Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Aug 9, 2014 10:52 PM

Dec 2013
fst said:
You didn't feel sad during Grave of the Fireflies? I'm calling NATO to tell them that Hitler's been reincarnated.
been reincarnated and went back in time to have a baby with stalin
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2014 11:11 PM

Jun 2014
Kanon (2006), Air, Anohana, Nagi no Asukara(?), and Guilty Crown
Aug 9, 2014 11:38 PM
Aug 2014
lol AnoHana I laughed at some parts the only anime I have cried to was SAO because it was my first one and I loved it was amazing to me especially because I was watching at the same time I had stuffz going on in my life
Aug 9, 2014 11:57 PM

Aug 2013
Darthaxe said:
lol AnoHana I laughed at some parts the only anime I have cried to was SAO because it was my first one and I loved it was amazing to me especially because I was watching at the same time I had stuffz going on in my life

Yeah, it must have been hard for you to be trapped in a game, too :p

OT:
Angel Beast for me.
Aug 10, 2014 12:06 AM

Jan 2011
I've never cried over any form of entertainment. I'll find things sad but a part of me just can't cry knowing that it's fiction.
Aug 10, 2014 2:26 AM

Jun 2012
Air and Angel Beats. Angel Beats ending made me sad though. But Air delivered me nothing.
Aug 10, 2014 2:48 AM

Jan 2013
Every 'sad' anime you can think of.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Aug 10, 2014 3:27 AM

Feb 2014
5cm per second.

It was one of the most dissapointing anime.
Aug 10, 2014 3:32 AM

Aug 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
I've never cried over any form of entertainment. I'll find things sad but a part of me just can't cry knowing that it's fiction.
Aug 10, 2014 3:39 AM

Dec 2012
Hotarubi no Mori e - it was really sweet and touching, but it would have benefited more from a longer run time. It's hard to make any huge connection in 40 minutes unless the situation hits home asap.

Grave of the fireflies - this is a well put together movie and certainly invoked a great deal of thought and emotions, but based on all of the critically acclaimed warnings of tears running north like the Nile and filling Marianas Trench, the drama just didn't hit me that hard and it kind of irked me how melodramatic people who supposedly hate all other anime got over this when there's dozens of much more emotionally provoking stories out there that get dismissed by their ethnocentric "anime is for kids except Disney!"
Aug 10, 2014 3:46 AM

Sep 2013
HxH 2011 at the end of the chimera ants arc.
couldn't sympathize with him after hearing what he intended to do to mankind.
Aug 10, 2014 4:10 AM

Feb 2009
AnoHana.

Started out good, but around eps 4-5 it went to absolute crap. Not to mention all those plotholes were ridiculous. The ending needs no commentary. The whole show turned into a bad joke at the end at the shrine scene.
Aug 10, 2014 4:12 AM

Apr 2012
RLinksoul said:
I think you know my answer already, it's in your avatar and sig. "Madoka Magica"

Episode 10 in particular stands out because the fans are like "You WILL cry! I don't care who you are!" But when I watched it, it felt like it was trying so hard to be dark and angsty that it was off-putting. I even found myself laughing at one point.

Basically between the cast being so irritating and the show going so far to be dark, edgy and shocking, I was numb to the whole thing.

Cry? During Madoka? I think you mean having the most evil grin possible, laughing like a maniac while enjoying every second of those annoying bitches getting brutally slaughtered.
Aug 10, 2014 6:14 AM

Jun 2013
Anohana. I cried for all Key anime (except Air) but I just couldn't for Anohana. I just couldn't.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Aug 10, 2014 6:26 AM

Dec 2012
Angel Beats. Didn't care of any of the characters to even feel sad. I think Yurippe's backstory made me sad a little. Same for Clannad.
As for AnoHana,I didn't care much about any of them as well,but I'm not proud saying that the scene
made me cry little.
Oh,and in all Higurashi seasons
made me shed a tear,which I don't think it should've happen.
steponmebakuraAug 10, 2014 6:30 AM
Aug 10, 2014 6:34 AM
Apr 2008
I've completed over 1,100 shows and have never cried during any series, special or movie. I'm not that emotionally invested in anime to the point where the emotional reaction is to uncontrollably sob and eat copious amounts of ice cream.
Aug 10, 2014 6:50 AM

Apr 2014
Definetely Angel Beats!. The ending wasn't bad, didn't make me cry though.
At no part...

Clannad wasn't able to do that either so far (still working on AS).

爆ぜろリアル!
弾けろシナプス!
バニッシュメント・ディス・ワールド !

Aug 10, 2014 7:07 AM

Dec 2013
Probably AnoHana... I am the kind of person that cries when a show goes sentimental, but with AnoHana it didn't work... maybe I was not very attached with the characters or the plot itself...
Aug 10, 2014 7:38 AM

Jul 2014
Angel Beats. I only get boring with this show.
Aug 10, 2014 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
Clannad. Not AS. Oh wait...
Aug 10, 2014 10:34 AM

May 2013
Clannad I guess. I was stone the whole way through.
Aug 10, 2014 11:18 AM
Sep 2011
baki502 said:

Cry? During Madoka? I think you mean having the most evil grin possible, laughing like a maniac while enjoying every second of those annoying bitches getting brutally slaughtered.

You mean listening to them cry and act like they have ten foot sticks up their butts? Most of the time I just sat there with a blank expression on my face, waiting to see when the show would stop trying so hard. Enjoyment can't be found when the cast is either super frustrating, super dull or both.

For me laughing at a character's misery only work if the work itself is a comedy and the character suffering did something to deserve it.

If I'm emotionally invested in the show and it's characters, even non-tragic things can make me shed tears, but this show spent too much time being bleak and miserable, and its characters (especially Homura) being too unlikable for me to feel anything but contempt.
Sep 4, 2014 2:03 AM

Sep 2014
I wanted to cry out of laughter after I watched Snk

Angel beats... Code geass.. and theres gosick O.o
私 は あ な た が 私 を 養 う た い !

Sep 27, 2021 2:35 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
i admittedly don't cry while watching anime, even during the good tearjerkers i like.
look, i am just some heartless nobody, ok, don't kill me please

✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶
SeerofWords said:
Full Moon wo Sagashite didn't get me at all... until I read the manga. 0.0 Same with Fruits Basket.
this is exactly why Full Moon deserves a current-day Fruits Basket-style reboot

RazielZero said:
My problem with Ano Hana was that I hated every one of the characters.
PoeticJustice said:
Anohana but I did cry.........at how bad the show was.
Berry101 said:
AnoHana.. Why do people cry to this? All I heard was a bunch of people screaming, "MENMAAAAA, MENMAAAA, MENMAAA! I LOVEZ YEWWW!!"
KingLear said:
AnoHana... all these emotions felt pretty forced. I just couldn't relate to any of the characters in any way. And Menma was just bloody annoying.
^ THESE ^
THESE
THESE

THESE SO MUCH LMAO
some people thankfully get me on this

poppo is the only redeeming quality of the whole show though, idk i didn't hate him

ReaperCreeper said:
i guess that's how it is for me too
Nov 7, 2021 10:51 AM

Sep 2020
Well, it's a pretty long list of forced melodramatic anime. I will try to put all that I remember as possible:

- Your Lie in April
- Anohana
- Clannad
- Your Name
- A Silent Voice
- I want to eat your pancreas
- Steins Gate 0
- Violet Evergarden
- 91 Days
- Rainbow
- Josee no Tora
- Kono Sekai
- Kuzu no Honkai
- Madoka Magica
- Saenai Heroine
- Maquia
- Angel Beats

These are good examples for me.
Moonlight60Nov 7, 2021 11:05 AM
Nov 7, 2021 11:09 AM

Nov 2018
There is quite a few of such ones. AnoHana is one of them. All the characters were too annoying for me. I couldn't get attached to any of them.

sos, there's a goddess
in disquise
Nov 7, 2021 11:27 AM

Oct 2021
Anohana. I laughed at the ending because of how shit the
is.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

19 by MasterTasuke »»
2 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

44 by EastIndiaCompany »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 45 minutes ago

7 by deg »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

107 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
6 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

65 by LostSpectre »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.