Arc was such a drag because it was needlessly complicated and exaggerated. I felt like I could've just skim through half of it without missing out anything. The last fights were good but I feel like none of this would've escalated had Haru finished Noumi off in episode 15 instead of showing off his wings to prove how much of a worthy man he is to his princess so she doesn't forsake him.

The characters weren't any better either. The MC Haru is a little different physically but same like any beta MC mentally with a very low self esteem which stays with him throughout the show to the point it just a pain to watch. As for Kuroyukihime I just can't seem to trust her. I feel like she is putting on a facade to manipulate others and her romance with Haru seems superficial as well.

I think the anime has a few good points but bad writing and lack of creativity overshadows it. 5/10
I-JitsuJul 31, 2016 7:51 PM
Aug 2, 2016 1:29 PM
Sep 2014
you gave AW 5/10 and akame ga kill 7/10, ok man lol, it's your opinion, but take this advice, next anime you watch, make sure to actually watch it, to watch something it doesn't mean to just see the frames, the images, you need to understand it too
Aug 5, 2016 2:31 PM

Jun 2013
KYPRIME said:
you gave AW 5/10 and akame ga kill 7/10, ok man lol, it's your opinion, but take this advice, next anime you watch, make sure to actually watch it, to watch something it doesn't mean to just see the frames, the images, you need to understand it too

LOL is this coming from someone who gave Tokyo Ghoul 10/10? How about you practice what you preach first and then I will take you advice seriously.
Aug 6, 2016 5:38 AM
Sep 2014
FatalGaze said:
KYPRIME said:

LOL is this coming from someone who gave Tokyo Ghoul 10/10? How about you practice what you preach first and then I will take you advice seriously.

last time i checked tokyo ghoul is loved by the people where akame is hated so what's your point? tokyo ghoul actually had a decent adaptation while akame is just a short shock factor who is going to die this week promotional material for the manga, that exposes you right there, you gave 7/10 to a cheap bad tv ad for a manga, #XPOSED, everything you say is irrelevant
Aug 6, 2016 8:47 AM

Jun 2013
KYPRIME said:
FatalGaze said:

last time i checked tokyo ghoul is loved by the people where akame is hated so what's your point? tokyo ghoul actually had a decent adaptation while akame is just a short shock factor who is going to die this week promotional material for the manga, that exposes you right there, you gave 7/10 to a cheap bad tv ad for a manga, #XPOSED, everything you say is irrelevant

It seems like you love making presumptions about people who have an opinion that contradicts yours and then criticising them based on that. Besides I never said TG was bad and Akame was good. Sure TG was good but the fact that you give it a perfect 10 makes me question if you even put your theory at test when you questioned mine. But you are right everything I say will be irrelevant to someone who uses childish hashtags and holds a confirmation bias towards the anime they don't like.
Aug 6, 2016 7:18 PM
Sep 2014
FatalGaze said:
KYPRIME said:

It seems like you love making presumptions about people who have an opinion that contradicts yours and then criticising them based on that. Besides I never said TG was bad and Akame was good. Sure TG was good but the fact that you give it a perfect 10 makes me question if you even put your theory at test when you questioned mine. But you are right everything I say will be irrelevant to someone who uses childish hashtags and holds a confirmation bias towards the anime they don't like.
i'm not a stupid "critic" that gives batman v superman a 3/10 or something like that, i can look at the bigger picture and what the author wanted to do, if he has done a good job and made something that i can enjoy multiple times and it succeeds to remain in my memory for a long time then it's 7.5 to 10, i listen the tokyo ghoul OST once a few months, do you listen to any OSTs of the animes you watch? i bet no, that's why people like you consume content just to consume it, when you looked at AW you damn well known from the first episode how it will be and you still kept watching, if you could still watch it maybe it wasn't that bad, otherwise you would've dropped it right? i mean if i'm watching something that it is a 5 i'm dropping it as soon as i can, but not people like you, you cannot wait to find something to shit on, that's your purpose in life, even i can see the good in SAO or the bad in AW but they are opposites, SAO first episodes were filled with potential enough to blind you in to believing that the whole Aincrad arc was awesome when in fact it's all shit, that's a bad anime, something that lies to you and it's made to fool you, AW is not loved by people because it tells the truth, a real gamer with skills is like Haru 100% not the biker kendo master hacker athlete KIRITO-JESUS-KUN, every movie pre 2000 that was good was shitted on by the critics till after when they become cult classics and loved by the fans, so critics and you all critics-wannabe can go shove it up your own
KYPRIMEAug 6, 2016 7:34 PM
Dec 5, 2016 11:49 AM

Jul 2016
Talk about the most cliche anime I have ever seen, pissed me off so much every episode because of how predictable it was and the fact I had to sit through a lard-ass of a MC who every episode cried like a baby.

Great idea for an anime, especially for those of who wanted to know the future of SAO but the script was balls for this...
Dubbed anime is the best because you can wank without reading ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 22, 2018 7:11 PM
Dec 2014
Just finished the show. Of all the "VR world" anime I have watched so far, I found this the most inoffensive that I left some impression (Log Horizon is probably the most inoffensive, but I did not find it memorable at all). I thought that the series was unambitious; hard to take it seriously when the MC look like Cartman, which allows me to let a bunch of thing slides where I would probably be annoyed otherwise.

Yeah Haru isn't a very exciting MC, I couldn't help think that he was in part made to allow short and chubby teens a gateway to dream about being special and popular with the ladies (to be clear, I don't have a problem with that, most harem characters tend to be fairly ordinary for to be relatable for ordinary people).. But for what it's worth I did not find him as annoying as Kirito, Momonga and Subaru.

Overall I thought that it started off quite well, but I didn't like Noumi as an antagonist (though he is nowhere as bad as the antagonist in the second half of SAO S1). So if a second season is ever made I would probably won't rush to watch it and see how people who didn't like Noumi much find the continuation of the story (part of me do want to know what happens once Kuroyukihime start moving against the Kings again).
Aug 7, 2019 5:41 PM

Jul 2014
This was better than Sword Art Online.
Dec 11, 2019 8:23 AM

Oct 2015
Damn, I kinda felt sorry for Noumi when Silver crow was about to finish him, even though he was the one that set the stipulations of the match. I also felt bad for him, when he couldn't remember Haru there at school.

Most of all, I was impressed by the devious Chiyu's grand scheme, the girl has balls of steel. I couldn't have imagined she tricked Noumi into believing she was his ally all along, pretty commendable considering she has that seemingly Naive persona. Above all, I was mostly intrigued by her ability, which wasn't healing after all, but a time manipulation ability. She was the true star of this last episode, it made me change my mind completely about her. But I'm wondering if she'll officially join Black Lotus's legion or what? If she already did, it would've been nice if they formalized her properly. But I'll forgive since the show was based on time.

The sofa moment between Kuroyukihime and Haru was actually quite sweet, I would've preferred some beautiful kiss though. As for Megumi, it seem she has been in the game and her memories were some kind of wiped off, the same as Noumi. I wonder who did it though? In other note, I'm glad Kuroyukihime and sky raker patched things up, and it seems they will be on the same team from now on. I was wondering Kuroyukihime's name, it seems like it starts with "Sa", because sky raker called her Sacchan. I imagine it could be be Sachiko or Sayomi, but I bet on Sachiko.

I will have to check out the manga for more, because I kinda like this series a bit. The MC Haru may be hated but think he's a tubby cute short guy who only wants to protect his princess, don't tubby people deserve love too? I want to play with his chin though;-)

What ever happened to Jigsaw?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 22, 2020 9:30 AM
Jan 2017
this anime was pretty good i liked the whole concept of ones dreams, fears, and full personality being made into a fighting character. I also really liked how this is basically like a sequel to SAO since it introduced the NerveGear.
But My god they put a lil too much uncalled for fan service.
I hope 1 of the incredibly short side stories/sequels actually show them reaching level 10

As for this anime eh I give it a 7/10 maybe a 6.5. Mainly cause I just like SAO better.
May 14, 2020 10:31 AM

Mar 2018
I really enjoyed the first half of the show but the second half felt like torture. Noumi as the villain, Chiyu's betrayal (even if it turned out to be fake) and Haru reverting to his original crying and whining killed everything I liked about the show. 5/10
Jul 28, 2020 8:32 PM
Apr 2015
I really liked how Haru didnt not spare the villain, that happens way too much. He showed no mercy, the character that you thought would ended up showing none
Jul 28, 2020 8:32 PM
Apr 2015
I really liked how Haru didnt not spare the villain, that happens way too much. He showed no mercy, the character that you thought would ended up showing none
Mar 1, 2021 4:54 AM
Apr 2020
7/10 overall. Would've rate it 8/10 but...

I have no problems regarding on the anime, besides on the 2nd part of it. I don't know.. That arc felt pretty useless for me to include on it. There's some episodes that felt really boring and sleepy to watch (because of the plot, maybe?) .. But all in all, it was a good. Even with the open ending, the final fight was great.

I'll watch it again if there's a new season comes out but it seems like it's pretty impossible to happen.
Kirukato05Mar 1, 2021 4:58 AM
Mar 22, 2021 12:24 AM
Jul 2018
Kirukato05 said:
7/10 overall. Would've rate it 8/10 but...

I have no problems regarding on the anime, besides on the 2nd part of it. I don't know.. That arc felt pretty useless for me to include on it. There's some episodes that felt really boring and sleepy to watch (because of the plot, maybe?) .. But all in all, it was a good. Even with the open ending, the final fight was great.

I'll watch it again if there's a new season comes out but it seems like it's pretty impossible to happen.

the 2nd part pretty much sets up the story for 2 fill 24ep seasons worth of anime content, so that's why it doesn't feel as strong because it's literally a prelude to what's coming, if you want to experience the rest of the story, reading the Light Novels is the only way
Oct 25, 2021 12:08 AM
Sep 2021
This bullshit of an arc doesn't exist
Dec 20, 2021 12:31 PM
Dec 2021
great anime. I adore kuroyukihime to an huge extent
Nov 24, 2022 4:28 AM
Oct 2019
Great Final Fight with a Twist from Chiyu.

Pretty good Season Finale with Happy Ending as well.

7/10

I wish there is another season 😢
Dec 4, 2022 8:06 AM

Feb 2022
I'm still waiting for 2nd season
Jan 19, 2023 11:49 AM
Dec 2022
first have of the anime was good but after thay it became slow
Apr 14, 2023 7:13 AM

Jan 2020

Incoming chessy cliche 1-liner...
Jul 4, 2023 5:49 PM
Apr 2023
It was pretty good and interesting
Nov 5, 2023 12:16 AM

Feb 2019
that was sad what happened to nomi, but he should've seen that coming from a mile away. and chi's plan was...well, reckless, but i had a feeling it was all a ruse. still, she was good at playing the villain and annoy the crap outta everyone lol
Jan 11, 11:47 AM

Jul 2013
Oh wow! So the reason she became his healer was to get the wings back! Because when your ability can both heal and repair, the logical conclusion must be that you are actually rewinding time, and definitely not that your healing also comes with a mending effect. It all makes total sense, guys!

Urgh

1. It's not that she's wrong, it's that she SHOULD be wrong

2. Why tf is there no skill description in this game? Like, wtf? Not explaining any game mechanics to its players is already bad enough, but not explaining the heart and soul of any fighting game that is the character skills? This is the shittiest game of all time, and the only reason anyone would take it seriously at all is for the ability to burst link. The bad guy was right all along.

3. What would she do if her final heal weren't enough to get the wings? Hamboy would have been utterly fucked

4. Why not just keep "healing" hamboy until he gets to the point before he loses his wings?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be frank, this show is what I wished SAO was. The plot is every bit as stupid, but at least the characters and the concept of brain burst are out there enough that it's actually fun to hate-watch for a laugh. Plus, the fights are way cooler.
JustMonakaJan 12, 12:46 AM
Jan 20, 3:24 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to JustMonaka
Oh wow! So the reason she became his healer was to get the wings back! Because when your ability can both heal and repair, the logical conclusion must be that you are actually rewinding time, and definitely not that your healing also comes with a mending effect. It all makes total sense, guys!

Urgh

1. It's not that she's wrong, it's that she SHOULD be wrong

2. Why tf is there no skill description in this game? Like, wtf? Not explaining any game mechanics to its players is already bad enough, but not explaining the heart and soul of any fighting game that is the character skills? This is the shittiest game of all time, and the only reason anyone would take it seriously at all is for the ability to burst link. The bad guy was right all along.

3. What would she do if her final heal weren't enough to get the wings? Hamboy would have been utterly fucked

4. Why not just keep "healing" hamboy until he gets to the point before he loses his wings?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be frank, this show is what I wished SAO was. The plot is every bit as stupid, but at least the characters and the concept of brain burst are out there enough that it's actually fun to hate-watch for a laugh. Plus, the fights are way cooler.
@JustMonaka

1. the abilities they get are tied to their traumas/desires, Lime Bell is obsessed with the past and her wish is to turn time back to the way things were in the past, that is mentioned countless times in the anime before she gets her avatar, surprise surprise her avatar's special ability is to turn back time, who could've seen it coming, no, for sure it was just some generic healing because this is totally just a game and not a cover for an alternate digital world

2. each character change counts as a step forward, her ability is to reverse current builds to earlier configs, Dusk Taker changes his build on the fly all the time with the stored abilities and it's HIS build's ability to STEAL abilities, in order to reverse that, you would need enough reverses to undo both arms weapon equips and then the action of stealing the wings, which that would be around 3 reverses, she is level 4, 3 level ups, 3 reverse upgraades, makes sense, she can't "heal homeboy", because her ability is not healing, "her homeboy" didn't willingly make the change to remove his wings and what low IQ system do you think would allow special ability stacking? do you see Silver Crow equiping a paid of wings, and then another one? it's all in one go or nothing

next time you watch an anime, drop the low IQ highschooler imaginary high IQ attitude and pay attention instead of trying to hunt for plot holes to prove how smart you are (not)
Jan 20, 5:52 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Orin23
@JustMonaka

1. the abilities they get are tied to their traumas/desires, Lime Bell is obsessed with the past and her wish is to turn time back to the way things were in the past, that is mentioned countless times in the anime before she gets her avatar, surprise surprise her avatar's special ability is to turn back time, who could've seen it coming, no, for sure it was just some generic healing because this is totally just a game and not a cover for an alternate digital world

2. each character change counts as a step forward, her ability is to reverse current builds to earlier configs, Dusk Taker changes his build on the fly all the time with the stored abilities and it's HIS build's ability to STEAL abilities, in order to reverse that, you would need enough reverses to undo both arms weapon equips and then the action of stealing the wings, which that would be around 3 reverses, she is level 4, 3 level ups, 3 reverse upgraades, makes sense, she can't "heal homeboy", because her ability is not healing, "her homeboy" didn't willingly make the change to remove his wings and what low IQ system do you think would allow special ability stacking? do you see Silver Crow equiping a paid of wings, and then another one? it's all in one go or nothing

next time you watch an anime, drop the low IQ highschooler imaginary high IQ attitude and pay attention instead of trying to hunt for plot holes to prove how smart you are (not)
@Orin23
1. I didn't say that rewinding time doesn't make sense. I was questioning the jump in logic that the character made. It's a game. Healing is as self-explanatory as it can get. If there's one character in this universe who treats Brain Burst as a game, it's her.

Even if she suspected that there's more to the ability than just healing, it's all assumption. She has got no confirmation, nor has she experimented with it before she acted. It's all a theory, and she's lucky to be correct, otherwise everyone would be fucked.

Also, "alternate digital world"? Digimon is the alternate digital world, not this. Nothing about this suggests anything more than an AR open-world fighting game, except the ability to accelerate which, again, is explained away with technology and not because it's a different reality.

2. Wow, that's a whole lot of hoops that you have jumped through.

2A. What counts as a step for a "character change"? Activating an ability? Changing his build? Leveling up? Losing HP? Never explained.

2B. You said so yourself, the bad guy changes his build on the fly all the time. So, unless she's with him 24/7, or she's got a step counter to rely on, she should not have known how many reverses it'd take. After all, one extra change is all it would have taken to ruin her plan.

2C. Yeah, her ability is not healing. It's rewinding time, so why would it matter if hamboy's willing to have his wings stolen or not? Why would it matter whose ability it was? His body is reversing to a prior point in time. He had wings at some point in the past. Return to that point. Done. He's not stacking another pair of wings, he would simply regain the pair that he lost.

2D. Idk, the low IQ system that thinks an ability to permanently steal is fair and balanced?
Jan 20, 8:08 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to JustMonaka
@Orin23
1. I didn't say that rewinding time doesn't make sense. I was questioning the jump in logic that the character made. It's a game. Healing is as self-explanatory as it can get. If there's one character in this universe who treats Brain Burst as a game, it's her.

Even if she suspected that there's more to the ability than just healing, it's all assumption. She has got no confirmation, nor has she experimented with it before she acted. It's all a theory, and she's lucky to be correct, otherwise everyone would be fucked.

Also, "alternate digital world"? Digimon is the alternate digital world, not this. Nothing about this suggests anything more than an AR open-world fighting game, except the ability to accelerate which, again, is explained away with technology and not because it's a different reality.

2. Wow, that's a whole lot of hoops that you have jumped through.

2A. What counts as a step for a "character change"? Activating an ability? Changing his build? Leveling up? Losing HP? Never explained.

2B. You said so yourself, the bad guy changes his build on the fly all the time. So, unless she's with him 24/7, or she's got a step counter to rely on, she should not have known how many reverses it'd take. After all, one extra change is all it would have taken to ruin her plan.

2C. Yeah, her ability is not healing. It's rewinding time, so why would it matter if hamboy's willing to have his wings stolen or not? Why would it matter whose ability it was? His body is reversing to a prior point in time. He had wings at some point in the past. Return to that point. Done. He's not stacking another pair of wings, he would simply regain the pair that he lost.

2D. Idk, the low IQ system that thinks an ability to permanently steal is fair and balanced?
@JustMonaka
this is what happens when you argue to argue, you make stupid points on top of stupid points and dig your own hole deeper

Accel World is a digital world that creates copies of the users mind and builds upon it with the accelerated extra time, separating the two, as long as you have the application, you have access to the extended copy on top of your regular memory, lose the app, you lose access to the extended copy, but the copy itself is its own being, as shown by Chrome Disaster surviving in AW even after the user losing access, Megumi coming back for a moment, and so on, at any point the creator of the game can activate all the minds it has copied and create a society within that world, if you have a brain and watch the show while paying attention, it's easy to figure out that brain burst app is more than just a game

when you spawn in the game, you are in default state with empty special gauge, to perform a build change, you have to either equip an item or activate a special ability, each character has limited items and unique abilities, Dusk has limited storage for items, it is explained in the show, and there are rules on what he can steal, he can steal items, he can't steal abilities, he stole the wings, not the ability to fly, as Crow was able to fly still with another item

the reason she figured out it was a reversal ability was because of Crow's second fight where Dusk unequipped items so he can switch to incarnate and when she used her ability on him, it didn't only restore his physical avatar, but it also reequipped the previous item

again, pay attention next time you watch something and you won't be as confused, the show doesn't have to literally stop and give you a fing breakdown of what is happening and how everything works, pay attention, this is not Naruto where somebody starts doing a jutsu, they cut to a flash back where they show who taught them the jutsu, then cut to a flashback on how that person got the jutsu, 10 episodes later a filler arc starts, 5 episodes later we come back to the flashback inception, he explains what will happen when he does the jutsu, 3 episodes later we see everybody's reaction to the jutsu, and in 25 episodes we got through a battle, use your brain, it's called critical thinking
Jan 21, 12:12 AM

Jul 2013
@Orin23
Accel World is a digital world that creates copies of the users mind and builds upon it with the accelerated extra time, separating the two, as long as you have the application, you have access to the extended copy on top of your regular memory, lose the app, you lose access to the extended copy, but the copy itself is its own being, as shown by Chrome Disaster surviving in AW even after the user losing access, Megumi coming back for a moment, and so on, at any point the creator of the game can activate all the minds it has copied and create a society within that world, if you have a brain and watch the show while paying attention, it's easy to figure out that brain burst app is more than just a game"

None of that proves that it's another reality. It's literally account creation. Real game account "remembers" stuffs that I don't too: how many matches I've played, highest damage I've dealt, my win/lose ratio, the items I have, how many gacha I've pulled, etc. This is just a more advanced version of what we already have in real life. The dynamic world that adapts to the players' action already exists as well, Resident Evil's difficulty adjustment is the most basic example.

Also, I admit, I was multi-tasking in some part, so feel free to give an episode and a timestamp to prove me wrong, but a lot of that wasn't even mentioned in the show itself, so it's either your headcanon or a novel explanation, which doesn't matter to this conversation since I'm talking about the anime. When did they ever talk about the creator activating all copies of the mind thing?

"when you spawn in the game, you are in default state with empty special gauge, to perform a build change, you have to either equip an item or activate a special ability"

When was the build change thing mentioned again?

And how did she know her ability scales off of that? What if her ability only rewinded to the start of the fight, or 30 minutes back, or at the point of their latest burst link? She doesn't know the extent of her ability even if she did question the healing aspect. That's my whole point.

"the reason she figured out it was a reversal ability was because of Crow's second fight where Dusk unequipped items so he can switch to incarnate and when she used her ability on him, it didn't only restore his physical avatar, but it also reequipped the previous item"

Still doesn't change the fact that it's a speculation, not confirmation. And that she still doesn't know how many reverses it'd take. For all she knows, asshole could go off alone to experiment with his flying build one night, but unsatisfied with the result, he changed back to the way it was before. That's it. That's all it would have taken to ruin her plan. You see how many holes that plan had, when she could have just called hamboy out and spammed heal on him instead?

"the show doesn't have to literally stop and give you a fing breakdown of what is happening and how everything works,"

This is the last anime I wanted to hear that about, when 80% of it was sitting around talking about the plot. Naruto was more "show, don't tell" than this.

So I guess the bottom text is, I'm sorry I didn't pay enough attention that I made you write 2 essays filled with countless insults, yet somehow my points still stand? That her plan was stupid, that all of these problems wouldn't have existed if the game had skill description, that she could've healed hamboy instead of going through these 30 extra steps?
JustMonakaJan 21, 2:34 AM
Jan 29, 3:17 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to JustMonaka
@Orin23
Accel World is a digital world that creates copies of the users mind and builds upon it with the accelerated extra time, separating the two, as long as you have the application, you have access to the extended copy on top of your regular memory, lose the app, you lose access to the extended copy, but the copy itself is its own being, as shown by Chrome Disaster surviving in AW even after the user losing access, Megumi coming back for a moment, and so on, at any point the creator of the game can activate all the minds it has copied and create a society within that world, if you have a brain and watch the show while paying attention, it's easy to figure out that brain burst app is more than just a game"

None of that proves that it's another reality. It's literally account creation. Real game account "remembers" stuffs that I don't too: how many matches I've played, highest damage I've dealt, my win/lose ratio, the items I have, how many gacha I've pulled, etc. This is just a more advanced version of what we already have in real life. The dynamic world that adapts to the players' action already exists as well, Resident Evil's difficulty adjustment is the most basic example.

Also, I admit, I was multi-tasking in some part, so feel free to give an episode and a timestamp to prove me wrong, but a lot of that wasn't even mentioned in the show itself, so it's either your headcanon or a novel explanation, which doesn't matter to this conversation since I'm talking about the anime. When did they ever talk about the creator activating all copies of the mind thing?

"when you spawn in the game, you are in default state with empty special gauge, to perform a build change, you have to either equip an item or activate a special ability"

When was the build change thing mentioned again?

And how did she know her ability scales off of that? What if her ability only rewinded to the start of the fight, or 30 minutes back, or at the point of their latest burst link? She doesn't know the extent of her ability even if she did question the healing aspect. That's my whole point.

"the reason she figured out it was a reversal ability was because of Crow's second fight where Dusk unequipped items so he can switch to incarnate and when she used her ability on him, it didn't only restore his physical avatar, but it also reequipped the previous item"

Still doesn't change the fact that it's a speculation, not confirmation. And that she still doesn't know how many reverses it'd take. For all she knows, asshole could go off alone to experiment with his flying build one night, but unsatisfied with the result, he changed back to the way it was before. That's it. That's all it would have taken to ruin her plan. You see how many holes that plan had, when she could have just called hamboy out and spammed heal on him instead?

"the show doesn't have to literally stop and give you a fing breakdown of what is happening and how everything works,"

This is the last anime I wanted to hear that about, when 80% of it was sitting around talking about the plot. Naruto was more "show, don't tell" than this.

So I guess the bottom text is, I'm sorry I didn't pay enough attention that I made you write 2 essays filled with countless insults, yet somehow my points still stand? That her plan was stupid, that all of these problems wouldn't have existed if the game had skill description, that she could've healed hamboy instead of going through these 30 extra steps?
@JustMonaka none of your points stand, again, for the second time, stories don't have to explain everything to you with words, pay attention to what happens, pay attention to the introduced concepts, use critical thinking, connect the dots ability, logic, reason, etc.

unless your IQ is lower than the minimum IQ necessary to join the military, none of your questions should've been questions after watching the show

I don't understand how you people can get jobs in real life, what are you doing at your job? because I can't imagine you doing any type of intense high skill operations that require you to think on your feet, make split second decisions and use deduction, don't cry when your job gets replaced by AI
Jan 29, 11:38 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Orin23
@JustMonaka none of your points stand, again, for the second time, stories don't have to explain everything to you with words, pay attention to what happens, pay attention to the introduced concepts, use critical thinking, connect the dots ability, logic, reason, etc.

unless your IQ is lower than the minimum IQ necessary to join the military, none of your questions should've been questions after watching the show

I don't understand how you people can get jobs in real life, what are you doing at your job? because I can't imagine you doing any type of intense high skill operations that require you to think on your feet, make split second decisions and use deduction, don't cry when your job gets replaced by AI
@Orin23 r/iamverysmart

Yeah sure, insult me some more. That's how you win a discussion, not by addressing the topic but by attacking the other side. The irony of your repeated mentioning of "IQ" and "critical thinking" while utterly failing to have a civil conversation is hilarious.

If you "use critical thinking" and "connect the dot", you would have known by now that I approach the story from the character's point of view instead of automatically buying into whatever snake oil explanation that they give to patch the 50 holes in the story.

Anyhow, no more time to waste on you, gotta go play Naraka Blade Point now. Can't leave it for too long because the AI in that game were made using actual players' builds, which means that the game is definitely an alternate reality and not just a video game.
Feb 1, 5:08 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to JustMonaka
@Orin23 r/iamverysmart

Yeah sure, insult me some more. That's how you win a discussion, not by addressing the topic but by attacking the other side. The irony of your repeated mentioning of "IQ" and "critical thinking" while utterly failing to have a civil conversation is hilarious.

If you "use critical thinking" and "connect the dot", you would have known by now that I approach the story from the character's point of view instead of automatically buying into whatever snake oil explanation that they give to patch the 50 holes in the story.

Anyhow, no more time to waste on you, gotta go play Naraka Blade Point now. Can't leave it for too long because the AI in that game were made using actual players' builds, which means that the game is definitely an alternate reality and not just a video game.
@JustMonaka

I guess somebody hasn't seen a little show called SAO, made by the same author, where the entire show is about the creation of digital worlds and consciousness transfer to populate them, which is a prequel to AW

I could make you look even dumber with some light novel info, but I don't want to spoil some randoms that will come here at some point

dude, it's not my fault that I watch more anime than you and I know wtf I'm talking about, nobody is insulting you, most people are low IQ, almost half of the population, it is what it is, guess in which half you belong
Feb 1, 9:21 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Orin23
@JustMonaka

I guess somebody hasn't seen a little show called SAO, made by the same author, where the entire show is about the creation of digital worlds and consciousness transfer to populate them, which is a prequel to AW

I could make you look even dumber with some light novel info, but I don't want to spoil some randoms that will come here at some point

dude, it's not my fault that I watch more anime than you and I know wtf I'm talking about, nobody is insulting you, most people are low IQ, almost half of the population, it is what it is, guess in which half you belong
@Orin23 So "critical thinking" actually means "refer to the info that is not presented in the anime and is irrelevant to this episode discussion"

Guess I should also raise my IQ by consuming more media that I know I hate too. It all makes sense now. Creative writing and game design classes that I took were all lies. Thanks for the words of wisdom, my friend.
Feb 1, 11:20 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to JustMonaka
@Orin23 So "critical thinking" actually means "refer to the info that is not presented in the anime and is irrelevant to this episode discussion"

Guess I should also raise my IQ by consuming more media that I know I hate too. It all makes sense now. Creative writing and game design classes that I took were all lies. Thanks for the words of wisdom, my friend.
@JustMonaka

yeah because the point of the series is added way later out of nowhere and totally not setup early with elements like items who shouldn't have wills of their own, having wills of their own, split personalities, narrative threads that begin literally within the first 12 episodes

you just proved my point, you need stuff to be told to you, you can't pick up early on it

learn

do better
Feb 1, 11:48 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Orin23
@JustMonaka

yeah because the point of the series is added way later out of nowhere and totally not setup early with elements like items who shouldn't have wills of their own, having wills of their own, split personalities, narrative threads that begin literally within the first 12 episodes

you just proved my point, you need stuff to be told to you, you can't pick up early on it

learn

do better
@Orin23 Items that take control of their owner's mind and cause them to go berserk. Where have I seen that before? Oh right, Dragon Quest had it 3 decades ago.

Alright now, get a grip, what I'm about to say will be a shocking revelation, so take a deep breath. Ok, you ready? Here we go: having an AI taking away the control of the character(s) from their player is a common thing in video games. AI is not an alien concept. Shocking, right? I know.

You know what? At this point, I'm halfway convinced that what the novel meant by "the other world" is not that it's literally another world. Rather, since the technology has gotten to the point that the players can practically live in the game, it's meant to be taken in the psychological sense that being exposed to the game for so long would influence who these characters are as persons and how they see the real world compared to the game world. You know, those talks about how your internet persona is also your other real identity and all that jazz.

If this were the case, then yes, it'd make sense. These are the elements that were established and hammered down deep in the story. Otherwise, things would have to change drastically to jump from "characters' perception of the world" to "literally another world". And by drastically, I mean the story would have to replace its main theme altogether, not just something on the level of "oh no, AI has become sentient" or some shit.
JustMonakaFeb 2, 9:24 AM
Feb 3, 3:06 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to JustMonaka
@Orin23 Items that take control of their owner's mind and cause them to go berserk. Where have I seen that before? Oh right, Dragon Quest had it 3 decades ago.

Alright now, get a grip, what I'm about to say will be a shocking revelation, so take a deep breath. Ok, you ready? Here we go: having an AI taking away the control of the character(s) from their player is a common thing in video games. AI is not an alien concept. Shocking, right? I know.

You know what? At this point, I'm halfway convinced that what the novel meant by "the other world" is not that it's literally another world. Rather, since the technology has gotten to the point that the players can practically live in the game, it's meant to be taken in the psychological sense that being exposed to the game for so long would influence who these characters are as persons and how they see the real world compared to the game world. You know, those talks about how your internet persona is also your other real identity and all that jazz.

If this were the case, then yes, it'd make sense. These are the elements that were established and hammered down deep in the story. Otherwise, things would have to change drastically to jump from "characters' perception of the world" to "literally another world". And by drastically, I mean the story would have to replace its main theme altogether, not just something on the level of "oh no, AI has become sentient" or some shit.
@JustMonaka

I don't know why you keep using these dogshit games you play to make points, they have nothing to do with what happens in this story, AW is not a game,

in fact,
Feb 3, 3:47 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Orin23
@JustMonaka

I don't know why you keep using these dogshit games you play to make points, they have nothing to do with what happens in this story, AW is not a game,

in fact,
@Orin23 Not gonna read those spoilers. The fact that you can't disprove me without citing future events already proves the point that your "critical thinking" claim is dogwater and that I'm not wrong in believing that brain burst is a game based on what was shown in the anime.

"This is just a more advanced version of what we already have in real life"

is what I said in one of the replies above. Every example that you have brought up so far can be explained away by this single sentence.
Feb 3, 9:46 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to JustMonaka
@Orin23 Not gonna read those spoilers. The fact that you can't disprove me without citing future events already proves the point that your "critical thinking" claim is dogwater and that I'm not wrong in believing that brain burst is a game based on what was shown in the anime.

"This is just a more advanced version of what we already have in real life"

is what I said in one of the replies above. Every example that you have brought up so far can be explained away by this single sentence.
@JustMonaka all is set up from the first ep, if you can't pick up on it, that's your fault and that proves my point
Feb 4, 12:22 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Orin23
@JustMonaka all is set up from the first ep, if you can't pick up on it, that's your fault and that proves my point
@Orin23 So much set up and you can't name a single one of them that isn't ambiguous. Great argument.
Feb 7, 11:39 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to JustMonaka
@Orin23 So much set up and you can't name a single one of them that isn't ambiguous. Great argument.
@JustMonaka
already named several of them, the fact that you can't remember one comment explains how you had a hard time following a 24 episode season
Feb 8, 12:07 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Orin23
@JustMonaka
already named several of them, the fact that you can't remember one comment explains how you had a hard time following a 24 episode season
@Orin23 yes, naming the concepts that had all been done in video games before totally proves that it isn't a game.

You're just talking in circles at this point. Stop replying if you have nothing new to say.
JustMonakaFeb 8, 2:30 AM
Feb 11, 3:44 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to JustMonaka
@Orin23 yes, naming the concepts that had all been done in video games before totally proves that it isn't a game.

You're just talking in circles at this point. Stop replying if you have nothing new to say.
@JustMonaka how could I talk in anything but circles when I'm responding to a low IQ monkey who when presented with facts about a futuristic story about illigal use of advanced tech to manipulate souls, responds with concepts from dumbass low quality videogames he plays in real life that have no relevance to the topic
I'm telling you the truth, you refuse to accept it, what do you want me to respond with after that? made up shit like you do? I'm going to keep responding with the same content, the truth, there's nothing else I need to do but post the truth, as many times as it takes, sorry that the truth doesn't have an expiration date, no matter how much you wish it would
Feb 11, 5:19 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Orin23
@JustMonaka how could I talk in anything but circles when I'm responding to a low IQ monkey who when presented with facts about a futuristic story about illigal use of advanced tech to manipulate souls, responds with concepts from dumbass low quality videogames he plays in real life that have no relevance to the topic
I'm telling you the truth, you refuse to accept it, what do you want me to respond with after that? made up shit like you do? I'm going to keep responding with the same content, the truth, there's nothing else I need to do but post the truth, as many times as it takes, sorry that the truth doesn't have an expiration date, no matter how much you wish it would
@Orin23 "bla bla low IQ bla bla critical thinking bla bla I can't make a point because I don't know shit about game development and the anime never mentions anything about human soul"

This will be my last reply to you, but by all means, keep going. You're the textbook example of source material purist and a r/iamverysmart material. Keep me entertained.
Feb 12, 7:17 AM
Mar 2023
@JustMonaka
1. you have demonstrated zero critical thinking skills, that is a fact, you are presented with information you asked for and you deny it for no reason
2. you know nothing about any kind of video game development, you could not even name the difference between DLSS and VRS without googling those terms
3. video game development from 2024 and before in real life has nothing to do with a quantum hardware run simulation through illegal hacking of public systems and distributed through the underground
4. I already told you, several times, that within the first 12 episodes you learn about memory manipulation, player consciousness retention, superhuman perception abilities, digital consciousness vs material world consciousness conflicts/split personalities, to begin with, just to name a few, and even more in the next 12 episodes, all taken to x1000 later, set up as early as the first few episodes, all which are direct continuations of work in the previous work of the same author, SAO

now reply to me again about how I haven't mentioned anything from number 4 yet

monkey
Feb 12, 9:49 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Orin23
@JustMonaka
1. you have demonstrated zero critical thinking skills, that is a fact, you are presented with information you asked for and you deny it for no reason
2. you know nothing about any kind of video game development, you could not even name the difference between DLSS and VRS without googling those terms
3. video game development from 2024 and before in real life has nothing to do with a quantum hardware run simulation through illegal hacking of public systems and distributed through the underground
4. I already told you, several times, that within the first 12 episodes you learn about memory manipulation, player consciousness retention, superhuman perception abilities, digital consciousness vs material world consciousness conflicts/split personalities, to begin with, just to name a few, and even more in the next 12 episodes, all taken to x1000 later, set up as early as the first few episodes, all which are direct continuations of work in the previous work of the same author, SAO

now reply to me again about how I haven't mentioned anything from number 4 yet

monkey
@Orin23 Oh hey, so you can make some arguments, right when I decided to quit too so that your bullshit will appear smart. Fine, I'll bite.

1. The information you provided are either spoiler or vague enough to be interpreted in more ways than one. Answer me, if the choice of interpretation is between "it's the future so the game can be more advanced thanks to the technology" and "it's another world with soul manipulation" and you have zero context as to what comes next, which one sounds more believable to you? If you pick the later, look up what occam's razor is before you try to act smart.

2. Awww the way that you default to the "who's that pokemon?" style dick-measuring contest is so cute. Can I have a hug?

3. But the same design principles can still be applied. Just because the technology have changed doesn't mean that the modern game elements have to be ignored. Just like how moving from physical books to e-books doesn't change how you structure your story. For crying out loud, the game still has HP bar, character skills, level, upgrades, equipments, the open world, etc. In fact, I was approaching this with the technology in mind from the start. It's a game that you control with your mind and have literal power of will programmed in as a game mechanic. How hard is it to believe that the dev would make use of the damn technology when designing the game? How hard is it to believe that a program that's linked to your brain and can speed up its process would be able to mess with your mind in more ways than one?

4. Aaaaannnnnd you still can't name any valid example, because none of those bullshits prove that it's an alternate world. They don't even come close to suggesting the idea. Do you know how big the leap is between "technology that can read and influence human mind" and "literal other world"? We live in an era of isekai, surely you can tell the difference? If you can't, consider stepping outside and observing some nature instead of obsessing over a shitty anime.

And you know what? Even if you're 100% correct in all of those, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter to the story that we're talking about. All of these techno bullshit, all of the convoluted mechanics, all of them serve ONE purpose in the narrative: to enhance the experience. That's it. Do I have to remind you that the ultimate goal of the game is to reach the level 10? The entire thing is still clearly intended to be a game. Otherwise, why would you have to go through a fucking menu to challenge someone to a fight, or to turn a 1v1 into a battle royale? Why bother having a HP bar? What's the point of including these game elements at all? Everything is there to serve the one purpose. It's no difference from why modern games strive for hyper-realism. No difference from why death game stories would go any length to mentally fuck over their players. At the end of the day, it's all about the creator's vision. It's all about what the end goal is. How do you get to level 10? By beating other level 9s. What does that signify? "Prove that you're the best player in the damn game"

Quoting the source material like a parrot, dropping spoilers left and right when the forum rules clearly forbid you to, and pretending you're galaxy brain for being able to identify the foreshadowings because you have the hindsight are not the signs of being smart, my friend. They're quite the opposite.

(edited to highlight one sentence that tears apart the entire scribble below. Not gonna bother making another reply, I've already wasted way too much time on this dunning-kruger brick)
JustMonakaFeb 17, 8:35 AM
Feb 14, 3:38 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to JustMonaka
@Orin23 Oh hey, so you can make some arguments, right when I decided to quit too so that your bullshit will appear smart. Fine, I'll bite.

1. The information you provided are either spoiler or vague enough to be interpreted in more ways than one. Answer me, if the choice of interpretation is between "it's the future so the game can be more advanced thanks to the technology" and "it's another world with soul manipulation" and you have zero context as to what comes next, which one sounds more believable to you? If you pick the later, look up what occam's razor is before you try to act smart.

2. Awww the way that you default to the "who's that pokemon?" style dick-measuring contest is so cute. Can I have a hug?

3. But the same design principles can still be applied. Just because the technology have changed doesn't mean that the modern game elements have to be ignored. Just like how moving from physical books to e-books doesn't change how you structure your story. For crying out loud, the game still has HP bar, character skills, level, upgrades, equipments, the open world, etc. In fact, I was approaching this with the technology in mind from the start. It's a game that you control with your mind and have literal power of will programmed in as a game mechanic. How hard is it to believe that the dev would make use of the damn technology when designing the game? How hard is it to believe that a program that's linked to your brain and can speed up its process would be able to mess with your mind in more ways than one?

4. Aaaaannnnnd you still can't name any valid example, because none of those bullshits prove that it's an alternate world. They don't even come close to suggesting the idea. Do you know how big the leap is between "technology that can read and influence human mind" and "literal other world"? We live in an era of isekai, surely you can tell the difference? If you can't, consider stepping outside and observing some nature instead of obsessing over a shitty anime.

And you know what? Even if you're 100% correct in all of those, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter to the story that we're talking about. All of these techno bullshit, all of the convoluted mechanics, all of them serve ONE purpose in the narrative: to enhance the experience. That's it. Do I have to remind you that the ultimate goal of the game is to reach the level 10? The entire thing is still clearly intended to be a game. Otherwise, why would you have to go through a fucking menu to challenge someone to a fight, or to turn a 1v1 into a battle royale? Why bother having a HP bar? What's the point of including these game elements at all? Everything is there to serve the one purpose. It's no difference from why modern games strive for hyper-realism. No difference from why death game stories would go any length to mentally fuck over their players. At the end of the day, it's all about the creator's vision. It's all about what the end goal is. How do you get to level 10? By beating other level 9s. What does that signify? "Prove that you're the best player in the damn game"

Quoting the source material like a parrot, dropping spoilers left and right when the forum rules clearly forbid you to, and pretending you're galaxy brain for being able to identify the foreshadowings because you have the hindsight are not the signs of being smart, my friend. They're quite the opposite.

(edited to highlight one sentence that tears apart the entire scribble below. Not gonna bother making another reply, I've already wasted way too much time on this dunning-kruger brick)
@JustMonaka
yet another deflection out of ignorance, you came in unprepared, all these pointless questiosn are answered if you either bothered to experience the author's previous work or used your brain to figure it out from life experience and documentation of general information, but that is the problem, you have no general education, why is this experiment ran in the form of a video game? to attract willing unknowning individuals as subjects, just as Elon Musk is running tests of putting chips into people's brain right now for the purpose of "helping blind people" and totally not for advanced warfare military contracts in the future for enhanced soldies/killing machines

as far as spoilers, there are no spoilers, or did you miss the early episode where a human being literally gains superspeed powers in real life from this "video game" or the later examples of how this "video game" stores a 100% copy of the player's mind?, everything I've said is from the first seasons unless it's marked as a spoiler
Orin23Feb 14, 3:42 PM
Feb 18, 5:25 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to JustMonaka

@JustMonaka
just as predicted, he reads to respond, not to understand, just as pointed out above, after completely destroyng every single one of his blabers, what does he do? he repeats them like nothing happened, which is what he did from the first to the last post, the point of the game is not to be hyper realistic or to punish players peabrain, the point is to research how people would fare to experimental tech like time acceleration, what effect that has on one's mind, how would they be able to adapt to long term living inside a digital world, but those subjects are too complex for your peabrain, go play gacha games or whatever low quality games you waste your time on
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 20, 2012

185 by TuanDai »»
Jan 2, 11:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.