New
Aug 31, 2012 8:30 PM

May 2010
All comments are appreciated.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 23, 2012 6:05 PM
Jan 2008
Yet another excellent dub from the folks at Animaze, and all around entertaining to listen to. Robert Wicks is a terrific Gene Starwind, and the chemistry between him and Brianne Siddall as Jim Hawkin is outstanding. Speaking of Siddall, her performance deserves mention; while watching this show, I had no idea it was a woman pretending to be a boy. It was so seamless that I assumed otherwise. There are cases where it can come across as painfully obvious, but this is an exception to the rule. Also along for support are Wendee Lee as Twilight Suzuka, the seemingly aloof but ultimately loyal assassin who at first tries to kill, then teams up with, Gene; Aisha, the hilariously zany and quick-tempered leader of the elfish/cat/humanoid Ctarl Ctarl race, voiced by Zan; and Emily Brown as the sweet, vulnerable android girl Melfina, who has no idea who she is or where she came from (isn't this a recurring trend of most Anime shows?). The first episode is a bit weak, as the actors struggle to find their characters. However, things pick up after that, and the dub, like the show, remains consistently enjoyable.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Mushi-shi

Lindle - Jul 22, 2011

3 by Jatz »»
Nov 6, 2014 5:07 PM

» Hunter x Hunter

Confucius - Aug 27, 2012

1 by Lindle »»
May 15, 2014 3:57 AM

» Noir

Confucius - Dec 24, 2011

3 by Confucius »»
Jun 10, 2013 6:08 PM

» Cardcaptor Sakura

Confucius - Aug 16, 2012

1 by Confucius »»
Feb 1, 2013 7:51 PM

» Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water (ADV)

JTurner - Sep 7, 2012

0 by JTurner »»
Sep 7, 2012 7:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.