Forum Settings
Forums
New
Should AA have Monthly Contests?
Sep 14, 2012 1:03 AM

Sep 2011
Monthly Contests, YES or NO?

We've already had 3 contests so far & right now we have over 2000+ members. So to get the club more active & have more things going on, should we hold contests on a monthly basis?

Contests include: Banner, Poster, Art ..etc

& if you believe that we should have monthly contests, give us ideas of other types of contests we can hold. Your input is greatly appreciated:)

AA
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 14, 2012 1:00 PM
Jan 2012
Yeah i think we should have monthly contests. I don't know any other club that has contests on such a big scale. So having different types of them every month would actually be very interesting.

You can start the registration on the 1st and then voting from the 15th. and just have that cycle repeat. There are soo many themes if you just choose banner contest. But like how SquChan said, you can have DP, Art and signatures type of contests.

BUT DEFINITE YES FOR MONTHLY CONTESTS!
Sep 14, 2012 2:18 PM

Sep 2011
SquChan said:
Definetely yes. I think banner contest seem to be rather popular at least here, so making some in the future would be great. Also the other things can be repeated no? Poster and Art/Drawing I mean. As for new contests.. well I'm not sure about signature contests, since there are already two official contest/challenge here at MAL, but since it will be randomly and not monthly always signature contest, I guess it should be ok? Dunno, you decide anyways. Same goes for avatar contest. And I always wondered about DP contest, why there isn't one, but also if it makes sense. Maybe only if DP is made for the contest only. :/ That were my ideas, not sure if it was helpful lol, but since I like contests, I wanted to say something.

Yeah, I'm going to continue with the banner contest & just having different & most interesting themes.

We might have signature contests later but like you said there are already stuff like that going on. & contests like 'Card Contests' I'm not really interested in that stuff for our club.

We will hopefully do DP contests as well & we still have to introduce the Art/Drawing competition in the near future.

& Your input was great, it really helps.
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Sep 14, 2012 2:20 PM

Sep 2011
MarilynMonroe said:
Yeah i think we should have monthly contests. I don't know any other club that has contests on such a big scale. So having different types of them every month would actually be very interesting.

You can start the registration on the 1st and then voting from the 15th. and just have that cycle repeat. There are soo many themes if you just choose banner contest. But like how SquChan said, you can have DP, Art and signatures type of contests.

BUT DEFINITE YES FOR MONTHLY CONTESTS!

Yup, I was wondering about the same thing. We should just make this club more for contests since it's not really a discussion club so why not contests. There really aren't that many active contests club other than the Official MAL ones. Plus we got a very good result in the voting & what not.

I think we should go for it. The next tournament will be held in the beginning of October & then we will keep up with that trend.
Sep 15, 2012 9:29 AM

May 2011
Sounds fun!
Sep 16, 2012 11:44 AM

Dec 2011
This is a very general suggestion, but I think participation for the contests could increase significantly if a contest was created that didn't require a particular set of technical skills. For example, Sig/Banner/DP contests are limited to those who at least have some idea of how to edit images.
As for an actual contest concept that wouldn't require technical skills, good luck with that. ^^
Other than that, I think monthly contests would be awesome!
Sep 16, 2012 10:40 PM
Jan 2012
DarChronicle said:
This is a very general suggestion, but I think participation for the contests could increase significantly if a contest was created that didn't require a particular set of technical skills. For example, Sig/Banner/DP contests are limited to those who at least have some idea of how to edit images.
As for an actual contest concept that wouldn't require technical skills, good luck with that. ^^
Other than that, I think monthly contests would be awesome!

So what contests do you have in mind that wouldn't require 'image/photo editing'? :) that would be good because then we could have more people joining in on the fun.
Sep 18, 2012 1:08 PM

Dec 2011
MarilynMonroe said:
So what contests do you have in mind that wouldn't require 'image/photo editing'? :) that would be good because then we could have more people joining in on the fun.

Well my point was something along the lines of occuring entirely creatively, that wouldn't need any work to be done. For example, (this one is a bit lame) "Make the best quote contest" where members have to make their own quote about a set subject. Or best couplet/joke/poem... you get the deal.
Better yet, a contest I have seen work very well is "Caption this Picture!" - where members make their own caption to a photo. There's also a wide assortment of screenshots/pictures you can use that could range from comedy to romance and more. A lot of funny and interesting stuff comes up, and everyone can participate very easily!
DarChronicleSep 18, 2012 1:13 PM
Oct 1, 2012 10:19 AM

Nov 2010
I say YES !!

Well just like it was said before, it's true that contest like avatars, banners and others can block a part of members if they don't know how to do them or what can they do... I think we should make something like 1st month a banner/avatars and the 2nd month a personnal drawing contest, the 3rd month why not something about photos or the Caption this picture like it was said by DarChronicle ? It could allow everyone to participate in the contest they are the most comfortable. Even if it means that some members could not participate in one or two contests well, it's not big deal, they can still vote and participate in the others one.

As for me, I will participate more often in banner contest than drawing contest (my skills with a pencil is not so good so...), but it won't block me. I can still vote for the drawing contest and others.
Oct 18, 2012 1:58 PM

Apr 2012
I think we should have a profile contest as well :3
Dec 6, 2012 5:40 PM

Dec 2009
Thebadmedic said:
I think we should have a profile contest as well :3

Nah, there's an official profile contest already, same with signature etc, but I think we'd better do smaller stuff.
Jul 7, 2013 12:59 PM
Jul 2013
I want to join this kind of contest :)))))
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Game: Count Up To 25,000! V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rayxtr - Jul 4, 2012

5208 by ZugarCupK »»
Oct 22, 2022 11:53 AM

» Game: Last Letter Anime! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

naturalbrawler - Jan 31, 2012

4902 by AkaiKiri »»
Jan 24, 2019 8:14 AM

» Game: Have you Watched it? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rayxtr - Jul 17, 2012

1283 by AkaiKiri »»
Jan 24, 2019 8:13 AM

» Game: Keep It or Drop It! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

naturalbrawler - Mar 4, 2012

1546 by Zettaiken »»
Feb 1, 2018 8:16 AM

» Introductions here! ^.^ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

naturalbrawler - Jan 14, 2012

313 by PolishLynx »»
May 12, 2016 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.