Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 16, 2014 2:52 PM

Jan 2013
Well every anime that has the genre of "Slice of life" is going to have some slow pacing. This anime is very enjoyable
Jul 23, 2014 3:38 PM

Nov 2011
Grats to Mutta! He earned it well.
Aug 13, 2014 2:51 PM

Nov 2011
I think the reason Mutta was chosen over Kenji is because he kept his team together, whereas Kenji was unable to thanks to Mizoguchi. Still, I'm surprised they're breaking up the "main three"- Mutta, Kenji, and Serika. I figured all three of them would make it thanks to the law of conservation of detail.

I'm happy for Mutta, nonetheless. The banana and Rocky moments were amusing.

Solid episode. I wonder how his relationship with Kenji will be affected...
Mar 28, 2015 6:36 PM

Jun 2009
Man, what about Kenji? All three of them deserve it, really.
Apr 12, 2015 1:56 AM

Aug 2010
I'm so happy he made it!!!! But it's kind of sad that Kenji didn't...

Can't wait to see Apo again!
Nov 11, 2015 5:43 AM
Dec 2009
I was really surprised Kenji didn't make it. He seemed like one of the best candidates to me, regardless of what his scores were.

I'm glad that it sounds like Fukuda got another great job offer, wishing the best for him :) I hope he can reconcile the issues with his family now.
Nov 12, 2015 10:07 PM

Mar 2012
Glad Mutta made it but feel pretty bad for Kenji. He seemed like the best candidate out of all the groups tbh :/ Hell even the guy who was causing discord on his team made it...
Dec 7, 2016 3:56 PM

May 2015
Wooo, Mutta make it! Too bad that Kenji didn't. :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 25, 2016 11:38 AM

Nov 2016
Episode 22 - Working on the Dream:

Serika and Nitta won the pass to the space.

Rocky vs The Great Gorilla.

Apo is the hero! and Mutta lack of confidence. But yet congrats on becoming the last candidate to Houston.

We have to wait to see what happens to Kenji and Ya in the next episodes.

3/5
ArakitoDec 25, 2016 11:41 AM
Sep 11, 2017 12:32 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely episode, I actually didn't expect Mutta was going to succeed, but well that sure is a nice surprise! Looking forwards to see what happens next.
Sep 11, 2017 12:34 PM

Sep 2017
RafaelDeJongh said:
Pretty lovely episode, I actually didn't expect Mutta was going to succeed, but well that sure is a nice surprise! Looking forwards to see what happens next.

I wish you well in your journey through Uchuu Kyoudai.
Nov 19, 2017 3:52 PM

Feb 2016
Massive facepalm! I only realised now that Apo was a reference to men in black. LOL!

I agree with what the others said, I found it tasteful how realistic they kept it, unlike what the others thought, I did not think that Mutta was necessarily going to be chosen. I mean we have 99 episodes here, but now that I think about it, the amount of the time they spent on the exam arc, it would've been a massive drag to the audience to revisit that.

What I did think was Mutta could've gotten in under terrible circumstances, I had a terrible theory thought up which was the prodigal failure storypath. The same story in 'Avatar' and 'Three kingdoms', where the slightly less qualified kin had to continue their brother's legacy.

Ibito would unexpectantly suffer some unexpected health failure, and Mutta had to step over his brother's dream and replace him. It would've totally come unexpected out of left field and ruined the audience's expectations that the brothers go into space together. The amount of moral dilemma that Mutta would have to wrestle with before ultimately going into space, possibly knowing he may not see his brother alive by the time of return... THIS IS ALL JUST SPECULATION, AND PROBABLY WAY OFF.

But I think it was good call not to go down that path as it would've suggested that he go through on luck which was a recurring them playing in Mutta's unfair negative mind.

I certainly enjoyed the astronaut test over the planetes one, though I thought the planetes did a very good job going to the realism of future space travel and the evolution of that industry at that.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Mar 3, 2018 9:23 AM

Feb 2013
Yes!
Mutta made it!
Serika and Nitta were the best ones by far, they deserved it too.
I feel bad about Kenji, Furuya and Fukuda-san.
Oct 21, 2020 3:59 PM

Dec 2007
the start of the episode when they finally revealed the result of their scissors-paper-rock made me go tearful, and when i thought that that notification were good came that scene of fukuda and mutta on that tower, which made me realize he didn't got it because he said in disappointed manner they are two unemployed man, but then the anime got me confused when fukuda said he goes to huston, this episode officially made it!

i have some strange feeling for kenji...

and that banana scene almost made me waking up my all neighbourhood with my laugh xD
Jan 10, 2022 8:08 AM

Feb 2012
I'm still hopeful that Kenji might make it, because his rival was the one who reconstructed the scores. Kenji was mentioned to be 2nd in the scores before they were erased, it was given as a reason why he couldn't have been the one to sabotage the computers. So there was a chance of foul play, which might disqualify 1 or 2 people who reconstructed the scores from memory.

Also, the person responsible for the green cards mentioned that they're more interested in the process of selection. It does seem a bit strange that such a big decision would be left to the candidates themselves, I wonder if that actually happens. Some of the candidates really shouldn't have been there in the first place, since they exhibited clear psychological issues. But I guess there wouldn't have been enough drama without them.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.