Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 22, 2013 9:38 PM

Aug 2010
symbv said:
Krissirk said:
So is there any future for this anime at this point in time or is it set in stone that there will be no season2?
There is not enough material for season 2 anyway, regardless of controversy or not, so you are posting in the wrong thread anyway.

Actually you are wrong. There were only 4 of the light novels covered and there are nine soon to be ten that are out. There is plenty of material there.
Jun 23, 2013 12:54 PM
Nov 2010
A bit later on but...

No publicity is bad publicity!

If this kid can't take a joke, then he's gonna kill himself if the critics don't like him.

Anyhow, I expect it's all forgotten now, and frankly who gives a shit?
Jul 6, 2013 3:53 AM

Apr 2007
madphil_69 said:
A bit later on but...

No publicity is bad publicity!

If this kid can't take a joke, then he's gonna kill himself if the critics don't like him.

Anyhow, I expect it's all forgotten now, and frankly who gives a shit?

And some people need to get a better sense of humor.
Jul 7, 2013 3:50 PM

Jul 2013
I was wondering why they didn't continue with this series -_____-
I already watched all the episodes :(
Jul 29, 2013 7:14 AM

Jun 2010
Honestly I can't say that I'm not giving a shit to this... but still... Really hope they can manage to continue... somehow
Jul 30, 2013 4:32 PM

Jun 2009
The series ended. It got a extra 4 episodes. What really hurt them was the manager of the artist that did the first opening. They had to change it because of that. Still a bad joke but still loved the series. This was the first big anime these three had done in a while and it got to their heads. No excuse but they got penalized and as I always say "karma and Murphy will come to bite you in the ass later".
Aug 21, 2013 10:44 PM

Oct 2012
I'm so pissed off right now. I loved the series. If the staff had been a lil bit more mature, maybe we would've gotten a 2nd season, specially considering that there's more than enough material for it... instead, they had to screw everything up.

SIGH.
Sep 19, 2013 8:47 PM
Apr 2008
What a shame. This anime has a good plot, characters are very relatable. Hope they will show a S2.
Sep 22, 2013 11:16 AM
May 2012
I watched the video and poor Mitsuhiro Ichiki that is kinda cruel I hope those who are involved with the prank properly apologized.
Sep 23, 2013 11:56 AM

Jun 2012
Bullying happens all the time, sad that there was a huge uproar over this even though it gets ignored every other time.

I just read about this here: http://wakarimasenlol.com/2012/09/04/the-kokoro-connect-bullying-incident/
Shoot first, think never.
Nov 13, 2013 7:50 PM

Jul 2012
Aw, man. I just found out that there were more volumes of the light novel to adapt, then I came across this. I was pretty excited too >< This sucks.
Nov 24, 2013 8:45 PM

Jun 2012
Well from what I can tell, people still love the anime but just not the VA's and the studio.

A smart studio right now could take advantage of this and ask the author for the rights to animate a second season. They would get the support of the fanbase who are pissed off at the original studio for the pranks and people won't complain about the change in new VAs.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Nov 24, 2013 9:08 PM

Jun 2012
Also, maybe its because I've been dehumanized but it didn't seem to bad. It seems more like the media has blown it out of proportion. While the prank was quite stupid, I don't think it was that big of a deal because first of all, it said he was trying out for a minor role anyway. Instead, he ended up being the head of PR, which it seems like they were making him originally.

I would believe being the head of PR looks better on your resume than being a VA for a minor character. Plus in an article someone posted earlier, the "victim" himself said that the media was misconstruing the information to make it look worse than it actually is.

But this is all just my perspective.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Feb 4, 2014 3:50 PM

Dec 2011
The heck?! now, it all makes sense. i just finished watching the whole thing (17 episodes, including 4 special episodes), wondering why they just stopped the show there. it was going very well. you know, the plot was totally intersting, sound tracks were really good, and all these made me to think about adding it to my top 10 animes, so why they just stopped producing such an awesome work. it was weird seeing an end in episode 13, and right after it, seeing a next episode title. usually, they don't stop a show at episode 17. it's always like sth 12 or 13 episodes long or 24 eps. beside it all, there were much remained story to be told in light novel, so i was deeply wondering why; and totally hoping they would make a second season for it.

Now i'm seeing this whole thing, the joke cast made and the immature act they did. alright, i do care for the poor guy (eventhough i think, after this long time, even he must have forgotten about it, or at least stopped being upset over it), but why shoud they blame the show for it?

Seems like everything got discussed already, so i just wanna say that i deeply wish for the show to get continued and get another season, in any way possible. it was one of the greatest animes i've ever watched and so many guestions in the show are left unsolved.

Note: Maybe i would go read the light novels. @__@
Feb 24, 2014 9:40 AM

Mar 2010
ceh. kimochi warui =__=
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2014 6:52 PM

Jun 2013
What a horrible thing to do. This anime had so much potential too.
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Mar 3, 2014 6:26 PM
Feb 2014
commanderkitty said:
What a horrible thing to do. This anime had so much potential too.

Totally agree. I just got done watching it and I was totally in love with every episode. I was completely hooked. I guess I need to get my proper ending from the novels now.
Mar 6, 2014 7:24 AM
Jan 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ARGH! WHYYYYYYYY! KOKORO CONNECT IS SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!!!! ...but as long as they continue the manga and light novels, i guess i can keep living
Mar 7, 2014 3:19 AM

Apr 2009
I remember hearing about this just after the whole incident was uncovered, absolutely disgusting. Can't believe they'd do this - especially as they should have known that it'd be met with a large backlash what Japans history with humiliation and the like... Was so upset about the whole incident that I've only just decided to watch this. A shame because it seems like a reasonably good anime - guess I'll check if the LNs have any translations after finishing the anime - instead of supporting the staff by buying the anime, might look into getting the LN's if the anime interests me enough.
Jul 2, 2014 8:51 PM

Oct 2012
leonightray said:
The heck?! now, it all makes sense. i just finished watching the whole thing (17 episodes, including 4 special episodes), wondering why they just stopped the show there. it was going very well. you know, the plot was totally intersting, sound tracks were really good, and all these made me to think about adding it to my top 10 animes, so why they just stopped producing such an awesome work. it was weird seeing an end in episode 13, and right after it, seeing a next episode title. usually, they don't stop a show at episode 17. it's always like sth 12 or 13 episodes long or 24 eps. beside it all, there were much remained story to be told in light novel, so i was deeply wondering why; and totally hoping they would make a second season for it.

Now i'm seeing this whole thing, the joke cast made and the immature act they did. alright, i do care for the poor guy (eventhough i think, after this long time, even he must have forgotten about it, or at least stopped being upset over it), but why shoud they blame the show for it?

Seems like everything got discussed already, so i just wanna say that i deeply wish for the show to get continued and get another season, in any way possible. it was one of the greatest animes i've ever watched and so many guestions in the show are left unsolved.

Note: Maybe i would go read the light novels. @__@

well actually the anime ended before this whole audtion fiasco. so no you're wrong they ended it on a good note but it would have been nice to see the other members and Taichi's sister and more inaban and tachi's couple like relationship to be animated.
Jul 9, 2014 12:50 AM
Aug 2012
I feel so enraged right now. Dammit. That anime was literally a masterpiece. Fliping loved that plot... I hope a season 2 happens and I hope Mitsuhiro is given an apology or atleast the chance to voice a character.
Jul 16, 2014 6:55 AM
Jul 2014
very late but I think this had more neutral information unless you guys got more since then

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-04/kokoro-connect-staff-issues-statements-on-performer-treatment
Jul 21, 2014 9:33 AM
Jan 2012
I just finished kokoro connect a few days ago and really loved the series. Didn't know that there was such a thing going on but I would still support the anime if season 2 ever comes out. I'm just really glad that Inaba wasn't part of it
Jul 21, 2014 8:04 PM

Nov 2012
damn ,,, at least the other companies not to make a very annoying prank or to bully , i really wish that this will be the last time that an anime supposed to have a season 2 but got cancelled just because of a prank that gone bad

sad .
Aug 9, 2014 10:59 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah, The Prank ruined everything,... This anime must be Top of the list and the sale will be great if this controversy never exist.... However, still hoping for second season...
Oct 30, 2014 4:35 AM

May 2011
Well, it's 2 years later. And outside of a minor role in Another, Ichiki has been blackballed out of any VA gigs whatsoever.

Classic Japan though. If something Negative happens get rid of the negative thing, Ichiki, instead of the people who caused the negativity, the pranksters.
CirrisOct 30, 2014 2:55 PM
Jan 7, 2015 5:48 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't know anything about this controversy, and honestly I still don't care. Whatever childish shit they pull has nothing to do with the series itself, and anyone who judges this series based on the immature behavior of grown adults outside of the series is just ignorant. So they pulled a nasty prank, so it hurt some guys feelings, what the fuck does that have to do with this series? Oh, they were working on this series when they did it? So, if they had been working on some other series, no one would have said shit about the fact they did this series at all then, right? It'd be whatever other series they'd been working on, but since it was this one... Do you see how stupid that sounds when I spell it out like that? Grow the fuck up people, damn. The behavior of the VAs has nothing to do with the series itself.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 28, 2015 4:22 AM
Apr 2015
I watched all 17 episodes of Kokoro Connect. It made me cry so many times. This was a really good anime, and I checked some from around the same season. This was the best out of all of them. They actually did this type of anime correctly, where most people got the ending they wanted. If he picked Lori, I would have been angry. But since it was Inaban I was glad.

They should have NOT boycotted the series because it's not the series fault. They should have given the anime to a new company and go bankrupt. :/
Jul 6, 2015 7:17 PM
May 2015
Yeah seriously. Why boycott the series. Sue the asses that pulled this retarded prank. I was so hyped too for Inaba x Taichi. And when they finally get together....BOOM they end the series. If news of a season 2 don't come out this year I'll rage but if anything I'll settle for the light novel. Volume 5 of Kokoro Connect is coming out in an english translation on October and volume 5 is the content after the anime so......yeah I advise my fellow english speakers who are fans of this show to do the same.
Oct 12, 2015 3:47 AM

Oct 2015
I am about to finish the anime and really want to a seconds season... If the light novels are still on produce there will be any kind of possibility of new season of anime. I hope it!
Oct 3, 2016 11:01 PM
Oct 2016
Dear people of 2012, the anime was completed (and was awesome) and none of this actually mattered. The english dub came out too, and was actually pretty terrible but still better than reading subs. Sincerely, 2016
Feb 19, 2017 10:39 AM
Dec 2016
What's a VA ....just asking
Feb 25, 2017 6:09 PM
Jun 2014
Akibmd45 said:
What's a VA ....just asking

Voice Actor, my dude.
Feb 25, 2017 6:31 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Boi, the anime sure had its share of shitstorm with this and the change of OP because of the euphonius guy talking shit to a seiyuu on twitter during the airing. ._.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 29, 2017 2:51 PM
Apr 2017
Well I'm assuming people have moved on from this at this point. I'm hoping for a second season and someone passed a petition along for me to sign, not sure if it will have an impact, but it's at this link: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/855/597/867/
Jan 23, 2018 7:38 AM

Sep 2012
AnimeforAL said:
Well I'm assuming people have moved on from this at this point. I'm hoping for a second season and someone passed a petition along for me to sign, not sure if it will have an impact, but it's at this link: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/855/597/867/

13EP+4OVA'S was complete season cause they planned 17EP but time was up so they had to release incomplete story, anime with a cliffhanger cause what Iori said at the end was a cliffhanger cause that raised again the question Will Tai & Iori be together or not it was like her finger is on reset button when it comes her relationship, they finished & released the 4final EP later as OVA'S

my point OVA'S arn't extra ones they are part of main series that was lefts out due time ending so pp should always count them, its same as anime has 24EP & ppl count only12EP

the anime is complete over there wont be any S2, unless they start with new chars like New season1, i think this is what is called spin-off

they ended anime, made proper ending so that made it impossible to do S2, at least impossible to continue their story

Willp1214 said:
Dear people of 2012, the anime was completed (and was awesome) and none of this actually mattered. The english dub came out too, and was actually pretty terrible but still better than reading subs. Sincerely, 2016

+100

i liked the series, but only char voice i felt like was out of place didn't fit for the char was Taichi, hes looks & that voice was so bad match, talking about eng dub ofc
Sugram22Jan 23, 2018 7:42 AM
Feb 11, 2018 11:17 AM
Apr 2017
Sugram22 said:

13EP+4OVA'S was complete season cause they planned 17EP but time was up so they had to release incomplete story, anime with a cliffhanger cause what Iori said at the end was a cliffhanger cause that raised again the question Will Tai & Iori be together or not it was like her finger is on reset button when it comes her relationship, they finished & released the 4final EP later as OVA'S

my point OVA'S arn't extra ones they are part of main series that was lefts out due time ending so pp should always count them, its same as anime has 24EP & ppl count only12EP

the anime is complete over there wont be any S2, unless they start with new chars like New season1, i think this is what is called spin-off

they ended anime, made proper ending so that made it impossible to do S2, at least impossible to continue their story

yea i agree, a spinoff would be nice since they introduced new characters who might join the club in the OVAs
Oct 27, 2021 10:27 PM
Dec 2017
That was a really beyond stupid marketing gimmick.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

335 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.