Forum Settings
Forums

Yamamoto Soubi's New OVA 'Kono Danshi, Ningyo Hiroimashita.' Announced

New
Sep 4, 2012 5:56 AM

Feb 2008
According to the official website, the second OVA of Kono Dan series "Kono Danshi, Ningyo Hiroimashita." (This boy picked up a merman.) was announced to be released on November 9th. The first OVA Kono Danshi, Uchuujin to Tatakaemasu. was released last October.

Kono Danshi, Ningyo Hiroimashita. official website
Trailer

Staff
Director: Yamamoto Soubi

Cast
Kaji Yuki
Midorikawa Hikaru

Kono Danshi, Ningyo Hiroimashita. on MAL
NaruleachSep 4, 2012 10:26 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 4, 2012 6:41 AM

Feb 2012
Haven't watched the first one...might not really watch both..doesn't really spark my interest.
Sep 4, 2012 7:06 AM

Jul 2012
HauntingShock said:
Haven't watched the first one...might not really watch both..doesn't really spark my interest.

My thoughts exactly.
Sep 4, 2012 7:31 AM

Nov 2008
i don't know if i'm gonna watch it yet
Sep 4, 2012 8:24 AM
Nov 2009
Might watch because of my interest in Fantasy and Shounen-ai.
Sep 4, 2012 9:32 AM
Mar 2010
yay for the fans! :D
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 4, 2012 9:57 AM
Aug 2011
hmmm boy picking up merman you say.
Seen the first one. Didn't expect there to be more.
Sep 4, 2012 10:15 AM

Aug 2011
Shounen-ai is my absolutely most favoritist genre in the whole wide world.
Sep 4, 2012 11:53 AM

May 2010
parfaited said:
hmmm boy picking up merman you say.
Seen the first one. Didn't expect there to be more.

YES.

Heartwarming shounen-ai .. come at me :)
Sep 4, 2012 12:42 PM

Oct 2011
Uchuujin was very cute and pretty so I will want to be watching this new one as well. :)
Sep 4, 2012 12:58 PM

Jul 2012
DraconisMarch said:

Even more then ecchi and harem?

I should remind myself to check the genres before hand. Well, I'll definitely be skipping this.
Sep 4, 2012 1:39 PM

Dec 2009
I haven't finished the first ova yet, it was so boring that i gave up watching. Plan on finishing, though.
Sep 4, 2012 2:07 PM
Sep 2011
The first OVA had a quite unique and fresh artstyle and interesting visual quirks with the whole alien subplot serving as a metaphorical device from my point of view.
Even though I wasn't a fan of the character constellation it was surprisingly heartwarming so I'm definitely interested in what Soubi Yamamoto is up to.
Sep 4, 2012 2:26 PM

Sep 2011
ihateeveryone said:

I should remind myself to check the genres before hand. Well, I'll definitely be skipping this.

Hell no, ecchi and harem are disgusting, they're for sick freaks. Shounen-ai is a norm, it's so beautiful that anyone and everyone and any normal person will come to apperciate it and enjoy it to the fullest, and i'm sure even you have realized that by now.

No, but you can't compare completely different genres for completely different demographics now, can you?

on a side note, i'll pass on this, folks.
Sep 4, 2012 2:50 PM

Jul 2012
Downgrade355 said:
ihateeveryone said:

Hell no, ecchi and harem are disgusting, they're for sick freaks. Shounen-ai is a norm, it's so beautiful that anyone and everyone and any normal person will come to apperciate it and enjoy it to the fullest, and i'm sure even you have realized that by now.

No, but you can't compare completely different genres for completely different demographics now, can you?

on a side note, i'll pass on this, folks.

I was being sarcastic and I hate shounen-ai. I find it disgusting and stereotypical for the most part and have never once enjoyed seeing or reading it. (Reading on Tumblr mind you.) Quit talking like those are facts and like anyone who doesn't think that way isn't normal.

You see, they're called opinions.

And again, I was being sarcastic.
Sep 4, 2012 2:56 PM

Jan 2010
Sweet a new OVA :) I was fond of the previous works :D I'm very intrigued by the art style and how the story was approached in the previous work~ Can't wait ^^
Sep 4, 2012 3:04 PM

Jun 2011
Haven't watch the first yet, just checked out the trailer. Probably watch it, depends kinda.
Sep 4, 2012 3:55 PM

Aug 2011
ihateeveryone said:
DraconisMarch said:

Right up there with hentai and incest. YEEAAAAA
Sep 4, 2012 4:06 PM

May 2008
Just finished watching the first one.

Excited <33

Sep 4, 2012 4:36 PM

Nov 2007
dtshyk said:

Kaji Yuki

Definitely watching!

dtshyk said:
The first OVA Kono Danshi, Uchuujin to Tatakaemasu. was released last October.

Oh, it's related? It was not very interesting personally, though.
tsubasaloverSep 4, 2012 4:40 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 4, 2012 6:59 PM

Sep 2011
ihateeveryone said:

I was being sarcastic and I hate shounen-ai. I find it disgusting and stereotypical for the most part and have never once enjoyed seeing or reading it. (Reading on Tumblr mind you.) Quit talking like those are facts and like anyone who doesn't think that way isn't normal.

If you were being sarcastic, why are you replying to me as if you think i was serious?
Sep 4, 2012 8:23 PM

Jul 2012
Downgrade355 said:
ihateeveryone said:

If you were being sarcastic, why are you replying to me as if you think i was serious?

Wait, so you were being a sarcastic bitch as well?

My apologies, it seemed too serious to me. (I've encountered far too many fujoshi in my time who talk like that on a serious note, which is why I responded the same way.) Again, terribly sorry. A sarcastic kid is a friend of mine any day. <3
Sep 4, 2012 8:40 PM

Sep 2011
ihateeveryone said:

Wait, so you were being a sarcastic bitch as well?

My apologies, it seemed too serious to me. (I've encountered far too many fujoshi in my time who talk like that on a serious note, which is why I responded the same way.) Again, terribly sorry. A sarcastic kid is a friend of mine any day. <3

Lol, i don't mean to offend you, but the thought of you thinking i was serious is giving me a very funny feel in the stomach. But yeah, i was being sarcastic, although i didn't mean to offend anyone with it.

So, let's hop on the nakama wagon?
Sep 4, 2012 11:03 PM
Jun 2011
Awesome, I will definitely watch.
We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

Sep 4, 2012 11:14 PM

Mar 2009
Probably not gonna bother watching it.
Sep 5, 2012 3:38 AM
May 2007
Lovely! Will definitely watch. The producer is young and she draws what she likes, I admire her and her OVAs are special.
I loved the 1st OVA with aliens and friends, this 2nd OVA will have a merman! I'm already excited and PV looks beautiful.

tsubasalover said:
Oh, it's related? It was not very interesting personally, though.

Not quite surprising when only seiyuus make things that interesting.
Sep 5, 2012 12:16 PM

Jan 2010
*_____*
Sep 5, 2012 2:21 PM

Oct 2010

:/ first one was ok, but dat merman... no thank you. only genre shounen ai...

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Sep 6, 2012 2:56 PM

Aug 2011
Good art? Shounen-ai? I'm in.
Nov 4, 2012 2:12 AM

Oct 2012
somehow, i cant find the HD download links for the 1st episode
i ended up downloading it w/ german sub. OH shit!

lol, the off.website is tsuritama-ish.
Nov 9, 2012 8:29 AM

Oct 2007
I bought the DVD this Friday. Like the first one, sub are included in the DVD: Japanese (hard hearing), English and Chinese (not for the first one).
The first one sell well so it was decided to make a series: "Kono Danshi...". I don't know how well it was sell, but since Yamamoto Soubi is still a beginner it's promising! It's possible to exchange Animate card points to have the first one!

For the story, it's veryyyyyyyyy cute BL story! Like, really BL story this time, for the one complaining the first one wasn't BL! A soft BL story (I mean, don't expect a sex scene but expect more than the 2nd ova of Sekaiichi Hatsukoi!).
If you don't like cute romantic story and/or BL, stay away! ^o^

And 2100yens in Animate, with the Audio CD of the theme song by Midorikawa Hikaru and the karaoke version (less than 2100 if bought in amazon, but without the CD I think). It's cheap for a 30mn OVA (in Japan at least!) with sub if you need them!

Btw, for the tag... since there is a mermaid (well a merman?), it should at least have the "fantasy" tag!
Tags: Fantasy, shounen-ai, romance, slice of life, drama, (comedy)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 11 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.