Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 2, 2012 2:14 AM

Jul 2011
cino said:

If someone pranked me like that I'd laugh it off and get on with my life. Random things do happen, people do silly things, even grownups. You might consider it cruel or whatever, but when you really think about it, it's nothing to be depressed about. There are japanese reality shows that do 100 times worse things and those shows are always popular. And there's wars in the world, there's rape, there's children starving and so on, aren't those the real issues?

You do realize that those "reality shows" are scripted right? With full consent of the participant's, this is completely different.

Sure you may be able to laugh it off, but if i spent year's pursing my dream only for it to be shattered and mocked publicly, i would most certainly be bitter about it. Yeah the world suck's, so? Go discuss that elsewhere, on a non-anime related forum.

@Mody
What, I don't see what you are getting at. Generally people lose weight if they don't leave there room at all.
Sep 2, 2012 2:14 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
cino said:
And there's wars in the world, there's rape, there's children starving and so on, aren't those the real issues?

The relevance of this statement is not very well defined. Having other more pressing world problems doesn't mean people shouldn't care about "petty" things. Also, there is no way one can tell if people don't care about those. How does one know? As far as one knows, a person might be helping children in Africa while actively boycotting the series because of this incident. After all, on a more relative perspective, most users here that have the luxury of watching anime can relate easier to these more "petty" problems that are much more closer to their own environment than strife and famine.

Also, it's not like strife and famine can be stopped right now.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 2, 2012 2:18 AM

Jul 2012
This may or may not be relevant.

I watched a movie called "God Bless America", and throughout the movie there is this running gag of a character(who sings terribly) who is being made fun of by a parody of American idol. Through out the movie he gains fame and loses it, he tries to commit suicide and he is generally made fun of. The protagonist feels bad for him and ends up going to a live taping and tries to tell everyone how horrible they are treating this guy.
The parody of a guy interrupts him and says "I didn't try to kill myself because i was sad, but because i wasn't getting the attention i wanted." or something to that degree. Then he shoots him and he kills him.

The point is, that i think this is like that.
Yes the joke was a bit cruel. Yes he's a budding voice actor and yes the people who pulled this off were wrong.
But is it not possible that this guy (remember media likes to over exaggerate things) is maybe acting a little too victimy here, so that this more dramatic story(about from what i understand is at least semi popular in Japan right now) can garner more attention for himself?

in my opinion, everyone is just as far in the wrong as everyone else. This is a stupid thing that should have never happened, and i really hope it doesn't hurt a show that really shouldn't be punished for silly reasons.
I sometimes watch lots of anime.
I sometimes write reviews of said anime at my website.
http://www.crawken.com/
Sep 2, 2012 2:26 AM

Mar 2011
wakka9ca said:
It's about people actually thinking that they are on their moral high ground while what they are doing isn't really the way to solve the problem.

This is a bit closer to the emotion I was feeling after reading about all of this. I've never really heard of something like this happening in the US though so I'm at a loss for reference points. Closest thing that I can think of is the Kanye West-Taylor Swift "Imma let ya finish" debacle that happened a few years back.
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Sep 2, 2012 3:02 AM

Nov 2011
How immature of them to do.
—Actually, nevermind.
Sep 2, 2012 4:13 AM

Sep 2008
zensunni said:
You know, actors in the US are notorious for pulling pranks on each other, sometimes very nasty ones. The fact that this was in public makes it a bit beyond the pale, but they have whole TV shows dedicated to that here in the US. I don't see it as a big deal.
I don't know where you work, but generally it's unacceptable to pull pranks of that nature in a business setting. It wastes everyone's time and gets nothing done. Japan - being the workaholic country it is - finds this even more unacceptable. Plus uploading the fake audition, tazing him and later harassing him on Twitter are far from harmless prank material.

Japan also has a very big bullying problem, mainly due to fear of the possible social stigmas that snitching and acknowledging your weakness brings. Remember, this is a country where one mistake - no matter how trivial - could cost you your career. It's to the point where many don't notify police after being mugged or raped. Their culture is fucked up like that.
ZyglroxSep 2, 2012 4:36 AM
Sep 2, 2012 4:14 AM
Jul 2012
Post-Josh said:
Icer48 said:
thesnnitro said:
To be honest, I really hated the VAs and the staff for doing such a horrible prank. Poor guy. What made it worse is that they laughed about it at the expense of his despair.

On another note, I really wish it doesn't affect the quality of the anime. Anything about this controversy can be settled after the show, but not during the show. To me, this anime is one of my favorites, but if sales keep plummeting due to contempt and hate, it might really take a bad turn. The VA and staff can be fired or hated however much everyone likes, but at least let them finish this anime first. People who are boycotting don't realize that they are harming the future of the people who really like the anime, even if their staff are terrible bastards.

+1

I really hope that people don't change their judgement on kokoro connect because of this incident. kokoro connect is a good anime and no exterior forces should change that.

I'm not watching this show anyway, but I disagree. The studio has the choice of replacing the voice actors/other staff in question, do they not? For me, the right choice would be to make a formal statement that those people are being immediately replaced, replace them, and then move on. If they don't replace them, they're basically saying it's not a big deal. If you continue to support those staff by supporting the show, you're basically saying it's not a big deal.

You can't just change the voice actors of a show that is already ongoing. The feel of it will be different unless they can find VAs that match the voices of the originals. I will continue to support the show despite this incident. Plus, to me this isn't that big of a deal.
Sep 2, 2012 4:22 AM

Jun 2010
Crawken said:

But is it not possible that this guy (remember media likes to over exaggerate things) is maybe acting a little too victimy here, so that this more dramatic story(about from what i understand is at least semi popular in Japan right now) can garner more attention for himself?

...Nope.
He didn't ask for anything, read that : http://pastebin.com/Pu2hADMc

It happened long ago and he didn't say anything because it's a shameful thing to do. It's something that happens everywhere so it's not like whining was going to change everything.

As you can see, someone asked about it and now everyone is angry about that bullying. Ichiki didn't ask for anything and as far as I know didn't try to get more attention. I don't think he even said anything about the boycott

And to those who still think this is like an entertainment show, IT'S NOT. Geez. Take a look at the links, when they interview Ichiki they ask if it was staged like every other entertainment show. It was not. There's a difference between making a prank and lying about a job. And remember, Ichiki is 30 years old, it's been 10 years that he's trying to be known in the anime industry. Doing something like that to a man pursuing his dream is just disgusting
Sep 2, 2012 4:48 AM

Jul 2011
Ichiki recently did a blog about this scandal.
http://ameblo.jp/garoumow/entry-11344293982.html
Sep 2, 2012 5:32 AM

Jun 2010
yu3 said:
Ichiki recently did a blog about this scandal.

=> He knows the people involved for a long time and is friends with some of them, like Terashima. Says, not one of them saw it as bullying.

While in the videos we can hear him say "I'll never forgive you" or "The people I just cannot stand are Terashima Takuma"

Funny how they try to cover the whole thing. I hope that at least Ichiki was paid to post this crap.
Sep 2, 2012 6:17 AM

Sep 2008
Messy said:
Funny how they try to cover the whole thing. I hope that at least Ichiki was paid to post this crap.
No kidding. His agency probably made him post that.
Sep 2, 2012 6:38 AM

Sep 2009
Zyglrox said:
Messy said:
No kidding. His agency probably made him post that.

The majority opinion of Japanese net users is same with you.
Sep 2, 2012 6:45 AM

Jun 2009
Everyone, this is ichiki-san's post about what now fans call "ijime connect"

http://ameblo.jp/garoumow/entry-11344293982.html. *are, it seems i've come late..

He said that it scares him when everyone (now) hates kokoro connects staffs and cast, then mocks them by using his name for the victim. He said "i'm so scared to see that is the truth"

He doesn't think that it wasn't an ijime/power of harrasement for him. He said that "it was yamanaka, who is close with me and offered the job. Because of the producer-san, sono mama ni i take this job ". And he doesn't see this job from the negative side. (Or maybe past)

And yes he also mentioned that he hurts so much, as hurt as terashima-kun, kanemoto-san, and producer-san (because of the scary internet (fan's) words)

He lets terashima laugh at him to make everyone laugh happily and pretend that everything's going alright in the kanemoto's kokoco's radio

He really is a kind person.. T_T
It seems that he had forgiven everyone from the start.. Then he did being a public society(?) Person to introduce kokoco to over 20 k followers in kokoco anime's twitter account. He has to go starts from hokkaido until kyushu

That's what i know.. Correct me if i'm wrong..
Ibuki_FuukoSep 2, 2012 7:14 AM
ICE TABETAI!!!
Sep 2, 2012 6:57 AM

Jul 2011
Hey guys, I still don't get it. This could change the anime in some way? I mean, in the production of the next episodes.
Sep 2, 2012 7:09 AM

Mar 2012
aiNkyy said:
Hey guys, I still don't get it. This could change the anime in some way? I mean, in the production of the next episodes.

No. The only thing it really does is hurt BD sales, thus decreasing the possibility of a second season. The rest of the 17 episodes will very likely remain entirely unaffected.
Lelouch22Sep 2, 2012 7:13 AM
Sep 2, 2012 7:13 AM

Jul 2011
Lelouch22 said:
aiNkyy said:

No. The only thing it really does is hurt BD sales, thus decreasing the chances for a second season. The rest of the 17 episodes will very likely remain entirely unaffected.

Ok thanks, so I understood correctly, this affect only the popularity.
Sep 2, 2012 7:23 AM

Jan 2012
Goodness me why the hell would they make such a horrible prank thats just too much and really i love Kokoro Connect so why the hell do they have to ruins its chances of success in the 1st place they went too far messing around with that poor guy.
Sep 2, 2012 7:25 AM

Aug 2008
I can't believe the staff are so heartless.
It's bad to make prank video, even worse if you show it in a show and consider it as nothing but something worth to laugh at. Even worse when you invited THAT victim to witness the prank video and hear everyone laughed at him, but not able to defense himself because he won't go yelling at the others or cry during a LIVE SHOW! Poor him, he had the pretend everything was alright...

But why they would do this? Because that's what the society seems to like. Personally, I don't watch any prank video because I, myself, wouldn't want to be the one laughed at in a prank video. But what you get, the audience was laughing, and they seiyuu (taichi's one and Aoki's one) were really mocking him during the live show. Well, it's not like this kind of video would stop the new trend of making prank video or picture with all the social websites...

And I have to thanks for the fans to overreact to this matter because thanks to them, at least it would let the society know that it's not welcomed and it may at the very least stop some people to do something like this again in the future.
KuriniSep 2, 2012 7:43 AM
Sep 2, 2012 7:50 AM

Aug 2010
I can only hope that karma will somehow bite those people in the @ss when they least expect it. Some disgusting things going on...
Sep 2, 2012 8:14 AM

Jul 2011
Ibuki_Fuuko said:
Everyone, this is ichiki-san's post about what now fans call "ijime connect"

http://ameblo.jp/garoumow/entry-11344293982.html. *are, it seems i've come late..

He said that it scares him when everyone (now) hates kokoro connects staffs and cast, then mocks them by using his name for the victim. He said "i'm so scared to see that is the truth"

He doesn't think that it wasn't an ijime/power of harrasement for him. He said that "it was yamanaka, who is close with me and offered the job. Because of the producer-san, sono mama ni i take this job ". And he doesn't see this job from the negative side. (Or maybe past)

And yes he also mentioned that he hurts so much, as hurt as terashima-kun, kanemoto-san, and producer-san (because of the scary internet (fan's) words)

He lets terashima laugh at him to make everyone laugh happily and pretend that everything's going alright in the kanemoto's kokoco's radio

He really is a kind person.. T_T
It seems that he had forgiven everyone from the start.. Then he did being a public society(?) Person to introduce kokoco to over 20 k followers in kokoco anime's twitter account. He has to go starts from hokkaido until kyushu

That's what i know.. Correct me if i'm wrong..

Thank you Ibuki Fuuko for translating it. I think I may leave now and continue watching this awesome series. You will miss a very awesome series if you let this kind of controversy on your mind can... Ja! Sayonara!
yu3Sep 2, 2012 8:18 AM
Sep 2, 2012 8:18 AM

Sep 2008

From 2ch, regarding Ichiki's recent blog post. Would appreciate it if someone translated the bottom text.
Sep 2, 2012 8:56 AM

Jun 2010
Zyglrox said:
From 2ch, regarding Ichiki's recent blog post. Would appreciate it if someone translated the bottom text.

Haha that's awesome, especially the "It's not my fault lol" from Terashima

Someone said that the line on the bottom is : Mizushima: "I wanted to comment quickly on the matter but I've "heard" Terashima, Kanemoto, Oogame wanted to comment on this themselves first so please wait for their comment."
Sep 2, 2012 10:59 AM

Mar 2012
Personally i don't care who's behind whhatever show as long as i like the show. But seriously. Pranks are a huge waste of time. i pulled 1 prank in my entire life and i felt awful afterwards
Sep 2, 2012 11:15 AM

Aug 2009
Sigh the fact that Terashin said on his blog that he's friends with Ichiki made it even worse. Being humilated by your friend is such a deep impact.
It's not like he didn't have a choice- he could simply reject the prank offer and all-

Oh well- hope it's settled by now-
Why would something like this happen ; v ;);; And I thought that all seiyuus were getting along sobs.

I wonder if it's settled by now?
But the Bandai Namco live where Sugitan ignoring Terashin was just recently so-

That reminds me,does anyone has link for the video? It was Bandai Namco Live tv Game Wednesday eps 37 as I know. Quick searched on nicovideo and yt,but no result.
Sep 2, 2012 11:59 AM

Jun 2010
Jessie21 said:

It's not. They are trying to cover the whole thing like it's just a misunderstanding. Terashima is not Ichiki's friend at all, he's just saying that to ease the whole thing . And on a side note :
"Kokoro Connect updated its homepage with a new article saying that they will sue people who uploaded fake and altered videos to internet making them "look like" bullies.
In other words they started to threaten the people who doesn't shut up about this."

So not only they don't apologize, but they threaten their own fans, those who buy their crap. It's even worse that they made Ichiki apologize for the inconvenience he has caused (gotta love japanese mentality). Oh and the videos were official and posted on their own channel.

I wonder who thought it was a good idea ? It's not like it could get any worse amirite ? *sigh*

Japanese otakus are mad by the way.
MessySep 2, 2012 12:13 PM
Sep 2, 2012 12:18 PM

Dec 2011
Messy said:

"Kokoro Connect updated its homepage with a new article saying that they will sue people who uploaded fake and altered videos to internet making them "look like" bullies."

And so they should - that would be libel.

Of course, if the situation really is bad (I haven't investigated this and don't want to either) then there are plenty of ways of making them look like bullies without resorting to faking stuff . In no way does this stifle criticism of their actions, boycotting products or anything of the sort.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 2, 2012 12:28 PM

Oct 2011
Messy said:
Jessie21 said:

It's not. They are trying to cover the whole thing like it's just a misunderstanding. Terashima is not Ichiki's friend at all, he's just saying that to ease the whole thing . And on a side note :
"Kokoro Connect updated its homepage with a new article saying that they will sue people who uploaded fake and altered videos to internet making them "look like" bullies.
In other words they started to threaten the people who doesn't shut up about this."

So not only they don't apologize, but they threaten their own fans, those who buy their crap. It's even worse that they made Ichiki apologize for the inconvenience he has caused (gotta love japanese mentality). Oh and the videos were official and posted on their own channel.

I wonder who thought it was a good idea ? It's not like it could get any worse amirite ? *sigh*

Japanese otakus are mad by the way.
Way to do damage control - producers of this show are Lords and Masters of Dealing with Stuff!
Like in normal conditions they could, lets say, delay publishing of BD so people would forget about that thing (people have bad memory) or make some statement with Ichiki along the lines "we screwed up, we are sorry"... not to mention puting original one to site (if one poster was manipulated)
but nooooooo they are going to war :D
I don't know what action of them is more retarded at the moment: forcing him to make this statement or suing people (even if it's just empty talking) - some people should be fired not for situation that is, but for way they are dealing with it (or is it some local thing? I don't know but maybe it's a custom in Japan?)
Dalek-bakaSep 2, 2012 12:34 PM
Sep 2, 2012 12:50 PM

Aug 2009
Messy said:

They are trying to cover the whole thing like it's just a misunderstanding. Terashima is not Ichiki's friend at all, he's just saying that to ease the whole thing . And on a side note :

What- I thought he was a nice,friendly seiyuu- wonder how other seiyuu would think about him-

"Fake and altered video" sure,when another seiyuu has already ignoring one of the prank member.
Wouldn't it be better if they just confessed and apologize for the overly-done prank- At least some fans would appreciate it better rather than being threaten.
But then again,real life isn't that sweet huh

Wonder if another seiyuu knew about this- especially those who are close friends with Terashima-
Sep 2, 2012 4:47 PM

Aug 2011
I've been avoiding practically anything related to Kokoro Connect for 1 week.

They just destroyed 1 of my favourite series. Curse the production staff.
But I will still support the series unless the author, illustrator of the novel and CUTEG are involved in it (PM me if they are also involved. Thanks).

I just hope the last 2 volumes won't be affected greatly. Everyone involved should buy at least 10copies(which isn't much) of each volumes of the last 2 volumes if the sales for the much first week is much lower than usual.

I'm still liking this series but nowadays I don't even dare to go to any fan site. In fact any site related to anime/lightnovel will most probably be talking about it too._.

I believe that this will also affect other series by the same production studio. My biggest concern are Onii-ae(same production studio, next season) and Baka to Test (same production studio and same publisher). I love both series so curse them to also affect other series I like.

Idiots. Baka Baka Bakax10000000000000000000000000

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Sep 2, 2012 7:51 PM

Feb 2012
Light novels, here I come...
Sep 2, 2012 8:25 PM

Jul 2008
A summary of events:
http://pastebin.com/Pu2hADMc
Sep 2, 2012 9:13 PM

Aug 2011
Sawashiro is not involved, I'm happy. (Maybe because she's an actual professional...)
Anyways, I was actually enjoying Kokoro Connect too, I mean I'll still watch it but that's ****ed up.
Sep 2, 2012 9:50 PM

Jun 2009
Since finding out about this... I haven't been able to bring myself to watch Kokoro.

I really enjoyed the show... but the incident have definitely cast a great shadow...

I would've forgive them if they issue a formal apology, instead... They freaking threaten their fans as well as continue to bully Ichiki, this is seriously wrong.

If only they just apologize... I believe there are countless others including myself who would forgive them if they do so. What they're doing now only further disappoint me.

Is it really that hard to say "We took it too far, We're sorry, it'll never happen again"

Simple, fast, and easy!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2012 10:42 PM

May 2011
The show is overhyped average run of the mill stuff anyways.
Couldn't find time to keep up with backlog and this is starting to go there with everything else this season minus a couple titles.
Sep 2, 2012 10:54 PM

Feb 2012
entropy13 said:
A summary of events:

Thanks for the link. I understand it now better.
Sep 3, 2012 1:12 AM

Aug 2011
And to those who say they won't buy the DVDs just to get back at the seiyuus, that's the thing, even when people say "oh I won't support this show by buying the DVDs because of this,"

The actors have already been paid.

Unfortunately there isn't much fans can do except maybe petition them to do a public apology or hope that karma bites them back.
Sep 3, 2012 2:59 AM

Jul 2007
Um TwinBrave, I think you missed a big chunk of the context. The involvement from a couple seiyuu is hardly the tip of the iceberg to this situation. It's the attitudes of producers-- in this case, Producer Yamanaka-- who spawn these bully plots in the first place. That's why the boycott is happening.

entropy13 said:
A summary of events:

This is a good paste. A bit tl;dr, but it fills in the context for those who need it.

On other aspects, I'm really glad this is getting attention as I've always had zero tolerance on bullying, and it's TERRIBLE this kind of thing is happening behind the scenes of producing an anime. I'll never support that kind of behavior and I hope those who need to learn a lesson on giving others basic human respect... will learn.
SplashSep 3, 2012 3:06 AM
- blog
DeviantArt | Domain | Ryuu-Rogue fansubs - Digimon + Inazuma Eleven
Sep 3, 2012 3:21 AM

May 2011
TwinBrave said:
And to those who say they won't buy the DVDs just to get back at the seiyuus, that's the thing, even when people say "oh I won't support this show by buying the DVDs because of this,"

Unfortunately there isn't much fans can do except maybe petition them to do a public apology or hope that karma bites them back.

I think your missing the bigger picture.

If your a rival studio and seen that KC got destroyed with lack of sales and that the target market audience is actively against those involved. Would you then hire them for your project??
Sep 3, 2012 5:10 AM
Jun 2012
Boycotting the anime will also prejudice those who didn't have anything with it, so don't do this.
Let's just enjoy this great anime :)
Sep 3, 2012 5:24 AM

Jan 2011
TwinBrave said:

except that because of this scandal, companies won't be hiring them anymore, which means their career is basically fk'd up. i dont see how is the situation leading towards them o.o
Sep 3, 2012 5:55 AM

Mar 2010
TwinBrave said:

But what about the studio? The studio wont earn enough profit if many people boycott this anime.
Sep 3, 2012 10:20 AM

Jan 2011
vongola1314 said:
TwinBrave said:

But what about the studio? The studio wont earn enough profit if many people boycott this anime.

So you're gonna punish the innocent to send a message against the ones actually at fault.

In what world does this make any sense?
Sep 3, 2012 11:44 AM

Dec 2009
Nasty incident this one. Well, I hope we can get a second season and this doesn't affect anyone's career. Sure, some of the seiyuus did something awful but I want Ika Musume 3.
Sep 3, 2012 12:30 PM

Jun 2008
Did they have to bring this up now.
The whole series is damaged cause of those people. ;;
Sep 3, 2012 12:36 PM

Nov 2008
I just heard this controversy and I watched episode 9 before knowing it.

I thought Aoki is a gentleman.... I was wrong.

On a serious note, those bullies will definitely pay for their actions. Waiting for Karma.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 3, 2012 10:01 PM

Oct 2008
I'd agree that although this prank is in bad taste and causes a lot of problems for everyone, the show itself is not going to be affected (unless there is so much backlash, there is loss of revenue as a result). I think that people are overreacting.

Jmac said:
All I got to say is kiss any chance of a 2nd season good-bye. Word on the street is there is a huge backlash in Japan and BD sales are not all that great (boycott?). So yeah, one big effed up PR mess.

Too bad, this series had potential. Why all the good shows gotta have some sort controversy surrounding it???

Recent amazing anime like Steins;Gate and Madoka didn't have any major controversies.

Post-Josh said:
antibiotictab said:
Ijime connect...

I don't see what's remotely funny, clever, or otherwise redeemable, about your avatar/profile picture. I'm going to pin it on English not being your first language. But yeah, it's 13 year old with a mic on Xbox tier.

I'm not Japanese and I find it offensive. I am reporting it.
Sep 3, 2012 11:36 PM

Nov 2008
this is still an issue? sigh
Sep 4, 2012 12:56 AM

Jun 2009
sirwence said:

Only because the bullies haven't apologize properly.

They could've just...

"We f*cked up, we shouldn't have done it, we're genuinely sorry Ichiki-San, this will never happen again, sorry for disappointing our fans with our behavior, we'll see to it that it won't happen in the future."

Ichiki get his apology, fans accept the apology, BD sales goes up again. Done, plain and simple...

But noooooooo....

First, they claim the fans misunderstood the whole thing because it was all staged.
Fans don't buy it

Then, they make Ichiki type in his blog that it's stage.
Fans got even angrier.

Now, they said Ichiki will voice character around episode 14 in the Blu-Ray, and it's a surprise role for him all along, and all those mean things they did, were part of the "surprise"

Seriously... Who did the PR team suck to get their job?
Oh yeah, they even threaten to sue the fans at one stage if they are to continue "slandering" their name or re-upload "edited" videos of the incident.
AirStylesSep 4, 2012 1:00 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2012 1:35 AM

Nov 2008
AirStyles said:
sirwence said:

Only because the bullies haven't apologize properly.

They could've just...

"We f*cked up, we shouldn't have done it, we're genuinely sorry Ichiki-San, this will never happen again, sorry for disappointing our fans with our behavior, we'll see to it that it won't happen in the future."

Ichiki get his apology, fans accept the apology, BD sales goes up again. Done, plain and simple...

But noooooooo....

First, they claim the fans misunderstood the whole thing because it was all staged.
Fans don't buy it

Then, they make Ichiki type in his blog that it's stage.
Fans got even angrier.

Now, they said Ichiki will voice character around episode 14 in the Blu-Ray, and it's a surprise role for him all along, and all those mean things they did, were part of the "surprise"

Seriously... Who did the PR team suck to get their job?
Oh yeah, they even threaten to sue the fans at one stage if they are to continue "slandering" their name or re-upload "edited" videos of the incident.

Dont let /a/ 2ch and 4ch off the hook for inflaming and the fans who started attacking those who were never even involved and just made it worse - everyone is to blame to some degree -
Sep 4, 2012 1:49 AM

Jun 2010
Ichiki tweets in the day of the prank: "I'll never forget this day... #kokoroco"
Yamanaka responds: "It seems it became a memory, good for you! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ"

It appears that the anime broadcast has been cut down to 12 episodes, 13 and 14 will be bluray exclusives and Ichiki will have a character exclusive to the anime to voice

sirwence said:
Dont let /a/ 2ch and 4ch off the hook for inflaming and the fans who started attacking those who were never even involved and just made it worse - everyone is to blame to some degree -

What's your point ?
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

335 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.