Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2012 11:40 AM
Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode
Hm good one but i missed proper ending and some characters interactions. e.g. Tylor and Yuriko were not item in the end ? it's shame it would be nice to see them in household enviroment with Yuriko getting upset in her cute way with Tylor over some unimportant thing. etc..

Overall
For so many OVAs there was not enough of captain Tylor.
It was more or less about rest of the crew exept OVA Tylor: Tokubetsu Hen - Hitoribocchi no Sensou (1st OVA relase = first 2 episode) . It was definitelly not as good as TV series but it was good watch.
7/10

Sent with Mal Updater
KinetaNov 25, 2012 10:51 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 12, 2013 4:39 PM

Aug 2009
It was okay.I am a little disapointed that they at least didn't end with the princess's life escape pod being picked up.The ending gives you a hint that there is more but considering this series is almost 17 years old any new animation will only be in the form of a reboot.
Aug 3, 2016 10:27 PM

Jun 2010
After finish watching the last ep. I find myself left hanging, is there going to be sequel or should I just read the manga and LN?
May 10, 2020 9:45 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty sad to see the Soyokaze go like that...farewell old ship...the ship that brought the crew together...

Wow didn't expect a cliffhanger, kind of disappointed to never know what happened and who the real enemy was, and if Tylor reciprocated Yuriko's feelings
The end of the first season was pretty good so why leave the sequel ova's on such a note.
I have to say while stories were interesting I kind of missed the humor that made this series so good maybe because captain Tylor was only in a few of them

Jun 22, 2020 6:05 AM
Apr 2019
Man this series has real trouble with endings, this ending makes little sense either. Besides the crazy stunt to introduce a new enemy in the last episode, it builds up a lot of things that yielded nothing. Like the project R destroyers, or the two admirals' plotting, all for naught. Azalyn can't decide whether to go to war, blowing up Soyokaze, all come out of nowhere and out of character.

Actually I half hardheartedly thought the new threat is manufactured by the two admirals using the new destroyers, in cahoot with the Raalgon Prime Minister, yeah that would actually makes some sense instead of this mess.
Sep 29, 2021 6:11 AM
Jun 2016
Unkrowned said:
I kind of missed the humor that made this series so good maybe because captain Tylor was only in a few of them
Yeah i was thinking the same too and was disheartened to not be able to see the perfect ending.I need to say , I miss the character drawing style of anime like this of 90s in anime of today.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor OVA Episode 4 Discussion

greenmarty - Aug 31, 2012

3 by Dawizz »»
Sep 28, 2022 11:31 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor OVA Episode 6 Discussion

greenmarty - Aug 31, 2012

4 by Yuni287 »»
Jan 5, 2022 5:49 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor OVA Episode 5 Discussion

Berry-Vodka - Apr 21, 2019

2 by Gosplan14 »»
May 30, 2021 1:01 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor OVA Episode 9 Discussion

Berry-Vodka - Oct 21, 2019

1 by Unkrowned »»
May 10, 2020 9:19 AM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor OVA Episode 8 Discussion

Unkrowned - May 10, 2020

0 by Unkrowned »»
May 10, 2020 2:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.