Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 1, 2012 8:23 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That ending made me want to cry for Mutta. HE DID IT!
Sep 1, 2012 9:01 PM

Aug 2008
haha banana!

This episode was god even though it's slow paced!
I'm happy to see Hibito again in the second half! and Apo too!

Haha mutta-santa next week! I would like to take a picture with a future astronaut in santa's costume! XD
**EDIT: Someone made me realize that Mutta said "Santa-claus ni ore wa naru!" (Just like luffy! XD and that's sanji!)

And I'm glad I read the manga, if not, I won't be able to sleep tonight.
KuriniSep 2, 2012 6:42 AM
Sep 1, 2012 9:02 PM

Jun 2010
As always, this episode was great! Apo is adorable once again, and despite prior assumptions, I find it interesting that they're being realistic with the selections. Kenji, Ya-san, and Fukuda didn't make it. At the beginning I assumed at least Serika, Mutta, and Kenji would pass, but only Serika and Mutta did. I love that.

The preview made me laugh.
Sep 1, 2012 9:24 PM

Nov 2011
Another slow episode. I don't mind them, but nothing great either. Other than that, it was great finding out Mutta made it, however obvious. Quite disappointed about Kenji, however.

Disappointed as in we may not see much more of him, and his interaction with Mutta. Probably will be more with Hibito now.
MissileSoupSep 1, 2012 11:14 PM
Sep 1, 2012 9:47 PM

Apr 2009
Finally! The moment we've been waiting for. I feel bad for Kenji too, his team really didn't handle things well and that made it hard for him.
Sep 1, 2012 9:55 PM

Jul 2011
I was really depressed about no episode last week! ;A:

Well I already had a hunch that Serika and Nitta made it for some reason. It's too bad that Fukuda and Furuya didn't make it, but Fukuda seems to have found something to do, and Furuya can always try again, same with Kenji (I shall cheer them on!!).

Next episode looks fun. :D
Sep 1, 2012 10:11 PM

Oct 2011
I love the humor in this show !! Some of it is subtle like him sitting on top of the jungle gym some is clear like the banana!!!On the more serrious note , KENJI Y U NO PASS!?
I can't wait for next week's episode , Mutta as santa!!!?Now what can go wrong there!? XDDDD
Sep 1, 2012 10:21 PM

May 2012
Apo is an alien
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 1, 2012 10:30 PM

Nov 2008
I was really happy for Mutta...I did feel bad for Kenji as well, but I'm glad Mutta made it.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Sep 1, 2012 10:41 PM

Aug 2012
Amazing Episode, was worth waiting two weeks for it. Truly amazing.

Congrats Mutta!

I liked the part with Fukuda and Furuya accepting the fate that they were given. At the end, even though they were not selected, they learned to accept reality and find enlightenment somewhere else. I hope we will see more of these two later on, I've grown to like their character.

You gotta love the way this show transitions from scene to scene, it's a great way to show what actually happened. At one point you have Mutta opening the envelope, then to the scene with Fukuda and Mutta spending their time at the Sky tree, then the confirmation of Mutta's being chosen to participate in the next step in Houston.

About Kenji, i'm not as dissapointed in him not passing. He still has a family to watch over and hopefully there will be another chance for him to participate in the next astronaut selection exam. The same goes with Furuya.

Stephen_CurrySep 1, 2012 10:46 PM
Lebron James Sucks
Sep 1, 2012 10:46 PM

Aug 2011
I have been waiting for this episode for far too long!! Last week just did not feel complete without my weekly serving of Space Brothers!

I want a dog alarm clock like that!!!! This reaffirms that Apo is indeed an alien xD but still! Who would not love a dog waking you up?

YOSH! Mutta made it! Obviously haha. Congrats !

And I feel bad for Kenji, too, but at the same time, I don't. He has obligations at home on Earth, what with his wife and daughter. A child should not have to grow up without her parent. If he wanted to be an astronaut SO badly, then he shouldn't have established a family. I love him and am disappointed that he didn't get chosen because I felt he was qualified, but this is for the best. Even he was hesitant about it because of his family. It's better that people that lack such obligations like his were chosen.

Can't wait for next week's episode~
Sep 1, 2012 10:48 PM

Aug 2012
xxxTsubasa said:
I have been waiting for this episode for far too long!! Last week just did not feel complete without my weekly serving of Space Brothers!

I want a dog alarm clock like that!!!! This reaffirms that Apo is indeed an alien xD but still! Who would not love a dog waking you up?

Yosh, Mutta made it! Obviously. And I feel bad for Kenji, too, but at the same time, I don't. He has obligations on at home on Earth, what with his wife and daughter. A child should not have to grow up without knowing her parent. If he wanted to be an astronaut SO badly, then he shouldn't have established a family. I love him and am disappointed that he didn't get chosen because I felt he was a worthy of it, but this is for the best. Even he was hesitant about it because of his family. It's better that people that lack such obligations like his were chosen.

Can't wait for next week's episode~

Kenji still has a chance. Hopefully he'll take the next astronaut selection exam.

I wonder how Mutta will talk to Kenji regarding this.
Lebron James Sucks
Sep 2, 2012 12:00 AM

Feb 2011
I really wish Kenji would have made it.

I wonder if JAXA would have hired any of the candidates. Mutta seemed to have the professional skills and knowledge to be hired on.
Sep 2, 2012 12:16 AM

Jan 2011
I really loved this episode, almost cried for Mutta when he made it.

Such a masterpiece
Sep 2, 2012 2:40 AM

Aug 2011
Nice episode :)
Was that a One Piece parody at the end? xD
Sep 2, 2012 3:28 AM
Nov 2010
Kenji didn't pass...
Sep 2, 2012 3:59 AM

Jul 2010
feel bad for Kenji and Ya-san, glad Fukuda get to see the manned rocket project revived.
Sep 2, 2012 5:52 AM

May 2010
It was kind of predictable, except the Kenji part
but it still made me feel really good

Sep 2, 2012 5:53 AM

Oct 2011
The perfect slice-of-life anime right here.
It continues to be the top.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 2, 2012 7:11 AM

Aug 2007
wow, it turned out exactly as i thought it would. nitta and serika and then mutta getting in. i still feel like kenji will make it eventually or through some loophole. he's too good to not make it.

anyone else think serika was cute when she was dancing in the preview? lol.
Sep 2, 2012 7:23 AM

Sep 2008
Great episode!
I don't know, but I thought Furuya & Fukuda will win in paper-rock-scissors,
Serika & Mutta will choose by Jaxa.
I hate this annoying guy from Kenji team pass instead of him.
I thought he will pass, since they don't put him in the same team as Mutta.

I kinda happy, but Furuya & Fukuda aren't emo just because they lose.
But I really sad because of Kenji...

Really, hope this guy will don't disappear and he will get some big come back :D

Anyway... I love this episode!
Funny, touching... simply perfect!
Sep 2, 2012 7:24 AM

Jul 2010
Jeddy017 said:

Agreed.

Great that Mutta made it.
Sep 2, 2012 7:37 AM

May 2008
Seriously Sundays are the best, Kokoro Connect , One Piece , Kuroko no Basket , Sword Art Online and Uchuu Kyoudai . My sundays have never been so awesome . Seriously hoping to have a good conclusion with Kenji

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 2, 2012 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
Loved this episode : D Apo being an alarm clock was quite cute and the banana scene was really hilarious XD I think that the selection was quite suitable. I'm sure Furuya will pass in the next exam and so will Kenji. That way, Kenji will get to see his daughter grow up a bit more. I do't think Fukuda will take the next exam since he's found a job with a space company, but I reckon he'll come back later in the series as some kind of support character.
Sep 2, 2012 10:42 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode :) Heartwarming.
Sep 2, 2012 12:20 PM

May 2009
I have to disagree with the 'slow episode' complaint, I actually love the pacing this episode.

But ahh, Mutta! His reaction to passing and upon realising what that meant for Kenji was just love. Hibito's reaction, too! So... brotherly. I'm so excited to see him again, though I will really miss Kenji.

Finally, AlarmClock!Apo needs to be mentioned! That was such a precious scene.
Sep 2, 2012 2:36 PM

Nov 2007
LOL @ Furuya getting the banana. xD
Yay for Mutta getting selected!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 2, 2012 5:22 PM

May 2010
Haha Mutta ordered a banana for Furuya then wth was that in the an animal version of rocky.

Kinda cool all 3 girl made it, imo i only thought one would had made it.

Space brother together at last.
Sep 2, 2012 7:34 PM

Jan 2011
Ahaha I think he was just embarrassed to eat the banana in public.

And the cutest moment of the episode
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Sep 2, 2012 10:18 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome episode that was easygoing but still had a lot of anticipation.
Congrats Mutta!!!
Sep 3, 2012 9:10 AM

Nov 2011
Well, Kenji seemed to be the obvious choice..... if this was real life but sadly for him its a show and mutta is the protagonist.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 3, 2012 10:57 AM

Jul 2010
Yess! GO MUTTA<333 I'm so happy for him :') I love how all the astronauts know him now, it's awesome:) Mutta is too cool, too cool :D

I wonder what's gonna happen with Kenji though. I feel bad for him, but I think it's good that he wasn't chosen. He has a family to look after, and I believe that was taken into the selection process.
Sep 3, 2012 11:51 AM

Mar 2012
sometimes slow paced episode is what makes characters good.
Sep 3, 2012 7:12 PM

Sep 2010
ya I don't know how 22 episodes in people can complain about slow pacing. This entire show's pace has been slow. I find it kind of refreshing and I like it despite its slow pace. It's kinda what slice of life is all about. This pace would be really slow in a Shōnen, but it fits for this show.
Sep 3, 2012 9:04 PM

Nov 2011
I'm not sure what people are on about. I don't see any complaints. I'd prefer it move along quicker, but not that I'd like it less otherwise. I don't exactly see anyone else attaching a negative connotation to "slow-paced" either, despite how people are responding. You can like the pacing in this episode, but you can't disagree that it was slow. Obviously, the show has never been fast-paced, but these past two or three have been particularly slow, especially since it's on a transition point.
Sep 3, 2012 11:26 PM

Sep 2011
I think the other candidates like Kenji still have a chance.
I'm happy Mutta goes to Houston!
and lol the banana XD
Sep 4, 2012 7:41 AM

Dec 2011
It was a nice episode and i'm sure it isn't over for Kenji yet.It can be a surprise for everyone
Sep 4, 2012 8:50 AM

May 2011
This is so wonderful although I'm also sad for Kenji. I hope one day he'll make it as well.

By the way, did you hear that irl they are working on a real spacesuit that will allow astronauts to survive falls from higher up? :O
Sep 4, 2012 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
lol @ that preview... santa clause ni ore wa naru !! XD
Sep 5, 2012 4:13 AM

Jul 2011
Jeddy017 said:

this

I'm very sorry for Kenji though.
Sep 5, 2012 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
Damn. Sucks that Kenji didn't make it.
Sep 18, 2012 12:35 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, but I really wanted Kenji to make it too, he's such a nice guy.
I'm glad I decided to watch this today, I don't have a lot of motivation but once I watch it I just can't wait for more!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 20, 2012 1:38 AM

Jan 2011
was surprise too about Kenji not being selected...

next is Mutta Claus?
Sep 26, 2012 10:34 PM

Feb 2008
Have to say, I really liked how the results were concluded in this episode. The way it was presented made it seem like a sure thing that Mutta would miss his chance and Kenji would become an astronaut, but then we suddenly get that line of congratulations near the end.
Dec 30, 2012 8:49 PM

Jul 2009
Ah, so it was Serika and Nitta that made it ... too bad Fukuda didn't, but he got an offer from another company. Really good for him! :) I'm glad he still gets to work on his dream :3
Ah, I wonder why Kitamura was chosen over Kenji :( It's a shame, I really like him ... I hope we get to see more of him T_T It's good that Mutta was chosen of course ... and that Hibito and all the other astronauts are happy for him too! Lol at Apo waiting so diligently ... I guess he was lending his luck to Mutta LOL ;P
Feb 13, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2012
LOOLL 10/10
I Lol'd at the One piece reference in the preview given the fact that mutta's voice actor is sanji from one piece
Aug 9, 2013 1:00 PM

Feb 2011
I felt inner joy while watching this episode <3
Oct 11, 2013 9:05 PM
Jan 2013
That was rather annoying, making use wait two whole episodes to find out who made it. I thought for a while in this episode that they would make me wait another episode to find out something the characters knew.
All the same, I'm happy Mutta made it and Fukuda didn't. Mutta and Serika were the only ones I really felt I wanted to pass. I hope Fukuda manages to build a relationship with his daughter.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Feb 1, 2014 3:32 AM

Jul 2012
I was confused when Fukuda congratulated Mutta. I thought I missed the revalation! Sucks that Kenji didn't make it. He's a good guy. Probably would have passed if that cocky red-headed guy wasn't in the same group as him :P
AndoFeb 1, 2014 4:24 AM
Feb 23, 2014 11:54 AM

Jul 2012
YESSSSSSS. -so happy-

Too bad Kenji didn't get in :( He really deserves it too... He's one of the smartest.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.