Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of 'Love Live!' Due in January 2013

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
 
#1
Sep 15, 2012 7:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4384
According to the official Twitter account, the TV anime of "Love Live! School Idol Project" was announced to be aired from the beginning of 2013.

Love Live! official website
Trailer

Source: Love Live Staff Twitter Account
Previous topic: Anime Series of 'Love Live! School Idol Project' Announced
Modified by Naruleach, Nov 26, 2012 2:49 AM
 
#2
Sep 15, 2012 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
more high school girls, whoop de doo
 
#3
Sep 15, 2012 7:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2187
Erm. The topic and message don't match. January means Winter season. So does it air in January or does it air in Spring season but earlier(March for example)
 
#4
Sep 15, 2012 7:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 24733
Sakurako Kimino's answer to Idolmaster, I want to watch to see how it turns out and the possible Shoujo-Ai.


 
#5
Sep 15, 2012 7:45 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 298
...so it's come to this, huh.. music, few girls.. I've heard this somewhere before. :D
Ahh, not sure yet. :)
 
#6
Sep 15, 2012 7:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 412
Ohh, cute girls + singing can never go wrong! :3
 
#7
Sep 15, 2012 7:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2187
At least performances could be much better than in Idolmaster and AKB0048 if Suntise made them the same as in music videos for Myu's
 
#8
Sep 15, 2012 7:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2025
Is it Spring or Winter? I'm guessing its Winter since its too early to announce Spring anime, but the first post is misleading...

Anyway, sounds good. More Idol stuff is always a good thing.

 
#9
Sep 15, 2012 7:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 108434
Another idol themed series.
 
Sep 15, 2012 7:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 487
4 of them have the same face and I can already tell that at least 5 of them have the same bland personality.
 
Sep 15, 2012 7:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2373
So another series like Idolmaster and AKB?
Really?!
I'm in :)
 
Sep 15, 2012 9:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3042
if this doesn't have sci-fi in it, I'm in.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
Sep 15, 2012 9:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1853
not this again. :(

 
Sep 15, 2012 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 506
More Idol anime, but...
xjakku said:
cute girls + singing can never go wrong! :3
 
Sep 15, 2012 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 24733
phoenixalia said:
if this doesn't have sci-fi in it, I'm in.


There is no Sci-Fi in Love Live, the music videos had none.


 
Sep 15, 2012 9:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 324
Finally!
 
Sep 15, 2012 9:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
The definition of "generic" and "typical."
 
Sep 15, 2012 9:54 AM
#1 Chihaya Fan

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5148
Will watch while I wait for AKB0048 season 2 and the inevitable iDOLM@STER season 2.
 
Sep 15, 2012 10:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 301
Dibbed the girl with the twintails

 
Sep 15, 2012 10:17 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 26
 
Sep 15, 2012 10:27 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2174
Didn't think it was any good looking cause when I hear 'girl idol' I kinda cringe...

However, watching the preview..the music sounds..not half bad. Might give it a try.
 
Sep 15, 2012 10:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10062
I'll pass.
 
Sep 15, 2012 10:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2493
So, is idol theme the trend for 2010's anime? If yes, I might just shoot myself.
 
Sep 15, 2012 11:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2025
taterhead said:
So, is idol theme the trend for 2010's anime? If yes, I might just shoot myself.


Well Idolmaster was a massive hit, not only from BD sales, but also CD sales. Its not surprising to see others trying to replicate its success. It could be another K-On in terms of spawning many clones.

 
Sep 15, 2012 11:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7802
Everyone get your beat on!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Sep 15, 2012 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 479
The visual backgrounds look stunning but the anime itself I'm not interested in.
 
Sep 15, 2012 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3339
i don't think that i'm gonna be watching it
 
Sep 15, 2012 11:49 AM
Kanade♥

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 9779
Stark700 said:
Another idol themed series.

DraconisMarch said:
The definition of "generic" and "typical."


Sums up a Nope.avi for putting this on my list.
 
Sep 15, 2012 12:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 20
Huh... Usually, there's at least one girl's design I love when it comes to these types of anime, but no one's really stands out here. Sonoda Umi looks kind of nice, but given that girls with similar long blue hair and brown eyes are a dime a dozen, I don't feel like giving the designer(s) too much praise.
At least most of the stage costumes look interesting.

I'm pretty sure I'll be passing on this one though, unless it turns out to be amazing.
 
Sep 15, 2012 12:47 PM
Mahou Shoujo

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3161
yay~
pm me for my psn
 
Sep 15, 2012 2:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 489
Looks Nice, I'm In
xjakku said:
Ohh, cute girls + singing can never go wrong! :3
 
Sep 15, 2012 3:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3121
Idol again? Will watch :D
 
Sep 15, 2012 3:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 167
Awww :3
 
Sep 15, 2012 4:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
KayChan4U said:
Didn't think it was any good looking cause when I hear 'girl idol' I kinda cringe...

However, watching the preview..the music sounds..not half bad. Might give it a try.


But you're a fan of UtaPri, why would you "cringe"?

Anyways, might not watch this.
 
Sep 15, 2012 4:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 23
Wow,this looks...totally not promising..
 
Sep 15, 2012 5:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27
Downgrade355 said:
KayChan4U said:
Didn't think it was any good looking cause when I hear 'girl idol' I kinda cringe...

However, watching the preview..the music sounds..not half bad. Might give it a try.


But you're a fan of UtaPri, why would you "cringe"?


UtaPri is female composer with male idols. It had almost nothing to do with "girl idols".
 
Sep 15, 2012 5:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 65248
Well their videos were good so I'd probably watch this.
 
Sep 15, 2012 6:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
LeopardTheGreat said:

UtaPri is female composer with male idols. It had almost nothing to do with "girl idols".


In other words, double standards.
Modified by Downgrade355, Sep 15, 2012 6:08 PM
 
Sep 15, 2012 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5624
Will watch this for the cute girls singing and dancing.

But the CGs...ugh!
 
Sep 15, 2012 6:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1134
Just no.
 
Sep 15, 2012 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 831
I've been waiting for this :3
 
Sep 15, 2012 8:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5206
More otaku pandering? Count me in. I love to be overly harsh on cute girl shows!
 
Sep 15, 2012 10:18 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27
Downgrade355 said:
LeopardTheGreat said:

UtaPri is female composer with male idols. It had almost nothing to do with "girl idols".


In other words, double standards.


The focus lies on the female composer in UtaPri, whereas Love Live will probably focus on the idol aspect. UtaPri also had the added aspect of a reverse harem with an appeal of bishounen. The way male idols appeal to their audience also varies greatly from how female idols appeal to their audience. These factors are among many that can change the patterns and feel of UtaPri when comparing it to an idol anime with a largely female cast such as "Love Live! School Idol Project".

I may have enjoyed Idolm@ster, but I'm not sure if I want to watch this.
 
Sep 15, 2012 10:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
LeopardTheGreat said:

The focus lies on the female composer in UtaPri, whereas Love Live will probably focus on the idol aspect. UtaPri also had the added aspect of a reverse harem with an appeal of bishounen. The way male idols appeal to their audience also varies greatly from how female idols appeal to their audience. These factors are among many that can change the patterns and feel of UtaPri when comparing it to an idol anime with a largely female cast such as "Love Live! School Idol Project".

I may have enjoyed Idolm@ster, but I'm not sure if I want to watch this.


Uhh, what does that have to do with The comment being a double standard?
i apologize for any misunderstanding, but i don't remember asking what UtaPri is about as i'm very aware of the contents and who it caters to.
 
Sep 15, 2012 11:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27
Downgrade355 said:

Uhh, what does that have to do with The comment being a double standard?
i apologize for any misunderstanding, but i don't remember asking what UtaPri is about as i'm very aware of the contents and who it caters to.


It was a long-winded way of explaining why it isn't a double standard.
 
Sep 16, 2012 1:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
LeopardTheGreat said:

It was a long-winded way of explaining why it isn't a double standard.


I don't think giving the Sypnosis of the anime "explains why it isn't a double standard", Because it is, If i were an Idolm@ster fanboy, which is full of girl idols, then went to a topic about UtaPri and said "i cringe at male idols", that would be a double standard, and it applies if the situation were reversed, so yes, It is a double standard.
 
Sep 16, 2012 1:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27
Downgrade355 said:
I don't think giving the Sypnosis of the anime "explains why it isn't a double standard", Because it is, If i were an Idolm@ster fanboy, which is full of girl idols, then went to a topic about UtaPri and said "i cringe at male idols", that would be a double standard, and it applies if the situation were reversed, so yes, It is a double standard.


I disagree. If what I posted was a synopsis, then it was one of the worst synopses I have ever seen. You're saying if one loves female idols then one must like male idols as well, or else it's a double standard? Okay then.

I'm not going to continue this conversation on this thread though. Feel free to continue explaining in messages, if this conversation is really that important~
Modified by LeopardTheGreat, Sep 16, 2012 1:58 AM
 
Sep 16, 2012 2:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
LeopardTheGreat said:

I disagree. If what I posted was a synopsis, then it was one of the worst synopses I have ever seen. You're saying if one loves female idols then one must like male idols as well, or else it's a double standard? Okay then.

I'm not going to continue this conversation on this thread though. Feel free to continue explaining in messages, if this conversation is really that important~


No, Liking male idols and not liking female idols is not a double standard, but liking male idols and "cringing" at female idols is a double standard.

If you feel that this conversation isn't important then i wonder why did you bring it up in the first place.
 
Sep 16, 2012 9:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 892
I might try it, not my sort of thing though really.
I'll give iDOLM@STER a go first.
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
 
Sep 16, 2012 4:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27
Downgrade355 said:

If you feel that this conversation isn't important then i wonder why did you bring it up in the first place.


But you brough-... just nevermind.

On second thought if this is developed well I might in fact enjoy this. Since it's been boosted by fan support and might have a higher concentration of school than previous idol anime have had, it might bring something interesting to the table.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »