Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2012 7:10 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
so,i see less people interested in this anime
well, it was like a filler again, nothing much happened.

panda wanted to be an apprentice,then gave up - like he used to
poor polar bear, but i see sasako wanted to learn by him :D

second part was better -
panda mama and squirrel making onigiri - i wonder who eat them at the end xD
meimei finally get around handa...well,he was not really interested x)
scavenge hunt - with the penkos xD poor penguin - but we finally know,who is penko san xD /he choose her first/

slooth and turtle's race was hilarious...
well,thats what i would mention,oh and i like sasako better without her scarf, but i already said it before :]

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2012 8:32 AM
Jul 2011
Second part was great
Sep 13, 2012 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
Eh? Miss Sasako is quitting? Which means the anime's almost over.
"Next week Polar Bear Cafe will be on the radio."
Actually, Polar Bear Cafe would make an interesting radio show.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Sep 13, 2012 1:45 PM

Dec 2009
xxxATiON said:

She quit being Shirokuma's apprentice, as the joke was Penguin's café mocha tasted different because she was being taught by Shirokuma.

Second part was hilarious. I was seriously surprised how fast this episode went.
Ara ara.
Sep 13, 2012 4:08 PM

Mar 2010
lol it was hilarious when penguin ran the three legged race with Polar bear, and things went way to fast :l

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 13, 2012 11:41 PM

Jun 2012
Decent episode, this show needs more Grizzly wherever they can put him in. His voice along with his attitude just crack me up every time.

First segment was pretty funny as well with Panda finding someone too lazy for him. Poor Handa though, coming to see Sasako perhaps? This episode satisfied my weekly Shirokuma Cafe fix which I can't say for every episode
Sep 14, 2012 4:52 AM

Feb 2011
I want to be Shirokuma-san's apprentice and learn the holy art of pun-making from him.
But the first half was rather boring for me. I don't like Panda-kun.

Second half was great though. Grizzly was awesome as always and there was a lot of Sasako-san. She's so lovely.

Sango_chan_desu said:

well, it was like a filler again, nothing much happened.

and once again I wonder, what exactly you consider to be a "filler" in this kind of anime.
Or rather, what wouldn't be "filler" here? There is no plot, whatsoever.
Sep 14, 2012 9:42 PM

May 2011
I always think that the way anteaters eat is some kind of amazing. And that creatures like baleen whales that have to eat a ton of tiny things is something I can't even imagine. Once again, no llama love. ;_; Made only slightly alright by how picky Panda was, so I guess I should say poor Handa and Polar Bear as well? Or maybe I should say lucky consider the way Panda is, lol. I don't imagine there would be anyone aside from Sloth who could top Panda's well, slothfulness.

Watching Panda's mum making the rice balls brings up another one of those silly questions for me. How does she do it without fur sticking in everything? I know that's a pointless question because they do things like serve food all the time but I can't help but wonder.

As for the racing, I was rooting for tortoise and sloth the entire time. They were clearly the most important winners. Although I suppose Polar Bear and Penguin did pretty well. xD;
Sep 15, 2012 6:23 AM

Mar 2011
Sloth and Turtle race is so hilarious!! XD
Sep 16, 2012 12:11 AM

Mar 2012
DoctorDoom said:
xxxATiON said:

She quit being Shirokuma's apprentice, as the joke was Penguin's café mocha tasted different because she was being taught by Shirokuma.

Second part was hilarious. I was seriously surprised how fast this episode went.

Oh I see. I was fooled. :P
Thank you for your explanation.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Sep 17, 2012 10:23 PM

Nov 2011
Guys, can you tell me of what fansub are you downloading this anime? In NyaaTorrents there are pure raws
Sep 18, 2012 1:39 PM
Sep 2009
Sukha said:
Guys, can you tell me of what fansub are you downloading this anime? In NyaaTorrents there are pure raws

No, HorribleSubs put their fansub there - search for "polar bear cafe" in "English translated anime" category.
Goh'Dan
Sep 20, 2012 7:52 PM
Aug 2007
I liked the subtle implication behind Sasako-san's apprenticeship, and the sports day was really fun to watch, especially when they had to cancel the seal and ant-eating contest. XD

I was wondering if anyone knows where the end credits with the puppets was shot? It looks like a nice place to visit!
Sep 20, 2012 8:35 PM
Aug 2007
hyakuiro said:

I was wondering if anyone knows where the end credits with the puppets was shot? It looks like a nice place to visit!

Nevermind, I found it - it's the Tsutenkaku tower at Osaka. :)
Feb 6, 2013 1:55 AM

Sep 2011
sports day was really funny xD
Nov 26, 2014 5:03 PM

May 2012
Fun sports day episode :p let's see what's next!
Apr 25, 2017 7:50 AM

Oct 2015
hyakuiro said:
I liked the subtle implication behind Sasako-san's apprenticeship, and the sports day was really fun to watch, especially when they had to cancel the seal and ant-eating contest. XD

I've eaten ants before but I don't think I could beat an anteater in an ant-eating contest.
Oct 6, 2017 6:32 PM

Jul 2009
Mm, OK episode, first part wasn't that interesting and I didn't like most of the second part either, but the sports day half at least had some funny moments like with Grizzly just picking up Panda and running XD Looks like we get some more Penguin focus next episode. Also that huge inflatable balloon thing in the preview is so cute :O
Feb 5, 2018 12:49 AM

Feb 2017
Kuchenlight said:
and once again I wonder, what exactly you consider to be a "filler" in this kind of anime.
Or rather, what wouldn't be "filler" here? There is no plot, whatsoever.
Something I've noticed is how they re-use jokes over multiple episodes. That might be considered filler content in this type of episodic show.
Feb 21, 2018 10:23 AM
Mar 2016
hyakuiro said:
hyakuiro said:

Nevermind, I found it - it's the Tsutenkaku tower at Osaka. :)

Cool. I was thinking about that too. Have you already been there? :-)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 10 Discussion

greenmush - Jun 7, 2012

27 by tingy »»
Mar 5, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 50 Discussion

HybridMBL - Mar 28, 2013

45 by nelcalb »»
Oct 27, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 7 Discussion

Eudaimonia - May 17, 2012

29 by tingy »»
Sep 27, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 5 Discussion

deex - May 3, 2012

29 by tingy »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 4 Discussion

gohdan - Jun 9, 2012

45 by tingy »»
Sep 24, 2023 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.