Forum Settings
Forums

What advice would you give to your younger self?

New
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2012 1:33 AM

Mar 2012
Too many regrets to mention, however I wouldn't say anything to my younger self.

Because I'm happy with the person I turned out to be.

Plus my younger self would be young.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 15, 2012 2:38 AM

Aug 2012
To take up something interesting earlier. Such as an instrument.
Sep 15, 2012 2:51 AM

Jul 2012
Stop being such an needy little prick, you'll hate yourself for it later. Don't quit scouting just because no one goes to the meetings. you need to worry about to yourself more. Also try to take the flute back up. We both loved it and we still do but don't let the loneliness get to you. Don't freak out as much you'll just embarrass yourself and don't quit trying to find a job, try asking around for one. One more thing, don't you dare invest any of your time into thinking about Full Sail (Fool Sale), spend it reading Sword Art Online. You know how we are, how when we sort of like stuff or if your not sure you like it and end up loving it. It happened with Index so it will happen again. So don't fuck up past self.
"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

"Ninety percent of everything is crap." -Theodore Sturgeon
Sep 15, 2012 2:58 AM

Dec 2009
Do not spit the cop in the face.
Sep 15, 2012 3:10 AM

Aug 2011
To stop being lazy xD
Sep 15, 2012 8:06 AM
Apr 2009
The more you learn, the less you know.

Really wish I had figured this out earlier... although I suppose being told it would defeat the purpose.
Sep 15, 2012 8:27 AM

Mar 2012
Learn BJJ and stick to practicing guitar
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Sep 15, 2012 8:28 AM

May 2009
Don't be such a little brat.
Sep 15, 2012 8:56 AM

Oct 2009
Never quit, finish what you started. Because people would only see you as a result, not a progress.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 15, 2012 9:01 AM
Jun 2012
Nothing :)
Sep 15, 2012 9:35 AM
Aug 2012
I would say: "Give me an advice!" to my younger self.
Sep 15, 2012 9:41 AM

Mar 2011
"stop acting like such a little D**k and get a job "

done both those now = D
Sep 15, 2012 9:53 AM

Jun 2012
-Exactly which part of the book the teacher puts in the exams, so I wouldn't have to waste time reading what the teachers told me but weren't actually on the test.
-The date and time I'm going to run into each unexpected accident has so I can avoid all of them.
Sep 15, 2012 9:56 AM

Dec 2008
Quite a few people here telling their younger selves to stick with learning guitar. Never too late you know, and its one of the easier instruments to pick up.
Sep 15, 2012 10:01 AM
Jan 2012
Seriously, I would say just give up and let yourself die. It'll be more comfortable.
and before that might as well kill my brother.

I shouldn't have trusted people and held a lot of friends. back then I used to trust my friends and family more than anyone myself and even better than my own, I male friends easily. But looking at me now though I am alone and never got close to anyone even my parents else I had so much fun than I used to be. People easily change their mind, without much thought they can betray you for their pride, for what mostly people had interest with. And if the norm regards you not the same as them, you will be criticize and insulted for being different. Regardless of being friends of over 15 years, it does not matter. They will betray you if its much comfortable. Rant when you are not there when they want to but nevertheless care when you need them, some might be very nice but that's because they find you amusing and they are a bunch of people who just came for a reason, for whatever reason like being comforted, asking advice or easing their loneliness they are shitty people. After being used or if they find someone more amusing you'll be tossed in the spare seat. I truly regret being close to people back then. Having fought for some peoples Ideals. Fought in streets almost everyday like in some shitty shoujo anime for friends and idealists.

My parents are the same. They're just interested in their jobs and money. Always ranting about it. Stopped talking to them for a very long time. Whatever I do they will always find a loop hole and uses it saying how shitty I am. My adopted cousin is far more of a concern than me. My brother is as shit as well. It was hell in the house. I can't remember how many times I got raped, and physically and mentally abused.

The outside is full of rubbish and trash, my room is my world. No one would cares whatever I do here. My sanctum will never be touched not even my parents.
Even if they do come it is not much of a place that gives them a welcoming. Being alone now is far more convenient. The wired holds so many stuffs. My name is unknown and I've kept a number of names So it doesn't matter much what I write.
Never got bored with it and probably never will.
Sep 15, 2012 10:13 AM

Sep 2012
Don't wish to grow up so fast and cherish your childhood.
Sep 15, 2012 10:23 AM

Dec 2010
Hug or kiss, and do all cheesy stuffs with your parents cause when you grow older, everything will get awkward...
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Sep 15, 2012 11:24 AM

Sep 2008
When i look back at my life i always end up insulting myself, 'cause i made a lots of silly errors, absolutely too many. But it's true that make mistakes helps to learn and get better as person.

Substep said:

-The date and time I'm going to run into each unexpected accident has so I can avoid all of them.

I say this.
I'd give only an information (date and time) about an unpleasant and unexpected event that occurred a few months ago and radically changed my life. "Stay far!! or you will regret it, no doubt!" .
Sep 15, 2012 11:26 AM

Sep 2011
"Kill yourself dumbfuck"

and see if i do it.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 15, 2012 11:47 AM

Jun 2007
"Brush your teeth and watch that BO, retard!"
Sep 15, 2012 1:39 PM

Aug 2012
"Younger me, you should have asked ____ out. She actually likes you, but if you dont make a move you'll be friendzoned in three years. Don't turn out to be a loser like me."

and

"Younger me, whatever you do, do not click on that link to SourMath.com. Its a disgusting site. You're parents are about to enter the room and when they see the site you're on, they'll look at you in a different way forever. And no matter how hard you try to explain to them that it wasn't your fault, it doesn't matter. They'll always give you strange looks behind your back." );

and

"Younger me, don't give that motherf*cker any of your shit. He will never pay you back."
Sep 15, 2012 1:42 PM

Apr 2011
Dear younger-self,

Learn to stop giving a damn about other's opinions and learn to take control. Grow some balls.

P.S

I hate you.

(Seriously. If I had a time machine. I'd find my younger self and beat him to a pulp)
GloriousHawkSep 15, 2012 1:48 PM
Sep 15, 2012 2:05 PM

Feb 2011
"There's always worse, chin up"
Closer.
Sep 15, 2012 2:25 PM

Sep 2012
GloriousHawk said:

(Seriously. If I had a time machine. I'd find my younger self and beat him to a pulp)

Agreed.

I meant myself.
I have no desire to travel back in time to beat up your childhood self.
Unless asked.
Sep 15, 2012 3:23 PM

Apr 2012
Don't keep thinking you'll be a scientist. Your personality isn't cut out for it (too ideological), and you'll actually want to work with people more.

Anime isn't all kung fu, magical girls and giant robots.
Sep 15, 2012 6:14 PM

Apr 2009
Don't go out with internet losers/weirdos.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Sep 15, 2012 6:23 PM

Nov 2011
-I would say so many things but one of them would be to not fall asleep(or get distracted) in pratical lessons, because after that you won't know what you're doing and you have to learn at home;
-Don't be lazy to pratice drawing;
-Read more;
-Don't believe in some people and don't waste your time with them

Sep 15, 2012 6:30 PM

Jun 2012
xxangelchanxx said:
Don't go out with internet losers/weirdos.

oh god that was a good laugh
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Sep 15, 2012 8:27 PM

Nov 2011
Probably stop being so nice. I used to always do favors for people. I lost over 100 bucks from always "loaning" people money during my middle school years( I had a weekend job when I was 11).

Another would be to stand up for myself, even though my classmates weren't serious, they used to make jokes about me from time to time and I just laughed with them.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/profile/DarkAlastor">

Sep 15, 2012 9:23 PM

Mar 2009
Don't be friends with that bitch.
She's not worth your time.
Sep 15, 2012 9:25 PM

Dec 2010
Don't hang out with the bad crowds. Don't hang out with the good crowds either. Just be the neutral guy everyone knows and is acquainted with but never the guy who you invite to a party.

Fucking would've made life so much easier for me.

Sep 16, 2012 1:18 AM

Jul 2012
Don't go to Ravenholm
Sep 16, 2012 3:46 AM

Jun 2011
Hmm..

Don't throw dirt and stones at cars.
Don't pull a girl's hair.
Don't be a pervert.
Don't look under your mother's bed.
Don't throw the apple at the truck.
Don't sleep in the wardrobe.
Tell your friend not to jump on the water filled condom.
Level up to level 80 before fighting Sephiroth.
Mow the lawns or something.
When you're watching the Manaphy Pokemon movie, don't go into the hallway. Your brother is watching Hentai.
Hide all the knives in the house when playing Pokemon Leaf Green.
Don't let the cat out all the time.
Don't be a bitch.
Confess to the girl you like sooner than 5 years after primary school.
Don't swear as often.
Learn Japanese sooner.
Don't tease women, treat them kindly. Otherwise I'll steal a Delorean and kick your ass.
Learn Chinese sooner.
Learn how to fly.
Don't touch that dile.

That's about it.
PapaJosukeSep 16, 2012 4:13 AM
Playstation Network ID - Overlord-Takeshi
Please feel free to talk to me! I love making new friends with the same interests as me!
Sep 16, 2012 5:02 AM

May 2012
listen to my heart and not my head :/ :( </3
Sep 16, 2012 5:13 AM

May 2012
I'd tell him to stop paying attention in school earier because I'm not going to learn anything from the worthless education system anyway lol. I'd also tell him to be more careful about where he smokes so that he doesn't end up getting arrested lmao.

There's other things but these two in particular lead into a bunch of other mistakes so they're probably the biggest. Too bad there's no way to go back in time :(
Sep 16, 2012 6:15 AM

Jul 2010
Focus on Russian more.
Expand the variety of what you read, and reread the same books no more than twice. Focus on SF/Bayesian philosophy.
Read up on polyphasic sleeping.
Start using SRS.
Sep 16, 2012 7:17 AM

Dec 2008
I don't think that I would say/change anything, my mistakes is what have made me.
Sep 16, 2012 7:37 AM

Nov 2008
Date your best friend because she would end up without stable romantic relations in the future if you don't.

Sep 16, 2012 8:03 AM

Aug 2012
DO NOT I REPEAT, DO NOT go near that dreaded ANIME stuff. You're going to regret it. Please don't even get tempted to. Please.

btw, next week's winning lottery numbers are:

5, 17, 31, 6, 18, 7
Lebron James Sucks
Sep 16, 2012 9:32 AM

Aug 2011
Date my childhood friend. I kinda regret that now, since i saw her with another guy. =/
Sep 16, 2012 9:34 AM

Mar 2011
Think before you act.. gosh i really did not think = =
and study in school.. may be sad but really really true.. even though i got into what i want..
Sep 16, 2012 11:11 AM

Sep 2012
Keep running.
Sep 16, 2012 11:17 AM

Aug 2009
that girl you use to tease because she had buck teeth and was kinda chubby, well she actually likes you and she actually turns out to be a hottie so best get them digits while your still young fella....

...and masturbation makes you blind so stop it
Sep 16, 2012 11:20 AM
Jul 2012
TensaiShonen said:

best advice i've seen on this thread
Sep 16, 2012 11:21 AM

Jul 2011
Don't be stupid and open the door.
Sep 16, 2012 11:21 AM

Jun 2010
TensaiShonen said:

Then I must have a million eyes as I'm doing fairly dandy.
Sep 16, 2012 11:26 AM

Aug 2009
Hitchens said:
TensaiShonen said:

Then I must have a million eyes as I'm doing fairly dandy.

if ur fapping even though u have a gf, there's something wrong...hence the advice to past self
Sep 16, 2012 12:05 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, you should just rape her if she denies having sex on any given day.
Sep 16, 2012 12:12 PM

Feb 2010
kyrie_kyo said:
I don't think that I would say/change anything, my mistakes is what have made me.

Deep.
Sep 16, 2012 12:18 PM

Jul 2012
-Start learning piano
-Stop skulking and being lazy... It will just hit you hard
-Start watching anime... NOW! XD
O'Hai :D
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

26 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 9 hours ago

7 by TibetanJazz666 »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Yesterday

12 by Lightskynight »»
32 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - 4 hours ago

6 by LoveYourEyes »»
51 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 3 hours ago

6 by PostMahouShoujo »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.