Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 3, 2012 1:35 PM

Oct 2009
Doesn't anyone think the same? I mean you know how they do it with anime.

They often make anime based on a manga, but soon they run out of manga script, so they make an independent storyline afterward that screws up the original manga. Like they did it with FMA.

And Magi is just getting into a good spot, when every characters getting better. I somehow feel like the anime is gonna screw up the manga at some point... It happens way too often when anime starts when manga is still far from the end. =(
"Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love."

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 4, 2012 8:55 AM

Jul 2010
I agree. They should have waited for a few years or months or idk to get it animated.

lol and guess who's gonna do the series' composition.. it's Hiroyuki Yoshino. Think about how he'll fuck up Magi when he HAS to make an anime-only ending/storyline. it really just... makes me sad.

i am still NOT yet ready for the anime. :-(

Sep 28, 2012 12:33 PM

Nov 2008
The character designs are great and even better than the manga art.But I'm also worried if it will become another 26-52 episodes anime,or a erotized anime because Yoshino because he's the Seikon no Qwaser author after all.
Oct 6, 2012 4:44 PM

Aug 2012
Shinkan said:
I agree. They should have waited for a few years or months or idk to get it animated.

lol and guess who's gonna do the series' composition.. it's Hiroyuki Yoshino. Think about how he'll fuck up Magi when he HAS to make an anime-only ending/storyline. it really just... makes me sad.

i am still NOT yet ready for the anime. :-(

I did hear that there was going to be an anime-original character, which probably means a filler arc at some point. However, I highly doubt that it would be a long filler arc, seeing all the material they can work with. (there's over 150 chapters out in Japan as far as I know)
Oct 10, 2012 1:43 AM

Oct 2009
denshiraku said:
I did hear that there was going to be an anime-original character, which probably means a filler arc at some point. However, I highly doubt that it would be a long filler arc, seeing all the material they can work with. (there's over 150 chapters out in Japan as far as I know)

Storyline in Magi doesn't move too fast, so if they really want to they could catch up to chapter 150 in half a year.
"Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love."

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
Oct 11, 2012 2:48 PM

Aug 2012
sakaryana said:

Storyline in Magi doesn't move too fast, so if they really want to they could catch up to chapter 150 in half a year.

If they did that, that would be a bit too fast...
Oct 11, 2012 5:56 PM

Jul 2012
denshiraku said:

(New member here!)

A quickie introduction: I first discovered the anime adaptation yesterday at the Anime Club meeting, and curious enough because Aladian is a mahou shounen I like the magic element, fantasy, and a different setting that is not "fantasy-Victoria or Medevil" or something. (I don't mind those traditional settings though!)

I had that stoned/stunned face when there are like 142+ chapters exist for Magi... And yea. Having an anime out during a publication... Can spill something. I remember (like stated above) D.Gray-Man (100+ episodes) had a filler arc that was exclusive to the anime... And while it may not be uhh.. "Magnificent" as the manga-ka's works, those do help extend the back-story or emotions of a background character. Not sure how Magi will work, especially since I AM NEW TO THIS (OMG!)!!! But I am giving my hopes that it will be decent for the newcomers. T.T;

(And because I have no motivation to catch up on ANY manga.. Waaahhh....)

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Oct 26, 2012 2:34 PM

Jul 2012
denshiraku said:

In the opening song, when Alibaba points Amon's sword in the sky then jabs it foward, there was this blue guy next to him, I had no idea who it was.
Oct 27, 2012 3:02 PM

Jul 2012
Akashicchi said:
But isnt that just young prince Alibaba? óAò
/like how they portrayed Alibaba knowing all those sword plays?

Yeah I think it is! ... I couldn't figure that out LOL thanks
Nov 3, 2012 1:44 AM

Apr 2011
Hmmm, I agree with everyone here. I think, an anime adaption for Magi is just TOO EARLY!!! Currently the manga has 160 chapters and if you have read it then watch the anime, you'll notice that each episode of magi is equivalent to 5 to 6 chapters of its manga version. Really, just try to watch the episode then look at the manga. Episode 1 of magi covers chapters 1-5 of the manga. Then episode 2 covers 6-11. Episode 3 is about chapters 12-16 of the manga. Now, the latest episode 4 covers chapters 17-22 of the manga. In short, with that very fast pace the 160 chapters of Magi would be compressed too more or less 29 anime episodes. >.< Wow! that's just too short. No doubt the anime will catch up with the manga soon so they'll sure insert an anime-only story arc which I HOPE would make the story better but just thinking that Hiroyuki Yoshino is the one doing the story composition, oh I don't know how it'll turn out. Why did they pick him in the first place? Well I have nothing against him it's just that...well you know. ^^ Anyway, I just hope that the anime won't end with just 30 -50 episodes. I really wish the anime to continue like One Piece or just something like that with many episodes and follows the manga story if possible. ^^

~I just really love Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic <3
Memory keeper... ^_^
Dec 23, 2012 1:06 AM

Nov 2011
They are following the manga closely and the rating for this series is quite high so I am not worried. If they are getting too close to the manga then they can just end it temporarily and wait for enough materials to create another season.

Dec 27, 2012 1:33 PM

Jul 2008
KaiserNazrin said:
They are following the manga closely and the rating for this series is quite high so I am not worried. If they are getting too close to the manga then they can just end it temporarily and wait for enough materials to create another season.

But isn't it when it's going well for the anime that they usually prolong it with fillers rather than end it temporarily? :/ for ex. Bleach, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter etc... ?
And yes I think they started with the anime a bit too early, It came a bit as a chock when I saw they were going to animate it, I didn't have any such expections.
My worst fear for this though would be such an ending as Ao no Exorcist got... They ruined a anime that really had potential and could go on for seasons like other mainstream shounen :<

The composer Hiroyuki Yoshino that you guys are talking about.. Why are you a bit worried about him? ^^;
Sep 17, 2014 1:08 AM

Sep 2010
I know this is late, but even if they did wait A-1 pictures still would have found a way to screw the series up. At least they did a better job with the second season.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Best bow

xpuao_ - Dec 8, 2021

1 by Hintigo »»
Aug 25, 2023 7:55 PM

» Magi Volume 4

Hintigo - Jul 19, 2023

0 by Hintigo »»
Jul 19, 2023 11:35 PM

» Introduce yourself here!~ (。´∀`)ノ

kenma_ - Nov 3, 2011

30 by Please_be_nice »»
Feb 22, 2022 4:43 PM

» Favorite characters and least favorite ( 1 2 )

gally_exe - Feb 23, 2012

56 by xpuao_ »»
Nov 27, 2021 2:18 PM

» Newest Chapter

Timidodin - Jul 2, 2016

0 by Timidodin »»
Jul 2, 2016 9:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.