Forum Settings
Forums

Immigrants. Cheaper employees, a nuisance or a great asset?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 31, 2012 7:52 PM

Jun 2012
Jack_Rav said:
Hapax said:
Hitchens said:
Jack_Rav said:
Only those who are willing to shift their weight for the benefit of the society should be allowed entry into said society.

Not necessarily disagreeing, but here's a plausible corollary to this statement: those within the society who are a detriment to it should be expelled from said society.

And you should also select the most valuable person for reproduction.

I wondered if the corollary would be thrown at me. :P My response would be that the corollary ignores the nature of the different sovereign states (/societies) in the world atm.

...and I disagree with Hapax's point. There are some values which go above the utilitarian 'benefit for all' POV.

It was a sarcastic... Eugenics etc...

Valuable was the wrong word, but i'm not English fluent and lazy, sorry

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Aug 31, 2012 8:27 PM

Dec 2010
Hapax said:
Jack_Rav said:
Hapax said:
Hitchens said:
Jack_Rav said:
Only those who are willing to shift their weight for the benefit of the society should be allowed entry into said society.

Not necessarily disagreeing, but here's a plausible corollary to this statement: those within the society who are a detriment to it should be expelled from said society.

And you should also select the most valuable person for reproduction.

I wondered if the corollary would be thrown at me. :P My response would be that the corollary ignores the nature of the different sovereign states (/societies) in the world atm.

...and I disagree with Hapax's point. There are some values which go above the utilitarian 'benefit for all' POV.

It was a sarcastic... Eugenics etc...

Valuable was the wrong word, but i'm not English fluent and lazy, sorry

Oh, then sorry. But there are some people who hold that view... :/
Aug 31, 2012 9:29 PM

Jun 2012
On topic,
Do people consider immigration the reason for anything bad happening them? It seems it's not a MAIN cause for the crisis, high unemployment or national debt (or I'm not informed enough).

I'm not judging anyone vote. And anyone certainly have really good reason. But:
Jobbik 16,67 %
FN 18% (there is nuke in this country... please)
FPÖ+BZÖ 29 %
VVD 20,4%
NPD *high in some region
SD 5.7%

What if extreme-nationalism and populism become a main influence in Europe? Some of those party are still historical revisionist, xenophobe, etc.. Even if they try to appear less evil recently, it's scary. Just my opinion after reading bits of history from those friendly guys however.

And now I'll be flamed again by far-right people (from all Europe this time, and there's allot). Wossh, yeaaa!

Also discrimination never helped anyone wish to benefit the society. But yes, chicken or the egg...

Jack_Rav said:

Oh, then sorry. But there are some people who hold that view... :/

I really really wish you were wrong...
HapaxAug 31, 2012 9:55 PM

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Aug 31, 2012 11:46 PM

Apr 2012
I'm interested in becoming so rich that I can hire a white housekeeper for my Mexican housekeeper
Sep 1, 2012 1:11 AM
Nov 2011
white people are the least racist of races.

i live in an area where white people are the minority.
when fights go down it's usually a bunch of (guess you would call them *majorities* in this situation -_-') 20 of them vs one white guy. not cool.
00001111qmpzSep 1, 2012 1:22 AM

Sep 1, 2012 2:37 AM

Sep 2009
MordercaMuminkow said:

But let's come back to topic - it depends. I saw for example families with ~8-10 children in UK only to earn wealthcare money (jew families, but this is probably obvious).

What is this sudden outburst of anti-semitic nonsense?

There are not even that many Jewish people in the UK, only around 0.5% of people are Jewish. Also, why would it be obvious that Jewish people are having children just to earn money?

I mean, I've not even heard that before as a general racist comment... it seems completely out of the blue.

x_Triggerbee said:

No.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Sep 1, 2012 2:51 AM

Aug 2012
x_Triggerbee said:

Well as much as I have tried to prove to Regicide that I'm not racist, there are a lot of people that were and still are extremely racist.
In history the white people were thinking they're the supreme race. Simple example Ku Klux Klan, remember what they did in America and not only, there's also Hitler, he wasn't the only one with the holocaust idea, some of his generals and followers also agreed with this.

Also I really don't understand what people have against the jew people
Sep 1, 2012 2:58 AM

Sep 2009
Kira-oniisan said:

ZIONISM!!!

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."

Sep 1, 2012 3:41 AM

Aug 2012
AnnoKano said:
Kira-oniisan said:

ZIONISM!!!

Wait what? now you're calling me a Zionist?
I wonder what's next...
Sep 1, 2012 4:13 AM

Jul 2009
AnnoKano said:
MordercaMuminkow said:

But let's come back to topic - it depends. I saw for example families with ~8-10 children in UK only to earn wealthcare money (jew families, but this is probably obvious).

What is this sudden outburst of anti-semitic nonsense?

There are not even that many Jewish people in the UK, only around 0.5% of people are Jewish. Also, why would it be obvious that Jewish people are having children just to earn money?

I mean, I've not even heard that before as a general racist comment... it seems completely out of the blue.

x_Triggerbee said:

No.

Against jew? Nothing. Look - how many jews lived in my country Poland before II WW - and in my personal opinion, they can go back here, I'll greet them (the problem is, that they don't want, cuz we're too poor). But when I lived some time in Liverpool, everywhere around me were BIIIG jew families, and what I heard from friends (helping in cleaning their houses etc) they're just like that - just trying to get state money. Soo I used them as example of bad emmigrants.

But, if it comes to hatred for jews - I personally didn't heard about cases like this. BUT unfortunately it's working for jews - I mean, they're constantly confident that everyone try to do smth against them etc etc. Try to watch some documentary video - cases like nice greeting - and they're thinking that they're insulted. Too much thinking about this ^^
Sep 1, 2012 4:15 AM

Sep 2009
Kira-oniisan said:

I wonder what's next...

You asked a question, I gave you a (somewhat tongue-in-cheek) answer.

There are an infinite number of reasons a person could give for disliking any group of people, but the most common reasons given for disliking Jews are that they are greedy, money grabbing, insular, conspiring, the state of Israel and its foreign and domestic policies and plain old religious bigotry.

I am not an expert on Jewish history, but I think that as far as Europeans go, anti-semitism probably stems historically from religious differences between Jews and Christians. That Jews tended to stick together is unsurprising to me because they would have been a minority group with different backgrounds and different beliefs to the majority of those around them. It seems natural they would want to spend most of their time with people with a similar outlook to them. Not to mention that people of all religious groups would have formed friendships with the community at their Churches anyway. You can see similar things happening in contemporary societies with other migrant groups, so one wouldn't be surprised to find the same thing happening in the past.

A lot of Arab and Muslim anti-semitism stems from the state of Israel, which they condemn for their treatment of Palestinians, and likely for their foreign policy as well. Of course not all Jews are supporters of Israel, but racism is irrational so the distinction between an Zionist and a Jew is often forgotten.

WORKS EVERY TIME!

Sep 1, 2012 4:42 AM

Aug 2012
AnnoKano said:
Kira-oniisan said:

I wonder what's next...

You asked a question, I gave you a (somewhat tongue-in-cheek) answer.

There are an infinite number of reasons a person could give for disliking any group of people, but the most common reasons given for disliking Jews are that they are greedy, money grabbing, insular, conspiring, the state of Israel and its foreign and domestic policies and plain old religious bigotry.

I am not an expert on Jewish history, but I think that as far as Europeans go, anti-semitism probably stems historically from religious differences between Jews and Christians. That Jews tended to stick together is unsurprising to me because they would have been a minority group with different backgrounds and different beliefs to the majority of those around them. It seems natural they would want to spend most of their time with people with a similar outlook to them. Not to mention that people of all religious groups would have formed friendships with the community at their Churches anyway. You can see similar things happening in contemporary societies with other migrant groups, so one wouldn't be surprised to find the same thing happening in the past.

A lot of Arab and Muslim anti-semitism stems from the state of Israel, which they condemn for their treatment of Palestinians, and likely for their foreign policy as well. Of course not all Jews are supporters of Israel, but racism is irrational so the distinction between an Zionist and a Jew is often forgotten.

Okay, phew from racist to Zionsit would have been a really awkward switch.

But now I have a question, off topic, don't answer it if you don't want to disliking something at a minority/populations is the same thing with racism?
You mentioned jews as being greedy, greedy, money grabbing, insular, conspiring, I've also heard that at a lot of other people.
Mentioning their downsides is the same thing with hating their entire population?

Also I've accidentally learned the meaning of a Zionist about two years ago, and only a few people make the difference between a Zionist and Jew, for example the most easiest one to observe is their religion, with Jews believing in one god and the Zionists denying it utterly, also where Jews are pacifists and accept this exile as a "divine punishment" and Zionist's belief in the force of arms(but I'm way off topic right now).

The main thing is that Jews as immigrants don't pose a big threat to the economy like the countries from eastern europe
Sep 1, 2012 4:44 AM

Dec 2008
AnnoKano said:

From what I've read in ancient sources, most of the contempt towards Jews stemmed not from their religion itself and how it differed to others, but from Jewish communities (which on the whole were quite small) wanting to be respected as separate groups, with their religious needs met by the majority. People assume the Romans generally hated the Jews, but actually they were rather accomodating towards them. However, the Jews also insisted on having a major say in the government of whatever cities across Europe they inhabited, and this often sparked outrage and anger from the decidedly larger non-Jewish communities. Wanting it both ways seems to have certainly sparked a lot of hatred towards the Jews, not just in ancient times, but in later centuries as well.

AnnoKano said:
A lot of Arab and Muslim anti-semitism stems from the state of Israel, which they condemn for their treatment of Palestinians, and likely for their foreign policy as well.

This is likely to be true, but I lived in Saudi Arabia for eight years, and you'd be surprised at how negatively the Saudis regarded the Palestinians. They may support them because of their shared religion, but that seems about it really. Apparently this seems to be true of other Arab countries as well, but I can't verify that.
Sep 1, 2012 7:16 AM

Jun 2012
Kira-oniisan said:

But now I have a question, off topic, don't answer it if you don't want to disliking something at a minority/populations is the same thing with racism?
You mentioned jews as being greedy, greedy, money grabbing, insular, conspiring, I've also heard that at a lot of other people.
Mentioning their downsides is the same thing with hating their entire population?

Ok, I see.
If you judge anyone just by it Ethnic group, it's discrimination.
You can tell it differs from racism if you judge cultural heritage instead of "race", but honestly, it end being exactly the same result.
How can anyone categorize single persons with so various personal experience with the stereotype of an ethnic group?

Kira-oniisan said:

Also I've accidentally learned the meaning of a Zionist about two years ago, and only a few people make the difference between a Zionist and Jew, for example the most easiest one to observe is their religion, with Jews believing in one god and the Zionists denying it utterly, also where Jews are pacifists and accept this exile as a "divine punishment" and Zionist's belief in the force of arms(but I'm way off topic right now).

No, Zionist is just supporting existence of Israel nation.
Also Zionist are not necessary Islamophobes or supporting oppression of Palestinians.
HapaxSep 1, 2012 7:27 AM

Sep 1, 2012 7:34 AM

Aug 2012
Hapax said:
Kira-oniisan said:

Ok, I see.
If you judge anyone just by it Ethnic group, it's discrimination.
You can tell it differs from racism if you judge cultural heritage instead of "race", but honestly, it end being the same result.
How can anyone categorize single persons with so various personal experience variable with the stereotype of it ethnic group.

Kira-oniisan said:

No, Zionist is just supporting existence of Israel nation.
Also Zionist are not necessary Islamophobes or supporting oppression of Palestinians.

No I just presented the situation in my country, along with a few things that I shouldn't have mentioned, and now I look like the bad guy racist, and I really want to correct that, racism is not something I ever "practiced" and I don't support it either, in any way or towards any specific ethnic group, I just presented some facts(the cases in France, Spain and Italy), that I've heard from the news or my classmates, two of them lived in Spain for an extended period of time, so they have a pretty well built view of Spain's opinion about immigrants.

Again, I have the not made my opinion properly expressed, that's what "exile" was for, the existence of Israel nation, while the Zionists are supporting the existence of Israel nation(from what I've read they have rather extreme ideas, to do so), the Jews are accepting their current situation as a "divine punishment".
Sep 1, 2012 8:45 AM

Jun 2012
Kira-oniisan said:

No I just presented the situation in my country, along with a few things that I shouldn't have mentioned, and now I look like the bad guy racist, and I really want to correct that, racism is not something I ever "practiced" and I don't support it either, in any way or towards any specific ethnic group, I just presented some facts(the cases in France, Spain and Italy), that I've heard from the news or my classmates, two of them lived in Spain for an extended period of time, so they have a pretty well built view of Spain's opinion about immigrants.

Not a "bad guy racist", anyone I know are "racist" at some point. Never made someone evil. It seems everyone can find reason to judge someone by it ethnic group. I've been racist myself in some situation. Honestly everybody can be racist at some point.

I don't think fact prove someone is acting "bad" because of it Ethnic group (in this case it most likely can't be fixed, except with expulsion or more extreme solution). Or if the problem comes from allot of different factor.

All I know for sure, discriminate a population, and it will certainly become more and more aggressive toward native.

I'm in France, so yes, I know about that. Government is actually evacuating tons of Romani people with most likely no idea of what to do with them. But making short-cut like Romani=Rapist thief really don't help to place them anywhere so they can get jobs and stop rob people. It's more complex of course, but you get the idea.

Kira-oniisan said:

Again, I have the not made my opinion properly expressed, that's what "exile" was for, the existence of Israel nation, while the Zionists are supporting the existence of Israel nation(from what I've read they have rather extreme ideas, to do so), the Jews are accepting their current situation as a "divine punishment".

Ok, but still no.
Idea of Zionism MOSTLY comes from the pogrom organised against Jew at the beginning of 20th century.
What you are referring to for anti-Zionism is jew religious anti-Zionism.
There's also jew integrationist or assimilationist anti-Zionism or any other reason to not support Israel as nation.

Indeed allot of Israelite Zionist have extreme Idea but not everyone. Wanting Israel existing as a nation not necessary mean eradicate Palestine.
Again, Zionism is just the idea of Israel should exist as nation. that's all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism

(I have no opinion on Zionism, really.)
HapaxSep 1, 2012 8:49 AM

Sep 1, 2012 9:01 AM

Aug 2012
Glad someone is aware of the examples I was giving. And yes everyone is at some level racist, but not all out as Regicide called me.

As for Zionism you are indeed right, the first article that I read was published on a anti-Zionism site.
Yet i kept on believing the facts presented there as being real, I never took in account the subjectivity of the author of the article.
In case you are interested, this is the first info I got on Zionism:
http://www.nkusa.org/aboutus/zionism/judaism_v_zionism.cfm

Have a good day
Sep 1, 2012 10:49 PM
Nov 2011
Kira-oniisan said:
x_Triggerbee said:

Well as much as I have tried to prove to Regicide that I'm not racist, there are a lot of people that were and still are extremely racist.
In history the white people were thinking they're the supreme race. Simple example Ku Klux Klan, remember what they did in America and not only, there's also Hitler, he wasn't the only one with the holocaust idea, some of his generals and followers also agreed with this.

im talking about todays day in age. maybe things are diff in america. but here in canada the flips, browns, chinese, viets, i have known alot so im talking from experience they are extremely racist here.

most of the black people here aren't though

AnnoKano said:

x_Triggerbee said:

No.

Yup.

Sep 2, 2012 1:35 AM

Sep 2009
x_Triggerbee said:

AnnoKano said:

x_Triggerbee said:

No.

Yup.

The claim that "white people are the least racist of races" is itself racist, so I'm afraid I'm finding it quite hard to take you seriously.

Also, I was going back through this thread and realised that most people involved in it are ignorant racists. For starters you are confusing Romanians (people from the Romania) and Romani (Ethnic group, often refered to as 'Gypsies'). Then you are saying how you "don't want to offend anyone" and shortly after saying that they are all worthless, freeloading criminal scum. Do you seriously think that not wanting to offend anyone makes what you say any less offensive?

Then I don't wish to offend any of you, but you're all fucking bigots.

WORKS EVERY TIME!

Sep 2, 2012 1:39 AM

Apr 2012
Wait a second... I've called them "gypsies" not "romanians", gypsies is our "romi" (the Romani in English). I'm Romanian...

Also, I did add "most of them", and did say I don't care if I'm racist.

I'm also writing this because it's annoying when people don't know anything about life in Romania and think this is JUST RACISM.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Sep 2, 2012 1:53 AM
Nov 2011
AnnoKano said:
x_Triggerbee said:

AnnoKano said:

x_Triggerbee said:

No.

Yup.

The claim that "white people are the least racist of races" is itself racist, so I'm afraid I'm finding it quite hard to take you seriously.

Also, I was going back through this thread and realised that most people involved in it are ignorant racists. For starters you are confusing Romanians (people from the Romania) and Romani (Ethnic group, often refered to as 'Gypsies'). Then you are saying how you "don't want to offend anyone" and shortly after saying that they are all worthless, freeloading criminal scum. Do you seriously think that not wanting to offend anyone makes what you say any less offensive?

Then I don't wish to offend any of you, but you're all fucking bigots.

ever hear of russell peter ?
if you got a brown guy admitting it, well there you go .

and actually think for a moment. look at past experiences.
where i live, it is a fact that whites are less racist.

when other races agree with you 90% of the time then no ****. sherlock.

Sep 2, 2012 2:50 AM
Mar 2012
x_Triggerbee said:

ever hear of russell peter ?
if you got a brown guy admitting it, well there you go .

and actually think for a moment. look at past experiences.
where i live, it is a fact that whites are less racist.

when other races agree with you 90% of the time then no ****. sherlock.

But who put black people in that corner? Since the white people abused the black X amount of years ago, we were clearly the more racist back then, and even now in America, why did it take so long for a black president to surface? Because the white people didn't want one.

I am not saying a certain skin colour is more racist than the other, but it is all up to the individual, and white people did give a reason to black people to be racist.

Anyway, why did people start talking about which skin colour is more racist, way to derail this topic.
Sep 2, 2012 2:51 AM
Nov 2011
they got a black prez to please the masses.

Sep 2, 2012 3:07 AM

Jan 2011
Fuck immigrants.
Sep 2, 2012 3:21 AM

Apr 2012
JonyJC said:
Fuck immigrants.

In the ass. Without lube.

Autocrat said:
Sep 2, 2012 3:28 AM

Jul 2009

It looks like someone is trying to prove no matter what, that there is a lot of hateful ppl (racist etc). Easy, slown down, it's not that bad as you think ^^

And even if I say - oh that men is probably thief (cuz according to his behaviour in shop, for example), and he is by chance black, that means that I'm racist because I'm ofending him? If I'm saying that I don't like person X I'm not thinking about his skin colour but about character etc. So if I'm saying that a lot of 'Romani' in my area are stealing, begging etc it's matter of fact, not some prejudice towards their race .

And if I recall thoroughly, I don't remember situation when someone was offended in my vicinity because he isn't white. BUT it worked in opposite way - a lot of black ppl was shouting for example "white pigs" etc. So I agree with x_Triggerbee. AND of course we're talking about now, not past.
Sep 2, 2012 3:53 AM
Nov 2011
JonyJC said:
Fuck immigrants.

Sep 2, 2012 9:42 AM

Jun 2010
This thread was bound to invite some unwarranted hate.
Sep 2, 2012 9:46 AM

Jun 2009
x_Triggerbee: 0/10
Sep 2, 2012 10:06 AM

Apr 2012
Hitchens said:
This thread was bound to invite some unwarranted hate.

True that. When he said "Romania" it was bound for us haters to come, because we're Romanians.

Autocrat said:
Sep 2, 2012 10:34 AM

Aug 2009
selective_yellow said:
Oh yes, immigrants (that work for lesser pay) are completely at fault for tough regulations that prevent them from working legally, and employers that will only hire them at less pay. Yeah, the people with the money/companies and the people that make the laws totally have nothing to do with it at all. Rich people totally just don't have enough money, so they are forced to do this. Nope, it's just people trying to live, eat, and perhaps give their kids some kind of better prospects that are at fault.

Do not even try and put those words into my mouth. I never said that it is their fault. You have never heard my soap box about how the rich are at fault for everything in this god damn country. My wording was not the best in my previous comment, I apologize for that.
Sep 2, 2012 10:59 AM

Jun 2012
Regularize immigrant and you fix the cheap illegal employment. And still beneficial to economy as labour force, or as qualified worker.

Sep 2, 2012 11:41 AM

May 2009
Underpaid immigrants are not an annoyance, I feel rather sorry for them. There are enough bad paying jobs for everyone, both immigrants and citizens, so the loss of job opportunities issue is bullshit. It's a good thing for economy I guess, but exploitation is immoral.

The problem lies with the high paying jobs. In my country, if you're white, are from Western Europe or North America and have a useful degree, you can be certain to get a good paying job regardless of whether you're qualified, while other highly qualified young citizens struggle to find work without someone with enough power pulling strings to get them a job. This contributes to the rise in the unemployment rate and is just as immoral and unethical as exploitation.

Ideal would be to pay immigrants and citizens the same and to hire whoever is qualified, but I guess most employers consider being ethical and fair to be the least of their worries.
Sep 2, 2012 11:52 AM

Jul 2012
Blaming immigrants for the country's problems is the most xenophobic thing you can do.
Sep 2, 2012 11:58 AM

Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
and certain countries need them to make babies because the natives aren't making any, you all should know just from the site you are on which country that is but I also will give you another less obvious example and that's Taiwan.
Haha true.. we need more babies:P
Sep 2, 2012 12:03 PM

Apr 2012
Arex said:
Hoppy said:
and certain countries need them to make babies because the natives aren't making any, you all should know just from the site you are on which country that is but I also will give you another less obvious example and that's Taiwan.
Haha true.. we need more babies:P

Italy is in the same condition.

Also, interracial relationships make beautiful babies. :)

Autocrat said:
Sep 2, 2012 12:36 PM

Aug 2012
I see the first post from OP has been taken care of as well. Good job mods =)

Seeing some of the replies, I think this thread can't go anywhere except bringing hate inside (being by racist posts or trolls baiting others into posting in a manner that would make them appear racist).

This thread should be locked imo.

Sep 2, 2012 12:37 PM

Apr 2012
Hyunckel said:

Seeing some of the replies, I think this thread can't go anywhere except bringing hate inside (being by racist posts or trolls baiting others into posting in a manner that would make them appear racist).

Then report it, oh you, the one that loves everybody.

Autocrat said:
Sep 2, 2012 12:45 PM

Jun 2012
professor-salt said:
Blaming immigrants for the country's problems is the most xenophobic thing you can do.

Thanks

Heika said:
Underpaid immigrants are not an annoyance, I feel rather sorry for them. There are enough bad paying jobs for everyone, both immigrants and citizens, so the loss of job opportunities issue is bullshit. It's a good thing for economy I guess, but exploitation is immoral.

That's what we get for making capital gain on labour... :/

Heika said:

The problem lies with the high paying jobs. In my country, if you're white, are from Western Europe or North America and have a useful degree, you can be certain to get a good paying job regardless of whether you're qualified, while other highly qualified young citizens struggle to find work without someone with enough power pulling strings to get them a job. This contributes to the rise in the unemployment rate and is just as immoral and unethical as exploitation.

Ideal would be to pay immigrants and citizens the same and to hire whoever is qualified, but I guess most employers consider being ethical and fair to be the least of their worries.

Company preferring ethnic heritage over merit should be somehow punished, but it's so hard to control. Tax bonus for respecting quota don't work, neither affirmative action. Racism is sadly stronger than love of money. Giving ethic notation can be a solution for some big company who need to keep an good public image, but it didn't fix anything. And forcing anonymous resume seems like an hypocrite joke.
Anyhow government should be less tolerant with this.

The saddest thing is that every-time someone try to fix this, you've got people who start laying "they took our job". And since politician don't want to loose elector... :/
HapaxSep 2, 2012 3:22 PM

Sep 2, 2012 1:58 PM

Jun 2012
Hyunckel said:

My dear, regarding some post and comment I'm sure you have straight opinion on this. It would really be a waste to not share it. Please help yourself
HapaxSep 2, 2012 2:05 PM

Sep 2, 2012 2:53 PM
Mar 2012
Hyunckel said:

What do you mean? Unless I am tripping balls nothing happened with my post. Actually if you looked in the first two pages some actual discussion happened, I knew it was a bit of trollbait, but nonetheless I tried, don't understand your problem here. Unless you want "[insert important guy here] died :(" and music threads all day, this can give some discussion, but I think you just looked at the title and decided to make this post.

I would rather have these kind of threads plus gun threads then visit MAL to say "RIP Osama bin Laden" every day.

x_Triggerbee said:
they got a black prez to please the masses.

What?! The Americans voted themselves so "they" is themselves, not somebody else, as I mentioned in my previous post, white people are as racist as anybody else, it is all up to the individual, only that black people tend to be more racist because they had been abused in the past and still in South Africa, check up your facts more.
KarpmanSep 2, 2012 2:57 PM
Sep 2, 2012 2:58 PM

Mar 2012
Well i personally just don't want my tax money going to illegal immigrants. Otherwise, I really don't care about them.
Sep 2, 2012 3:10 PM

Jun 2012
Andyis said:
Well i personally just don't want my tax money going to illegal immigrants. Otherwise, I really don't care about them.

You are ok to pay for a compatriot, but not for immigrant?
Where is the justice in this? When does a person became more legitimate from another to get minimal help?
Also letting illegal immigrant in extreme poverty can be dangerous, specially for public hygiene.

Sep 2, 2012 4:10 PM

Jul 2011
Kira-oniisan said:

As a person of Semitic descent I find this incredibly racist, and the fact that you don't see it scares me too.
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Sep 2, 2012 4:22 PM

Jun 2010
jrgcool35 said:
Kira-oniisan said:

As a person of Semitic descent I find this incredibly racist, and the fact that you don't see it scares me too.

The fact that people see a religion as an ethnicity and disregard the fact that Semites encompass a large group of people including Palestinians is even scarier.

Movie of the Week
Humanity and Paper Balloons
( Sadao Yamanaka, 1937 )

If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan
club! Thank you (:

Sep 2, 2012 4:27 PM

Mar 2012
He should have said prejudice instead of racist, but other than that I don't really see what the problem is. He was obviously insinuating Jewishness, as Semitic usually does, "ignoring" the Palestinians is normal.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 2, 2012 4:27 PM

Mar 2012
Hapax said:
Andyis said:

You are ok to pay for a compatriot, but not for immigrant?
Where is the justice in this? When does a person became more legitimate from another to get minimal help?
Also letting illegal immigrant in extreme poverty can be dangerous, specially for public hygiene.

Well I personally believe if someone went through what was needed to become a legal citizen then they have the right to get minimal help
People shouldn't immigrate illegally, but as long as it doesn't disturb anyone it should be fine.
However if it causes taxes to go to them rather than schools, repairing structure etc. then it would cause a problem.
I suppose I may be cruel but I don't think people who have already broken a rule should continue to cause other problems
Sep 2, 2012 4:29 PM

Dec 2009
I'm unemployed, never had a real job yet (17 years old)
so I don't really have an opinion, but even if I worked, why would I care and how would it bother me?

No way it would. So its okay.
Sep 2, 2012 4:31 PM

Jun 2010
Post-Josh said:
He should have said prejudice instead of racist, but other than that I don't really see what the problem is. He was obviously insinuating Jewishness, as Semitic usually does, "ignoring" the Palestinians is normal.

You just nailed the problem. "Ignoring" Palestinians and all other Arabs when referring to Semites is just a reflection of the nationalist and militant sentiments that surround the discussion-the politics of language. In any case, I'm surprised jewish people are even being mentioned in a thread about immigration.
BluntZSep 2, 2012 4:34 PM

Movie of the Week
Humanity and Paper Balloons
( Sadao Yamanaka, 1937 )

If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan
club! Thank you (:

Sep 2, 2012 4:36 PM

Apr 2012
BluntZ said:
Post-Josh said:
I'm surprised jewish people are even being mentioned in a thread about immigration.

Well thats an interesting thought there.

Well the problem would be people became cocky and forgot that there is always some one who wants to work for cheap. Well, no . . . the real problem is people just bitch. About? Their life, their job, their kids, their sex time, their bills, their private areas, their illness, their car, they even bitch about how their crap smells or rather whose smelly crap is that there.

ahhh suddenly im shinning new light on this issue.
BloodyRageSep 2, 2012 4:40 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » thoughts on social experiments?

deg - 5 hours ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it ok if your partner has a best friend (bestie) of the opposite sex?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 20

22 by Starchaser »»
5 minutes ago

» how do you complete assignments ? (school related)

sussybakagirl420 - Nov 6, 2023

12 by MyAssignment12 »»
26 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - 8 hours ago

12 by IpreferEcchi »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

93 by ArabianLuffy »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.