Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2008 10:42 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:31 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 23, 2008 11:24 AM
Jun 2008
meichan crying in the rain i sad oh
Oct 23, 2008 3:00 PM

Nov 2007
Well, I loved how the anime adaption of this turned out; tons of emotion, and beautiful animation from KyoAni. Episode 04 gets a 5/5

Oh, and epic rugby water drinking was epic.
Oct 23, 2008 7:24 PM

Jan 2008
not bad... They managed to put just about everything in from the VN. It's a really nice episode, looking forward to Misae's route.
Oct 23, 2008 8:32 PM

Feb 2008
Same like the game,it was okay......looking forward to Misae's route,and maybe they will do kapei's route~?
Oct 24, 2008 3:09 AM

Dec 2007
Great episode, exactly like the VN, couldn't think of anyone but KyoAni that could've put this much emotion.
EliteNEETOct 24, 2008 7:24 AM
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Oct 24, 2008 3:12 AM
Mar 2008
Awesome. Masterpiece. Incredible. Don't know what else to say.
Oct 24, 2008 9:11 AM
Aug 2008
damn Eclipse taking so long with the subs :<
Oct 24, 2008 10:41 AM

Nov 2007
Fuck yes, best Clannad episode ever.
Oct 24, 2008 11:14 AM

Jul 2008
wow im so happy =] clannad after story is soooooo much better theyve done really good with it i hope its an emotional wreckage all the way through ^_^
Oct 24, 2008 12:33 PM

Jun 2007
Awesome episode!! Love their relationship x3
Dunno whats happening in the next one but cant wait! :D
Oct 24, 2008 12:49 PM

Aug 2007
Wow, with all the positive response I'm really looking forward to this now.... just waiting for Eclipse to sub this.
Oct 24, 2008 1:15 PM

Jun 2007
Great stuff, awesome display of friendship.
Oct 24, 2008 1:32 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, quite depressing episode. Good there was some laughing in the end.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 24, 2008 2:23 PM

Jul 2008
a great episode, showed us how great friends are^^;

Oct 24, 2008 2:34 PM

Sep 2008
GAH!!!!! Damn Eclipse Taking forever I am Dying *Throws Wiimote*
Mario1-7Oct 24, 2008 5:45 PM
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 24, 2008 2:42 PM

Nov 2007
LOL Mei got decked by a soccerball rofl
kind of stupid of the 3 asking the soccer team to let sunohara to join when himself doesn't want to nor does the team wants him, and they fetched the ball for them, how stupid was that.
Sunohara charging in to save mei, that was the best part i'd say
overall very good episode
and thank god, no more mei =P lol
Oct 24, 2008 3:07 PM

Apr 2008
Totally hated this episode because everything seemed over dramatic and very strained >.<. I'm surprised that the guys in the soccer club didn't give Sunohara shit about having his sister defend him :/ I just felt like everything was very fake (not like anime is realistic) in this episode but I'm glad Mei is gone at least.

Oct 24, 2008 3:14 PM

Jan 2008
Definitely the best episode out of both the first and second season so far for me.
Oct 24, 2008 3:50 PM

Mar 2008
obviously an alrite reason 4 it all, and finally resolved.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2008 4:11 PM

Jul 2007
hated this episode.
everything was so EXTREMELY overdramatized. all three mei, sunohara and okazaki were acting really stupid. and that "wow now eveythings alright" laughing after the fight....
man that sucked
only good thing was sunohara and akio-san at the end.
Oct 24, 2008 4:40 PM

Nov 2007
Loved this episode~ Now I want an older brother more than ever. T~T (Even though Sunohara's a pretty iffy example...) Only part I didn't like was the slow motion-ness before Sunohara "saves" the day. Other than that, I really enjoyed it. XD Favorite part was Youhei and Tomoya fighting... It was just... cute. I know that sounds awkward but I found it to be that way. XDDD;;
Oct 24, 2008 5:44 PM

Sep 2008
Damn Eclipse, Taking so long on there Sub! *Throws Classic Controller*
Oct 24, 2008 5:47 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was awesome! I loved it. And I LMAO when Sunohara found out the truth XD
Oct 24, 2008 7:01 PM

Jul 2008
Eclipse STILL hasn't subbed it T__T
Oct 24, 2008 7:28 PM
Dec 2007
I loved the emotions portrayed in this episode. Probably the best one so far. And Nagisa hugging Tomoya in the rain was a treat. <3
Oct 24, 2008 7:46 PM

Feb 2008
Love the fight part own those asses in the soccer club
Oct 24, 2008 9:07 PM

Jul 2008
chireiyu said:
Favorite part was Youhei and Tomoya fighting... It was just... cute. I know that sounds awkward but I found it to be that way. XDDD;;

YEAH! That was my favorite part of the episode too!! I think because it had a nice feeling to it, where the two were honestly expressing themselves. I thought that was kinda funny/crazy how Sunohara didn't notice Nagisa until the end though! But overall, great episode, and though I don't like violence, the fights were done (in terms of emotions) too!!
Oct 24, 2008 9:55 PM

Jan 2008
I loved this episode~ :)

From the beginning when Sunohara and Tomoya were going to fight - you could tell that tensions were much higher than the previous episode. And it definitely forshadowed a for sure fight between the two.

Sunohara being one of my favorites characters - I couldn't believe that he was neglecting Mei for a really stupid reason. And it turns out that it wasn't a dumb reason~ Sunohara trusting Tomoya with his little sister just goes to show how much their friendship is worth. I mean, he must trust Tomoya to not hurt her. And he said it himself that he was laying back and going to let Tomoya beat the soccer guys to defend Mei.

Nonetheless, it was much more satisifying to see Sunohara run in and beat that arrogant punks ass. What I found really sweet was Sunohara and Tomoya's fight in the end. Yes - I found it sweet... Why? Because it portrayed how strong their friendship is. Even though they had to beat answer out of each other - they at least got through to each other. They're both goofs xD

I would the funniest part of this episode was the ending~
Lol, Akio reacted pretty calmly compared to what I was imagining xD

Can't wait for the next episode :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Oct 24, 2008 10:12 PM

Jun 2008
Worst episode so far. I did like the part at the end though
Oct 24, 2008 11:23 PM

Sep 2008
Damn It Eclipse!!! >_> GAH!!! *Throws Wii*
Oct 24, 2008 11:27 PM

Oct 2008
it was a powerful episode... then again it was highly overdramatized...
how can they make running after soccer balls so dramatic? lol
anyway it dwells deeper into the friendship of the guys which was interesting
fighting was entertaining seeing ppl get beat down and the fighting was brought them together haha
and it ends on a happy note...
overall good episode and good season thus far
Oct 25, 2008 12:08 AM

Sep 2008
wow it was very good
sunohara and tomoya`s friendship started a little weird....nd continues
cant belibe how sunohara reacted before the situation of mei
do they win the figth?
i was rather moved by this one

i was wwaiting for the confesion to sanae`s husbamd ... very funny
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 25, 2008 12:26 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
jazmin_s said:
Sunohara trusting Tomoya with his little sister just goes to show how much their friendship is worth. I mean, he must trust Tomoya to not hurt her. And he said it himself that he was laying back and going to let Tomoya beat the soccer guys to defend Mei.

Nonetheless, it was much more satisifying to see Sunohara run in and beat that arrogant punks ass. What I found really sweet was Sunohara and Tomoya's fight in the end. Yes - I found it sweet... Why? Because it portrayed how strong their friendship is. Even though they had to beat answer out of each other - they at least got through to each other. They're both goofs xD
I agreed with everything that you said :)

And I don't think it's weird that you found them beating each other up sweet. It really is a guy thing; sometimes talking just isn't enough and you need to pound on each other a bit before everything's okay xD I think this relieves most of the stress and tension -- something that it's not as easy for girls to do, so their fights often end up being petty.

Tomoya! He really is one of my favorite male protagonists, and this entire episode was a constant reminder of why. It takes a true friend to get angry at someone when they're acting like a doofus, and even though he was to the boiling point, he still went and slaved for the soccer club in order to try and get Sunohara back on the team. In fact, he even went so far as to humble himself by bowing, and restraining himself from beating those guys to a pulp when they insulted his girlfriend (I was cheering for him to go for it, but nonetheless xD).

You know, for how much he teases Sunohara and all his other friends, he cares about them so deeply, and he would do absolutely anything to protect them. He would give everything of himself with no hesitation if they were ever in a hint of trouble. For how weak he is when it comes to his own issues and his own father, he makes up for it with tremendous strength everywhere else. I cannot wait to see the resolution of his story, for I will love to see the man he is on the other side of that as compared to the man he is now.

Truly superb.

As for next episode, I can't say the dorm leader really interests me too much, so I'm hoping that story will prove to be interesting :)
Oct 25, 2008 1:54 AM
Oct 2007
That was a powerful friendship fight and the way they laughed at themselves and each other afterward had me in tears and laughter at the same time. The flashback at the end made their friendship even more heartwarming. Friends from school really do last forever.

And Sunohara's reaction to Sanae's "Akio-san is my husband" was fantastic.

One of the best episodes so far.
Oct 25, 2008 2:04 AM
Aug 2008
Still no Eclipse :z
Oct 25, 2008 2:06 AM

Jul 2008
Kineta said:
jazmin_s said:
Sunohara trusting Tomoya with his little sister just goes to show how much their friendship is worth. I mean, he must trust Tomoya to not hurt her. And he said it himself that he was laying back and going to let Tomoya beat the soccer guys to defend Mei.

I agreed with everything that you said :)

And I don't think it's weird that you found them beating each other up sweet. It really is a guy thing; sometimes talking just isn't enough and you need to pound on each other a bit before everything's okay xD I think this relieves most of the stress and tension -- something that it's not as easy for girls to do, so their fights often end up being petty.

Tomoya! He really is one of my favorite male protagonists, and this entire episode was a constant reminder of why. It takes a true friend to get angry at someone when they're acting like a doofus, and even though he was to the boiling point, he still went and slaved for the soccer club in order to try and get Sunohara back on the team. In fact, he even went so far as to humble himself by bowing, and restraining himself from beating those guys to a pulp when they insulted his girlfriend (I was cheering for him to go for it, but nonetheless xD).

You know, for how much he teases Sunohara and all his other friends, he cares about them so deeply, and he would do absolutely anything to protect them. He would give everything of himself with no hesitation if they were ever in a hint of trouble. For how weak he is when it comes to his own issues and his own father, he makes up for it with tremendous strength everywhere else. I cannot wait to see the resolution of his story, for I will love to see the man he is on the other side of that as compared to the man he is now.

Truly superb.

As for next episode, I can't say the dorm leader really interests me too much, so I'm hoping that story will prove to be interesting :)

SORRY BUT I DISAGREE! Sure the feelings are there BUT VIOLENCE NEVER SOLVES NOTHING! There better solutions! There is NO NEED TO POUND ON EACH OTHER. Sure this is anime BUT SAYING IT IS OK TO BEAT UP PEOPLE (friends or not) just to get to the bottom of things IS WRONG!

It is the same as using violence as means to express oneself in order TO END THE MISUNDERSTANDING! Sure Sunohara deserved it and all but THERE MUST HAVE BEEN ANOTHER WAY!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 25, 2008 2:08 AM

Mar 2008
this ep was alright, my emotions are a bit broken temporarily( i hope its only that) so i cant seem to care as much so its hard to tell, damn ><

this show better get really really sad soon and be able to make me cry, cuz i need it >_<
Oct 25, 2008 6:54 AM

Nov 2007
Kinda overdramatized, but it's a powerful and emotional episode. I really like the focus on the friendship and trust between Okazaki and Sunohara. The fighting scene between the two was great as well, since I can see that sometimes words aren't enough to express what they feel. It also reminds me just what kind of a person Okazaki is despite his image as a delinquent. Great closure as well, with them laughing it off the next day and the last scene when Sunohara finds out Sanae is Akio's wife.

Great episode overall. I'm looking forward to Misae's arc.
Oct 25, 2008 8:15 AM

Jul 2008
Best episode of after story so far, 10/5 all the way
Oct 25, 2008 9:56 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome. Reminded me why I like Clannad so much. I'm going to rate season 2 a 10 just for this episode XD. Well no, not really, but it was still awesome.

Sunohara and Tomoya's friendship was really the strongest point of this episode. His relationship with Mei had a great resolution too, but it wasn't as amazing. But, Tomoya is still rather mean to Sunohara. I do wish he'd be a little nicer sometimes. Akio probably killed Sunohara.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 25, 2008 10:08 AM

Sep 2008
DAMN ECLIPSE!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *Throws Super Smash Bros Brawl*
Oct 25, 2008 10:54 AM

Jul 2008
I really liked this ep.

I'm glad everything is solved.

We saw Tomoya's real anger for the first time. He was really different at that time.

Okazaki vs. Tomoya scenes very really effective.

At the end Sunohara goes all the way for Sanae and asks Akio ahahaha very funny :D Tomoya is such a joker I like his joker side most <33333
Oct 25, 2008 1:14 PM
Jun 2007
A manly moment in this show not involving Akio? This episode gets a 5/5 just for the fist fight between Sunohara and Tomoya. That had to be the best moment so far in both seasons, 'cept the Mei and Tomoya 'onni-chan' moments. xD

oh and once again, Tomoya is a successful troll.
Oct 25, 2008 4:24 PM

Oct 2008
God damn it I wish I could just walk into this episode and beat the shit out of all those soccer club members, fuck.

Tomoya and Sunohara, such a good pair of friends...I wish I had a friend like that TT^TT
KoryuOct 25, 2008 4:28 PM
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Oct 25, 2008 5:44 PM

Jul 2008
what are Eclipse doing?!
Oct 25, 2008 6:28 PM

Jun 2008
Excellent episode -- best so far this season. It mixed the best of what makes Clannad so great: Solid drama (maybe stretched a bit far, but Tomoya, Nagisa and Mei are fighting for, in their minds, the livelihood of Sunohara -- they want to give him the kickstart he needs to take control of his life) and good comedy (Akio <3). The fight scene between Tomoya and Sunohara is one of the best scenes in either of Clannad's seasons. Very well done.
Oct 25, 2008 7:26 PM

Sep 2008
ECLIPSE AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Throws Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2*
Oct 25, 2008 7:48 PM

Oct 2008
This episode made me shed man tears, there was so much GAR coming from Tomoya and Sunohara that it made me feel as if the episode was epic. The animation I thought seemed to have improved in this episode.
Without a doubt in my mind, i personally believe this is the best Clannad episode i have seen up to date.
Oct 25, 2008 9:26 PM

Jan 2008
Mario1-7 said:
ECLIPSE AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Throws Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2*

Eclipse... ahhhh *throws a mushroom at mario*
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

724 by Miyagi-Hana »»
Mar 9, 3:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.