Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 15, 2010 10:40 AM

Apr 2009
Wow... Jin was incredible in this episode... everything from his appearance with his hair loose & his kimono torn to his realization that fighting for himself isn't good enough to the mutual-stab suicide move he used to off Kariya... he was at his peak there, which is why he shouldn't have been able to cheat death IMO... the ending would have been more fulfilling had he died and Fuu ended up with Mugen... instead there was this empty finale where they just split up... anyway it was a decent series all in all, though it would do better if it had a few less BLAM episodes...
Alas86Feb 15, 2010 2:17 PM
Feb 22, 2010 7:10 PM

Dec 2009
37wallflower73 said:
Same here. I would have loved to see them continue to travel together......I just hate endings period.

Same here. When a series ends I feel sad. Like I completed a journey and that journey really can't be relived the same again.

Even though it seemed impossible I'm glad Jin & Mugen were not killed off. Still, I wish they didn't split up at the end but that makes sense too.

Hopefully it won't be long before I find another series I enjoy like this one.
Such junk...
Mar 4, 2010 3:37 PM

Jan 2010
If you consider the fact that every time they got separated in the series, they ended up together again, the ending doesn't look so bad, does it?
Mar 8, 2010 9:59 PM

Jul 2007
at least didn't end like Basilisk LOL
Mar 13, 2010 4:59 PM

Jul 2007
i loved this anime so much. i dont think i've ever felt so sad when charachters split up[ and go their own way. Im glad jin didnt die actually... ok i know i just dont want people dying esp if they are my fav characters haha
Apr 20, 2010 12:40 PM

Apr 2009
Fucking class. Lots of good drama and even more great comedy. I loved the fights' animation and the use of historical references. 9/10 for me , and I'm a bit of a critic.
Apr 23, 2010 5:10 PM

Feb 2010
Everything in this anime was great, very funny and the ending was the best of it all! I loved this anime allot more than I thought I did until I reached the end. Everything is resolved and they all are enlightened and become better people and more ultimate than they were.
Apr 28, 2010 1:16 PM

Sep 2008
I loved the ending. It was fantastic.

(And a point for me for knowing before I watched this ep that Jin didn't die in the last episode. ;D )

I DID almost think that Mugen had actually died. But he's too stubborn to die like that. Should've known.

Anyway. Still loved the ending. Others have pointed out how Samurai Champloo was also good because it highlighted points of Japanese history... Err, maybe that was wasted on me. I remember some things but for the most part only paid enough attention to get me by, I suppose. Didn't learn much about Japanese history over, in my case at least... but I did really enjoy watching this! :D

DiHamma said:
2 words: superb show

I second that. :)
May 18, 2010 12:31 PM

Feb 2009
I loved this last episode, I must say it exceed my expectations.

This show started a bit slow and took some time to develop, but really this is just the nature of this anime, it's not about a continuous narrative nor it is a character-driven plot. Overall I greatly enjoyed it, apart from 3 or 4 episodes that really didn't do much for me... which is OK in a 26 episode series. The art, music and fluid animation are all very satisfying.

This sequence of episodes is seriously one of the best I've seen in anime: 20/21/24-26, superb, memorable. This anime get's an extra ranking point just because of those.
VeethornMay 18, 2010 12:38 PM
Jun 2, 2010 8:25 AM

Oct 2009
It was a great episode, and I guess it makes sense and all that the two guys would have gone their own separate ways, because they were only together to find the sunflower samurai.

But I so hoped that when Fuu explained about the coin and they'd decided they didn't want to kill each other, they all could have walked down the same path again.
When they showed them walking alone during the credits, I expected them to all magically end up in the same food bar or something.
Jun 14, 2010 5:28 PM
Nov 2009
This is one amazingly amazing anime. One of the best anime I've watched so far. Great action, comedy, drama. A true masterpiece by Sinichiro Watanabe. I wish there's a sequel but that's just the end to it, I hate saying goodbyes to great animes, bittersweet feeling. Really really great!! And really really worth my time watching. Oh man it's gonna take time untill I can watch animes again ;S hard to watch other animes after watching something this good hope I'm not the only one who feels this way ;).
Jun 22, 2010 8:15 PM

Aug 2009
Loved the show.... but i just wish they stayed together ;o
Jun 23, 2010 1:07 PM

Dec 2008
I thought this ending was satisfying and uplifting. It made the series feel complete; they started apart ended apart. I didn't see it as a "sayonara", it was more like a "otsukaresama".

I expected a sobering end, like Cowboy Bebop, but I was instead pleasantly surprised. I finished this series in two days and now feel like I just ate a large, warm, filling meal. I don't regret eating it, and I don't need anymore. It's a rare feeling, and one usually followed by a nap.

Oldy said:
Either make a good ending or a bad one nothing inbetween!

Okay, what the hell?
Jun 29, 2010 7:52 PM

May 2010
Who wants Jin and Mugen to die? If Mugen dies, then what happens to the hilarious reunion between Mugen had Yatsuha? I suppose it doesn't matter since we'd never see it anyways, but doesn't it make you happy to think it could happen? Seriously, why such doom and gloom, not everything has to be a sad ending you know :)
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 9, 2010 5:05 AM

Nov 2009
Overall, a dissapointment for me. There were few superb episodes but that was it. Main plot somehow wasn't very interesting for me.

5/10
Jul 9, 2010 3:18 PM

Dec 2009
Love this anime and its a Masterpiece in my eyes. This show had the right amount of drama, suspense, comedy, and kick-ass samurai sword fights!!! The characters were amazing, the music was flawless and it even had Japanese historical references. The ending was also perfect for me, I didnt expect them to go their separate ways which is a happy ending.
Jul 18, 2010 3:34 PM

Jan 2010
It's really sad how the Samurai who smelled of Sunflowers died. Also, are Mugen and Jin immortals or something? They're always so close to death.. it's quite lucky of them.

Anyways, fabulous ending. I usually don't like the endings where a couple or friends don't end up together, but in this case, it was happy and you just know that they'll all three see each other again.

P.S- Haha to Jin and Mugen discovering that they're actually friends, not enemies.

werr-y said:
If you consider the fact that every time they got separated in the series, they ended up together again, the ending doesn't look so bad, does it?

EXACTLY what I was thinking when I saw everyone complaining about it in here. Like, the first time.. when they whispered to each other and suddenly ran away. Or in the mountain forest when she got mad at Mugen and walked away. They always end up back together, so it's not as much as a disappointment to me.
Aug 25, 2010 6:22 PM

Aug 2008
Such a pleasure to complete this series. Nothing but excellence all the way through.
Sep 4, 2010 5:36 AM
Jul 2010
Was a bit skeptical on how it would end because of eps 22 and 23 but I have no complaints.

A rollercoaster of an ending, but a great one nonetheless.
Sep 21, 2010 3:59 PM
Nov 2009
i didnt like the ending i can understand where everyone says they found the samurai now they are done.BUT! does anyone realize that they are being hunted down? and at the end they all seperate, fu cant fight shes a goner! and Jin hes probably going back to the woman he saved and mugen is prob gonna try to get laid 0_0 or that ninja chick will marry him but poor old fu shes all alone except for mister flying squirrel. Atleast he didnt get owned like spike Q_Q
Holland_NovakSep 24, 2010 4:57 AM
Oct 13, 2010 8:09 PM

Apr 2010
Loved the ending. I know they'll end up back together again ;D

Oct 16, 2010 4:40 PM

Sep 2010
I think the ending did everything it tried to do perfectly, but what it was trying to do, in my opinion at least wasn't enough. I really liked the ending though, but after seeing Cowboy Bebop, I expected the ending to be perfect. Either way, great ending, great show.
Nov 6, 2010 2:21 AM

Jun 2009
My 3rd or actually 2nd time to watch a Samurai genre but this will be my #1.

Everything is very detailed from minor (wounds, clothes, injury) to major. The fight scene was really amazing no bias and even if there was, they maintained it fair, no overpowered main character, though they survived but made their way through a tough battle.

Nice ending.. happy ending though it seems sad that they will part ways again..
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 7, 2010 8:52 AM
Apr 2009
I didn't really like the ending. They should have gone together looking for new adventures. This ending kept me away from giving a 9.
neoalexysNov 7, 2010 9:12 AM
Nov 28, 2010 1:25 AM

Mar 2010
I cried so hard, I really thought they will die. I'm glad it didn't happen, but I am still pretty depressed about hteir department. I wanted them to travel together forever... But that's just too unrealistic. Sad but good ending.
Nov 29, 2010 7:17 AM

Sep 2008
Holland_Novak said:
i didnt like the ending i can understand where everyone says they found the samurai now they are done.BUT! does anyone realize that they are being hunted down?

what are you talking about, the guy who was supposed to hunt them (Fu and her dad, actually) died at the end. Its over.

And I seriously dont get all these silly comments about the ending not being good. It was thematically perfect. Given the nature and theme of the show, the ending suited it perfectly. In fact there could have been no better ending. It was both realistic (in that everyone has to go their own way eventually) and unrealistic (they all survived, miraculously). It gives off that special feeling that something really good passed you by, and its never coming back.

I just love that feeling, even now I feel nostalgic thinking about Champloo's ending and the song, although its been only 2 years that I first saw it (I've been re-watching random episodes after that)
eyerokNov 29, 2010 7:24 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Dec 2, 2010 11:37 AM

Jan 2009
A great show so far!

9/10 for me, because only episodes 22 and 23 (really bad episodes).
Dec 6, 2010 9:33 AM

Apr 2010
Jin's cool with his hair down and without his glasses and in baretop! I think Jin will be together with Shino.

Nice Ending but I want them to be together again.
Dec 28, 2010 10:53 AM

Mar 2009
It would have been more of a ironic ending if Jin and Mugen died together after their swords broke, but this ending was fine anyway. And their deepest desires had finally been fulfilled-Fu to find her father and Jin and Mugen to find an opponent worthy of them. To go any further was not necessary.
(Jin looks absolutely hot with his hair down and bare chested! Like a samurai angel.)
I give the entire series 8 out of 10 only for a few annoying filler episodes. But the ending backgrounds are the most beautiful that I've ever seen in any anime. Worth re-watching!
Jan 10, 2011 3:40 AM

Aug 2010
That was a wondeful way to end this series. Everything down from the music, animation and minor characters were done great.

It's a pity they had to go there separate ways but they will meet again since they have become best of friends.
Mar 4, 2011 6:32 PM

Nov 2009
A very great ending. I was really hoping it would end like this, I thought that it may of been a sad ending (but beautiful) with the characters dying, except perhaps Fuu.

KitaTsuki said:
Loved the ending. I know they'll end up back together again ;D

I believe that as well, they will definitely end up meeting again.
Mar 20, 2011 5:16 PM

Jul 2008
Finished the series about 30 minutes ago for the second time and I am still smiling. I had to up the score from a nine to a ten. Shinichiro Watanabe is a freakin' genius and the last three episodes are the icing on the cake. Samurai Champloo has to be one of the most perfect anime series I have ever seen.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Mar 26, 2011 12:48 PM

Jun 2010
I was skeptical at first about whether to watch this anime or not. But then, I started to like it and now, it ended. Everything to this anime was great, such as the characters, animation, and the plot. I will def. miss this type of anime
Apr 21, 2011 2:26 PM
Feb 2011
This was an amazing adventure! It's sad to see their journey come to an end but let's face it, they've split up soooo many times before they're bound to come back together xD I just know it!!!! I think deep inside, we all do :)
Apr 26, 2011 5:09 AM

Mar 2011
Well, that sure wasn't a surprise ending at all. Predictable yet enjoyable. I had the feeling throughout the series that Fuu was in love with Mugen, but it got a bit awkward when Yatsuha said she was going to marry him one day.
Oh well Jin, forever alone.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Jun 2, 2011 4:14 PM
May 2011
Treekodar said:
Well, that sure wasn't a surprise ending at all. Predictable yet enjoyable. I had the feeling throughout the series that Fuu was in love with Mugen, but it got a bit awkward when Yatsuha said she was going to marry him one day.
Oh well Jin, forever alone.

Poor poor jin.... always got the ladies stolen from him by mugen.
Jun 13, 2011 4:03 PM

Jul 2009
Watanabe is truly a master of ending an anime. True it might not have been as good as Cowboy Bebop's ending but, in my opinion, there never will be an ending that good again. I enjoyed this anime, despite the occasional unfocused episode, and the characters were great which I expected. The art was a little sketchy at times and the hip-hop theme didn't blend as well as the jazz theme did in Cowboy Bebop but overall it was good. 8/10.
Jun 14, 2011 1:47 PM

Jan 2011
I'm really sad it just ended, I'm thinking of re-watching it.
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3
Jun 16, 2011 8:56 AM

Mar 2011
Yey! A happy ending. Well, they didn't all die at least!

After a long journey they go their separate ways, and continue travelling!

Well, as the bird implies at the very end, they have their freedom, and will roam as the fancy takes them.

Would like there to be an OVA of this where chance has the three meeting up again for a one off encounter with much hi-jinks!
Jun 30, 2011 11:01 AM

Apr 2010
My favourite arc of the series was definitely ep 11. and 20-21.
I have no complaints with the ending, i'm sure they will meet again.
Awesome sword fights, my favourite seiyuus and loved the historical referencies and the mix of the modern and the feudal Japan.
9/10
Jul 15, 2011 2:03 PM
Sep 2009
I can say only one thing. People die when they are killed if they aren't Mugen.
Aug 4, 2011 9:58 AM
Feb 2010
I like how Mugen beheaded one of the brothers...I loved Jin sans shirt and glasses, with hair down...supa yum...yeah, I wish that they would've stayed together or 2 of them at least would couple up. (In my head, Mugen ends up with the undercover ninja girl and Jin goes back to the prostitute he freed. My inner fanfic continues with one of their girlfriends dying within 5 years...but I digress.)
blindassassinAug 4, 2011 10:05 AM
Aug 7, 2011 5:14 AM
Aug 2011
Every time they split up, they end up together again.

It's destiny.
Aug 7, 2011 9:23 AM

Oct 2010
i really good, anime... the ending was good to!
Aug 9, 2011 11:17 PM
Jan 2009
This show is near flawless, probably my favorite anime ever. I'm just a little saddened by the fact that it isn't revealed what happens to the three of them after they go their separate ways.
Aug 12, 2011 12:09 AM

Sep 2010
Really enjoyed watching this.
Aug 21, 2011 6:45 PM

Jun 2011
So glad none of them died! I was really scared there for a second. And I couldn't help but cry soem during these 3 parts. xD

SUCH A GREAT SERIES!!
WHY AREn"T THERE MORE LIKE IT/THIS GREAT!?!?!?
Sep 3, 2011 9:06 AM
Jul 2011
Lame ending. I was waiting for final showdown between Jin and Mugen since episode 1, but for some reason they suddenly decided to become friends. At least they didnt go further than that.....
Sep 3, 2011 11:09 AM

Dec 2010
hell00 said:
Lame ending. I was waiting for final showdown between Jin and Mugen since episode 1, but for some reason they suddenly decided to become friends. At least they didnt go further than that.....
That's the point.
Sep 6, 2011 11:37 PM

Sep 2008
notsureifsrs said:
hell00 said:
That's the point.

some people just cant sense the flow of theme.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Akral - Sep 17, 2007

67 by Buzz-1 »»
Yesterday, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

186 by plus_SlamDunk »»
Mar 28, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

142 by CyrahOmega »»
Mar 18, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RyanBebop - Feb 22, 2010

55 by GingZ »»
Mar 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

166 by GingZ »»
Mar 14, 2:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.