Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Otome Game 'Brothers Conflict' Announced

New
Sep 20, 2012 2:41 AM

Feb 2008
According to the cover note of Sylph magazine, otome game "Brothers Conflict" was announced to get a TV anime adaptation.

Brothers Conflict official website

Source: Cover of Sylph

Brothers Conflict on MAL
NaruleachSep 20, 2012 4:08 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 20, 2012 2:47 AM
Mar 2010
so its confirmed then? sure its not an OVA or Drama CD?

edit:
http://sylph.dengeki.com/

scroll down there and you see mentions for a drama CD.....sure that's not what it is? but whatever it is, SOMETHING is getting an anime, that I can understand.
phoenixaliaSep 20, 2012 2:51 AM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 20, 2012 2:49 AM

Dec 2007
phoenixalia said:

The cover says "TV Anime"
Sep 20, 2012 2:52 AM
Mar 2010
mistress_kisara said:
phoenixalia said:

I'm still doubtful though...I'm keeping my head low to make sure I don't get disappointed in case it isn't a tv anime.

ok...can someone translate what this means:
(1)TVアニメ『薄桜鬼 黎明録』ドラマCD シルフ特別盤「龍の恩返し」
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 20, 2012 3:01 AM

Jan 2010
Looks like otome game adaptions are popular then, huh.
Sep 20, 2012 3:02 AM

Sep 2011
Not that interesting,
now if only the MC was a guy.
Sep 20, 2012 3:13 AM

Mar 2009
phoenixalia said:
mistress_kisara said:
phoenixalia said:

I'm still doubtful though...I'm keeping my head low to make sure I don't get disappointed in case it isn't a tv anime.

ok...can someone translate what this means:
(1)TVアニメ『薄桜鬼 黎明録』ドラマCD シルフ特別盤「龍の恩返し」

it's something like this:
TV Anime 『Hakuouki Reimeiroku』 Sylph SPECIAL EDITION dramaCD 「Ryuu no Ongaeshi」

I dont know where you got that^ XD

on the cover just says TVアニメ化決定!『BROTHERS CONFLICT』 so basically it's like "Brother's Conflic TV Anime decided"

決定 = decision/determination
Sep 20, 2012 3:15 AM

Dec 2007
I think the drama CD is for Hakuouki Reimeiroku..
Sep 20, 2012 4:34 AM

Aug 2008
Uh, it says TV anime for Bro・Con and also "Drama CD Bro・Con" (it's official abbreviation). dtshyk is very capable of reading, so I don't see the point of questioning him when it's very obviously and clearly laid out on the cover. There's zero doubt.

From what I've played, game is okay so far. As long as the character designs still look nice, the voice talent will make it something worth looking at. I'm afraid it could be boring though.
Sep 20, 2012 4:41 AM

Oct 2010
So many otome game adaptations these days

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Sep 20, 2012 5:10 AM

Sep 2011
wishbook said:

Yeah, from what i noticed, they're adapting all the ones that sold 7k+, or at least all the ones that got/are are getting an adaption sold over 7k and most of them are from Idea factory, if that's the case then they're going to run out of games to adapt soon lol

I'm guessing next would be Diabolik lovers and/or reinei banchou :p
Downgrade355Sep 20, 2012 5:18 AM
Sep 20, 2012 5:12 AM
Mar 2010
shinkeikaku said:
Uh, it says TV anime for Bro・Con and also "Drama CD Bro・Con" (it's official abbreviation). dtshyk is very capable of reading, so I don't see the point of questioning him when it's very obviously and clearly laid out on the cover. There's zero doubt.

From what I've played, game is okay so far. As long as the character designs still look nice, the voice talent will make it something worth looking at. I'm afraid it could be boring though.

I meant no harm, sorry.>_<

other than that, as long as the studio is good, and they play on the BL(well, the game doesn't have BL but it does have BL fans I think) right, it'll be good.

Downgrade355 said:
wishbook said:

Yeah, from what i noticed, they're adapting all the ones that sold 7k+, or at least all the ones that got/are are getting an adaption sold over 7k, if that's the case then they're going to run out of games to adapt soon lol

I'm guessing next would be Diabolik lovers and/or reinei banchou :p

so what if they run out of games? XD that's what second seasons are for! toki no kizuna could be next! that sold ~9k I think? and do you have a list of knowing how much otome games sell? I saw toki no kizuna on ANN.

Edit: Please edit your posts instead of double-posting.
KinetaSep 20, 2012 6:47 AM
Sep 20, 2012 5:17 AM

Sep 2011
phoenixalia said:

other than that, as long as the studio is good, and they play on the BL(well, the game doesn't have BL but it does have BL fans I think) right, it'll be good.

Why would they "play on the BL" at all? There is no point in doing that and i don't see the studio doing it either, it is an otome game after all, and there was nothing of that in the original product. assuming they do add the BL (Which is unlikely), IMHO, they might lose more fans than they'd gain, even though i don't see them gaining any, heh. No seriously, it'll ruin the whole point of adapting an otome game. and look at what happened to the new Hakuoki.

phoenixalia said:

so what if they run out of games? XD that's what second seasons are for! toki no kizuna could be next! that sold ~9k I think? and do you have a list of knowing how much otome games sell? I saw toki no kizuna on ANN.

You mean sequels and stuff? maybe, why not. although very few do get sequels fandisks.
And no, i don't really have a list, i just check Siliconera, there's a guy there called Isshaan, he might give you a list if you talk to him, he's a nice guy.

You could also type in the search bar "This week in sales", check through those lists.
Downgrade355Sep 20, 2012 5:37 AM
Sep 20, 2012 5:21 AM

Aug 2008
phoenixalia said:

It can be harmful because users come into the thread, see that top post, and then start to question the validity of the news.. for pages on end. We've had numerous news threads derailed over misinformation before. Bokura de Hikari Club for example was hideous.

There's not even a hint of BL elements.. and some fans just happen to like both otome and BL themed stuff. But it's not remotely a given.
Sep 20, 2012 5:24 AM

Jun 2008
OMG I'M IN HEAVEN!! *-* This cannot be real... ><
Sep 20, 2012 5:26 AM

Sep 2010
Character designs look nice.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 20, 2012 5:35 AM

Jul 2007
Yay! Looking forward to this! As long as they keep the original cast that is. Or at least OnoD, SuzuKen and Suwabe, cough....

shinkeikaku said:
phoenixalia said:

It can be harmful because users come into the thread, see that top post, and then start to question the validity of the news.. for pages on end. We've had numerous news threads derailed over misinformation before. Bokura de Hikari Club for example was hideous.

There's not even a hint of BL elements.. and some fans just happen to like both otome and BL themed stuff. But it's not remotely a given.

Yeah as shin said there just is a lot of otoge players that like BL because fans of both have one thing in common - they usually like bishies or (insert other popular male stereotypes). And with the setting of many of those games, there is pretty few girls, so it's very easy to just pair them up.
But to begin with, most of the games rarely have actual BL content, it's just when BL fangirls see two guys living/interacting/something together - that alone gives them enough to fantasize about (see: UtaPri). There isn't really need to BL anything up in the adaptation.
AlwerienSep 20, 2012 5:44 AM
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.
Sep 20, 2012 5:43 AM
Mar 2010
shinkeikaku said:
phoenixalia said:

like I said, I'm really sorry, I really meant no harm, I was just confused because its rare for so many otome games to get adaptations.....

and as for the BL, I'll say no more. I don't want any arguments...sigh.

edit: what the person above me said. uta pri. I remember that scene in the anime with Shou and Natsuki.....

phoenixaliaSep 20, 2012 5:51 AM
Sep 20, 2012 6:12 AM
Sep 20, 2012 6:17 AM

Dec 2007
azeriraz said:
Ummm.... I thought this was a novel series? ANN certainly thinks so:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-20/brothers-conflict-romantic-novels-gets-tv-anime

The otome game is based on the novel
Sep 20, 2012 7:08 AM

May 2010
Damn, another psp game, hate those. If it would have a ps2 version maybe I'd buy it.
Sep 20, 2012 7:13 AM

Mar 2010
" Ema moved into the Asahina Family House and acquired 11 brothers. Ema intended to live peacefully with them as a family, but the sudden appearance of a girl in an all male household causes discord. Going on with their lives, the brother’s feelings for Ema change and the start of a same roof forbidden romance begins."

dear god
Sep 20, 2012 9:18 AM

Nov 2008
will pass
Sep 20, 2012 10:15 AM

Nov 2008
Genderswapped Sister Princess on line 5.

They also took a page from Baby Princess with age groups although there is a much older starting and ending range than that series.

I guess the fujoshi aren't very fond of shotacon.

Sep 20, 2012 11:55 AM

Mar 2011
Vylash said:
" Ema moved into the Asahina Family House and acquired 11 brothers. Ema intended to live peacefully with them as a family, but the sudden appearance of a girl in an all male household causes discord. Going on with their lives, the brother’s feelings for Ema change and the start of a same roof forbidden romance begins."

dear god
My thoughts exactly.
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Sep 20, 2012 2:25 PM

Mar 2009
I want them to adapt Liar Soft games, Diabolic Lovers, Black Wolves Saga,Tokyo Yamanote Boys,Gekka Ryouran Romance, ib, Yume Nikki, Sangoku Koi Senki: Otome No Heihou! O(&gE;∇&lE;)O (●´∀`●)
Sep 20, 2012 2:53 PM

Feb 2012
Another shoujo? I won't like that season...
Sep 20, 2012 3:31 PM

Jul 2011
Eh.. Might skip out on this one. :/
Sep 20, 2012 6:23 PM

Sep 2011
HauntingShock said:

Lol chillax dude, it's not like you won't get to watch anything.
I did notice fall has tons of shoujo lined up though, but better get rid of em all at once. haha.
Sep 20, 2012 6:27 PM

Feb 2012
Downgrade355 said:
HauntingShock said:

Lol chillax dude, it's not like you won't get to watch anything.
I did notice fall has tons of shoujo lined up though, but better get rid of em all at once. haha.

I really hope so :(
But it's good in a way too to see the anime industry adapting these genres for a change :D Not always those harem+ecchi most people here despises~
Sep 20, 2012 7:01 PM

Sep 2011
HauntingShock said:

I really hope so :(
But it's good in a way too to see the anime industry adapting these genres for a change :D Not always those harem+ecchi most people here despises~

Well yeah, it's not really that bad, a bit of everything, you know.
and i don't think "most people" despise ecchi+harem, just a very small minority who supposedly want to watch "moral" stuff, infact i think there are ten times more people who dislike shoujo than those who dislike heavy boobs. there are other genres here that the majority actually hate, don't wanna get in details here lol.

but all in all, nothing to worry about, there's plenty stuff for you to watch, and it's not like they'll air the same number of shoujo this fall on the coming seasons.
Sep 20, 2012 7:08 PM

Feb 2010
probably most fujoshi(s) are now dying in happiness ??
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Sep 20, 2012 7:47 PM
Mar 2010
zheren said:
probably most fujoshi(s) are now dying in happiness ??

well I certainly am dying in happiness right now. we've never had so much shoujo since 2010.....

I'm just so happy...
Sep 20, 2012 8:02 PM

Jul 2011
Added to my Plan To Watch list! Thank you!
Sep 20, 2012 8:29 PM

Jun 2010
If only there was a Shinigami to Shoujo adaption...
Sep 20, 2012 10:30 PM

Oct 2010
So... can anyone tell me how many otoge adaptations we'll have in 2013?

HauntingShock said:

There's also Chihayafuru season 2. Oh, well....

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Sep 20, 2012 10:36 PM

Nov 2011
Will watch the pilot episode.

However, if pilot episode fails to impress, I will definitely drop.
Sep 20, 2012 11:40 PM

Jan 2010
Vylash said:

dear god

>11 brothers

oh wow. Bless.
Sep 20, 2012 11:42 PM

Sep 2011
wishbook said:
So... can anyone tell me how many otoge adaptations we'll have in 2013?

from what i noticed, they're adapting otoges that sold over 7k, and Idea Factory's.
Can't tell you how much more, lol, probably till Idea factory goes bankrupt? xD
But if my guess is right then there'll be a few more announcements. i'm expecting them to air around 4 Otoge adaptions in 2013, if my guess is correct that is.
Sep 20, 2012 11:51 PM
Mar 2010
HauntingShock said:

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll have at least 3-4 harems or fanservice or moe or slice of life anime. 'sides, there were about 5-6 harems this summer. and 1 reverse harem. don't us fans deserve something too? :(

you already have Blood Lad...though that's not really harem....

still look on the bright side...this fall you have...let's see....
to love ru darkness
oniai
hayate season 3
chuu2koi
saku pet na kanojo
little busters
setokai no ichizon 2

and other than that, there are a few moe and slice of life shows as well.

see? you have loads to be happy about. :D
phoenixaliaSep 21, 2012 12:22 AM
Sep 21, 2012 12:06 AM

Sep 2011
phoenixalia said:

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll have at least 3-4 harems or fanservice or moe or slice of life anime. 'sides, there were about 5-6 harems this summer. and 1 reverse harem. don't us fans deserve something too? :(

Lol there's actually around 13 Harem/moe/slice of life animes, 5 Shoujo/Otome adaptions/Reverse harems (compared to previous seasons, it's a big number), and the rest is the usual stuff for kids and shounen stuff. so i guess we all have plenty of stuffs to watch, although to be frank i'm only looking forward to Robotics;notes ;P
And nope, blood lad woudn't exactly count as a harem anime, but there are several girls interested in the protagonist, subtle-harem seems more like it, but it's not the focus.
Sep 21, 2012 12:09 AM

Feb 2012
phoenixalia said:
HauntingShock said:

still look on the bright side...this fall you have...let's see....
to love ru darkness
oniai
hayate season 3
chuu2koi
saku pet na kanojo
little busters
setokai no ichizon 2

and other than that, there are a few moe and slice of life shows as well.

see? you have loads to be happy about.

lol you sound like comforting me and pissing me off at the same time xD

Yeah, seems like I have a lot of show to look forward to :D
Sep 21, 2012 12:11 AM

Sep 2011
HauntingShock said:

To comfort you more, Type in google "2012 Fall anime chart V2", there's more than those Phoenixalia mentioned (Btooom, aoi sekai, Robotics;notes, Jormugand, etc) so go grab some coffee and relax lol.
Downgrade355Sep 21, 2012 12:14 AM
Sep 21, 2012 1:40 AM
Mar 2010
HauntingShock said:

I'm comforting you lol. XDDD

Downgrade355 said:

To comfort you more, Type in google "2012 Fall anime chart V2", there's more than those Phoenixalia mentioned (Btooom, aoi sekai, Robotics;notes, Jormugand, etc) so go grab some coffee and relax lol.

hey hey! that's where I got my list from too! :D
Sep 21, 2012 3:00 AM

Sep 2011
phoenixalia said:

hey hey! that's where I got my list from too! :D

Lol i knew about it too ;p don't we all use that one though? xD
Sep 21, 2012 6:49 AM

Feb 2008
Although I like reverse harem (I'm a girl so ...), this thing sounds ... crappy?
Like 11 brothers, all falling in love (I think? have not played the game) with one girl who appears to live with them ... that's completely lame.
If only Miyano Mamoru voiced one character, that would save this show for me ...
Sep 21, 2012 7:21 AM

Jun 2012
Shoujo anime is usually terrible, but a harem with 11 fucking guys. Thats a train wreck.
Sep 21, 2012 8:09 AM

Jun 2008
^ Better leave those people and their opinions alone... ^^°

AnimeMangaSuki said:
I want them to adapt Liar Soft games, Diabolic Lovers, Black Wolves Saga,Tokyo Yamanote Boys,Gekka Ryouran Romance, ib, Yume Nikki, Sangoku Koi Senki: Otome No Heihou! O(&gE;∇&lE;)O (●´∀`●)

I like this list~ 8D

deathxempress said:
If only there was a Shinigami to Shoujo adaption...

Agreed!

ptitejuju said:
If only Miyano Mamoru voiced one character, that would save this show for me ...

I'm sooo glad he isn't (he's like... everywhere =_=), but that's just me! ¦D
Sep 21, 2012 8:20 AM

May 2010
Will do anything AS LONG AS RISU GETS ANIMATED!!!
Sep 21, 2012 8:22 AM

Jan 2010
+____+
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.