Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2012 9:13 AM
May 2012
I'm not really a fan of mecha, but this one was good, I'm satisfied with the ending.

7/10.
Sep 23, 2012 10:11 AM
May 2012
Seriously, Chiyuri.

Why can't just told us earlier how is that really work, You Bitch?! Damn it, I thought I was expecting that she would back stab Haruyuki once again.

I mean I never thought that it's more like "regression" skill more than Healing skill, since it not heal but revert the avatar to their previous state (hence why taker got his arm back after he got "cured" by her... if used it properly, it can revert stats to previous weeks and such.
JafriZinSep 23, 2012 10:19 AM
Sep 23, 2012 10:31 AM

Feb 2009
nseika said:
belatkuro said:
There's your answer.
Even if the payout is low or negative(via getting killed by them), the monsters are the only way to replenish Burst Points inside AW as players only give out limited points since they're also a limited source. Monsters respawn everytime and they give out Burst Points.
Not just from being killed

CMIIW
- Entering unlimited field need 10 points.
- Monsters often need to be defeated in group hunting. Points got distributed.
- Using skill when fighting monster consume points.

So there's still big chance that they'd spent more points to defeat the monster than what they get.
What I mean is that the source of the points of all the Accelerated World isn't the players(as they're limited too) but the monsters. If the population is low then the amount of points existing overall in AW is fixed. But I am saying is that the monsters keep the amount of Burst Points in that World even.
Also that's why the level requirement to go in the UNF is level 4, to ensure you can at least fight and survive in there, else you risk getting killed. You also have to have some kind of purpose to go there, else you'd be wasting the 10 points to dive and be killed and lose more points.
And it was said that defeating a high level monster in a group can yield as low as 10 points. It all depends if you can survive in there that you can accumulate points faster than dueling.
Sep 23, 2012 10:33 AM

Jun 2008
JeffreyZin said:
Seriously, Chiyuri.

Why can't just told us earlier how is that really work, You Bitch?! Damn it, I thought I was expecting that she would back stab Haruyuki once again.

She's being careful. She doesn't know if Noumi placed a bug or a hearing device on her, since Noumi is a retro guy.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 23, 2012 11:54 AM

Aug 2012
does anyone have any idea what is the name of the BGM during that epic scene where haru regains his wings and then flys around retardly fast be diving into noumi?
Sep 23, 2012 12:54 PM

Jul 2010
Ah, so that's what it was! Chiyu's power isn't actually healing, but rewinding time for one person only! That's why it returned Dusk Taker's wings to Silver Crow. His new form with the combined jetpack and wings looks awesome. It's like I thought: Chiyu only 'sided' with him so she could earn his trust (and rewind time enough times, I know now). She thought about every detail, was she really Chiyu? xD

I was actually afraid Haruyuki wouldn't be able to go through with it and would wimp out of ending him. I'm glad he didn't. I was getting sick of seeing Noumi's face fot the last - what was it, six? - episodes. Haruyuki's wish sounded like a proposal to Kuroyuki-hime. xD

I'm glad Sky Raker (whose name is apparently Fuuko) and Kuroyuki-hime are back together too.

This was a great series! I hope we'll be seeing another season (or two) from this someday. There's still the goal of becoming level 10 and talking to Accel World's developer. Or maybe a SAO/AW crossover, who knows? Maybe that developer is somehow related the one of SAO? In any case, this one will be getting an 8/10 from me!

Sep 23, 2012 1:14 PM

Mar 2012
I'm surprised kurokyohime couldn't kill the magnet dude.
Great ending. I was going to put it to 8/10 because of chiyu's betrayal ( i always knew she had a reason) and nomi's bitchness but the ending tipped my score to 9/10
Sep 23, 2012 2:30 PM

Oct 2010
For a split second, I thought Haru was going to spare Noumi then he gets
and I'm like dafuq.
I really wanted them to do a stable link with the Burst Link system and SAO.
I STILL NEED TO WATCH SAO FFFFUUUU-
Sep 23, 2012 5:49 PM
Jul 2012
I loved the series from the beggining to the end. And those new girls surely mean another season. IT HAS TO!
Sep 23, 2012 6:31 PM

May 2012
Superb episode. Nuff said.
Now playing Ginyoku no Kakusei while waiting for(ever) Season 2.
Sep 23, 2012 6:41 PM
Apr 2011
Noumi reminded me of Envy from FMA: bro-hood. Kinda androgynous, super irritating throughout his time during the series, and in the end you either felt sorry for him or still wanted to punch his face.
Sep 23, 2012 7:11 PM
Aug 2012
I don't know how else to say it, it was a very good series.

8/10

Season two is pretty much guaranteed with that new character popping up.
Sep 23, 2012 7:31 PM
May 2012
The war between Haruyuki & Nomi Seiji maybe over but Black Vise has still remains at large.

Will he ever strike again next season? NOT fair how that really ended this way.

Never get tired why some minor plot points are 'dropped' especially in EP21 & EP22 about that mysterious guy during the end of EP21 btw. I thought it was supposedly a user of Rust Jigsaw...

PS - NO idea why I'm repeat myself sometimes since NO one seems to response most of my post whatsoever...
JafriZinSep 24, 2012 4:12 AM
Sep 23, 2012 7:53 PM

Feb 2012
It was okay, Noumi's downfall was the highlight of the series for me. Seriously satisfied with how he split.
I have to admit though....without Accel World, he was a pretty likeable kid.
Also, what was that awesome OST at the very end? I want it.
Finally, still don't like Chiyu. Don't care if she saved them ad Haru's wings, i just don't like her

7/10 overall. Was going to give it a 6, since 'Fine' is all i thought throughout this series, but the nice graphics made up for that.
Sep 23, 2012 8:09 PM

Mar 2012
Was nice to see Noumi's ass kicked! But besides the last 3-4 eps the show was not that good.

7-1(for the MC)=6/10
Sep 23, 2012 9:10 PM

Aug 2008
Her ability sure can be useful. I haven't read the novel, but logically speaking, if it were upped to the eleventh, wouldn't you be able to, say, turn a level 10 player into a level 1? In other words, couldn't her time reverse ability be used as an ultimate debuff ability?

Other than that, nice ending. A crow ending shot would've been better than the seagull though. More iconic.
Sep 23, 2012 11:01 PM

Jun 2008
Genix said:
In other words, couldn't her time reverse ability be used as an ultimate debuff ability?

Probably not. Her power is to rewind the time of the body, unless it was a recent add-on, it will just restore things. A King who has played for years seems useless to use it on as a debuff.

]
JeffreyZin said:
The war between Haruyuki & Nomi Seiji maybe over but Black Vise has still remains at la

Never get tired why some minor plot points are 'dropped' especially in EP21 & EP22 about that mysterious guy during the end of EP21 btw. I thought it was supposedly a user of Rust Jigsaw...

Yes, that user was Rust Jigsaw's USer. We get to see the club again later in the series. Black Lotus already swore to destroy them.

Sep 24, 2012 1:35 AM

Sep 2012
ImagineThat said:
Megumi's reaction to seeing Haru as her train was departing was priceless.

That was so awkward and creepy.

Vyudali said:
Finally, still don't like Chiyu. Don't care if she saved them ad Haru's wings, i just don't like her

Me either. Her character was super annoying.
Sep 24, 2012 3:11 AM
Mar 2008
I am not quite sure what to think of this series. Didn't do anything particular good and the incarnation system just seems like the next stupid power level to me. I did enjoy the last fight in this episode but the revelation that Brain burst erases your memories throw me off. I am now siding with the kings about keep the truce active.Nomi after losing his memories changed so much that he was a entirely different seemly dumber kid or at least high on life. Considering how much time the kings seem to spend in brain burst,uninstalling the software would cause massive physiological trauma similar to nomi or worse. Now it seems more like a curse to give someone brain burst. Kuroyukihime's goal before this were selfish but responsible. its a game and without a push it would not reach any logical conclusion and worst case scenario you just lose the right to play. Now your mental scarring people by unstalling the software doesn't seem to be worth meeting the creator of brain burst. So I starting to go back to my original theory back in the first five episodes that Kuroyukihime is using all the main characters.

Episode 8/10 however I think I will give the series a 7.5/10 . That .5 coming from the characters and Haru actually having the balls to end nomi. On a side note totally called Chiyuri having powers similar to orihime from bleach. I do of course like chiyu better then orihime's now I reject reality explanation for her powers instead of rewinding time.
eldon2Sep 24, 2012 3:16 AM
Sep 24, 2012 4:14 AM
May 2012
kaimax said:
Yes, that user was Rust Jigsaw's USer. We get to see the club again later in the series. Black Lotus already swore to destroy them.

I. KNEW IT. 1st I thought that was really Nomi.

Great, I never thought why that plot point WAS ended THAT way during Ep22. #sarcasm
JafriZinSep 24, 2012 4:23 AM
Sep 24, 2012 7:48 AM

Apr 2008
belatkuro said:
What I mean is that the source of the points of all the Accelerated World isn't the players(as they're limited too) but the monsters. If the population is low then the amount of points existing overall in AW is fixed. But I am saying is that the monsters keep the amount of Burst Points in that World even.
Also that's why the level requirement to go in the UNF is level 4, to ensure you can at least fight and survive in there, else you risk getting killed. You also have to have some kind of purpose to go there, else you'd be wasting the 10 points to dive and be killed and lose more points.
And it was said that defeating a high level monster in a group can yield as low as 10 points. It all depends if you can survive in there that you can accumulate points faster than dueling.
Okay, thanks :)

It's because the anime showed more of Nega Nebulos fighting against other players that it's easy to lost idea about them also going into the unlimited field to fight against monsters and collect points.

AlesisQX49 said:
Me either. Her character was super annoying.
Needy girl :P
Sep 24, 2012 8:47 AM
Aug 2012
I liked Accel World. Pehaps not the best but really enjoyable. I give this serie 8/10. I'm also sure there will be a second season.
Sep 24, 2012 9:14 AM

Jun 2008
eldon2 said:
Now your mental scarring people by unstalling the software doesn't seem to be worth meeting the creator of brain burst.

There's no Mental Scarring, it just removes all memories related to the game. Noumi is basically back to his state of mind before installing BB, an innocent and kind kid. He was basically corrupted by BB, and the bullying that he received from his Brother is what really made his sick personality.

Another proof why it's not Mental scarring, Just look at Megumi, Hime's friend, who's also an ex-burst linker And she's not crazy .

Sep 24, 2012 10:46 AM
Jul 2011
I actually really enjoyed this ending. Accel World is finally over and I'm going to miss it. :/
Sep 24, 2012 1:26 PM
Jul 2011
Really enjoyed this season finale. Fingers crossed for season 2! :D
Sep 24, 2012 2:22 PM
Jul 2010
The ending was just meh in my opinion. I liked the action sequences and Haruyuki pwning Noumi but the story was just too illogical. Chiyu's motives were just ridiculous.

Instead of telling them that she is going to heal him very often to get Silver Crow's powers back she just says nothing and generates a needless tension. It just added some emotions for the price of plot quality.

Another bad situation is when Chiyu heals the heavily-injured Noumi. She could have used her ability anytime but she chose to wait until the last moment. What if restoring Silver Crow's powers would have taken one additional healing? Haruyuki and her boyfriend would be defeated and she's all alone with that jerk Noumi.

One last thing I have to rage about is Kuroyuki as she just stood in front of Black Vise instead of running around the barriers and quickly defeating him.
Sep 24, 2012 2:36 PM

Jun 2008
madara1212 said:

Instead of telling them that she is going to heal him very often to get Silver Crow's powers back she just says nothing and generates a needless tension. It just added some emotions for the price of plot quality.

She's being careful. She doesn't know if Noumi planted a bug or a hearing device on her body/Neuro Link.

Another bad situation is when Chiyu heals the heavily-injured Noumi. She could have used her ability anytime but she chose to wait until the last moment. What if restoring Silver Crow's powers would have taken one additional healing? Haruyuki and her boyfriend would be defeated and she's all alone with that jerk Noumi.

Which action is more suspicious: Healing a guy that's not heavily injured yet, or a guy that's almost dead?
She's also waiting for Kuroyukihime, so she can't really heal Noumi when he was getting slashed by Taku. Then she can't move because of the intense pain cause by Noumi "poking" around.

And no, Chiyu doesn't need to "heal" Haaru. His wings comes back to him at the same time it was removed from Noumi's Body.

One last thing I have to rage about is Kuroyuki as she just stood in front of Black Vise instead of running around the barriers and quickly defeating him.

Black Lotus was in a dead lock with Black Vice. Black Vice's defense locks her attack, and he cannot move. Notice that Black Lotus's beams never disappeared this also means she cannot move also.

Sep 24, 2012 3:58 PM

Jun 2010
If Chiyu used her ability to heal Silver Crow right away, there's still the problem of Dusk Taker stealing it all over again, and her effort will come to naught. Not only that, since Noumi would have known about it, he would try to use it to his advantage, such as not hurting Chiyu or preventing her from smashing through walls to store up her power gauge, or worse, killing Lime Bell over and over until Chiyu loses all her points.

So really, the best course of action for her is to not let anyone know about the true nature of her ability until the last moment, and at the same time rack up enough levels to turn back Dusk Taker's time to the point when he doesn't have the Demonic Commandeer in the first place.
ninjaluc79Sep 24, 2012 4:03 PM
Sep 24, 2012 10:05 PM

Feb 2009
ninjaluc79 said:
If Chiyu used her ability to heal Silver Crow right away, there's still the problem of Dusk Taker stealing it all over again, and her effort will come to naught. Not only that, since Noumi would have known about it, he would try to use it to his advantage, such as not hurting Chiyu or preventing her from smashing through walls to store up her power gauge, or worse, killing Lime Bell over and over until Chiyu loses all her points.

So really, the best course of action for her is to not let anyone know about the true nature of her ability until the last moment, and at the same time rack up enough levels to turn back Dusk Taker's time to the point when he doesn't have the Demonic Commandeer in the first place.
Yet if he steals the wings again right there and then, it will just be returned again since the stealing is pretty recent, aka moments ago. If Chiyu can return things stolen days ago, it can return things stolen minutes ago. So yeah.

And who knows how long Noumi has the Demonic Comandeer ability. It's pretty much impossible for the current Chiyu to return his time to when he doesn't have it as that could have been a really long time. Crow losing his wings was pretty recent.
Sep 24, 2012 11:25 PM

Feb 2012
Finally finished marathoning this.
Great series! Much better than SAO :D IN anime adaptation. I loved SAO's LN and can't compare since I haven't read this one.

Good thing they made this open for a second season :D

Who was handling this series again? J.C. Staff?oh it's Sunrise...good :)
Sep 24, 2012 11:35 PM

Feb 2012
Dat ending made for a perfect yuri moment. In my imagination I was picturing them kissing while hugging, but alas :(
Sep 24, 2012 11:52 PM

Apr 2008
belatkuro said:
And who knows how long Noumi has the Demonic Comandeer ability. It's pretty much impossible for the current Chiyu to return his time to when he doesn't have it as that could have been a really long time. Crow losing his wings was pretty recent.
It's his avatar’s official skill right ? Like Chiyu’s time shift and Haru’s flight
Just re-activate it again.

More interesting is what would happen if Chiyu used that on a newbie who has just joined for a few days. :D
Will it forcefully uninstall Brain Burst (without the no-reinstall penalty) or the system will put special limitation.
nseikaSep 24, 2012 11:56 PM
Sep 25, 2012 12:30 AM

Jun 2008
nseika said:
Will it forcefully uninstall Brain Burst (without the no-reinstall penalty) or the system will put special limitation.

The Time Rewind is strictly for the "body" of the duel avatar. IT will not affect the "progression of points". It just return the state of the body and their equipment to a certain time in the past. Demonic Commandeer is Dusk Taker's default skill, much like Lime's Citron Call, and Crow's Silver Wing.

Sep 25, 2012 12:35 AM

Sep 2011
Gale Thruster + wings = OP! Looked so fucking sick! Haha

Last episode was pretty well done, looking forward to a possible second season! =p
Sep 25, 2012 2:07 AM

Apr 2011
This by far has been the most enjoyable series this year. We need a 2nd season.

Overall 9.0/10
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Sep 25, 2012 2:33 AM

Jun 2010
kaimax said:
The Time Rewind is strictly for the "body" of the duel avatar. IT will not affect the "progression of points". It just return the state of the body and their equipment to a certain time in the past. Demonic Commandeer is Dusk Taker's default skill, much like Lime's Citron Call, and Crow's Silver Wing.

Is it possible for the IS version of Citron Call to decrease the opponent's level?

If not, I guess if she ever learns IS, it could be possible for Citron Call to be used on more than one target, unlike now when Lime Bell can only use it for one target at a time.

Also, I am seeing comparisons between Citron Call and Orihime Inoue's ability.
Sep 25, 2012 3:28 AM

Apr 2008
At least Haru and Noumi's IS (cutting) doesn't seem to be related to their ability (flight & steal), so Chiyu's not strictly to extending her avatar's skill
kaimax said:
For new player, is it possible to rewind the "body" to state before the duel avatar exist. In such case, uninstall is not because the player lost point but because his state is returned to time before he joined the game.
Well, there's alternative of the game sub-system crashed due to the dreaded "unexpected exception error", but that's no fun :P
Sep 25, 2012 4:17 AM

Jun 2008
nseika said:
kaimax said:
For new player, is it possible to rewind the "body" to state before the duel avatar exist. In such case, uninstall is not because the player lost point but because his state is returned to time before he joined the game.
Well, there's alternative of the game sub-system crashed due to the dreaded "unexpected exception error", but that's no fun :P

Like I said no, she only reverts the time of the body. She cannot revert someones points, skills or even level. It's only effective as an offensive against guys like Noumi. Who changes equipment often.

She also cannot revert time to before the body exist. Point to remember, it's still "restoration". She cannot "restore" someone to non existence, because that time simply doesn't exist. Basically a value of the Duel Avatar cannot go under the basic form.

Like ninjaluc79, Citron Call's power is pretty similar to Orihime's "healing" ability.

Sep 25, 2012 4:38 AM
May 2012
Since Black Vise & Rust Jigsaw's User is still at large,

- What's their next conspiracy be in the 2nd season?
- Will they ever strike again?

Since the war is over anyway,

JafriZinSep 25, 2012 4:44 AM
Sep 25, 2012 6:47 AM

Nov 2011
9/10 all day. Bleh my feelings for Chiyu are so mixed now. I HATED her during the whole noumi thing to find out she did it all to get Haru's wings back. Can't wait for s2!
Sep 25, 2012 9:22 AM

Jun 2009
Is season 2 already confirmed?

Sep 25, 2012 10:34 AM

Jun 2008
cadu_ said:
Is season 2 already confirmed?

Not yet, but the possibility is high, since they actually showed 2 new characters in the ending scene.

Sep 25, 2012 11:23 AM

Aug 2010
Well, I guess I can praise Chiyu for being careful...something that was seriously neglected in this show as a whole. It was an okay ending, the bit with Kuroyukihime and Sky Raker calling out each others name was interesting enough. 4/5.

The soundtrack was fantastic, but everything else was mediocre at best. The writing itself was abysmal to be honest. Would have been more interesting with Kuroyukihime, Niko and Blood Leopard in the spotlight. 5/10.
Sep 25, 2012 12:30 PM

Dec 2007
Decent series, interesting enough to watch but nothing that great. Thats my opinion about Accel World.

This last episode was pretty good tough, but not enough in my opinion to improve my opinion on the anime.

6/10
Sep 25, 2012 4:33 PM

May 2008
8/10 I hope for a season 2 :O
Sep 25, 2012 6:04 PM

Feb 2010
Such potential... but the result was lackluster.

5/10.
Sep 25, 2012 11:04 PM
May 2012
Other unanswered question like:-

Has Haruyuki unleash the dark side?! Is this mean that Chrome Disaster is still alive & it's now inside his (Silver Crow) head?
JafriZinSep 26, 2012 8:16 AM
Sep 26, 2012 6:32 AM
Oct 2010
I have watched it and have a question... HOW Black Lotus has killed red king if they hadn't been in duel?The battle of the kings have the same rules as that, last battle?
Sep 26, 2012 7:31 AM

Apr 2008
Level 9 vs Level 9 is always sudden death.
Sep 26, 2012 10:40 AM

Aug 2012
Awesome show been waiting for somethig like this for a while.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 20, 2012

185 by TuanDai »»
Jan 2, 11:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.