Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2012 9:18 PM

Jun 2010
More or less, the plot of Season 2 should revolve around bringing down Black Vise's organization in order to get rid of cheaters that start to proliferate around Accel World.

I think we would have to wait for a long time before we could actually get to see NN battle the Six Kings of Pure Color, probably around Season 3, because it's not even in the novels yet.
Nov 19, 2012 10:21 PM

May 2012
JeffreyZin said:
THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

I can't believe this anime makes me wanna kill myself by the end of pain watching it which it's all about bullies & make Haruyuki life a living NIGHTMARE I mean it's like it follows me like a 'lost puppy' & it just can't let go in my head.

FUCK YOU NOUMI SEIJI. AND FUCK YOU LITTLE BRAT.

Personally, i think they should change the MC appearance a bit. He doesn't have to be handsome, but at least make him look normal.
Nov 20, 2012 2:49 AM

Jun 2010
Like how normal, exactly? Like, Kirito-normal?
Nov 20, 2012 3:01 AM

May 2012
ninjaluc79 said:

Like any other MC, not just Kirito. I mean, did you see any other fat character beside the MC? Why the MC must have to be the only fat guy in the anime?
Nov 20, 2012 10:36 AM

Jun 2010
So you only watch anime with tall and lanky MC's, huh?

Actually, having a fat MC is a welcome move to me, because 99% of entertainment is all about tall and lanky guys, you know. So much for the entertainment taboo against portraying fat guys as heroes, huh?

While I do agree that they did drew him too short when MOST fat guys IRL aren't really THAT short, there really are people who look like Haru IRL, like someone from my old high school.
Nov 20, 2012 7:16 PM

May 2012
Sorry, i don't mean to be rude personally i think that the anime would be much better if the MC looks normal.

Will you watch K-ON or Haruhi Suzumiya if the MC look like this?

Again, i don't mean to be rude. This is just my opinion.
Nov 20, 2012 7:26 PM
Nov 2010
Cresando said:
ninjaluc79 said:

Like any other MC, not just Kirito. I mean, did you see any other fat character beside the MC? Why the MC must have to be the only fat guy in the anime?
One of the premise of the show is the fact the MC was constantly bullied during his years in school. His appearance makes the bullying more believable.
Nov 20, 2012 7:40 PM

May 2012
"MC was constantly bullied" is not exactly new in anime world. His friend Taku also was bullied before but difference in appearance is huge.

Talk about MC that constantly being bullied, i have 2 examples in my mind.
Eyeshield 21 *Kobayakawa Sena"

Kenichi Mightiest Disciple *Kenichi*
Nov 20, 2012 9:52 PM

Jun 2010
Cresando said:
-snip-

FREAKING YES. But thing is, I don't watch K-On.

Both Sena and Kenichi were bullied simply because they were... different. Okay, Sena is too small, Kenichi was physically weak at first (or so I thought), but they're still tall and lanky. And thing is, NINETY-NINE PERCENT OF ENTERTAINMENT IS ALL ABOUT TALL AND LANKY GUYS, AND FAT GUYS ALWAYS TEND TO BE VILLAINS. Honestly, I'm kind of tired of that crap. That's why I said I welcomed Haru's unusual design, even if it's the most ridiculous possible, because he's NOT TALL AND LANKY LIKE 99% OF ANIME MCs.

I repeat, Sena is too small and scared, Kenichi used to be physically weak, AND Haru is fat. For those reasons, all three of them were bullied.

So fat guys have no right to become main characters just because? So it's okay to be a bullied whiny MC as long as you're not fat?

I really hate it when people whine about how cliche an MC is, and yet they expect the MC to follow the same old cookie-cutter drawing style that has dominated the genre for DECADES. Seriously, tropes are called tropes for a reason.
ninjaluc79Nov 20, 2012 10:00 PM
Nov 24, 2012 2:34 PM

Jan 2012
Seeing Cartman in anime was lulzy.

I would have dropped this shit in a heartbeat if it wasn't for Chiyu.
Nov 24, 2012 6:19 PM

Jun 2010
^_^ So that was the name of the South Park character, huh? I like that character though, and I haven't even watched South Park.

^_~ I thought you would say KYH, Ash Roller, or Niko instead of Chiyu. Niko is a pretty popular character herself, as well as Blood Leopard.

ninjaluc79Nov 24, 2012 6:31 PM
Nov 24, 2012 9:09 PM

Jan 2012
ninjaluc79 said:
^_^ So that was the name of the South Park character, huh? I like that character though, and I haven't even watched South Park.

^_~ I thought you would say KYH, Ash Roller, or Niko instead of Chiyu. Niko is a pretty popular character herself, as well as Blood Leopard.

Oh ya, forgot about Ash Roller. He needs more screen time for sure. Dat broken Engrish cracks me up every time. xD

Niko, BL, and prosthetic legs girl = meh
Nov 25, 2012 5:01 AM

Jun 2010
Well, to each his own taste.
Nov 30, 2012 10:37 AM
Nov 2012
Can't wait for the next season..

SAO & Accel World

Have not followed any anime for 7 years..these 2 only madem e watch anime again.
Dec 3, 2012 2:35 PM

Oct 2008
Only a decent ending if there's going to be a second season. Very cliche at times but overall ok. Like I said though, if there's no second season it was an awful ending.
PANDEMlCDec 3, 2012 2:43 PM
Dec 4, 2012 1:23 PM

Nov 2012
I'm thinking 8 just for the sheer emotion they put into the antagonist. He was cliche with the no-friends thing, but otherwise as you watched, you really began to hate his triumphs and enjoy his downfall.

Also, anyone notice this part, when Hime gets off the train and Megumi is just sitting there.. staring?

DesusDec 4, 2012 1:36 PM
Dec 9, 2012 1:41 AM
Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Question for you guys and girls. I rewatched the ending of this episode twice, and I'm still unsure what was being implied when Haruyuki asked Kuroyukihime to stay with him.

Could his question basically be misinterpreted as asking her to marry him? Or something more mild like be a couple? Just curious if either the Japanese or maybe cultural aspect might determine for sure. In the English subtitles sounds like he was proposing. Plus, the holding hands part. =P

Also for the ending that tension right before she called Fuuko's name was so perfectly timed. =)

Was great to see them back on good terms. =3

This part right here made me tear up...again. x.x

Aki is such a good voice actress @.@
Dec 24, 2012 11:21 PM

Jul 2007
Not even a kiss in the end.. that was disappointing.
Dec 30, 2012 1:13 AM

Jan 2012
Nice climax. finishing the current storyline and setting up to the next season(s). Its ridiculous how good the visuals and sound designs are. just QUALITY that sets the bar to another level. I'll definitely listen to "unfinished" for years, such a catchy song. This series just opened me to a whole new genre, I didn't expected that I would enjoyed it this much. hopefully SAO and C wouldn't disappoint. I wonder why they stopped with the cliffhanger endings halfway through the series. I love those shit, they should have keep them coming!

I just didn't like how it switched over to lotus for two episodes out of nowhere. could had been better if it happened on the start of the arc or even in an OVA. And how unfitting the main character's design is. seriously, he stands out so much. He pretty much the opposite of every characters in the series like the owl eyes with period irises and half the height of his classmates.

np out of 10.
NoobHunterDDec 30, 2012 1:28 AM
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Dec 31, 2012 12:35 AM

Sep 2012
strange that I can see a lot of flaws in this anime but in the end I loved it. Epic OPs and EDs and osts. If a S2 is going to be announced, I'm definitely in.
Jan 13, 2013 5:38 AM

Aug 2012
It's good, It's good
Jan 18, 2013 3:57 PM

Jun 2011
Crappy end to a crappy series... Kawahara you suck really hard.
Jan 20, 2013 4:07 AM

May 2012
Chiyu had me going there for a second when she healed Noumi when he was in the sky. I was literally like "NO, YOU BITCH!!!" Then I felt bad like 10 seconds later lol. I get the MC's appearance being a little off putting at the start of the show but I can't believe some people are still complaining about it at the end.

This show was awesome and unlike SAO(which I'm on break from after ep 20) it had me burning through the episodes to see what would happen next. Easy 8/10 for me. Probably would've been 9/10 if it wasn't for those awkwardly placed Kuroyukihime episodes. Ready and waiting for Season 2.
Jan 20, 2013 9:37 AM
Oct 2012
Overall, it is quite a good anime to watch, the only thing which can be unappealing is the MC and imo, the Kuroyukihime x Haru pairing (I still can't get my head to wrap around it, I mean seriously, she was interested in him after she saw him for the first time, to top it off, she saw him as a pig....literally....)
Jan 20, 2013 5:21 PM

Jun 2010
Well, people have different tastes. And since KYH has played BB for quite a long time, she's now hundreds of years in spirit but still 13-14 years in body, and has gone past the point where she cares about physical appearances and what others say about her taste in romantic partners.

For all our faith in mankind, we're still really stuck with judging others based on physical appearance alone. First impressions last, after all.

As for Haru's pig avatar, he was supposed to get rid of it after escaping from Araya's clutches, but he kept it because KYH finds it cute.

Valefor said:

So you mean SAO sucks as well, despite its awesome badass MC? /sarcasm

He also wrote that in case you're interested.
Jan 24, 2013 3:43 AM

Jun 2011
ninjaluc79 said:
Valefor said:

So you mean SAO sucks as well, despite its awesome badass MC? /sarcasm

He also wrote that in case you're interested.

Oh god, please don't remind me of that, I'm still trying to forget everything about it but its name is everywhere.

At least AW had better ost and graphic than SAO, that eased my mind during the battles' episodes.
Jan 24, 2013 10:55 AM

Dec 2012
about the memory loss thing:
Heh? How would that memory loss work? Taku wanted to uninstall BB to atone for his sins, meaning that if it was true, he wanted to atone for his sins by forgetting? It doesn't make a lot of sense. And then KYH stopped him without telling him without the memory loss. Besides, memory loss or not, Cherry Rook and Scarlet Rain have no problems being friends again. Also didn't Yellow Radio mention something like "I wonder what Red Rider is doing now, he must be thinking about how he can never return and about the person that did this to him". If he forgot, he couldn't think about that. And in case Yellow Radio doesn't know about the memory loss himself, then it's safe to assume that it doesn't play a big role if even Level 9 aren't aware or concerned about it

is it explained further in the LN ?
Jan 24, 2013 12:38 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
about the memory loss thing:
Heh? How would that memory loss work? Taku wanted to uninstall BB to atone for his sins, meaning that if it was true, he wanted to atone for his sins by forgetting? It doesn't make a lot of sense. And then KYH stopped him without telling him without the memory loss. Besides, memory loss or not, Cherry Rook and Scarlet Rain have no problems being friends again. Also didn't Yellow Radio mention something like "I wonder what Red Rider is doing now, he must be thinking about how he can never return and about the person that did this to him". If he forgot, he couldn't think about that. And in case Yellow Radio doesn't know about the memory loss himself, then it's safe to assume that it doesn't play a big role if even Level 9 aren't aware or concerned about it

is it explained further in the LN ?

Memory loss is not a complete memory wipe since Megumi still remembers bits and pieces of her time in Accel World in the beach episode. However, this information was not supposed to be known this early if the anime follow the chronological order of the LN. Other than that, no more information on memory loss is revealed as of yet, and the LN is in hiatus since Reki is working on SAO.
Jan 25, 2013 12:37 AM

Jun 2010
No kidding. SAO should be Kawahara-sensei's flagship project, and AW is something he writes just to defy (or conform to in a different way?) audience expectations or something.

A thin lanky badass overpowered MC sells much better than a uniquely-designed fat weak wimpy MC after all.

I would like to add that NINETY-NINE PERCENT OF ANIME MC'S ARE THIN AND LANKY AND FAT CHARACTERS ARE OFTEN RELEGATED TO VILLAIN AND SIDEKICK ROLES.
ninjaluc79Jan 25, 2013 12:44 AM
Jan 26, 2013 9:56 AM

Jan 2013
ThangLong said:
the LN is in hiatus since Reki is working on SAO.

Vol 13 of the light novel is coming out in 14(ish) days, from what I've heard anyways.

I just wish the LN translation would pick up the pace a bit.
Otaku-SenpaiJan 26, 2013 9:59 AM
Feb 7, 2013 3:13 PM
Nov 2012
A very good ending,and i liked the anime.

Feb 15, 2013 12:51 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty epic fight, really couldn't have been better.

However, pertaining to the series as a whole, I'm sad that the plot never reached farther. Something that deals with the entire program and its players, or reaching level 10 and meeting the developer.
Also, things never went anywhere with Kuroyukihime and Haru, primarily because Haru's character. Like, they never kissed, ofc b/c Haru would just freak out. not that I expect it, but it's not really satsifying.
Lastly, the ending was pretty well-done. I like that it showed the characters that helped him on his journey, although the hug between Kuroyukihime and Fuuko was a little strange to me, since I thought it would end with Nega Nebulous (in the game), or Kuroyukihime and Haru.

Anyway, great series, although not a favorite or anything too emotional. If they went further w/ the plot, who knows?
5/5.

Feb 15, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2012
This was really awesome. Cant wait to watch the OVA's
Feb 20, 2013 9:31 AM

Oct 2010
Usual score I give to some quite interesting and nice anime is 7/10. I have only 2 with 10/10 and 2 with 9/10.
Recently I found my second 9/10 and it was Sword Art Online. This one was quite similar and really great one. I would really like to give it 9/10 too, but unfortunately there were 2 important things which I don't like about this anime.

1. Main character cried too many times and it was really pathetic. He was such a cool little guy, but his loser side was really annoying. If that's not enough, he had to be fat and short with big loser eyes. I think it's hell of an exaggeration. He could be either good looking and be a loser or be fat, but never cry and be a little bit stronger irl.

2. They haven't reached lvl 10, so I am not fully satisfied. Action was great, but it shouldn't end so soon. There should be more fights with higher and higher lvl opponents and finally some bigger battles between legions and kings.
I don't like that some random new student turned out to be an overpowered lvl 5 player and the final opponent. Final opponent(s) should be king(s) or maybe even something bigger...

So, giving it 8/10 and wish 8.5 was possible.

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Feb 20, 2013 2:22 PM

May 2012
Damn that was a great ending but well it feels so open as they didn't complete their first goal and that was to reach level 10! Although quite an epic finishing battle and nice finisher with all revealing also Chiyuri's plan all along making her an epic character either way! And just a lovely reunion of two friends!

In global this was quite a nice final episode and the series in general was quite decent as well the pace was very nice and the story had a good development pace as well! The art and animations where also quite top notch and fitted the whole atmosphere quite well!

I do feel the story should or get some continuation of some sort! But well either way I enjoyed watching this anime 8/10
Mar 13, 2013 12:08 AM
Jul 2010
Thank God that Chiyu explained that cause I was about to say, this girl is crazy. Finally Silver Crow has got his wings back, so that has made it one great episode. I'm glad Haru didn't bitch out on finishing off Nomi like usually heroes do when they feel sorry for the enemy's. XD to Kurohime's friend for having the red eyes on the train. So finally Nomi has peace about the whole game situation.
Mar 14, 2013 6:47 PM

Jan 2013
Damn in this episode I was a fuckin hooligan at the stadium cheering for Noumi's beheading. When he was finally gone I started celebrating as if my favorite team has scored the winning point of the World Cup.

No, I didn't hate that guy, don't worry.

Aaaaaand waiting for second season. It's an 8.5 from my side, but it might turn out to be a 9/10 in my list.
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
Mar 17, 2013 7:23 PM
Feb 2013
Epic!
Apr 7, 2013 10:13 PM

Dec 2012
Yuri end lol
Anyway the final fight and overall the Noumi arc was enough to salvage the series from the boring first half that I seen, I would give a strong 8 or a weak 9 for the Noumi arc to compensate for the 5/10 in the first part, averaging out to a strong 7.
Apr 18, 2013 10:13 PM

Feb 2012
Amazing final episode, the ending was perfect.

I was hoping that they wouldn't go with a "Oh, I'll spare you new friend Noumi", he killed him and that's great, I was really happy.

The end was very emotional as well with the Haru x Hime, Hime x Raker. :)

10/10 for me, maybe generous in the eyes of some peeps, but for me, that was totally my style! <3
Apr 28, 2013 7:22 AM

Oct 2012
At first I didnt really want to start this because of a certain pig for main character ... but anyway I finished it and must say I'm glad I did ^^

ending was nice, liked meeting with Raker and all.

but still, there is one more thing which I'd like to know .... What is Hime's real name ?? :D ... well whatever, 9/10 for me

I've got a bad habit of clicking spoilers too fast, then regret it ..

"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed."
May 8, 2013 10:44 AM
Apr 2013
i like this episode

13:28 - 13:33

if u watch carefully u will notice something too
May 22, 2013 9:07 AM
Jan 2012
Greap episode, Haru guy really started to annoy me after several episodes. But the fight scenes were definitly great.
Jun 11, 2013 5:10 AM

Sep 2012
flaxman85 said:

I would have dropped this if it wasn't for Chiyu.
Jun 12, 2013 2:50 AM

Aug 2009
Listing some points:

1) Ah. Chiyu's power was that.

2) Girls saved the day

3) Haru still noob as usual, except for his final slash.

4) I want harem with black lotus and sky raker, also blood leopard and throw in chiyu just as a pet lol

5) Inb4 the developer has something to do with Kayaba Akihiko (mebbe his apprentice)

6) Ending: Awww yeah. Yuri much yes
Jun 24, 2013 9:40 AM

Jul 2009
SkymasterJsp said:

Aah xD When I've watched it I did not notice haha
Not bad final. From the anime, beside the game itself, these things about the power of imagination and etc. I shall remember Noumi epic voice ^^ ah the that wonderful way of talking and how he say senpai xDD surprisingly his seiyuu is woman haha
Jul 7, 2013 7:55 PM

May 2013
Just finished the series, great final episode to end off the season

Glad that Noumi finally got his ass kicked and how he squirmed so pitifully at the end. I almost threw the mug of coffee I was drinking at my screen when Lime Bell casted her ultimate to supposedly heal Dusk Taker again LOL.

Overall, great series and definitely hoping for a second season.
Jul 30, 2013 9:00 PM

May 2013
I thot he was gonna pussy out and not kill noumi. Thank god he didn't, honestly not remembering Brain Burst did that kid a ton of good. I hate the explanation (or lack thereof) for why Chi didn't tell the guys about her plan though. The show showed so much potential in the first few episodes but just fell on its face in the last arc in my opinion. I enjoyed the ride, but it could have been so much better. Hopefully if they adapt a season two it will be more on-par with what I was expecting.
Aug 15, 2013 11:12 PM
Aug 2013
yurkin said:
SkymasterJsp said:

Aah xD When I've watched it I did not notice haha
Not bad final. From the anime, beside the game itself, these things about the power of imagination and etc. I shall remember Noumi epic voice ^^ ah the that wonderful way of talking and how he say senpai xDD surprisingly his seiyuu is woman haha

i wonder whats her real name ... any1 tell me
Aug 16, 2013 1:59 AM

May 2008
Fantastic anime, just wow. While it may not have objectively been the most sophisticated anime, this one gets a solid 10/10 from me for enjoyment. After watching so much anime, you start to get really critical of the ones that fall into the trap of using only character archetypes. Accel World's characters definitely had additional layers to them, and Haruyuki-kun was a very believable bullied boy that showed believable progress. Great stuff, really looking forward to a second season if it arrives.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 20, 2012

185 by TuanDai »»
Jan 2, 11:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.