Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Accel World Episode 24 Discussion

Sep 2, 2015 9:42 AM
The best ending eva! I was tired of 'let the evil dude go' stuff.
I'm kinda sad I have to wait whole year for 2nd season.

Sep 12, 2015 11:41 PM

I really disliked Noumi as he did underhanded methods to defeat his opponents or gain control of them and also as he would selfishly use his acceleration to cheat in Kendo and his school exams.

Noumi was forced by his Older Brother/Parent to aid him in getting burst points until he gained enough level and skill to kill his brother's avatar. The way Noumi's avatar was destroyed eerily mirrored that as he made Chiyu work for him but when she had leveled enough and the final duel was decided she contacted Kuroyukihime and used her special move to return Silver Crow's wings back to Haru and this ultimately led to his avatar's destruction.

I gotta say had Noumi been shown mercy he would have most certainly returned with a payback scheme.
Modified by MysteryFan89, Sep 14, 2015 1:38 PM

Dec 21, 2015 6:45 PM

This moment, these red eyes, this train - I laughed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 13, 2016 12:17 AM

I really liked it. Kuroyukihime us so pretty! The only thing that is really bothering me is that I didn't get to see what kuroyukihime's friend got her as a gift or what she got her friend. I wanted to see them open the presents XD
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin

Mar 16, 2016 1:56 PM
I don't think Noumi needed to end up that way. People just don't get why he has that personality, and the other characters, the "good guys" just contribute to him being this way and getting worse. No one can really put themselves in his place and understand how did he feel, and I hate he have to be considered the bad guy because of that, while the good guys have to win and still being happy and learned f*cking nothing with it.

Jul 31, 2016 7:41 PM

It was quite average. I really like the futuristic setting and the neurolink technology they use. However, the concept of Brain burst feels boring and bit absurd since all they do is duels for points that give you super human abilities. The story was okay for the first half but the second half was absolutely terrible. Watching the Taker Arc was such a drag because it was needlessly complicated and exaggerated. I felt like I could've just skim through half of it without missing out anything. The last fights were good but I feel like none of this would've escalated had Haru finished Noumi off in episode 15 instead of showing off his wings to prove how much of a worthy man he is to his princess so she doesn't forsake him.

The characters weren't any better either. The MC Haru is a little different physically but same like any beta MC mentally with a very low self esteem which stays with him throughout the show to the point it just a pain to watch. As for Kuroyukihime I just can't seem to trust her. I feel like she is putting on a facade to manipulate others and her romance with Haru seems superficial as well.

I think the anime has a few good points but bad writing and lack of creativity overshadows it. 5/10
Modified by I-Jitsu, Jul 31, 2016 7:51 PM

Aug 2, 2016 1:29 PM
you gave AW 5/10 and akame ga kill 7/10, ok man lol, it's your opinion, but take this advice, next anime you watch, make sure to actually watch it, to watch something it doesn't mean to just see the frames, the images, you need to understand it too

Aug 5, 2016 2:31 PM

KYPRIME said:
you gave AW 5/10 and akame ga kill 7/10, ok man lol, it's your opinion, but take this advice, next anime you watch, make sure to actually watch it, to watch something it doesn't mean to just see the frames, the images, you need to understand it too

LOL is this coming from someone who gave Tokyo Ghoul 10/10? How about you practice what you preach first and then I will take you advice seriously.

Aug 6, 2016 5:38 AM
FatalGaze said:
KYPRIME said:

LOL is this coming from someone who gave Tokyo Ghoul 10/10? How about you practice what you preach first and then I will take you advice seriously.

last time i checked tokyo ghoul is loved by the people where akame is hated so what's your point? tokyo ghoul actually had a decent adaptation while akame is just a short shock factor who is going to die this week promotional material for the manga, that exposes you right there, you gave 7/10 to a cheap bad tv ad for a manga, #XPOSED, everything you say is irrelevant

Aug 6, 2016 8:47 AM

KYPRIME said:
FatalGaze said:

last time i checked tokyo ghoul is loved by the people where akame is hated so what's your point? tokyo ghoul actually had a decent adaptation while akame is just a short shock factor who is going to die this week promotional material for the manga, that exposes you right there, you gave 7/10 to a cheap bad tv ad for a manga, #XPOSED, everything you say is irrelevant

It seems like you love making presumptions about people who have an opinion that contradicts yours and then criticising them based on that. Besides I never said TG was bad and Akame was good. Sure TG was good but the fact that you give it a perfect 10 makes me question if you even put your theory at test when you questioned mine. But you are right everything I say will be irrelevant to someone who uses childish hashtags and holds a confirmation bias towards the anime they don't like.

Aug 6, 2016 7:18 PM
FatalGaze said:
KYPRIME said:

It seems like you love making presumptions about people who have an opinion that contradicts yours and then criticising them based on that. Besides I never said TG was bad and Akame was good. Sure TG was good but the fact that you give it a perfect 10 makes me question if you even put your theory at test when you questioned mine. But you are right everything I say will be irrelevant to someone who uses childish hashtags and holds a confirmation bias towards the anime they don't like.
i'm not a stupid "critic" that gives batman v superman a 3/10 or something like that, i can look at the bigger picture and what the author wanted to do, if he has done a good job and made something that i can enjoy multiple times and it succeeds to remain in my memory for a long time then it's 7.5 to 10, i listen the tokyo ghoul OST once a few months, do you listen to any OSTs of the animes you watch? i bet no, that's why people like you consume content just to consume it, when you looked at AW you damn well known from the first episode how it will be and you still kept watching, if you could still watch it maybe it wasn't that bad, otherwise you would've dropped it right? i mean if i'm watching something that it is a 5 i'm dropping it as soon as i can, but not people like you, you cannot wait to find something to shit on, that's your purpose in life, even i can see the good in SAO or the bad in AW but they are opposites, SAO first episodes were filled with potential enough to blind you in to believing that the whole Aincrad arc was awesome when in fact it's all shit, that's a bad anime, something that lies to you and it's made to fool you, AW is not loved by people because it tells the truth, a real gamer with skills is like Haru 100% not the biker kendo master hacker athlete KIRITO-JESUS-KUN, every movie pre 2000 that was good was shitted on by the critics till after when they become cult classics and loved by the fans, so critics and you all critics-wannabe can go shove it up your own
Modified by KYPRIME, Aug 6, 2016 7:34 PM

Dec 5, 2016 11:49 AM

Talk about the most cliche anime I have ever seen, pissed me off so much every episode because of how predictable it was and the fact I had to sit through a lard-ass of a MC who every episode cried like a baby.

Great idea for an anime, especially for those of who wanted to know the future of SAO but the script was balls for this...
Dubbed anime is the best because you can wank without reading ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sep 22, 2018 7:11 PM
Just finished the show. Of all the "VR world" anime I have watched so far, I found this the most inoffensive that I left some impression (Log Horizon is probably the most inoffensive, but I did not find it memorable at all). I thought that the series was unambitious; hard to take it seriously when the MC look like Cartman, which allows me to let a bunch of thing slides where I would probably be annoyed otherwise.

Yeah Haru isn't a very exciting MC, I couldn't help think that he was in part made to allow short and chubby teens a gateway to dream about being special and popular with the ladies (to be clear, I don't have a problem with that, most harem characters tend to be fairly ordinary for to be relatable for ordinary people).. But for what it's worth I did not find him as annoying as Kirito, Momonga and Subaru.

Overall I thought that it started off quite well, but I didn't like Noumi as an antagonist (though he is nowhere as bad as the antagonist in the second half of SAO S1). So if a second season is ever made I would probably won't rush to watch it and see how people who didn't like Noumi much find the continuation of the story (part of me do want to know what happens once Kuroyukihime start moving against the Kings again).

Aug 7, 5:41 PM
This was better than Sword Art Online.

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]