Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »
Oct 30, 2016 7:33 PM

Jun 2013
I think this anime finished quite wistfully
Nov 7, 2016 10:25 PM

Jan 2011
„Hyouka“ was I think my first „slice of life“ animation show with realistic characters and scenery wich was still airing when I started it. I dont know why I started this show. Maybe it was because of the fantastic animation style. I remember that I watched „sakamichi no Apollon“ befor, too, but it was more a love drama show. But I liked it. „So lets try „hyouka“, too.“ I thought.

And it was different. It was a school show, but I didnt like „school shows“ this time because I was afraid that there would be to much unrealistic comedy and crazyness. But „hyouka“ was not like that what I found out really soon. I started to like it also because of the fact of solving mysteries. I am a Conan-fan and enjoyed solving murder cases with this guy those days, too. x) So somehow I felt at home while watching „hyouka“. And the main girls were really cute, too. ^^ But later the school festival ark boosted that show into my absolutely top favorite shows ever. Everything was so colorfull in its own way but cute and relaxing. On top of that those fantastic animations. It was simply done right. In addition the romance was never to much for a guy like me. „Hyouka“ was well balanced. Also besides this the general color style was kinda different. Many school shows have those strong or saturated coloration, bright colors to catch the eye. Not „hyouka“ somehow for my eyes. It felt really good watching this show. I felt really calm, peacefull and so on. A great feeling still today.

I finally fell in love with „slice of life“ and lighthearted romance or lighthearted drama and also school shows doesnt scare me any more. ^^ „Hyouka“ became some kind of special spot on my long way watching movies and shows or reading books (like for example „cowboy Bebop“ did why its for ever on #1 on my list). After all those superpower or action shows „hyouka“ finally opened a door to another world of stories for me and as I look back now those new stories (for example „no non biyori“ or „hibike! euphonium!“) or the changed view of older works before watching „hyouka“ (like some Ghibli movies) made me into a better human beeing I think. And thats why this show has a special place in my head and heart.

Because of that I was never able to watch the last episode. I think everybody knows that feeling after the very last second of a show you liked watching while airing: „Now its over … … That void …“ ;) I didnt want to have that feeling because during the second half of the show it grew into my heart and i could not wait until the next episode was aired. So as I said, I never watched the last episode and I saved that for a special moment. Well, later I found one: I decided to visit Nihon for one year and after some years it came true. First I wanted to watch the last episode at my last day in Nihon. But I found out, that I can visit the model town of „hyouka“, Takayama. And yeah, some days ago i finally reached Takayama during my bicycle tour through central Honshu. I I explored a lot of places from the show and also made it for a short time into an afterschool club from that school! =D I knew where the last episode takes place and that you can see some nice sakura blossom in this episode. I decided to watch the last episode right there. I found the place with this sakura tree. It was not spring, it was autumn, so no sakura, but still it was more I would have ever expected years before. ^^ Sometimes you have moments in life you wish you can freeze them. It was definitly one of them for me.

So, thats the intro to my personal look at the last episode of „hyouka“. x) And I was realy happy somehow, that there was no real conclusion of the story strings. I was scared all the years that it would be definitly over. But its not somehow. There is still the small possibility that there would be more at some point in the future. And somehow I can live with this feeling more than with a real ending I was so worried about. But yeah, I still made it (more) special for me. And all that feels good. =)

„Hyouka“ may not be a favorite series for everyone because its too boring or there is no real end or no extraordinary soundtrack, but who cares. For me it is more than a masterpiece until I die. i will visit Takayama again, enjoying the hyouka spots, maybe I see some guys from „my“ sportsclub at the hyouka-school again or even can visit a school festival there, too (too bad there was none at my stay there). ^^ Lets see what the future has for me! =) Until then some hyouka-music will definitly pop up in my music player or some random hyouka-pics will appear here and there and that will bring back the feels every time for sure.

Thank you, hyouka!
Nov 8, 2016 3:29 AM

Apr 2016
Jackstyle said:
Last Scene - Oreki & Chitanda in front of the cherry blossom tree:

Chitanda: " Take a look, Oreki-san.
This is my place.
All that's here are water and soil.
The people are growing old and tired.
I don't think that this place is the most beautiful.
I also don't think that this place is full of potential.
But...I wanted you to see it, Oreki-san."

My first thought was, that this means that Chitanda is the person who was responsible for the blocking of the bridge, so they had to go the alternate route, so Oreki is forced/able to see the cherry blossom tree. But maybe it's already the start of Oreki's daydream, so Chitanda never said that.

I would like to hear any other opinions about that.

She was not responsible for blocking the bridge and apparently she did say these lines for real (in the book) so it was not a dream and I see it as an indirect love confession, exactly like the line "this starry sky is all I Have to offer" in Bakemonogatari.
Too bad Oreki did not say what he first wanted "What about I take care of the business side for you?" but in the end it was clear for us watchers what kind of feelings they have for eachother. That was a beautiful conclusion.

@summerwars
I got this relaxing effect from Hyouka too. I guess we could put this show in the "Iyashikei" categorie.
I love this anime too, it's my all time fav'.

The story is not over yet, there is still an arc and a new Koten-bu serie 's coming. I hope one day we get some stories when they're grown-up, in college for instance or later.
Ysad_ZiwezhanNov 8, 2016 3:35 AM
Nov 8, 2016 10:39 PM

Sep 2015
Good anime. But the ending I felt trolled when she didn't hear his words lol. Still it proves he likes her with those words. I feel like he changed a lot this series and just came to help when she asked if he could. :3
Satoshi really needs to overcome his thinking on love and just date Mayaka ! 😆

8/10
Nov 20, 2016 5:40 PM

Jul 2016
I thought in the end will start their romance, i was really glad to hear his words about this, but it was JUST A DREAM... D: Damn, It was so close... so close... ah... :c
Perfect detective, excellent slice of life, and good some sort of romance between main charaters in second part of anime.

9/10
Mar 10, 2017 8:40 AM

Aug 2014
Finally i finished it, it took me a lot to finish it due to its very boring and dull story.
I realize that Slice of Life shows are not my type mainly because there are character driven. The characters were fine but also nothing impressive, only Oreki was like 8/10 and the rest are just fine.

Though i loved the art style, it was very beautiful especially last 10 minutes in this final episode. Sounds also good even though the OST was boring.
Disappointing conclusion, it was just like any other episode, they should've made it stand out as something more memorable as an ending.

Anyway, still for a Slice of Life, I would say this anime is good, for SOL fans its highly likely to be enjoyed.

6.5/10
Mar 13, 2017 6:18 AM

Sep 2016
A fantastic mix of genres, I was doubtful if view it, but honestly I was hooked. Gorgeous. I really invoke a second season.
Jun 2, 2017 5:14 AM
Mar 2017
Kenta_Maebara said:
Not a masterpiece, but pretty damn close to being one. I'LL MISS YOU HYOUKA!! AND THE CLASSICS CLUB!!! T^T 9/10 for me.

Theorized by my brother and myself, there's probably going to be a movie. And by "probably" I mean most likely. Look at it this way:

Haruhi had a disappointing ending, only to be followed up by a 2nd season, leading into a full-feature film.

K-On season 1 & 2 both ended on a soft note, leaving us unsatisfied until the movie was announced and released. The movie gave the series a proper, expanded ending to the original.

Hyouka ended nicely, but without much impact. There's only 1 volume left; volume 5 is the largest out of the entire series. They'd be completely stupid to leave SUCH a large chunk of a story out! Henceforth, all hints lead to there being a full-feature film for Hyouka in production, presumingly adapted off the 5th and final novel.

Until then, bring on Chuunibyou!

But I don't think that the feature film we all were waiting for was released moreover it is as if they have just abandoned it.
Jun 17, 2017 3:52 PM

Nov 2016
This was a mixed bad with some interesting cases and some which were rather boring. The part I enjoyed the most about this show was the likeable cast,especially Oreki and Chitanda.

Liked this last episode,the part with Oreki and Chitanda was cute and the moment when the cherry blossoms fell down was beautiful animated. And although it doesn't seem that this show had a proper conclusion I'm still satisfied with how it ended. For someone who's lacking motivation as much as Oreki it wouldn't fit to get the girl in the end.Therefore just realizing that he's in love is a much more fitting end for someone like him. And on top of that it isn't even a romance so it's absolutely good the way it is.

A nice show overall.
Dunno which score I should give Hyouka in the end, characters were an 8 for me (Chitanda a 10 of course <3), but plotwise or better said mysterywise it was rather average = 5. That would result in a 6,5 , usually I don't round up but for the lovely characters and beatiful visuals I will give out a 7.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2017 9:36 AM

Aug 2013
Houtarou saying "how about I take those side businesses for you" only to end up being his imagination. I was trolled. -_-*
Though, that would've been a good proposal.

Houtarou was once again curious. This time to see how hot Chitanda was.

Almost a masterpiece. 9/10. Loved it. It's been 5 years already but I would like to see a season 2. It needs it.

Jul 30, 2017 4:33 PM

Oct 2013
I just finished my first re-watch of Hyouka. After thinking a bit about it, I came to the conclusion that Hyouka is my favorite KyoAni show. I really hope there will be a second season, but seems like there is not enough original material to use.
Jul 31, 2017 4:15 AM
Jul 2017
Today i finish my re:watch of Hyouka after several year I've not watch it, the conclusions I've got : "this is the love story that I'd long for, love story between The Strength & The Fool."

Everyone, i have to remind all of you, in this series, Eru Houtarou Satoshi Mayaka is still FRESHMAN !!!!
I don't want them to be bounded by love-chain too soon!!!
They're still have so much time to build their 'tower of love', i hope the towers will reach the highest altitude, and it can't be accomplished only within a year, I'm i not?
There's no eternal love made from instant impulse of love!

I love how author made Chitanda Eru with her naivety and impluse of curiosity that always push Oreki Houtarou to unfold all the mystery's.
Chitanda Eru with her motherly nature's, she's really good at cooking, and she's also a smart girl, a genius on the other way, reverse from Kind of Genius of Oreki Houtarou.

What i love from Hyouka was the youth love story, the shyness, the awkward moment when they're interacts to each other.

That's why i don't need the CONCLUSION of Love Story from Hyouka, coz the series is have a long way to go to reach the end!!!!

From what I've been feel in this series, i have an impression that on their first year of interaction, is just a initial phase, a phase to know each other, it's just STARTING LINE!!!
The end of the year, The Hina Matsuri, is the end of that phase, from now on, Oreki know the importance of Chitanda for his life and so for Chitanda toward Oreki.
I don't want to discuss love story of Satoshi and Mayaka, coz that's too obvious, Satoshi with his obsession phobia's and Mayaka with her impulse to get Satoshi love, that's childish!

I guest, for Their second year on highschool, they wouldn't get a conclusion too, coz it's too early, atleast wait until the end of third year, on the graduation ceremony, at the entrance of school, or like the last episode of season 1, below the Cherry Blossom Tree, that's too romantic !!!!!

From all the anime with love story genre on it that I've watch till now, only Hyouka, can made me happy, i can feel the joy within me when i see Chitanda & Oreki face each other with shyness on their face.

But i kinda feel sad for Chitanda, she's doomed, she'd fixed destiny, no matter where she go, She'll have to face the fact, she can't escape her family, she've to inherit her family.

I long for more epic love story on Hyouka, i love Chitanda Eru.

that's from me. thanks for read my post 😂
Aug 13, 2017 11:31 AM

May 2016
Not a bad ending I guess that's what I expect from Novel adaptation the confession stuff is way a head glad I could finish this boring anime I guess slice of life isn't made for me but I enjoyed the last two episodes they were really good tbh 6/10
Aug 27, 2017 4:50 PM

Mar 2017
I have to say i really loved Hyouka and all the characters in it, but i found the ending to be a little disappointing and unsatisfying. I think too many questions were left unanswered and there were too many events or character developments left unfinished such as Satoshi and Mayaka's who love situation and the fact that Houtarou changed a lot but he never really reflected on that change which i think was needed because at the start of the series he was questioning his way of life but once he changed he never said whether he thought this new way of life was better than the old or not.

Sorry for the long post guys but there it is! I'd love to see a season 2 to be honest!
Sep 1, 2017 7:29 PM
Aug 2017
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
The romance was nice and a bit too sad for the ridiculous concept that plagues Satoshi from last episode. He needs like a mind change or ideological change. Love is totally not the way he thinks even in terms of dedication.

Needs S2 ASAP!

Hmm, I guess your theory was somewhat right when I was talking about it in episode 16. There was definitely a spark between Satoshi and Mayaka especially from the previous episode. (even if it was indirectly)

Now if they were to do a S2, I reckon they can introduce some sort of rival mystery club against them that becomes a major hassle for them to compete against. But otherwise, this was a great series imo and a Season 2 is needed.
lol that would be pretty awkward though...😂
Sep 1, 2017 7:31 PM
Aug 2017
naufalgetmad said:
Today i finish my re:watch of Hyouka after several year I've not watch it, the conclusions I've got : "this is the love story that I'd long for, love story between The Strength & The Fool."

Everyone, i have to remind all of you, in this series, Eru Houtarou Satoshi Mayaka is still FRESHMAN !!!!
I don't want them to be bounded by love-chain too soon!!!
They're still have so much time to build their 'tower of love', i hope the towers will reach the highest altitude, and it can't be accomplished only within a year, I'm i not?
There's no eternal love made from instant impulse of love!

I love how author made Chitanda Eru with her naivety and impluse of curiosity that always push Oreki Houtarou to unfold all the mystery's.
Chitanda Eru with her motherly nature's, she's really good at cooking, and she's also a smart girl, a genius on the other way, reverse from Kind of Genius of Oreki Houtarou.

What i love from Hyouka was the youth love story, the shyness, the awkward moment when they're interacts to each other.

That's why i don't need the CONCLUSION of Love Story from Hyouka, coz the series is have a long way to go to reach the end!!!!

From what I've been feel in this series, i have an impression that on their first year of interaction, is just a initial phase, a phase to know each other, it's just STARTING LINE!!!
The end of the year, The Hina Matsuri, is the end of that phase, from now on, Oreki know the importance of Chitanda for his life and so for Chitanda toward Oreki.
I don't want to discuss love story of Satoshi and Mayaka, coz that's too obvious, Satoshi with his obsession phobia's and Mayaka with her impulse to get Satoshi love, that's childish!

I guest, for Their second year on highschool, they wouldn't get a conclusion too, coz it's too early, atleast wait until the end of third year, on the graduation ceremony, at the entrance of school, or like the last episode of season 1, below the Cherry Blossom Tree, that's too romantic !!!!!

From all the anime with love story genre on it that I've watch till now, only Hyouka, can made me happy, i can feel the joy within me when i see Chitanda & Oreki face each other with shyness on their face.

But i kinda feel sad for Chitanda, she's doomed, she'd fixed destiny, no matter where she go, She'll have to face the fact, she can't escape her family, she've to inherit her family.

I long for more epic love story on Hyouka, i love Chitanda Eru.

that's from me. thanks for read my post 😂
Season 2 is pretty much impossible...sadly
Sep 6, 2017 11:03 AM
Sep 2017
I was so sad for oreki, he can' t/wan' t say his feelings for chitanda, al least he change totally his mind...
Sep 10, 2017 5:01 AM
Aug 2017
I wish they made the 2nd season. 😣
Sep 18, 2017 11:29 PM

Jun 2017
Wow just finished even if it left some questions unanswered it had some weird relaxing effect on me.Someone just described Hyouka aptly.
#Copied
The novel has much more feel to it and TBH I think it takes a few times reading to really grasp the message the author is trying to portray. The biggest two themes is "rose coloured life", "character growth" and "potential/talent/choice" since a majority of the cast feel they could have a better higu school life or they subject themselves to a rather limited life - Oreki with his grey life, Chitanda with her farm, Satoshi with his 'data base' claim and Mayaka with her manga. However, the novel and the anime does portray a different feel. The novel feels much more mature, especially volume 6 where everyone is in their second year and is reflecting their old selves. I promise you it's an experience but only if you keep the themes in mind and push the 'romance' away because the novel is generally about growth. Especially when you take notice of how in episode 1 Oreki doesn't bat an eye at the falling cherry tree petals while entering high school but in the last episode he's completely in awe of it after almost suggesting a route he can take for his future in business. If course, Oreki is still far from achieving his rose coloured life, especially once you notice in the last episode how he's dressed rather dully in browns and greys while Chitanda is dressed in links and green. So, in conclusion, romance is far and the story is about growth and a better life and potential.
Sep 28, 2017 10:49 AM
Jul 2017
OMFG this ending got me so hard, i was first like: YES HE FINNALY SAID ITT YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!! OMG! YEEEEEEES!
And then out of nowere; By the way; what? -- Ohh, Nothing!

WHY WOULD YOU DO THISSSSS OOOH MAAAAAI GAAAAAAAAAAAAWD WHY? ......... ;(
Kokoro Connect <3
Oct 4, 2017 4:14 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I finally finished it. I originally started it back when it was airing but stopped. I feel like it was too much for me at the time. Luckily an English dub came out, making it so much easier to understand.

I adored this one. It was fascinating and really made you think at times. I loved the deducting and hypotheses given for every mystery. The characters were likable, the art and animation were wonderful, and I just found this incredibly endearing. Easily one of KyoAni's best works in years, up there with Amagi Brilliant Park.

The ending did take me by surprise though, it ended a bit more abruptly than I thought. Also the last few episodes were sort of a let down compared to the previous arcs we saw. I did like the every day situations they had for each episode, but they didn't resonate with me nearly as well as the ones in arcs.

Regardless, I'm happy I finished this one. It was terrific. I'd love to see more with these characters, but it's been 5 years so it's probably safe to say that this is it. A shame, but I'll be sure to come back to it and watch it again. 9/10
Nov 5, 2017 5:00 PM
Jul 2017
This comment isn't necessarily regarding the last episode, but the last arc as a whole. The ending for this arc was fine, great even. The issue is that this was the last arc, with the most intricate one being the festival. I expected a bigger mystery to finish off the story, one where Houtarou realizes his potential and evolves in to what we all know he will be one day, a legitimate detective. I ultimately don't favor this ending because of my opinion of missed potential and that I wanted more, but for what we got, I do respect this finale. I can also see why some expected a more romantically realized ending, because this arc had some build up that had seemed to be leading to that.

tl;dr

Could have used 3 more episodes with a bigger mystery to finish off the series.
Dec 17, 2017 4:13 PM

Aug 2013
Very weak anime, which one genre it supposed to be? Logic here is a total bluff, it's like MC wants to believe in his theories full of holes and prejudices but they are magically become true because of with author's permission, relations here are much weaker than in Kokoro Connect for example, 22 episodes of nothing, on of the worst anime from Kyoto Animation but still it's so pretentious and unreasonably overrated, this is how you can understand that it's a real garbage, not just something generic. Even romance here is from nowhere, absolutely typical cheap trick from not even second-tire anime but from third-tier. In fact after some time you won't remember anything from there except for pair of moments from the very end maybe. Empty and meaningless anime which trying so hard to imitate some plot and emotional weight, although it shamelessly uses the most primitive concept ever "he is fascinated by her for nothing", well she has beautiful eyes styled in Kyoto Animation and a character of little girl from kindergarten, but is this anime worth your time in terms of plot and any sense? No - 3/10.
Dec 21, 2017 9:27 AM
Jun 2017
I need more anime like this!!!
Feb 15, 2018 6:03 PM
Sep 2016
Although it doesn’t feel like the end, it was beautiful.
Very beautiful.
To the point I feel a gap in heart.

The ending is that spring which resembles the Rose-Life came.
Satoshi doesn’t want to devote himself to someone.
Oreki became more willing to devote himself to someone.
Mayaka is trying to devite herself to someone but couldn’t.
Chitanda chose to devote herself to her village (or smth like that)

Between resposibilies one has to take, and ones one don’t want to.

They will continue to learn and change until they’re able to get out of their comfort zone and take responsibilty for their feelings (esp. Satoshi & Oreki)

They will continue learning from each other.

What’s gonna happen next?

I’m curious!
Mar 2, 2018 4:01 AM
Feb 2018
this ending is beautiful but it feels like there's a hole in my heart. to put it simply, uncomplete.
I think Oreki finally realized that he might have fallen for Chitanda (he is "curious" with her face as a doll and said this is what Satoshi feels for Mayaka) then he even kinda proposed Chitanda in his imagination (wanted to take care of Chitanda's farm business).
If they decided to do the season 2, I expect they're already in 2nd grade and there's new kouhai in the Classics club. I really hope they do the season 2 :((
Mar 5, 2018 11:42 PM
Aug 2011
This is so good. Just finished and didn't expect a chill anime like this to pick my interest so much. Loved the entire Hyouka and hope we will see a season 2 in future.

The ending triggered me a bit though. I shipped them and was happy when he finally said it. But they decided to go back and make it look like it was in his mind (they did that a few times in the series but stopped in the half).

That was kinda annoying but overall a great series. Loved it!
May 2, 2018 2:52 PM
Fantasy lover

Aug 2017
At the beginng I was prettey hyped. Than oreki said, he can the commercial part and was just saying: yes!yes!Yes! And than it was just his imagination and became so angry, that i almost threw my tablet through the room. Still good episode, but the end was "shit"
May 5, 2018 4:27 AM

Apr 2013
Bit of a boring last episode tbh, feels kinda unfinished. Overall still a nice watch, though not outstanding. The show lived from is characaters. Oreki was definitely the most interesting to me, Chitanda was a bit annoying at times but else just cute. The other two both were more annoying than fun to watch somehow. 7/10
Jan 1, 2019 12:50 PM
Nov 2012
That ending and no new Hyouka in sight six years later... I am genuinely raging right now. I really wanted them to get together definitively

FUCK
Jan 2, 2019 11:08 AM
Jan 2017
Kyoto Animation, you sure know how to animate a masterpiece. Clannad, A silent voice and now this! Hyouka I'm giving you a 10/10.

Ps. K.A. ypu also did a great job in Violet Evergarden.
Jan 2, 2019 11:11 AM
Jan 2017
MonkeyShines said:
That ending and no new Hyouka in sight six years later... I am genuinely raging right now. I really wanted them to get together definitively

FUCK

I know right. haha
May 18, 2019 6:00 AM

May 2015
Meh...not my taste at all.

4/10 at best.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 9, 2019 1:35 PM

Jul 2016
Decent way to conclude this anime. Its ending was mostly open but at least it did a very well job at portraying Oreki's "obsession" for Eru I mean, he even considered (in his mind at least) leaving his comfort zone and personal ideology far behind in order to still being in her life. That just shows how interested/intrigued he is with this girl.

Overall, it was a "good" series and I can understand the appeal it has between many people but unfortunately, it never caught my interest completely. Not to mention that the whole "Movie Mystery Arc" was a complete snooze fest but that's just my opinion, of course.

5/10 - Although is mostly impossible at this point, I wouldn't really mind a second season.
SouthRzVaSep 28, 2020 11:15 AM
Jul 2, 2019 8:39 AM
Jan 2019
I refuse to believe this ending and imagine my own xD
Jul 10, 2019 6:06 PM

Oct 2012
It had a lot of potential, but I guess it lost itself a bit among the episodes... I really, really enjoyed the slice of life, but I kept feeling like I wanted to know the characters better. I only liked the festival arc and the chocolate episode. Aside from that I felt the cases were mostly boring. I didn't like Oreki very much either, he's cute when he's embarrassed but that's about it... The only character I truly liked was Mayaka. It's weird, but it felt short (in terms of development of the characters) although some episodes were boring. If it was 52 episodes long I think I'd be able to like the characters more (?). Or maybe I would feel like I didn't know them forever. Not sure. 6/10 for me.
Aug 23, 2019 4:06 PM

Nov 2017
Hey, lady! <3

Anyway, this was a good re-watch! I'm glad I did it! This episode really shows how much Houtarou has changed from the first episode. The fact he accepted Eru's request despite the fact it goes against his motto, and his feelings for her. He didn't even hesitate!

The tease at the end though was a bit annoying, not gonna front!~ At least the entire pink/rose coloured sequence is great! The sky, cherry blossoms, and sunset were all wonderful!

And that's it! Gotta keep this KyoAni watch going so time to watch another anime!
Sep 4, 2019 12:59 PM
Dec 2018
Did Chitanda just propose to Oreki indirectly ?!
#kyoanistrong
Sep 17, 2019 6:30 AM
Jan 2019
I thought the bridge going to fall because of my classmate told me episode 22 is somewhat special or something like that (he did not spoil the episode) but they just past the bridge and see the cherry blossoms -_- and it's only 22 episodes I'm expecting 24 like others well I'm satisfied 9/10

I thought he just propose to be his wife and work for her farm but it just a thought
Sep 21, 2019 9:42 PM

Aug 2015
this is nice

I'm surprised and a little disappointed at the absence of another multi-episode mystery arc after the ned of the school festival arc.

I sometimes zoned out during the more slice of life moments, but I always enjoyed the use of deduction to "solve cases"

the animation quality is really high, the cherry blossoms and everything in this last episode felt like feature quality animation.

Jan 1, 2020 1:54 PM

Jan 2015
That was a good ride.
Very peaceful episode.
Anime overall had boring parts but it was interesting. 7/10 I guess.
Jan 28, 2020 10:35 AM
Apr 2016
Oh how I wish this got a second season, but we probably won't—look at the damn ending. A great anime that I enjoyed very very much.
Feb 17, 2020 12:05 AM
Jan 2020
One of the best shows I've seen, totally loved the plot of the show, and animation were breathtaking considering it was made in 2012, especially this episode was so beautiful, last scene felt so heavenly, hope We get another Season
Mar 4, 2020 1:05 AM

Apr 2015
Oreki should have proposed now.
Mar 6, 2020 10:10 AM

Mar 2017
Rewatched it today and maaaaaaaan, I'm still mad that it was just on his mind. I mean, come on, you don't have to tease me like that. Then again looking it realistically, he's still a student and I do understand that he's not ready yet to take that big of a responsibility to be able to say that.

It's been 8 years and no Hyouka in-sight, and I don't even know what happened to its original source the Koten-bu Series, volume 7 is not even out yet up until this comment was made.
Apr 2, 2020 5:36 AM

Oct 2019
Beautiful anime! The story was amazing, everything is great! 9/10
dunno me baka aho

Apr 3, 2020 2:49 PM
Dec 2018
Of course it is happy ending.

Whether he said it or not doesn't matter. The fact that he was thinking of something that involved him spending more time with her is a big shift for him and it is clear that she loves him already. That was her version of a confession. And he seemed pretty happy about it. All good.

Great show.
May 5, 2020 12:12 AM

Nov 2017
oreki being led towards his desired rose-colored life by chitanda aww

pretty satisfying series overall
Jun 12, 2020 9:43 PM

Aug 2019
whelp that was the end of that. Overall, yeh Hyouka was an ok watch. Definitely a bit rough around the edges but then again nothing is perfect, ending wise i honestly felt so mixed about.
Story wise, it was pretty straight forward. We have 200IQ Hachiman Oreki Houtarou that has a chilled layed back life (something i honestly wish i had as well lol) until he meets Eru Chitanda a very curious, kawaii, maybe slightly over the top but also extremely rich and clever girl who almost quite literally flips his world upside down. Chitanda almost infectious love of mystery and solving them was a massive positive effect on Oreki and really opened him up as a person.
Overall the story was very very interesting in terms that it wasn't the usual SOL anime. The anime itself focused on the Mystery genre, executing it extremely well. The mystery, how they start, how Oreki examines it, then solving it and the ending result all felt extremely well down. The mystery themselves were very very well designed, they could be as simple as an announcement or an old memory of something, but the journey we then go on crunching theories, the "who what when where why's", why this dosen't work compared to that really brought you in as a viewer in my opinion and had me also trying to solve the mystery at the end. All the end results of the mystery's had me satisfied, i didn't dislike any of the results and most off the time was like "ahhhhhh it was (or because of) 'x' now it all makes sense". The way they actually present the mystery's with the animations that varied between paper origami to simple stick men figures was so, simplistic but so well detailed and designed and helped to explain the mystery in so much further detail.
One weak point i will say is the SOL romance and every day life aspect, felt quite dry. We never saw the characters beyond the school, maybe a few times at Chitanda's house and at the shrine but that was about it. Although it's not mandatory to have the characters have a group shopping day or movie day it did feel like it was something fundamentally missing from this anime (still mad we never saw the party they through for solving the Hyouka case). The romance was, there. We see no official love relationships between couples but is constantly hinted at. One thing i will say about this anime's execution of romance was, did we reaaaaallllly need an entire episode dedicated to Satoshi and Mayaka's relationship that we all know is a thing but they decided to then complicated it for 25 minutes and then loop to were they started at the end, making me even more confused on what there deal is? Honestly a Chitanda and Oreki relationship dedicated episode would of been 100x better in my opinion, not because i prefer them more, but because then we could of really seen how much of of Oreki has changed since meeting Chitanda in episode 1.
It was obvious Kyoto wanted to make this a very mystery focused anime, which in my opinion affected its ending quite a lot as it felt like Kyoto forgot that the basis for this anime was a SLICE OF LIFE ANIME. The starting point, the building blocks of this anime was from SOL genre yet that ending felt more like a "shit, we are at the end and can't think of any more plots for another mystery to end this anime, ah but we're already balls deep in the genre! Quick lets try to 'slice of life' it for the end, wait how do we do that again? isn't this is a mystery anime? uhhh i know, second shrine scene! And lets skip almost all the scenery and make the camera effects look like our guy is on LSD and drunk while having a stroke and finally make the ending really abrupt by giving the views false hope they'll see a massive relationship build between Oreki and Chitanda!"
all in all, Hyouka truly is a different anime but i feel like it sometimes has an identity crisis and forgets a thing or two. But the mystery genre this anime did, did in my opinion out way most of the bad.
Jun 25, 2020 10:54 PM

May 2015
I would have preferred a more concrete finale. The mystery arcs were pretty good imo, these final episodes about love were less impressive.
Animation was top notch, even 8 years later it's better than most anime released nowadays.
8/10
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.