Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 1, 2012 10:43 AM

Apr 2011
I strongly recommend it, if you have the means. I finally ordered the first three volumes after wanting it for a while and it's now my favorite manga in my collection.

For one, getting to support Shimura Takako is is awesome! \o/ She's a great mangaka and writes unique stories, I think. And her art is delicious. Out of the manga she has written, I think Hourou Musuko is her best yet.

In addition, if you buy the English version, it sends the message that people are interested in manga with lgbt themes, and more might get translated and sold internationally! (Vote with your wallet, and all that.) It's rare for a manga like this to get localized so I feel lucky to be able to buy it and support it.

For the English translation, you can get them from Fantagraphics, as well as other bookstores like Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc. At the time of writting, Fantagraphics is currently running a promotion to make buying all three volumes together cheaper, which is why I recommend buying from that site!

Here the link if you wanna buy it!
⚉ Wandering Son on Fantagraphics: http://www.fantagraphics.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=665&Itemid=62

The other reason I recommend it is that the Hourou Musuko volumes are GORGEOUS. They're huge and sturdy (hardcover) and I love to hold them. I'll show some pics of my copy of volume 3 in case anyone is curious. http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/ad60/pulselock/Wandering%20Son/

I hope this post isn't obnoxious;;;. Just wanted to spread the love for this manga!

If you're a buyer, or even if you don't usually buy manga, please consider picking this one up!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 13, 2012 6:59 AM

Aug 2009
Listen to Heartpunch people. They speak the truth. I own the three volumes that have been released and they are easily the most well put together books in my collection (not just manga). They put an amazing amount of effort into the books and the translation is fantastic.

Even if I stopped reading the manga (which is unlikely) I will still continue to buy it just to support it and hopefully get more LGBT manga licensed too.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I would recommend starting the book from the back (the western "front") and read the wonderful essays in volumes one and two by the translator. I wish volume three had an essay too.
CalitarSep 13, 2012 7:20 AM
Sep 15, 2012 12:38 AM

Apr 2011
Calitar said:
Just wanted to add that I would recommend starting the book from the back (the western "front") and read the wonderful essays in volumes one and two by the translator. I wish volume three had an essay too.

Yesss the essays are terrific. I recommend reading them too. Even though they are short, they taught me a lot.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite characters

gally_exe - Jan 21, 2010

11 by Shih »»
Dec 21, 2011 8:13 PM

» Club I.D card available!

lalazoe - Mar 13, 2010

23 by Yuh »»
Oct 12, 2011 7:28 PM

» Why do you read?

ComposerLOST - Dec 23, 2010

6 by Rade-chan »»
Aug 7, 2011 7:14 AM

» how will it end?

VioRosery - Mar 31, 2011

3 by Chibisah »»
May 9, 2011 2:58 PM

» Where you all from?

polarcubs - May 25, 2010

8 by kurarahime »»
Mar 27, 2011 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.