Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 7, 2012 6:57 PM

Dec 2009
Accel World 22 Screenshot:

Yeah. Great stuff. While the whole KYH = KiriAsu daughter theory might not pan out, at least it's established Canon that SAO is the predecessor of Accel World. Hell they even mention...

Sep 7, 2012 7:55 PM

Jul 2009
That aside, I cannot bear to see 1/3 of the story playing out in KYH's absence. What gives...
Sep 8, 2012 11:33 AM

Jul 2012
There obviously is a connection between SAO and Accel World, But the only thing that is bothering me right now is their relationship after 20 years...If any of the characters we see in Accel world has anything to do with Kirito and Asuna
Sep 8, 2012 1:37 PM

Aug 2012
so more theories?

heres one for you Aqua Current= Sinon's daughter
Sep 9, 2012 9:22 AM

Jun 2010
AsadaShino said:
so more theories?

heres one for you Aqua Current= Sinon's daughter
Yeah. I wonder if we are going to see Lyfa, Liz and Keiko's son/daughter soon. Are there any new characters in the novel? Since I haven't seen it yet.
Sep 14, 2012 4:18 PM

Dec 2009
Some more theories:

But yeah, was bored, and couldn't help but point out that the two series and adaptations are making shout outs to each other.
Sep 14, 2012 6:01 PM
Aug 2012
NettoAzure said:
Some more theories:

But yeah, was bored, and couldn't help but point out that the two series and adaptations are making shout outs to each other.

Was that your tumblr post?
Sep 14, 2012 7:49 PM

Dec 2009
Dessiato said:
NettoAzure said:
Some more theories:

Was that your tumblr post?

Mhmm. I had to share it somewhere.
Sep 15, 2012 2:50 AM

Jan 2009
what if Kirito and Asuna did not end up having kids together? they split up for some reason
i mean is it possible that Kirito's child is Kuroyukihime while Asuna's child is Haruyuki?
Kuroyukihime as child of Kirito has already been speculated
but what about Haruyuki? he has same hair color as Asuna?
or that does mean that Haru-YUKI and kuro-YUKI-hime are actually are both siblings of Kirito and Asuna?
any expert light novel readers here that can deny or strengthen my speculation?
Sep 15, 2012 2:53 AM

Jul 2009
j0x said:
i mean is it possible that Kirito's child is Kuroyukihime while Asuna's child is Haruyuki?

Then Asuna definitely loses to Kirito
Sep 15, 2012 6:00 AM

Mar 2012
j0x said:
what if Kirito and Asuna did not end up having kids together? they split up for some reason

Well,I know her mom was against Asuna going out with Kirito..maybe she didn't get her parent's blessing and was forced to break up,but before that,they had *** in real life and Asuna got pregnant..and Kuroyukihime came to. So maybe Kuroyukihime is the illegitimate child of Asuna and Kirito.
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Sep 15, 2012 6:13 AM

Jan 2009
ArmorKingRulez said:
j0x said:

Well,I know her mom was against Asuna going out with Kirito..maybe she didn't get her parent's blessing and was forced to break up,but before that,they had *** in real life and Asuna got pregnant..and Kuroyukihime came to. So maybe Kuroyukihime is the illegitimate child of Asuna and Kirito.

that maybe one thing if indeed they broke up for some reason

and also i just recently discovered that Kuroyukihime has a one year older than her sister
Sep 20, 2012 4:35 AM

Dec 2009
So I was reading SAO Vol. 10 Ch.4 when this popped up.

NettoAzureSep 20, 2012 4:57 AM
Sep 20, 2012 6:37 AM
Mar 2010
ArmorKingRulez said:
j0x said:

No, Asuna is definitely not splitting up with Kirito, much less splitting up with him just because her parents don't approve of him.
Sep 21, 2012 6:39 PM

Jan 2009
NettoAzure said:
So I was reading SAO Vol. 10 Ch.4 when this popped up.

lol that is another clue right there and a strong hint too

and also last episode of Accel World season 1 revealed that Kuroyukihime has a nickname of Sachan so that means she is named after Sachi from Sword Art Online?

i know i read somewhere that the Author of both Accel World and Sword Art Online said that their is no clear connection on the 2 stories his making but the amount of hints/clues are piling up and he is doing a pretty bad job at hiding the connection/s
Sep 21, 2012 7:09 PM
Apr 2011
No clear connection aside from being set in the same universe. That's all that can be definitively nailed down thus far.

In staying with the 'no connection' bit, it could be that he's just reusing tropes that seem awesome - dual swords is pretty awesome, so it stands to reason it would make an appearance in another series that has swords.
Jun 5, 2014 8:15 PM
Jun 2014
The author wrote a side story in the Underworld arc. (That as some of you know, its realated with Accel World).

(Spoiler)
And in this side story, Kirito gets trapped in a fight with the Silver Crow. The side story, shows both characters thoughts. Silver Crow believed that it was a normal fight, while Kirito knew that it was a malfunction, but still, for him, a fight was a fight. The battle ends in a Draw, where both heroes go back to their worlds wondering who was that misterious character. That was my favorite side story of the whole novel.
Jan 9, 2015 11:23 AM
Apr 2013
Ok i'm not a huge fan of SAO but this theory has been on my mind since I first heard it but,I understand why everyone is waiting for the announcement that SAO and accel world is in the same universe. It is a really really exciting topic but well we probably never found out,but keep it up those of you who wish to come up with a theory I just wanted to say 'GOOD JOB!'
Oct 25, 2015 5:57 PM
Oct 2015
Ok now that I've finally found this forum here's my theory:
Haruyuki is Kirito and asuna's son
1. In ova you sorta see his dad in a flash back showing home how to play a retro fighting game, he looks kinda like Kirito and loves games.
2. He has Kirito's grey eyes and Sharp reflexes and indomitable attitude.
3. I once saw this manga shot of him sitting next to and talking to a girl in accel world who I'm almost a hundred percent sure is yui and she calls him brother, also you see them both in a shot mirroring their avatars showing their true selves and she EXACTLY LIKE YUI.
4. If KYH really was te daughter of K & A then how does she have purple eyes?
Feb 25, 2016 1:45 PM
Feb 2016
what if chi-chan was asunas relative
Mar 20, 2016 8:03 AM
Jul 2015
I don't know if this is a valid theory or has been discussed, but what if Kirito is the creator of Brain Burst... I could go on with correlations why I think this, but I'm not super up on the novels do I don't know if this has been disproven.
Jun 26, 2016 7:06 PM
Jun 2016
I was doing some thinking and came up with a bit of a thought.

So it is pretty much agreed that if the shared universe is actually correct then Kirito would have had some hand in creating the neuro linker, however the idea that he created Brain Burst is harder to justify. After thinking about this I realised that perhaps Brain Burst was created by Kayaba. We know Kayaba managed to scan his brain into the system and is still knocking around somewhere, unless he is removed in a later novel, so it is logical to assume that he could still be involved in the series around the time of accel world. If you look at the accelerated world and how the higher level players can use it to move at high speeds it shares similarities to how Kayaba, or Heathcliff at the time, used the system to accelerate his shield and beak Kirito.
The concept of Brain Burst also shares similarities to the original Sword Art Online. In Brain Burst if you loose a fight you loose burst points and if you loose all your bust points you can never use Brain Burst again, so you are effectively dead. Similar to how in the original SAO if you lost all your HP points you died and could never play again, because you were actually dead.
Apr 4, 2017 4:59 AM
Apr 2017
Well at first sorry for my bad English cause i am foreigner.
I want make some speculation about this thread
At first we talked about accelerated program.
This program can make the brain accelerated into A thousand Times than normal.so watch kirito vs heathcliff duel.we know that heathcliff used the supporting system to much cause kirito reaction but please...kirito skill is above of system...lol.
That system makes heathcliff easily guarded kirito's final attack.i confused that the system is so similar to accelerated program or brain burst.maybe kayaba was the first to make the accelerated program.and on the accel world LN volume 10 chapter 3 we know that the 4th fulldive system that higa-san makes is based on kayaba Akihiko before he passed out or what ever you want called it...lol.that system can makes accelerated too like brain burst program.this mean that kirito was the one who created or big helps of the brain burst development.brain burst can removed memory's of accelerated world similar to augma on Sao movie ordinal scale.kikuoka don't arrest shigemura cause he want to now about augma deeply.it means shigemura maybe takes A role about brain burst.
s o my speculation is the first who Made the accelerated system is kayaba Akihiko.cause he was died this accelerated program still developed by higa-san and shigemura.kirito takes some role of this development cause at 1st episode of season 2 he stated that he want to be A maker of future man-machine full dive technology.

I cant makes speculation about kuroyukihime cause it was A lot of theory about her.all i can say is kuroyukihime maybe related to kirito and Asuna as their daughters. I speculated that cause it's so obvious.
kirito:calm,cold,gamer addict,always protect the loved one,and have some resembles of her like hair,liking black color,and her incarnate skill have the same name of kirito's sword skill.
Asuna:at first she was mysterious like KYH,always protect the loved one too,her eyes has the same color of KYH eyes,agile on game like KYH.
That criteria cant match on kuroyukihime if kirito and Asuna get married and have A child.but i want this can be true.
Right now kawahara-sensei stated that he want makes A bridge for this series.so maybe kirito and Asuna maybe related to Kuroyukihime's life
Apr 4, 2017 6:34 AM
Apr 2017
Hmmm... I just realized that brain burst program on accelerated world is run by SAO system(cardinal).why?because Asuna can resist the paralyze and kirito can come back from death.this is like incarnate system.after heathcliff killed kirito,he come back to life and Said from his heart "not done,not done this is not done".this is like incarnate system because kirito's Will is cleared the death game.before this. I Made A statemennt that kayaba was the first make the accelerated program,this means cardinal had some sort of accelerated system.maybe brain burst is run by cardinal like SAO.is that obvious right?
Apr 4, 2017 7:05 AM
Apr 2017
Well i Made conclusion about Sao and aw connection.
All of Reki Kawahara novel based on one system to make A plot.SAO,ALO,GGO,PA,And BB is Made by cardinal system (the seed).
Just some conclusion of A fan of SAO AND AW ^^
Apr 4, 2017 7:20 AM
Apr 2017
Im sao fan so for me sao is best 😃😃😃

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

65 by aLotQuestion_ »»
35 minutes ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

58 by AtelierAni »»
Yesterday, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.