Forum Settings
Forums

Updates on Autumn noitaminA Anime 'Psycho-Pass'

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 13, 2012 8:30 AM

Feb 2008
Downgrade355 said:

Damonashu said:
Urobuchi Gen, eh? I like the idea of the story but was wondering how it was going to be done. If it's Urobuchi Gen, perhaps there's naught to worry about.

Admittedly, The Akira Amano-like character design is countering my belief in Urobuchi Gen.

Exactly my thoughts, how could the awesome Urobuchi gen who wrote the Scenario for one of the best eroge of all time, Saya no Uta do this?

If this is sarcasm I detect here, then I reply with two things.
The first: I have never played this eroge and most likely never will, so I shall reserve all judgements.

The second: Even if it turns out that this eroge is bad, then I stand by my post by saying "Even so, he still has a better track record than Amano." Frankly though, since she's only the original character designer there's no real reason to suspect this will be a flop.
Sep 13, 2012 8:55 AM

Dec 2007
Two days ago I added Motohiro Katsuyuki to the database and apparently it wasn't accepted.
Sep 13, 2012 2:48 PM

Sep 2011
Damonashu said:

If this is sarcasm I detect here, then I reply with two things.
The first: I have never played this eroge and most likely never will, so I shall reserve all judgements.

The second: Even if it turns out that this eroge is bad, then I stand by my post by saying "Even so, he still has a better track record than Amano." Frankly though, since she's only the original character designer there's no real reason to suspect this will be a flop.

hold on a minute, i think i might aswell let you know that i'm not a person who uses sarcasm often, and no, that was by no means sarcasm, sorry if it seemed that way.

@jmal
i hear you man.
Shounen is "readable" by everyone, that's common knowledge lol. it's just that the main consumers are in most cases young boys.
Downgrade355Sep 13, 2012 2:53 PM
Sep 13, 2012 8:13 PM

Nov 2010
Not many people here totally know Urobuchi outside of Fate/Zero, Madoka and Saya no Uta, I guess.

While I'm not a really big fan of Gen Urobuchi, I could safely say that Gen Urobuchi should be capable of writing gay undertones/character. Not that I'm really objecting that, but I just want to write this since some people here seem to think that "There's no way Gen Urobuchi write a gay story". But don't worry, they won't be the main dish.

And for my own first impression, actually I rarely like Gen's male character. Even if there's any, most possibly there's an influence from other party (Like Fate/Zero's case). But actually the same thing happened to most of Gen's female character, with some exceptions.

Now that I think about it, character creation usually is the weakest skill of Gen. This show probably won't be an exception, but I guess I'll still try. He's awesome in execution, afterall.
Sep 13, 2012 8:21 PM

Aug 2010
I just watched the new updated trailer they had. I feel a Death Note kind of vibe from it, the art I guess?

I hope this series is really good just seeing how intense the trailer is. xP
Sep 13, 2012 11:28 PM

Jun 2010
Downgrade355 said:
[

Nah, Seinen? i doubt it (With the exception of the infamous Hetalia), Shounen? Yup, mainly ones made by female mangaka, and even then, i'm almost certain when they draw the manga they have the Shounen demographic in mind, it's just the artstyle that confuses your brains lol.

kind of Like a Hentai artist who likes and is used to drawing big bust, if he were to draw a Shoujo, i'd bet my collection of a hundred something PS3 games that the female cast would have a big bust. xD

Still gonna check it out tho, got used to this since those times i was watching Kuroshitsuji, i was confused through the whole anime. you might call me weird, but i "kind of" enjoyed it, mainly the fight scenes...don't go calling me names now pls.

It is possible. Take for example Brave 10; It was listed as a 'Seinen', but everything was shoujo about it. And there are plenty of manga that are Seinen, yet they feel like shoujo, just because of the magazine where they are published.

Let me list you some:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/11729/Death_Edge
http://myanimelist.net/manga/35119/Albox_-_Eien_o_Kaetara
http://myanimelist.net/manga/24764/raven;od
Sep 14, 2012 12:32 AM

Sep 2011
deathxempress said:

It is possible. Take for example Brave 10; It was listed as a 'Seinen', but everything was shoujo about it. And there are plenty of manga that are Seinen, yet they feel like shoujo, just because of the magazine where they are published.

Let me list you some:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/11729/Death_Edge
http://myanimelist.net/manga/35119/Albox_-_Eien_o_Kaetara
http://myanimelist.net/manga/24764/raven;od

I'll have you know that Brave10's mangaka draws mainly Yaoi.
Most of the time Shounen/Seinen drawn by female mangaka will have a Shoujo feel and Bishounens.

And not so surprisingly, all the mangas you listed are drawn by female mangaka. see my point?
Sep 14, 2012 12:57 AM

Oct 2007
Psycho-Pass is confirmed for two-cours.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Sep 14, 2012 1:03 AM

Sep 2011
Jarmel said:

That means 11 episodes in fall and the other 11 in autumn?
Sep 14, 2012 3:31 AM
Oct 2011
Downgrade355 said:
Jarmel said:

fall means autumn doesn't it? that means 24+ episodes, 12+ in fall and 12+ in winter.
Sep 14, 2012 4:14 AM
Mar 2010
two cour show...thank goodness. now I have uta pri 2 and this to watch in spring.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 14, 2012 5:10 AM

Sep 2011
Candor said:
Downgrade355 said:
Jarmel said:

fall means autumn doesn't it? that means 24+ episodes, 12+ in fall and 12+ in winter.

Right, got things mixed up there, my bad lol.

The show's 22 episodes though, so it's 11 fall 11 winter ;p
gonna watch.
Sep 14, 2012 6:04 AM
Oct 2011
Downgrade355 said:
Candor said:
Downgrade355 said:
Jarmel said:

gonna watch.
Normally it's 24+ but in some cases it can be less, but has it been confirmed yet? the 22-episode part?
Sep 14, 2012 7:29 AM

Apr 2010
Candor said:
Downgrade355 said:
Candor said:
Downgrade355 said:
Jarmel said:

gonna watch.
Normally it's 24+ but in some cases it can be less, but has it been confirmed yet? the 22-episode part?

Well I haven't seen any confirmation of 2 cour myself, but if it is, it'll be 22 since this it Noitamina. They only do 11 episode blocks.

Sep 14, 2012 7:47 AM
Oct 2011
RyanSaotome said:
Candor said:
Downgrade355 said:
Candor said:
Downgrade355 said:
Jarmel said:

gonna watch.

Well I haven't seen any confirmation of 2 cour myself, but if it is, it'll be 22 since this it Noitamina. They only do 11 episode blocks.
I see. Thanks.
Sep 14, 2012 9:07 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Looking good, loking good.

The comments were hilarious: reverse-harem, yaoi? How the hell do you get that from the synopsis?
Sep 14, 2012 2:05 PM

Jul 2010
BatoKusanagi said:
The comments were hilarious: reverse-harem, yaoi? How the hell do you get that from the synopsis?

because a lot of people nowadays don't know how to watch "sci-fi"
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Sep 14, 2012 6:05 PM

Jan 2010
That art was not what I was expecting.
Sep 14, 2012 7:10 PM

Aug 2011
I don't think I've been so excited over an anime before.
Sep 14, 2012 7:55 PM

Nov 2006
The art looks awful. Hopefully the anime itself will look better.
Sep 15, 2012 3:31 AM

May 2011
Can't wait to watch it.
Sep 15, 2012 10:28 AM
Nov 2008
Hopefully moe queen Kana Hanazawa will know what Urobutcher is capable of, and not get traumatized like Madoka's cast did.
Sep 15, 2012 5:28 PM

Aug 2008
Urobuchi Gen and character design by Amano Akira, Will Watch.
Sep 16, 2012 10:19 AM
Apr 2009
Downgrade355 said:

Like i said, not everyone participates in Surveys, and you can't really compare 3 thousand female readers from a poll which god knows if it is by any means valid, to a million something of other demographics and non-otaku people who read shounen, which is why i said you can't rely on polls, i might sound like a hypocrite for saying that, but yes, you can't rely on polls, and that includes the poll i mentioned earlier.

So there are actually Japanese polls that say more than 50% of people who buy some Shounen Jump series are female... but those polls are wrong because not everyone fills them out? And what proof do you have? Just what you ~believe~ basically.

Anyway here's the poll people earlier were talking about:
http://i.minus.com/ibdv5qgInz3Qyc.jpg
http://i.minus.com/iYVwIauUpngOa.png

Not that it matters though since polls aren't reliable and you know the REAL truth

Uh anyway back to Psycho Pass. I'm getting more and more excited about it. I've never watched an Urobuchi show so I guess I'll be surprised.
Sep 16, 2012 9:32 PM

Jul 2010
Most anticipated anime of upcoming season along with Chuunibyou and Zetsuen no Tempest for me :D.I have a feeling this will be really good.
Sep 17, 2012 12:37 PM
Oct 2011
Man, I can't wait for this show to start, so looking forward to it.
Sep 18, 2012 12:10 AM

Feb 2010
seki tomokazu !!!
YAHOOOOOOOOOOO
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Sep 18, 2012 9:30 AM

Oct 2008
I'm not a picky person when it comes to art style, but why the hell did Production I.G hire a girl with a girly art style to do the character designs in which all the men look like super models and such? When (presumably) they're trying to make a seinen sci fi anime that's supposed take itself seriously like Ghost in the Shell.
With all due respect to KHR, which isn't a bad anime, Those designs seem to be completely misplaced in this one.
Sep 18, 2012 9:43 AM

Apr 2010
HATUL300 said:
I'm not a picky person when it comes to art style, but why the hell did Production I.G hire a girl with a girly art style to do the character designs in which all the men look like super models and such? When (presumably) they're trying to make a seinen sci fi anime that's supposed take itself seriously like Ghost in the Shell.
With all due respect to KHR, which isn't a bad anime, Those designs seem to be completely misplaced in this one.

Fujoshis are one of the top markets these days. A normal action show with macho looking designs wouldn't sell... but bishounens everywhere will sell.

Sep 18, 2012 10:00 AM

Oct 2008
RyanSaotome said:
HATUL300 said:

Fujoshis are one of the top markets these days. A normal action show with macho looking designs wouldn't sell... but bishounens everywhere will sell.

Yeah, I guess you have a point there. I have nothing against Fujoshis, but if they are the majority of consumers, anime will eventually become feminized beyond description. Just like many other things in today's world, unfortunately. :(
Sep 18, 2012 10:25 AM

Aug 2012
It'll be hard to take this series seriously if the things they find in peoples minds are relatively tame, but they blow it out of proportion and make it seem worse than it actually is.

I want to see some really weird and fucked up people in this show (they're able to read their deepest thoughts and motives after all). I hope it's not just some random cookie cutter futuristic serial killer story.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Sep 18, 2012 10:47 AM

Oct 2008
jmal said:
Eh? Anime is still a heavily male-dominated industry so I think you're jumping the gun. Fujoshi are a market force because when they find a show they like, they tend to stick together and really reward studios/production committees that "get it right". But the number of shows explicitly aimed at women (whether girls, teenagers, or adults) is far lower than the number aimed at men of the same ages.

You might be right, I don't have any statistics. But, I think we both know that many anime that are intended for men and boys (on paper) these days pander (annoyingly at times) to the female demographic, and this anime is just another example of that.

jmal said:
I don't think I even want to know what this is about.

Fine, then I guess I'll just leave it to your imagination..
Sep 18, 2012 11:42 AM

Oct 2008
jmal said:
HATUL300 said:
You might be right, I don't have any statistics. But, I think we both know that many anime that are intended for men and boys (on paper) these days pander (annoyingly at times) to the female demographic, and this anime is just another example of that.

To an extent. But it's rare that it's overt enough to turn off the original male fanbase. One has to be a bit overly sensitive to drop a series they otherwise like just because a lot of women also enjoy it. And considering all the pandering that is done to male otaku, I'm certainly not going to begrudge the ladies a few bishounen. I totally support equal opportunity pandering. All I care is that the anime is fun to watch or interesting.

I never drop an anime for a reason like that (hell I hardly ever drop an anime, even if I hate it lol). But it's still really annoying sometimes.
I mean why the hell would an anime intended for young boys see fit to have it's male MC kiss another major male character right on the third ep of the show? (Naruto)
I don't like all this pandering, I'd prefer that an anime either strictly for males or strictly for females or strictly gender neutral.
But that's just me I guess..
Sep 18, 2012 1:41 PM

Oct 2008
jmal said:
HATUL300 said:
[
Gender neutral is rather hard to achieve under such a strict definition though. In any case, I don't accept the idea of rigid, unchanging gender roles. I'd miss out on a lot of good shows that intentionally target both (Code Geass, Inu x Boku) or target one but are very accessible to the other (Maria-sama ga Miteru, K-ON!, Natsume Yuujin-chou). Overly rigid gender demographics reinforce rigid story content.

I think it's also difficult to define what "strictly for males" or "strictly for females" means. Just in terms of fanservice or character designs? Character archetypes? Marketed merchandise?

I guess a good example of an anime strictly for males is Kaiji, it's an all male cast and they're all either ugly or mildly unattractive and although some females might like it, it doesn't pander to them on a sexual or emotional level so they like it for the right reasons, in my humble opinion (and Madhouse in general don't pander as much as others it seems).

But, I think we're over analyzing this. All I'm saying is that these girly character designs don't fit this anime (if it's really trying to be serious like GITS, where the men are mostly macho and unattractive and the women are sexy, not cute). I hope you can at least agree with me on that.
Sep 19, 2012 3:29 PM
Feb 2012
It looks like EGOIST will be performing the ED song. The composer is Ryo from Supercell, with Chelly providing the vocals obviously.
(EGOIST also sang the first ED and the second OP for Guilty Crown)
Sep 19, 2012 4:36 PM

Jul 2010
monkeii said:
It looks like EGOIST will be performing the ED song. The composer is Ryo from Supercell, with Chelly providing the vocals obviously.

Holy...Rin Toshite Shigure in OP and EGOIST in ED.Thats really sick.Cant wait even more now.Now let's just hope plot and everything will be fine.
Sep 20, 2012 3:04 AM
Feb 2012
Just adding reference to my previous post.

"先程のリツイートのとおりですが、今秋のノイタミナ「PSYCHO-PASS」という作品にてEGOISTがEDテーマを担当させていただくことになりました. 3rdシングルにもなるそうで、タイトルは「名前のない怪物」"

Taken from Chelly's twitter.
Basically translates to "In the upcoming fall anime on Noitamina Psycho-Pass, EGOIST will be performing the ED song. It will be our 3rd single called Nameless Monster (Namae No Nai Kaibutsu)"

iLostReason said:
monkeii said:

Holy...Rin Toshite Shigure in OP and EGOIST in ED.Thats really sick.Cant wait even more now.Now let's just hope plot and everything will be fine.

Really hope that it doesn't become like Guilty Crown. Hopefully Urobuchi will deliver.
Sep 29, 2012 6:46 PM

Jan 2012
Something to possibly raise everyone's expectations. Not sure if it's a reliable source but w/e, doesn't hurt to post:
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/10o52z/psychopass_2nd_pv/c6f5rxy
Oct 5, 2012 5:28 AM

Oct 2010
monkeii said:

And this officially made this anime on top of my anticipated list. Urobuchi + Amano + Supercell Ryo and Chelly + I.G = pure win

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
27 minutes ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
2 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.