Forum Settings
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2008 2:16 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Syaoran 2 gets life and the real Syaoran disappears?
I wonder what CLAMP is going for.
Oct 23, 2008 2:22 PM
Sep 2008
i interpreted it as...
watanuki gets created because of him, and because of the selfish wish of turning back time, he gives watanuki bad luck.
also, because he can still not get his wish, fei wong clones him. and then that's where we are today.
Oct 23, 2008 3:18 PM

May 2007
I have no idea what's going on with this manga anymore. So confusing @_@
Oct 23, 2008 3:24 PM

May 2007
katrak said:
I have no idea what's going on with this manga anymore. So confusing @_@

^ same...

"School is just a distraction from anime" - JOIN THE "I hate school" CLUB!
Oct 23, 2008 3:26 PM

Oct 2007
jeez just more talking again T_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2008 3:33 PM

May 2007
brandoncrap said:
i interpreted it as...
watanuki gets created because of him, and because of the selfish wish of turning back time, he gives watanuki bad luck.
also, because he can still not get his wish, fei wong clones him. and then that's where we are today.

You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. This was definitely the pivotal chapter (along with #201) that finally satisfied that itch I've had. From the little I know of Watanuki's background, that's kind of what I figured and hence, why he has no recollection of his past. (I so really need to start reading xxxholic).

I felt this chapter was more of a showdown between Fei Wong and Yuuko, which was pretty cool. I found it interesting that Fei Wong commented on how similar Watanuki looks to the young Clow Reed. It's all starting to make sense now. I still feel Fei Wong has another ultimate goal in mind which hasn't been revealed to us yet, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if that's the case.
VK11Oct 23, 2008 3:38 PM
Oct 23, 2008 5:44 PM
May 2008
and of course, Clow Reed is the mastermind of it all. lol
but yeah, I agree with brandoncrap and vindemon64. From what I do know of xxxHolic, Watanuki does/did (I don't know where in time we are anymore) have "bad luck" (seeing stuff).

ah... so instead of Sakura dying this time, she just loses all of her memories/feathers.

I do think that Fei Wong's only ultimate goal is to bring back someone's life but I have a feeling who it is will be very important. Somehow Sakura is the only one who can help him that he goes as far as changing history to stop her from dying but still needs her to get all of her power back and gets clones to help with the recollection of the feathers.

Heh, I keep feeling like I think I know what's going on but I really don't. Weird.
Oct 23, 2008 5:46 PM
Aug 2007
I think I get it now, an understanding cemented further by vindemon64 and brandoncrap's replies.

Also the art was v. gorgeous >:3
Oct 23, 2008 5:48 PM

Mar 2008
Watanuki looks like Clow Reed when he was young, confirmed by Fei Wong Reed. Is this some sort of foreshadowing? One thing I noticed now is that although Wataniuki can see ghosts and other beings, he does not have any of his own magical powers despite being 'the same existence' as Syaoran. Is it because he does not have any, or he just hasn't been taught it or it hasn't been released yet? Either way it's good that we know more about both Syaoran and Watanuki now and I think Fei Wong won the showdown ^_^.
Oct 23, 2008 6:08 PM

Dec 2007
Watanuki looking like a young Clow Reed explains a lot of why Yuuko is soo overprotective about him. For those reading holic now it's clear who was it that said "don't dissapear" to him, words that he keeps remembering in the middle of the manga. Now only 3 questions remain for me: Why the change s in Clow Country's royal family? Why was Clow there when he was supposed to have "died" (if that could be called death) back in CCS? and what and in which moment did Shaoran pay a price to help with something that happened to Watanuki in holic?
Oct 23, 2008 7:01 PM

May 2007
OMG. Everything is making a whole lot of sense now! (I'm serious!)
We learn so much things from this chapter:

1) After Fei Wong Reed saw that two exsitance can be created from one, he got the idea of cloning, therefore he tried to clone R!Syaoran so he can follow his orders.
2) Fei Wong Reed wish is to revive someone. Now I think that's the first time we heard about that...?
3) Watanuki looks like Clow Reed when he was young. That explains why Yuuko has a special like for him; he looks like her lover in his younger years. (Kyaaa! YuukoxClow <3)
4) Since Watanuki is a person that shouldn't really exist... it's gonna bring bad luck upon him. Including his parents... aka Syaoran and Sakura from CCS. Is that why they died? ;__; Also, Yuuko says that the people he interacts with will help him keep on living... that explains some things in Holic. :D

It's such a happy feeling when Clamp stops being confusing haha. :D
Now back to the main story? :3 Or wait, we still need to know how he cloned Sakura! :0

Oct 23, 2008 9:59 PM

Aug 2008
Maaaan Know I wanna know from were that Sakura and her clone came from! I mean, now we all know the backstory for "Syaoran" Li and Kimihiro Watanuki... but how the hell does Sakura from Clow connects here... It's all hitsuzen... hope not 'cause it wouldn't be could to shake off something so important that easily... Oh gawd this gettin' better by the chappie that goes by... PLEASE MORE!!!

the_seventh_l said:
Also the art was v. gorgeous >:3

Yup totally agree... It's completely amazinn'!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2008 10:54 AM
Jun 2007
thanks to the replies in this thread, I finally have some remote clue as to what the hell is going on. =P
Oct 24, 2008 11:01 AM

Jun 2007
So, what i undertsand is that if Watanuki dies the distortion will disappear, but i dont know how that affects everyone... maybe Fei Wong's plans get ruined...?

And, if Shaoran didnt wish to go back in time, Fei Wong's plan wouldnt have started in the first place??? @_@

Anyway, loved seeing Yuuko protecting Watanuki x3
Oct 24, 2008 1:54 PM

Feb 2008
Wow that was amazing, thank god Tsubasa and xxxHolic have finally made sense :D

&& Yup, the art indeed was gorgeous. Plus lots of Yuuko *w*
Oct 24, 2008 9:55 PM

Feb 2008
beautiful chapter!

I really wish I was familiar with the backstory from CCS though. I think all the little bits would be filled in for me then.
Oct 25, 2008 4:34 AM
Jul 2008
Wow... ><" It just leaves me cliffhanging more...
Oct 26, 2008 3:33 AM

Feb 2008
This is the chapter I've been waiting for!! Pure epic. First, I went all emotional when I saw Watanuki cover, than I actually started crying when Syaoran said don't disappear... BTW, how does Fei Wong know how Clow looked as a child?
Oct 26, 2008 3:33 PM

Feb 2008
sanjica said:
BTW, how does Fei Wong know how Clow looked as a child?
Fei is randomly Clow's onii-chan? xD
Oct 26, 2008 4:46 PM

Feb 2008
LolitaDecay said:
sanjica said:

I just assumed he was a lot younger than Clow. :s
Oct 27, 2008 9:39 AM

Feb 2008
sanjica said:
LolitaDecay said:
sanjica said:

I just assumed he was a lot younger than Clow. :s
Ah yeah, that could be a possibility too :P
Sep 2, 2009 3:20 AM

Apr 2008
woah .. they turn back time .. how dangerous

Jul 10, 2016 5:23 AM

Dec 2014
Well watanaki reveal is still mind blowing..... I watched a little xxxholic so understand it a little
May 22, 2022 5:36 AM
Oct 2018
Finally some clarification on xxxholic ( the corresponding chapter would be 88)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 60 Discussion

kuuderes_shadow - Apr 26, 2014

3 by Imran_19 »»
Sep 27, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 24 Discussion

Confucius - Aug 7, 2012

3 by Animelover875 »»
Aug 30, 2022 8:20 PM

Poll: » Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 181 Discussion

Kineta - Jan 30, 2008

12 by UfolyCloud »»
May 22, 2022 3:40 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 168 Discussion

Crystal - Oct 3, 2007

5 by UfolyCloud »»
May 22, 2022 2:37 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Chapter 121 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jun 25, 2014

1 by UfolyCloud »»
May 20, 2022 3:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.