9.4%
Natural(No make-up)!
54.3%
Both
31.4%
Not sure..
4.9%
678 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2007 8:43 AM

Jul 2007
I've never heard "Quit Fkn Talking."
Sep 19, 2007 8:44 AM

Apr 2007
Although I don't wear make-up (except on special occasions or whenever I feel like wearing it), I like them both.

I'm a makeup addict! I have tons of them, too many to count. ^_^

Current Avatar: Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke
Sep 19, 2007 8:47 AM

Aug 2006
url_elf said:
I've never heard "Quit Fkn Talking."

qft~

**snicker** Yeah, neither have I, but then again, I'm often out of the "webspeak" know.
Sep 19, 2007 8:52 AM

Sep 2007
least you guys know sumthing, i have never
heard of qft. >.>
Sep 19, 2007 8:56 AM

Jul 2007
Clowns are my friends... except at night.

So I voted both :o
Sep 19, 2007 10:56 AM
Jul 2007
i've never heard of "quit fkin talking", that's usually just STFU....
Sep 19, 2007 11:24 AM
Jun 2007
QFT sounds werid STFU sounds better
Sep 19, 2007 3:09 PM

Sep 2007
i agree Raja, or OMG WTF BBQ SAUCE WAFFLE CHOPTER. thats how you shut people up. :D and

asandari said:
Clowns are my friends... except at night.

So I voted both :o

ROFL XD!
Sep 19, 2007 3:14 PM

Sep 2007
I use QFT as "quoted for truth" oO
Sep 19, 2007 8:12 PM

Jul 2006
Doesn't really matter to me as long as they don't look like a clown, unless that's their job.

Sep 19, 2007 8:36 PM

May 2007
I said makeup ... though I don't really wear much of it ever. -shrug- I do wear eyeliner, though. I don't like it when people spend a lot of time fussing over their makeup though. Like some of my friends take AGES to get ready and it's really quite annoying. ;; Especially if we're going to the movies or something lol. Like ... it's DARK. No one's going to see you. ;;
Sep 19, 2007 10:43 PM

Jun 2007
You people are crazy. :P Guess that's why I like it here.

konakona said:
Especially if we're going to the movies or something lol. Like ... it's DARK. No one's going to see you. ;;
Now that's just sad. o_O;

Tasura said:
Doesn't really matter to me as long as they don't look like a clown, unless that's their job.
QFT!! ^_~ (Actually, I never heard qft before either, but now that I have, I prefer the first meaning.)
Sep 20, 2007 3:18 AM
Sep 20, 2007 7:57 AM

Aug 2007
I dont like it when girls wear it that much. Looks better without mostly.
Jan 19, 2008 4:04 AM

Mar 2007
[Rani casts revival spell]

MAKE UP FTFW!!!

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jan 19, 2008 10:15 AM

Oct 2007
the only makeup i use is eyeliner and foundation. i mainly use it when i go out and such. sometimes ill put eyeliner on and then go to classes. but usually not. and i only use foundation when my face breaks out XD
Jan 19, 2008 11:24 AM
Aug 2007
Ranivus said:
[Rani casts revival spell]

MAKE UP FTFW!!!

Oh, I wonder why...'cause you know I love makeup.

Errr I probably shouldn't post here, even though this is an old thread, I already know I'm going to rant or something. so yeah, after reading through this whole thread, I find funny how a lot of the guys perceive makeup. I know so many guys who prefer the natural look, but end up dating girls who pile on the makeup. I have these two friends in particular, and after they started dating, he asked her to stop wearing makeup. so she did! It was silly! that's how a lot of guys are though, i've had guys ask me to stop wearing makeup but too bad, you gotta accept it or scram. yeah, I love makeup, it's a part of my every day life. I also I spend about $100 on makeup at least once a week 'cause my mom rather me spend all my money on makeup vs. ALCOHOL AND DRUGS. SO DEAL. after listening to so many people suggesting that I should become a beautician, I sat down and really thought about it. now i'm in the midst of applying at the School of Makeup Art, and hopefully will be working in the fashion/media/television industry sometime near my future.

I think makeup is wonderfulllllllllllllllllll and fun, and if a person knows how to apply it correctly - they can enhance certain features and define their look. aw, poorly applied makeup. I wish I could randomly go up to many women I see on the streets and give them makeup tips!!! And I read in this thread that some girls here don't like to wear makeup because it's too time consuming, but here is one makeup fact you should know!! a little bit of mascara never did any wrong! seriously. it honestly makes such a BIG difference and only takes one minute to apply, is that really so time consuming?! it makes your eyes pop and look even more beautiful than they already were! no matter what, I never leave the house without it - I suggest L'oreal voluminous mascara $8, cheap!!!

LOL at someone saying earlier in this thread that REAL makeup only takes about 5 minutes to apply, and that is only if you're ''slow''... I wear this so called "real" makeup and I've had many times where it's taken me about 1/2 hours to apply. It's just the matter of how much you're applying and how precisely you're doing it. Eyes alone can take up to an hour do prefect, you don't just slop on eyeshadow onto an eyelid as many women unfortunately do =( mixing and blending colours do take time! I have a makeup routine and it roughly takes me about an hour or so to get down, but I can in fact apply make up under 10 minutes! I don't see any harm in makeup whatsoever. for me, it's another way to express myself and is great for creative outlets...call me shallow and vain if you all insist, I don't care. I truly have fun with it.

OH OH OH AND SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT FAT GIRLS AND MAKEUP!? and how they shouldn't wear it?! yeah that person should die in a fire. any woman can wear makeup if she damn well pleases - fat, skinny, average, black, white, mother, sister, grandma - WHO GIVES A SHIT. if it makes them feel good then so be it. they don't need twerps like you taking that away from them.

um yeah end. no one better hate on my post too or i'll bust a cap =)
wtfyourfaceJan 19, 2008 11:53 AM
Jan 19, 2008 11:53 AM

May 2005
Everything in moderation. Make-up can be good if it's apply correctly and help people accentuate their physical features. Not everyone is born with a perfect face and perfect skin and people should be able to use make-up if they want--if only it is because it will make themselves feel good. To say we all should stick with our natural beauty--what we've been given, it's a shaky logic. Really if we all believe/follow that logic then many people wouldn't bother to use sunscreen, lotion, shampoo, over even exercise for that matter. My point? Most people aren't really "natural" as they might seem.

And so what, if "fat people" want to wear make-up? So what, if wearing make-up will not help better their physical appearances? It's their prerogative. I know of many idiots in the past that like to talk, even though talking will not increase their brain cells.
Jan 19, 2008 12:41 PM

Jan 2008
I laugh at the girls who wear so much make-up the front of their face is orange and you can see where the orange stops, and the natural skin colour begins around the edges.

Having said that, make-up is simply another way of extending your character, and this question means little to my life at all (apart from the laughs i have some times)
Jan 19, 2008 1:57 PM

Nov 2007
Make-up is stupid, and I will always hate it. It never has a positive effect. Not that I've seen anyway.

Also, I couldn't bring myself to read all of wtfyourface's big dumb post, but nice 'I BUY MAKEUP SO I DONT HAVE TO BUY DRUGS AND ALCOHOL' angle. At $100 a week, I'd say that's not any better. I only have about half that a week to waste, but there are plenty of other things to spend money on.

Also known as Monster in a box, but I hate that handle...and it doesn't fit here.
Jan 19, 2008 2:04 PM
Aug 2007
Lol, my post wasn't dumb, just the truth.
Jan 19, 2008 2:06 PM

Mar 2007
Hmmmm I don't wear makeup, it's a waste of time and money ^_^.
Jan 19, 2008 2:09 PM

Nov 2007
Devdan said:
Make-up is stupid, and I will always hate it. It never has a positive effect. Not that I've seen anyway.

Also, I couldn't bring myself to read all of wtfyourface's big dumb post, but nice 'I BUY MAKEUP SO I DONT HAVE TO BUY DRUGS AND ALCOHOL' angle. At $100 a week, I'd say that's not any better. I only have about half that a week to waste, but there are plenty of other things to spend money on.

I actually read her whole post and I would say she has good points in there. She presents both sides of the argument and she gives reasons why she supports make-up. Don't go around saying how she has a "big dumb post" when you passed it off as TL;DR. Seriously, just makes you look stupid.

That being said, I generally prefer a girl without make-up or if she only applies a little. Whenever I see a girl with eyeshadow that's practically plastered all around their eyes it just makes me uncomfortable. It doesn't help when I know the girl would look pretty nice without it....
Jan 19, 2008 2:10 PM

Nov 2007
wtfyourface said:

Ok, I read the rest of it. Make-up continues to be dumb. You honestly don't think spending over an hour applying makeup is a waste of time? This is why women get so little respect, really.

[edit] Wait, maybe I misread that. Your posts are about as difficult to read as mine. Let's just agree to disagree, I'm no longer in the mood to argue about this...

Also known as Monster in a box, but I hate that handle...and it doesn't fit here.
Jan 19, 2008 2:53 PM

Jan 2008
Devdan said:

Ok, I read the rest of it. Make-up continues to be dumb. You honestly don't think spending over an hour applying makeup is a waste of time? This is why women get so little respect, really.

Not everyone who uses make-up spends 1 hour applying it. Wearing make-up has no effect on the respect you get.

Its not nice to stereotype people Devdan :P
Jan 19, 2008 3:50 PM

Nov 2007
I always wear at least a bit of foundation, powder, and lip gloss whenever I leave the house.
Jan 19, 2008 6:33 PM

Jul 2007
I prefer a natural look usually, however some cover up, foundation and beauty products for the skin always come in handy when needed for a girl i would think. I dont like hooker/gothic/crazy color make up on girls at all tho. just anything that brings out natural beauty and glow.

i think saying that using any make up is bad is kinda eh, because you know sometimes you cant help the genes that you get or if you have oily skin or anything like that, and girls shouldnt be prevented or feel bad about using something that can help cover it up until it goes away.

i think you should always try to look your best for certain occasions, however while always maintaining a certain level of appearance and hygiene 24/7. for girls i think make up is nice for those times when ur trying to look ur best, or when you want to cover up something that doesnt show ur true beauty.

Jan 19, 2008 10:45 PM

Jun 2007
I chose natural. I only use face powder and clear lip balm and that's it. I try to keep in mind that real beauty doesn't need a lot of effort.
^_^
Jan 19, 2008 11:04 PM

Jan 2008
id rather go natural....many girls at my school {and many girls everywhere} apply way too much make-up, and it makes them look completely fake. make-up can dramatically change what u look like, although most girls dont realize it... but whenever i see my friends who usually wear make-up without it, they look like completely different ppl.... i voted both tho, becuz u can still wear make-up with out it looking trashy or caked-on, by just putting on a little bit to enhance the beauty thats already there.
Jan 19, 2008 11:21 PM

Apr 2007
Devdan said:

Devdan said:
wtfyourface said:

[edit] Wait, maybe I misread that. Your posts are about as difficult to read as mine. Let's just agree to disagree, I'm no longer in the mood to argue about this...

lol @ make-up being a waste of time and money, who cares? No one cares that you "waste" your time sitting around watching anime, and probably spend money on it. A lot of people out there would think your wasting your time and money too.
She loses respect because she enjoys spending her time and money on make-up? I guess people should lose respect for you because you enjoy watching anime.

MistaNightJan 19, 2008 11:57 PM
Jan 19, 2008 11:49 PM

Feb 2007
I don't always wear make-up because usually I'm too lazy to put it on that day, but I sometimes wear it. I think that if the person puts it on a little bit and you can't tell then that's fine. But if the person has it slathered on or it doesn't match their skin color , then I feel like slapping them and telling them to go take a look in the mirror.
Jan 19, 2008 11:52 PM
Nov 2007
I use mascara and eyeliner every day. The thing is, my eyes are my best feature (imo) so if I draw attention to them, all the better.

Sometimes, I wear eyeshadow that matches my make-up or mood. If it's a special occasion I take longer to get ready and also spend more time on make-up - 10 mins or so. Usually, I spend like, 1-2 mins on it.

What I do think is very important is that make-up is supposed to enhance natural beauty, not distort your face. I don't like it when girls plaster their faces with foundation they're not tan enough for. Also, if you don't care of your skin and use oily cover-up, your pimples will still be visible as bumps...and foundation only makes it worse.

Hygiene and good health comes before make-up, but there is nothing wrong with make-up itself. I just wouldn't spend a lot of time or money on it, but if someone does, that's their choice.
Jan 20, 2008 12:07 AM

Jul 2007
Nikhera said:

Hygiene and good health comes before make-up, but there is nothing wrong with make-up itself. I just wouldn't spend a lot of time or money on it, but if someone does, that's their choice.

i really agree with that wholeheartedly. i myself prefer just natural beauty enhancing make up on girls, however you cant tell someone using make-up is stupid. as long as its not harmful or addictive, anything that makes someone feel more secure is usually a good thing.

however, i do believe that make-up shouldn't be used to hid yourself. if a girl is using it for like covering up acne or anything like that, its simply a temporary solution. solving the actual problem thru treatment and other products, but using make-up along the way as an aid? i cant see anything wrong with that at all.

Jan 20, 2008 1:31 AM

Nov 2007
When I'm done watching anime, it's still there. And I don't watch anime to impress others. The whole point of makeup is to make other people think you look better than you do. I happen to think it makes you look worse, but for some reason I'm in the vast minority.

Jan 20, 2008 2:30 AM

Dec 2007
MistaNight said:
Devdan said:

Devdan said:
wtfyourface said:

lol @ make-up being a waste of time and money, who cares? No one cares that you "waste" your time sitting around watching anime, and probably spend money on it. A lot of people out there would think your wasting your time and money too.
She loses respect because she enjoys spending her time and money on make-up? I guess people should lose respect for you because you enjoy watching anime.

You missed face's entire point there. They lose respect for their insecure feelings towards others. The feeling they need to look better than others. Anime is considered entertainment, so you don't waste money on it, you spend money on it. Make-up is considered.... i have no idea. Younger people usualy buy it because they feel the urge to make themself look perfect compared to others.

I understand it's sometimes necessary or a temporary solution. But those people photoshopping their face in front of the mirror everyday don't get my respect either.

(As for the 'who cares?' argument: I think this was the topic's subject so i pretty much think it's rightful for him to post his opinion here.)
Jan 20, 2008 5:40 AM
Nov 2007
I don't really notice it that much... Although its sometimes nice for a girl to have just a bit on whenever they want to look extra good. But i don't judge them on it And as long as someone does it for her pleasure, (Or his pleasure if they feel like it) then who am i to judge about them?

But yeah I'm shaving too to not have a beard. And i guess thats to look better too to a certain degree. So yeah i guess its all about moderation...
LofocJan 20, 2008 5:46 AM
Jan 20, 2008 5:42 AM

Jul 2007
For me, extra preppy girls put on extra heavy make-up, probably the reason why I don't really like make-up. But now, I'm beginning to like lip gloss and eyeliner. =D

Jan 20, 2008 12:04 PM

Jul 2007
Purin said:
For me, extra preppy girls put on extra heavy make-up, probably the reason why I don't really like make-up. But now, I'm beginning to like lip gloss and eyeliner. =D

woah woah, no need to throw around the term preppy girls like that in this day in age. its not the 90s anymore, there shouldnt be those stereotype social groups like there were in the movies =p

Jan 20, 2008 12:38 PM

Sep 2007
Well I voted not sure, as i hardly ever wear make up, and it never turns out well when i put it on, i wear it occasionally if me and my friends are going out for a meal, but i get them to do it for me.
I own about £5 of make up altogether.
Whereas i know alot of girls who spend almost all of there money on it.
Besides i only get £10 a month off mum.

I claimed Kasumi (Misty) (by Vertago)

(made by AngelLily)
Jan 20, 2008 3:30 PM

Oct 2007
i dont like wearing makeup myself, but its up to other girls whether or not they want to wear it.

i think all females should be proud of what features they have, and they should not try to hide what they really look like.
makeup is good for enhancing features, or for making you look dressier when need be, but its not a necessity of life. i dont see the point in people wearing a lot of it everyday. even if it might look good, when the girl doesnt wear makeup for one day, many ppl cant help but think... "ew, thats what she really looks like."

it also depends on what kind of makeup.
if its just concealer or something to hide blemishes, i think its fine. if a girl puts on concealers to hide pimples, theres nothing at all wrong with that, although the makeup will just continue to clog the pores...

im just saying... be happy with what you are born with. wear makeup if you want to, but be careful on how much you rely on it for your look.
Jan 20, 2008 7:57 PM
Nov 2007
Frequencity said:
woah woah, no need to throw around the term preppy girls like that in this day in age. its not the 90s anymore, there shouldnt be those stereotype social groups like there were in the movies =p

Yeah but...there are. o.o Honestly, in my school, the girls on the cheerleading team are dating the guys from the football team. All of them always hang out in the same hallway. I don't walk through that hallway anymore, because the guys always tackle each other to impress the girls. It's twisted and sick. XP Not to mention, a good deal of those girls are in my classes and while everyone else is taking notes, I can look behind me and they're applying make-up, when they already have too much on. It saddens me. :< (Not to mention, they always roll up their uniform skirts way too high. DO NOT WANT fanservice :x)

We also have a population of quasi-gangstas, most of them who happen to be latino. I have stereotyping but most of them wear excessive make-up as well, and I always see the applying more, especially on the bus, on the way home, even.

Devdan said:
The whole point of makeup is to make other people think you look better than you do.

Not always though. :x It's hard for me to care what strangers think of me. XD;; Beauty is subjective, anyway. I just like being able to look in the mirror and say, "Hey, I look nice!" It boosts my ego, but I'm not trying to fool anyone but myself.
Jan 20, 2008 8:22 PM

Nov 2007
As a guy, I find make-up on girls to be a bit of a turn-off. I get especially annoyed when little girls put it on. I mean, they're in too much a hurry to grow up. =/
Natural is best~
Jan 20, 2008 9:30 PM
Nov 2007
eye liners not bad tho..
rawrr~
Jan 21, 2008 6:00 AM

Jan 2008
I don't wear make-up. I like it natural and simple.
Jan 21, 2008 8:01 PM

Jul 2007
Nice to see this thread come back from the dead. XD

Well, I still wear make up. I still think it's alright when used to subtly enhance natural beauty and not to completely cover/transform your actual face (unless you're going on stage). Although I think the new foundation I'm using is causing a few pimples, which I don't like. D: Eyeliner is proving a bit of a challenge to master in both smooth application (it's never gotten out-of-hand thick, just not as subtle as I'd prefer) and in that sometimes it causes some irritation.

I have to say that I disagree that makeup is to trick people into thinking you look better than you really do. I look like what I look like regardless of some powder or gloss - my body is still my body, my hair is still my hair, my face is still my face, regardless of what covers them. It looks like what it is, something make up can't hide. I think we all know what happens when girls try to hard to alter their appearance using makeup.
Jan 21, 2008 8:08 PM

Dec 2007
doesnt matter that much to me. Natural is usually better
Jan 23, 2008 3:58 AM

Mar 2007
im gonna say like i said before:

Make up is art. the girls face is her canvas. Only a true 'artist' can make that makeup look really good. I've seen my share of good makeup (ex-gf's) and i've seen my share of horrible makeup (cheerleaders and girls under 18) its all depends on the woman and her artistic ability. Kayla's (wtfface) real good w/ the make up. If u cant respect that than just keep staying a virgin. Cause its a fact of life most girls use it some horribly some flawlessly, For the most part, you're not gonna care if she has it or not if she's your girlfriend. Allthough i would point out if the girl uses excess of anything makeup perfume or whatnot... Hell even those stupid sparkle bullsht that gets all over your car... now thats something to bitch about. ;)

Also if u still dont like makeup face it youre going to have to, everyone on tv uses it, girls ALWAYS use it in special occasions. They may not use it everyday but ALL GIRLS use it no matter how ugly and old they are. ULTIMATELY If it makes them feel beautiful then who are we to tell them not to wear that shat?? We can try to give them advice but unless u wanna sleep on the couch you'd keep your trap shut.

Whats wrong with having a girl cover a pimple, scar, or mustache, if they want to cover it up let them, its not like we live in a 3rd world country.
RanivusJan 23, 2008 4:06 AM

Jan 23, 2008 8:25 PM

May 2007
I prefer girls with their natural beauty.

In my preferences, if a girl can *accentuate* her natural beauty with make-up, then its fine. But using make-up for the sole reason of making yourself look pretty and as a result, using far too much of it...I usually can't stand that.
Jan 23, 2008 8:58 PM

Jan 2008
I voted both because both can be good

but i prefer a girl who is natural
UPDATE
Jan 24, 2008 2:52 AM

Mar 2007
well next time you get a girlfriend or (if u have one already) put a picture of them up here WITH NO MAKEUP and let us see if they need makeup or not :)

let the masses decide :)

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.