Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 1, 2012 3:12 AM

Dec 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
This has been bugging me all the way: Why the hell does Rokka call her husband "Shimao-kun?" In all the flashbacks and in the present. I don't get it. I'm no Japanese native, but from what I do know, I'd think she should be calling him Atsushi (like he calls her Rokka). Can anyone explain this for me?

I wanna know too...
Sep 1, 2012 4:40 AM

Jul 2011
hiroryo said:
So if you don't like this anime because you don't like how long Shimao's been in Hazuki's body, that's fine, but please stop whining about it.

So... you're telling us that we cannot write here all our personal disappointment with this series? I thought the forum was a place where each one could express their own opinion freely...

Shimao in Hazuki's body is annoying? Yes is annoying as hell and really boring too, until the episode 5 or maybe 6 this series was fun and exciting, focused on the relationships between Hazuki & Roka, Hazuki & Shimao and Shimao & Roka, but now we had 4 episode that is only focused on Shimao & Roka, in a few words focused only on a dead person and flashbacks, this has completely changed the pace and the plot is progressing slowly as hell, and left only 2 episodes. But well, this only my own opinion.
Sep 1, 2012 5:01 AM

Jan 2012
I only want Atsushi and Rokka together, forever and ever
Sep 1, 2012 6:05 AM

Jun 2008
I dont see why many people complain about Shimao either. Clearly he is the main focus of the show and the show is not about Rokka finding a new love and getting married again, the show is mostly about how to cope with pain when you have a strong attachment to someone and how to part from that person.

Honestly I wont deny Shimao was a bastard by taking Hazuki´s body (Who would want to be possessed by a ghost?*shivers*) but I strongly can connect to his feelings. Who would not want to be "visible" and be able to touch the one we love after we died without fulfilling all our dreams/plans and promises together? Who would want to leave and forget everything (according to most of religions, specially the one is Japan, in order to reincarnate you have to forget) so that means you´ll forget the one you love and probably not you´re lucky enough to see him/her again. Im not saying it would be better to keep the memories of his former life (HELL NO, that´s a hell of a burden) but I see why Shimao is reluctant to leave: it means changing. To change can be scary when you dont know where you go, what you´ll be doing or who will you be. Will he return to the book? will he go to "heaven"? Will he reincarnate? It sure brings you a lot of insecurity.

Besides do not forget he means no harm to Hazuki, he trusts Hazuki and he is grateful to him. and people seem to completely ignore that and keep flaming him like there´s no tomorrow. He makes mistakes because although he is a ghost, he is still human, he didnt die and became a saint, give him a break.

Everyone has opinions and its interesting to read them all, but honestly the producers arent trolls, I dont think they would troll us and make Hazuki lose his body forever to Shimao. Clearly next ep or at the end, Shimao will end up giving back Hazuki´s body, just because the man is dead does not mean he does not have feelings, let him have his proper goodbye and give his blessing to Rokka, I do not believe he is such a bastard to break the promise of returning the body.

And I must say this again: I love the two leading men a lot, but if Shimao had returned the body after one episode I dont think the story would portray its real meaning.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 1, 2012 6:41 AM

Jul 2011
Orulyon said:
I dont see why many people complain about Shimao either. Clearly he is the main focus of the show and the show is not about Rokka finding a new love and getting married again, the show is mostly about how to cope with pain when you have a strong attachment to someone and how to part from that person.

Yes, I think that many of us have understood the main plot, but then what sense had the first 5 episodes which were totally focused on Hazuki & Rokka? Which of course were the episodes most appreciated by many people here.
Sep 1, 2012 7:30 AM

Sep 2007
NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I feel like Hazuki is losing in this bout D=

yesh....this is what this series has come down to in my view <_< a bout between Hazuki and Shimao and everything is just some abstract point system....lol.

EDIT: After looking at the preview for 10..... it looks like role-reversal xD;; Hazuki is the ghost..
......... ;o; That........ doesn't sound good....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 1, 2012 10:14 AM

Jul 2012
I don't know the main reason behind other peoples complaints about this show and honestly I don't care, its a forum about anime and their discussing what? You guessed it an anime, and if they hate something about it, they have every right to talk about it, so if you don't like their rants and criticisms, too bad for you.

Now that we got that out of the way, let me just say that this show has been a let down; a friend and I always looked forward for new eps, always joyfully discussed the shows details, characters and plot points...until it the possession happened and with it the horrible pacing, suddenly the show refused to not only move past this plot point, it also hounded us with countless flashbacks that kept repeating what we already had a good idea about.

With two episodes left I am really not in the mood to see how they continue botching the story anymore than they already did, so I will most likely step out and not bother with this show more than I should.

good day/night to all of ya.
Sep 1, 2012 12:33 PM

Jul 2011
hiroryo said:
I don't get why some people whine about this anime or just the last couple of episodes because Shimao is in Hazuki's body. They think Shimao's been in Hazuki's body for too long, and the story is dragging. You know what I think? I think you need to watch this show for what it is, not for what you anticipate it to be. Maybe you would like this show better if Shimao was in Hazuki's body for one episode and gone, and all the remaining episodes would be about the blossom of love between Hazuki and Rokka. But obviously that is not the kind of story the author wants to tell. So if you don't like this anime because you don't like how long Shimao's been in Hazuki's body, that's fine, but please stop whining about it. You think Shimao in Hazuki's body is annoying? I think the half dozen people complaining about it in every episode discussion thread are annoying.

Oh, MAL forums. Most of time they are filled with people complaining too much because of minor things in anime; but when people bring fair complaints, someone comes to complain about those complaints. Come on, man, stop being fanboyish.

The problem isn't the body swap device, nor the series would be better by showing a fluffy romance instead. The real problem is that the plot twists are used in a wrong way; we had almost 3 episodes running in circles around the character's emotions that we already know well. Their characterization was more that enough on the first episodes, but now development lost strenght.

To be fair, I found this episode stronger than the previous ones; the difference wasn't so big, though. And now we have just two episodes until it ends, and I lost the personal attachment that was growing around episodes 03-04. What a waste.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Sep 1, 2012 12:41 PM
Mar 2012
SephiriAzure said:
I couldn't even cry at their little sad reunion..the whole time I was just mad at this whole situation.
Same here.

Lelouch22 said:
Although it was a great moment, Shimao's realization of his own flaws and cruel actions came far too late for him to derive any sympathy from me. He only arrived at this point after managing to fully revert Rokka's current emotional well-being to it's previously broken state.
I agree.

Seems that jerk Shimao is happy now. I hope he dies. Well, completely.
Poor Rokka, having to go through all of it again. Now she's losing him twice. Way to treat the woman you love, Shimao.
But it might make things a little easier for Hazuki - at least he doesn't have to explain things he has no memory of doing.
Sep 1, 2012 12:43 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode, I liked the reunion between Shimao and Rokka. I want them to stay together, they are meant to be together forever. But I feel bad for both of them because Shimao is eventually going to lose Hazuki's body.
Sep 1, 2012 1:24 PM

Oct 2010
:________:
Sep 1, 2012 1:43 PM

Dec 2009
Dragging its feet.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 1, 2012 7:52 PM

May 2011
Even with this second try at life Shimao does seem to be looking to the end the entire time. The way he just seemed so slow to react made me feel awful for Rokka. It is all frustrating but yet again I find myself thinking I wouldn't deal with it any better. Having gone once would I really be able to say goodbye once again, knowing how it has affected them?

This and Moyashimon Returns now make me want to climb a tree. Although I can't say I ever thought there was one that looked kind.
Sep 1, 2012 10:41 PM

Jun 2009
I can't come up with any possible teories of my own nor read the ones posted before me. I just want to crawl in a hole and die ;__;
Sep 2, 2012 1:34 AM
Jan 2012
I deeply love this anime, but I feel it would have been a better idea to not make a anime adaptation of it. Because the story is awesome, it's touching and all, at EP09, we still don't know who should Rokka should choose in the end... I can't wait to read the manga after the series end.

This episode was very good, but I agree, it's maybe a little bit too much into the body swapping. But hey, we finally see the light haha !
Sep 2, 2012 9:34 AM
Dec 2008
Since the body swap, This show is a lot less interesting for me. I'm dissapointed since I really liked the start :(
Sep 2, 2012 1:35 PM

Jul 2012
My tears were shed. ;_;

Really good episode, IMO, but WHUT. Another cliffy?!
Sep 2, 2012 1:59 PM

Jul 2012
Melodramaaaaaaa
Sep 3, 2012 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
Sprawls said:
Since the body swap, This show is a lot less interesting for me. I'm dissapointed since I really liked the start :(

Yeah, it seemed to lose direction as it began

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 3, 2012 9:36 AM
Feb 2012
Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

Hazuki has to get out of there. Things are getting way too dangerous. And I'm slowly starting to hate Shimao. Sure, I didn't really like him from the start but now it's turning into hate. Guy should stay dead, get his things together and get the fuck out.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 3, 2012 3:08 PM
Jul 2008
This is pigeon poop! We have emo people just beating around the bush. And really? There is drama about florists. The only way I think this show would redeem itself if it was explained that Hazuki was on a acid trip while that girl was hallucinating from literally eating his bones.
confuser987Sep 3, 2012 7:21 PM
Sep 5, 2012 1:06 AM

Feb 2010
SephiriAzure said:
I couldn't even cry at their little sad reunion..the whole time I was just mad at this whole situation. I like Hazuki-kun a thousand times more than I do Shimao, and the whole time this was happening I was thinking about whats gonna happen with Hazuki now.

Honestly!! This is exactly how I felt during that scene... For the love of god... Give the man his body back!!! also, Shimao is damaging Rokka beyond repair. Selfish. I get that he's hurting, but he's hurting her more. How can she recover from this insane situation??

It's hard to imagine how Hazuki will a) get his body back and b) work it out with Rokka.

Can next week involve the return of the body.... Please? ...seriously...
Sep 5, 2012 1:35 PM

Sep 2011
I enjoyed this episode more than the last ones :D
Sep 5, 2012 2:00 PM

Jun 2012
It's quite insane.

Imagine Rokka actually have to choose between the dead husband or Hazuki...
Choosing the husband meaning Hazuki death.. And not doing it meaning rejecting here loved husband.

Still like Shimao anyway. This running scene was a perfect use of humour with drama.

I suppose I'm happy it's different from what I was waiting for.
Rokka don't seems to have much feeling for Hazuki, or way less than for Shimao (understandable).

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Sep 5, 2012 6:10 PM

May 2012
Zee530 said:
Sprawls said:

Yeah, it seemed to lose direction as it began

This exactly. I am super disappointed as well. Shimao is a total as_hole. Its too late to drop this so I am just waiting for this to be over already, since the body swap this became so annoying to watch, VERY.

The first 2-3 episodes were awesome thou.

I dunno how this mess can be salvaged, only option is for Rokka to forget all this crap, or make it all be a dream or something, but even that would not save the series much.

The bastard of Shimao possessed Hazukis body while he was drunk, it would be awesome if all this mess was merely screwed up dream of his and wakes up the next morning only to have dreamed of the horribly thing he was gonna do to both Rokka and Hazuki and move on to the afterlife for good, but I doubt it thou.

Apparently the manga ending is happy for Hazuki fans....
9988Sep 5, 2012 6:15 PM
Sep 6, 2012 11:51 AM

Aug 2007
abaanda said:
:s this body swap is taking to long .

yes, for me its too long, but finally Rokka relize that Shimao is on Hazuki's body.
Sep 7, 2012 9:54 AM
Jan 2011
I hope Hauki gets his body back and keeps Rokka as well.
Sep 9, 2012 8:41 AM

Mar 2009
OMG I'M CRYING!
Sep 10, 2012 8:23 AM

Aug 2008
Lol Shimao's uncoordinated running reminds me of a zombie.
Sep 11, 2012 7:40 AM

Nov 2008
Shimao's way of running is funny! Seems like he's used to running that way. hahaha. I wonder if Shimao's gonna deny that he's him in the next ep.
Sep 14, 2012 1:16 PM

Sep 2011
Getting a bit out of hand.
Sep 21, 2013 6:53 AM

Oct 2009
What an annoying episode.
Feb 5, 2014 3:44 PM

May 2012
I just knew this would happen! Just when she's almost able to meet her, he'll vanish as he was never there in the first place! Well things sure are developing lovely so I really wonder what will happen next!
Jan 25, 2016 10:18 AM

Jun 2010
abaanda said:
:s this body swap is taking to long .

Exactly! This is way too bad. I wanna drop the show but I can't since there's only 2 episodes left.
I hate Rokka now..................................... Who would actually be stupid enough to fall for her..?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2016 6:56 PM

Jun 2013
Rokka finally realized that it was Shimao in Hazuki's body.
臭い-
Oct 21, 2016 8:52 PM

Sep 2010
Twist! And this is why we need the Winchester brothers to take care of ghosts.
Apr 2, 2020 2:32 PM

Nov 2016
Running like a titan, dunno if I should laugh or cry.

But overall definitely a very emotional reunion and episode. Was nice to see more of Rokka's pov. Her suffering all those years, not being able to say good bye, ouch:(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 8, 2021 8:03 PM

Jul 2016
If only Shimao could realize how much he's damaging Rokka's mental state...
May 26, 2021 10:51 PM

Jan 2021
I hate this episode so much
Aug 4, 2022 4:24 PM

Mar 2013
So annoying. I can't wait for this Shimao guy to leave for real.
Feb 7, 10:44 PM

Dec 2022
I feel like my boy Hazuki is making his long-awaited comeback in the next episode
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2012

167 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 5, 2012

151 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2012

103 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2012

71 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 16, 2012

88 by katakumplat »»
Jan 28, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.