Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 17, 2012 5:43 PM

May 2012
dam another door is goint to close.. sawa so damn sexy.. and why is it too much underrated? im expecting at least at rank500+.. well i dont care about ratings though this anime is heartwarming.. ciao..

Sep 17, 2012 7:43 PM

Oct 2011
Great episode with lots of touching moments. Wakana's character underwent the most change, and it was done in a way that was believable. She literally went from my least favorite character (from episode 1) to my favorite character currently. I have always suspected Taichi to have a crush on Sawa, this episode kind of confirmed it XD.

Sep 17, 2012 7:51 PM

May 2012
Danyn said:
Wow, her tear at the beginning of the episode fit perfectly with the op and that drop of water.

I feel like we'll be seeing a performance in the rain, similar to the ending in Step Up 2 if anyone's seen it.

i know what u mean there.. :) looks like its gonna be the same.. ^^

Sep 17, 2012 8:14 PM

Mar 2012
This show is just becoming so unforgivably bad. It was never great to begin with, but the script in this episode, God help us all.

"WE NEED TO SING"
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 17, 2012 9:13 PM
Jul 2012
whoever sad because this anime will going to be finish i will say this to you

Great Anime doesn't need a long episode but a good memories whoever ever watch this anime.

I rarely see anime that all episode has a 'worth' value to rewatch again.

i don't know if the last episode will give us a bad taste. but if the last episode will satisfy me enough regardless of the ending

Tari-tari will be my first anime that have "all episode worth to rewatch" value
b4hn5chSep 17, 2012 9:21 PM
Sep 17, 2012 10:50 PM

Jun 2011
makoa69 said:
Man, the two boys got the shaft in terms of development. They're pretty much there to just sing the tenor and bass parts. >.<

Yup, exactly what i thought. To me Taichi just seems to be there just so the club will be formally recognized as a club and the girls sometimes treat him like shit.

Anyways wow i didnt check how many episode this anime had cause i was sure it would be two cour but im shock next episode is the end. Im gonna miss my weekly Sawa T_T
Sep 17, 2012 11:55 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, the show is pretty impressive

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 18, 2012 1:05 AM

Feb 2012
Good episode I think... :D
Sep 18, 2012 1:17 AM

Jul 2011
Another good episode, this series really surprised me, now 1 episode left...sad.
Sep 18, 2012 1:28 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
And the finale is finally next week. I generally liked the build up of this episode. Here's to hoping that the ending will be a satisfying one.
Sep 18, 2012 2:13 AM

Sep 2012
Please don't expect the final episode to be great.

It IS going to be GREATER!!

You guys ready for the Shirosai?? :D
Sep 18, 2012 6:30 AM

Aug 2007
O.o Next week last episode. I really hoping that White festival will be a great event.
Sep 18, 2012 5:43 PM

Jul 2012
Arghhhhhh ... Taichi took Sawa's cute photo and kept it himself? Soooooooo cute XD
Did you see how Taichi disappointed when Sawa didn't think he could do the dress? I was lol'ed
At least he loves her, I know. :)

-----

Am I the only one who feel like Wakana's really becoming a lovable character? With that cute smile, that happiness aura that she spread out. Oh god, I didn't think she could turn this way.

-----

For Konatsu ... Way to go! You're the club president after all. I like the scene when she was at the club meeting the most. Stand up for what you believe, exactly!

And ... Konatsu pic dump! Because you're so cute :3

-----

Anybody else notice what they did here at the beginning? Yep! :D

-----

Ok, so the next episode, I'm pretty sure either I'm going to laugh so hard, or I'm going to cry. It seems like they can't get into the school, and it was raining ... Now, Choir Club VS The Boss! Let's show him the power of music and your dedication guys!

(I'm having a weird feeling though, thinking that the next episode will be the last ... I didn't want this show to end. I love this show. It's not just a high school with music show — it's friendship, reaching your dream, believing in yourself ... It may not be the anime of the year, but I'm pretty sure I'll remember this show for a long long time. :))

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Sep 18, 2012 5:53 PM

Jul 2012
Post-Josh said:
This show is just becoming so unforgivably bad. It was never great to begin with, but the script in this episode, God help us all.

"WE NEED TO SING"
Indeed, God help us all.

Oh, I think I know one good thing about this show though that you can't denied though — this show has something that made you have to watch it every single week. Every. Single. Week.

Good to see you still sticking around and tell us how bad this show is over and over again. I guess most of us here are just enjoy the show no matter how crappy the script is, how stupid the drama is, and how bad the anime is. Maybe we don't know what really is a *great* anime, or how deep and twisted the story has to go, as we just love to watch it and enjoy the show. :)

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Sep 18, 2012 9:22 PM

Jul 2009
Sawa is the best girl!
Good job badminton boy.

I think Wien's family might come in to play and show who's the real boss.
Sep 18, 2012 9:36 PM

Oct 2011
Good thinking there Tanaka. I wouldn't sell that pic away either.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2012 6:39 AM

Mar 2012
Heartwarming episode..
Sep 19, 2012 7:55 AM

Jun 2012
Post-Josh said:

"WE NEED TO SING"

Have to agree with Josh here, the only thing this anime has going for itself is that it looks good visually. Other then that the plot is awful and boring.
Sep 19, 2012 8:22 AM

Jul 2010
b4hn5ch said:
whoever sad because this anime will going to be finish i will say this to you

Great Anime doesn't need a long episode but a good memories whoever ever watch this anime.

I rarely see anime that all episode has a 'worth' value to rewatch again.

i don't know if the last episode will give us a bad taste. but if the last episode will satisfy me enough regardless of the ending

Tari-tari will be my first anime that have "all episode worth to rewatch" value

I know what you mean. I was re-watching portions of episodes 9 and 10 for my review on my blog (yes, I am a bit behind ... ) and I realized I had ended up watching almost all of both episodes, basically from the point that I clicked into on. I just kept watching, and I had already seen both of them twice (once the night they came out, a second time with my daughter.) There has been a consistent level of quality in the episodes, whether it is a build-up episode or a resolution episode for a mini-arc.

I really hope that they take the time, after the kids sing their song, to show how their lives go on, even if is just a montage of images over the ED showing Taichi passing his entrance exam to qualify for his scholarship, Wakana choosing a fine arts school to study music, Konatsu and Sawa heading off to college together (preferably the same one that Taichi has a scholarship at, since Sawa won't want to be separated from either her best friend or her boyfriend!) and Wien ... being Wien?

Maybe something as simple as Taichi walking toward the [Taichi's College] General Studies Entrance Exam room with his head in his notebook as he crams at the last minute and bumping into Sawa. Taichi looks shocked, Sawa blushes and shyly turns away, Taichi blushes and reaches for her hand, they walk into the next phase of their life together. Shortly after, Konatsu and Wakana part ways in the same corridor, as Wakana heads into the [Taichi's College] Fine Arts Entrance Exam room. Then, when Konatsu enters the [Taichi's College] Business School Entrance Exam room, she sees Wien already there, going over his notes.

That would be a wonderful conclusion, showing them all going forward to the next phase of their lives in their own way, but doing it together!

I can dream... ;)
Sep 19, 2012 11:58 AM

Jan 2011
What a great episode, this episode was amazing!
After watching some 'normal' shows this show's animation really shines. It's just amazing imo.
I'm looking forward to the last episode, I hope it's a really cool ending!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 21, 2012 2:36 PM

Mar 2012
Wien is just supercute!!!
Sep 21, 2012 7:57 PM

Mar 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Ueno was a A TOTAL BITCH!

That wasn't Ueno, she was the pianist with the music. It was this character -

myanimelist.net/character/65697/Nanae_Hirohata
Sep 22, 2012 4:39 AM

Sep 2012
Oh... He didn't share the picture ! Hope to see something about that matter in the last episode.

It was great, can't wait for the end :)
Sep 22, 2012 6:16 AM

Oct 2010
razisgosu said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Oh? I though it was Ueno since her name was said first, still such a stuck up. She really needs to loosen up man. It's ridiculous how her attitude was at that time.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 22, 2012 9:11 AM

Mar 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
razisgosu said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Oh? I though it was Ueno since her name was said first, still such a stuck up. She really needs to loosen up man. It's ridiculous how her attitude was at that time.

The pianist she gives the music to is Ueno, she was never a bitch. She only ever supported Konatsu. When the bitchy girl shows up she calls her Hirohata-san. (Rewatched the scene to check)

I think she's experiencing some sort of inferiority complex towards Konatsu and her club. Despite the fact the choir club is so large, and has the VP as their teacher, they're still not putting in half the effort or getting results like Konatsu.
Sep 22, 2012 3:30 PM

Oct 2011
Heartwarming episode! Great to see them all working as a team to get Shirosai to happen. I teared up when Wakana was at the grave with the Vice Principial - I've really grown to love Naoko.

I don't want it to end ;~; I'm really hoping the last episode is perfect.
Sep 23, 2012 6:34 AM

Mar 2010
I'm really enjoying the crush that the guy is having on sawa.. and its gonna be nice hearing the song that wakana made.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 25, 2012 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
Nice episode! 4/5

Time for last episode~
Sep 25, 2012 4:44 PM

Oct 2010
razisgosu said:
Yumekichi11 said:
razisgosu said:
Yumekichi11 said:

The pianist she gives the music to is Ueno, she was never a bitch. She only ever supported Konatsu. When the bitchy girl shows up she calls her Hirohata-san. (Rewatched the scene to check)

I think she's experiencing some sort of inferiority complex towards Konatsu and her club. Despite the fact the choir club is so large, and has the VP as their teacher, they're still not putting in half the effort or getting results like Konatsu.
Yes but it goes back to her being tensed up, which she should do something about and did not. Hence not good IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 8, 2012 12:09 AM

Sep 2011
Aw man, last episode time! :(
Oct 15, 2012 7:45 AM

Aug 2010
Sawa. Sawa Sawa Sawa....Sawa? Sorry, got a bit sidetracked here.

Wien, what a bro. Chases criminals, stops arguments...he is my freaking hero. Actually, all these girls and guys are heroes. Who said singing is not an awesome super power? 5/5.
Oct 17, 2012 11:12 AM

Jan 2012
1 more episode T.T
i wanted more
Nov 25, 2012 6:44 PM

Jul 2012
Another good episode only one more :(
Jan 3, 2013 11:08 PM

Aug 2012
Keen to watch the last episode!
Mar 3, 2013 11:22 PM

Jan 2013
A bit of romantic drama would have made this anime more interesting to me.
At least hug Wien for working so hard.
Jul 7, 2013 9:30 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Wien sleeping at school. I was hoping Konatsu to have left her school coat over Wien when he stayed at night at school. Seriously that president what made the construction decision needs to be put in his place. So mad that he is ruining the school.

Jul 21, 2013 1:47 PM

Aug 2010
Taichi really has good taste. Sawa is just the perfect girl. She has the looks and the personality. Just wish this show had more romance.
Nov 13, 2013 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode I is very digestible, not because they granted, but for the fact of being so pleasantly realistic. Plot that brings into play the real friendship against the hypocrisy and indifference! WOW! ^ _ ^
I hate series of only thirteen episodes are so inconclusive! D:
The PA Works is my favorite from now on as a house of entertainment regarding the scenarios! : love:
A point in favor of the narrative, because as Ligabue in his famous song: Women know ...! LOL
And as Peppino said in one of his famous film along with Totò: I said it all! ROTFL
Excited as ever to see the last episode! (:
Mar 26, 2014 12:56 AM
Feb 2009
Does anyone know what is the name of the song Wien sings to break up the fight in this episode ? I scourge their OSTs but I can't seem to find it.
Aug 2, 2014 10:40 PM

Apr 2012
I loved how he kept the photo for himself :D

Overall an episode with much feels. Only one episode left :o
Aug 4, 2014 12:44 PM
Aug 2013
The ost at the graveyard is nice :)
Sawa's family is wonderful
TEAMWORK! TEAMWORK! TEAMWORK!
Ahhhhh. VP Nao and Vocal Club finally rebounded back up. :)
Aug 7, 2014 11:41 PM

Jun 2011
Konatsu makes me go "ew" every time. Wien is bro. Pretty cool preparation too, finally, next week is the finale, and finally, next one is the last one, it's been pretty hard to get through one of these episodes.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 7, 2014 2:46 PM

Oct 2011
I tear up whenever there is a flashback of Mahiru and melody of the heart background music. Gets me every single time.
Jun 16, 2015 5:04 PM

May 2008
Damn! I wish I had such a friend like Wien :3 What a nice guy!
Sep 19, 2015 4:46 PM

May 2012
Well up to the last episode!
Nov 27, 2015 2:36 PM

Feb 2013
Somebody didn't want to share the good pic of Sawa...

One more to go... VP lady is gonna help them I bet.
Sep 26, 2018 2:44 PM

Dec 2012
It's pretty neat to see how the school is inadvertently coming together for this makeshift festival. I'm excited to see how it all turns out. It would be particularly nice if the choral club jumps in for an impromptu performance.
Dec 1, 2019 2:28 PM

Feb 2008
Honestly, actively working against the students holding a final cultural festival is much more likely to piss off the parents and alumni than letting it happen, and that's before considering community backlash and extremely negative PR that could easily blow up into a national scandal if the news cycle is slow enough and the right reporter takes an interest.
Apr 17, 2020 8:01 PM

Feb 2018
Look Sawa so cute xD...
Sep 3, 2022 1:47 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Despite the difficulties presented by the wealthy yakuza dude they still managed to prepare in time, immensely impressive. The vice president meanwhile seems to have opened her heart to the club and music as a whole again.
This reminds me a lot of Manabi Straight and LoveLive.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

122 by ronicaio »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

166 by Tuti_ »»
Feb 21, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

124 by Allycattt »»
Feb 18, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 23, 2012

269 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 2:16 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 9, 2012

115 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.